Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (38379 Views)

Daily Excerpts From Jehovah Witnesses Old Books With Russellrutherfo / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 09, 2020
The Lagos State Government, through the Office of the Public Defender (OPD), has recovered a severely jaundiced 14-day-old baby whose parents denied her life-saving blood transfusion on religious grounds.

The baby girl (name withheld) was delivered prematurely at a private hospital in Surulere with headquarters at Ikoyi on December 18,, 2019 to Mr and Mrs Emmanuel Onokpise of Abata Close, Orile-Iganmu.

The baby was discovered to be severely jaundiced at birth and and the doctors prescribed that she be given urgent blood transfusion to survive.

But, according to a statement by the OPD, the baby’s parents who are Jehovah Witnesses and on Medical Insurance (HMO), opposed the blood transfusion for their baby citing their religious belief.

They allegedly unilaterally discharged the baby from the hospital against medical advice.

The statement said: “It was the critical health condition of the baby and deviant position of the parents that persuaded a spirited member of the public to inform the Lagos Office of the Public Defender to save the child from untimely death.

“The agency swung into action immediately, got the relevant court order by invoking relevant sections of the Lagos Child`s Rights Law of 2015 and Lagos State Safeguiding and Child Protection Policy of 2016.

In collaboration with the Nigerian Police, Adeniji- Adele and Orile stations, the baby was eventually evacuated from the parents’ home after stiff resistance from other mobilised members of the Jehovah Witness on 30th December, 2019.

The OPD said the baby was taken to Massey Street Children Hospital on Lagos Island.

It said the baby, which weighed 2.2kg at birth, weighed less than 1.7kg at the time of rescue, allegedly “due to lack of medical attention after being kept at home for one week and five days by the recalcitrant parents.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/blood-transfusion-denial-lagos-rescues-14-day-old-baby-from-jehovah-witness-parents/amp/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Seun(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2020
This is highly commendable. I hope they don't stop at rescuing babies. Children of all ages in similar circumstances should be rescued. We cannot let children die in the name of religion. A child’s right to live is more important than her parents‘ right to impose their religious beliefs on her.

If you have a similar case to report, you can call the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender on this toll-free number: 07080601080 or mail opdlagos@yahoo.com.

192 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by TheEnygma(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2020
Religion has become a major problem in this continent

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:57am On Jan 09, 2020
Our Holy Bible taught us what to do in this kinda case.

How we wish people read their Bibles religiously.

Thank to LSG and God for the life of this innocent baby.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by MrRhymes101(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2020
Lol this thing is funny cos I read another case of a husband refusing to allow blood transfusion for his wife who was about to put to bed. She eventually died n the man remarried... He remarried a Catholic babe

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by david22uu(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2020
good
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Generalkaycee(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2020
Emancipate yourselves from Religion slavery.
None but ourselves can free our minds..

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by JesseThunder(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Similar issue happened around where I'm staying at Igando early this year! Well the girl is dead now. JW parents refuse blood transfusion.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by filleSouriante(f): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2020
K
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Sweetcollins: 9:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Deluded beings

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Patrioticman007(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Hear them hypocrites, The Title should read Christians in Nigeria are refusing Blood transfusions for their babies. Not Nigerian citizens. The facts are had it been the family were Muslims, the hypocrites will not allow us to hear a word. Shame on Islamaphobia & bad journalism.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by oluwamile(m): 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
. Jehovah witness people they always burst my head,u can't argue with them and win
Me and my guy got into an argument on this blood or no blood transfusion issue,he showed me a Bible passage that do not offer blood to idols blabla bla,I was like how does blood offered to idols affect u giving blood to someone that is dying

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Tonyspecial(m): 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
their religion, their life biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by hisexcellency34: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
Jehovah's Witnesses are turning the Bible upside down.
How can you say because Herod did birthday and he beheaded John the Baptist and so birthdays are illegal?

They also said Jesus did not do birthday while on earth but when you ask them to explain the Bible verse that says ' teach us how to number our days', they keep silent

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by frankobobby(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Ftc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by BlackPantherCri: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
I don't even know what goes through their minds.

Thanks God I am not a JW. I for don die tey tey be that.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Iheoforlex: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Now this is one of the reasons why I hate religion

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by 9jayes: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Na how many times una go push dis to front page.

All dis mods sef

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by WebSurfer(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
All religious people are uneducated and unexposed ignorant fools.

Mention me at your own detriment because i will school your foolishness

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Fuckthamods: 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
Useless church
I prefer satan to people that are too religious
Tueh!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by grandstar(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
This is old news

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by showafrica(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
Nonesense jehova witness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by oloriLFC(f): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
It was on front-page a few days ago wasn't it. Still, the parents of that child no try at all. Religion is not stupidity. It is not blindness

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by airminem(f): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
smiley Yeaaaa

As a homieeeee kindaaaa of lady i say, for those who hide behind the false image of the SON of MAN, shall stand bfor GOD

Thats ma word! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by topshotnista(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
Wow... Religious beliefs... What nonsense. I hope that child grows up to become someone important and pay back those ignorant parents in their own coin.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by grandstar(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
We don hear, this news is making FP many times and na only one pikin, una wan chop thank you and very much the same time! angry

You no see Seun post. Na because he wan quote they push am to Frontpage.

I'm a witness by the way. This is a very contentious topic and can not be discussed in details here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Chaiyee. This one worst pass sheep.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by oloriLFC(f): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2020
JesseThunder:
Similar issue happened around where I'm staying at Igando early this year! Well the girl is dead now. JW parents refuse blood transfusion.
chai! Thank God I'm not blinded by stupidity in the name of religion maybe I'd be dead now. But I'm alive because I didn't go to a prayer house instead, hospital. Now, myself and my baby(unborn then) are alive

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by 1kworks: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2020
I have met quite a few of them. One of their babes once said she likes me but can't date me cos she is promised to another.

How is that different from arranged marriages? It's their belief though so I respect it. I just wish they would allow the kids chose for themselves.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adeboye On Death Of Son, Dare: I Cannot Complain, Blame Or Question God / COVID-19: Deeper Life Donates N50m To FG / I Wonder If There Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.