Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why TV Viewership Is In Decline - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why TV Viewership Is In Decline (576 Views)

Power Book II: Ghost Has Smashed Viewership Records For Starz / 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why TV Viewership Is In Decline by adesojiadegbulu(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
It's no news that TV viewership is on the decline. However, people have different ideas about and reasons why this is happening. It may be because of the advent of the internet, lack of interest in TV shows or the Over The Top (OTT) TV i.e. content providers that distribute streaming media as a standalone product directly to consumers over the Internet, bypassing telecommunications, multichannel television, and broadcast television platforms that traditionally act as a controller or distributor of such content.

Before today, the last time I watched a TV was during the 2018 World Cup match between England and Colombia. And that was while I was doing something else on my laptop. I sincerely don't watch TV that much. Much of the TV news, shows, series etc I watch are streamed online. I'm certain that you have a similar experience and probably you have a different reason why you do not watch TV as much as you used to.

Read more about Why TV Viewership is in Decline
Re: Why TV Viewership Is In Decline by PlayerMeji: 1:02am On Jul 23, 2018
I think the advent of smartphones and social media has made people to prefer interactivity which the platforms provide to non-interactivity that the obsolete normal tv programming offers. How many people would prefer to watch some guy on the tv talk for more than 30 mins without any form of interacting with the fella? Tv would be interesting now if it is interactive. Just IMO though!

Check how many times I wrote the word INTERACT-

1 Like

Re: Why TV Viewership Is In Decline by adesojiadegbulu(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Yes, that's one of the major reasons - interaction wink

PlayerMeji:
I think the advent of smartphones and social media has made people to prefer interactivity which the platforms provide to non-interactivity that the obsolete normal tv programming offers. How many people would prefer to watch some guy on the tv talk for more than 30 mins without any form of interacting with the fella? Tv would be interesting now if it is interactive. Just IMO though!

Check how many times I wrote the word INTERACT-

(1) (Reply)

See Why Linda Ikeji Revealed Instablog9ja's Identity / I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help / Bbnaija: There Is A Virgin In The Big Brother Naija See Who

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.