Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,924 members, 7,956,471 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington (752 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington by iListen(f): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
Three and a half decades into his marriage, Denzel Washington has learned a few things about what makes his lasting love with wife Pauletta work.

The Equalizer 2 star also revealed that when he and his wife celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary in June, they did so in a low-key way. “We just chilled, had some dinner,” he said. “It was kind of quiet.”

So what is their secret? What makes a marriage work for three decades?

For much more on Denzel Washington, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE on newsstands now

“There’s too many things!” said Washington of what he appreciates most about his better half. “What pops into my head: security, food, a beautiful home. The difference between a house and a home, it’s a big difference. You can buy a house, but that doesn’t make it a home – and not to say a man can’t make a home a home, but my wife has made our house a home, and raised these beautiful kids [John David,33, Katia, 30, twins Olivia and Malcolm, 27] and protected them and sacrificed for them, she did the heavy lifting."

Speaking of good food, Washington went on to praise his wife’s cooking skills.

“She has a few [specialties]. I’ve been eating her curry chicken since I’ve known her,” he said. “I used to make it too, but not as good as hers.”

And what’s Washington’s specialty?

“No, let’s not go there. I don’t want to get caught lying,” he joked.

The Equalizer 2 is now playing in theaters.

Re: I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington by HotMario: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Great guy
Re: I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington by frenzydilz(m): 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington by decatalyst(m): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
A great man appreciates his wife and finds every opportunity to make her feel special.

#Gentleman
Re: I Do What I’m Told And Keep My Mouth Shut- Denzel Washington by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
Wise words.

He said he used to make it but not as good s his wife.

As famous and rich as he is, he still enters the kitchen. He joined the wife to make their house a home.

Take this home guys.

(1) (Reply)

The Secret To Your Success Is Who You Marry, New Study Shows / Naija Women And Juju - Shola Jordan Adeoye Oh Lord This Man Is The TRUTH!!! / new hybrid food,‘’semo-wheat‘’ made and discovered by me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.