Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match (1269 Views)

Photos Of President Jonathan Watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia World Cup Game / Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by shadrach77: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2010
Father of 3 dies watching Nigeria/Argentina match
| Print | E-mail
Tuesday, 15 June 2010

A resident of Ugbo Odogwu, a suburb of Enugu, Peter Agbowa, slumped and died while watching the 2010 FIFA World Cup match between Nigeria and Argentina on Saturday.

Agbowa, 56, a father of three, was said to have slumped from a chair when Argentina scored the lone goal of the encounter six minutes into the match.

His wife, Georgina, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Enugu that she noticed that her husband stood still after he shouted and was no more moving.

According to her, “I tried to touch him, but he just fell on the floor and I shouted to alert neighbours who quickly came and rushed him to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.”

Agbowa, who hailed from Ukana in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, was a self-employed carpenter.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by medjai(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2010
. . .and they said Amodu played heart attack football. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
I wonder why people still take football this serious. I thought I'm the most passionate SE fan today but this one don apss me o.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by snakova(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
Eeeeyaaa cry
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
whao! sad story indeed sad
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by honeric01(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
Imagine? this is what i tell those i love that they should never expect anything from any Nigerian games because it has brought more sadness to people than good of recent, why die for another person who's gaining either win or lose?

An SE draw is a + to me, because "blessed is a Nigerian that has no expectation from the SE for he shall never be disappointed" tongue
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by princekevo(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2010
Source please.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by Matinho: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
May his soul rest in peace,i wouldnt rule out the possibility of him losing a substantial amount on bets for that game.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by natume: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
may God rest his soul in perfect peace.BUT Super eagle is not what to die for though.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by ovo4u(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Holy Poo but this is what it like when the Nigeria team have no time make us feel great,most of all the time when we watch their match, we mostly end up heartbreaking, cry cry cry cry
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by sayso: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
Georgina that name reminds me of my aunty,she must have taken some energy from the husband and nothing left for the man to sustain his adrenalin for the match.RIP Peter.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by toluxa1(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
I don't believe this story jorrrr. Is it that the guy didn't expect Argentina to score any goal or he expected that we'll just win the match like a walk over. Rubbish. If the story is true then it's either the guy was very sick before, or maybe he FOOLISHLY had a bet with someone with all his money. It all does't make sense to me. Wetin Italian man go come do when Paraguay score dem?
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by eros(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2010
toluxa1:

I don't believe this story jorrrr. Is it that the guy didn't expect Argentina to score any goal or he expected that we'll just win the match like a walk over. Rubbish. If the story is true then it's either the guy was very sick before, or maybe he FOOLISHLY had a bet with someone with all his money. It all does't make sense to me. Wetin Italian man go come do when Paraguay score dem?

My neighbor, a mother of 4, also died in the early hours of Sunday morning after suffering a heart attack when Argentina attempted to score another goal. Although, she had being very sick before this time and was diagnosed of having high blood pressure and other related illness. She was a staunch football lover, who met her untimely death through our useless super chickens.

What a sad ending!!!!!
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by honeric01(m): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
eros:

My neighbor, a mother of 4, also died in the early hours of Sunday morning after suffering a heart attack when Argentina attempted to score another goal. Although, she had being very sick before this time and was diagnosed of having high blood pressure and other related illness. She was a staunch football lover, who met her untimely death through our useless super chickens.

What a sad ending!!!!!

Sadder story.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by montelik(m): 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2010
medjai:

. . .and they said Amodu played heart attack football. May his soul rest in peace
Abi o, after all I don't recall of people dieing during the period of Amodu's heart attack football. This why it good for our commentators to down play expectation. I can still remember a man in my area who died after Zambia scored the first goal against us in the ANC finals of '94. But at least in his own case he had bet big money. His family eventually used part of the winnings to bury him.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by chidichris(m): 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2010
i am happy for amodu who killed those things that kill ppl in me while he was the nigerian coach.
if not for amodu, i would have been on the danger list by now.
why must this man die for something that does not worth it.
am sorry for him and his family.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by debosky(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2010
chidichris:

i am happy for amodu who killed those things that kill ppl in me while he was the nigerian coach.
if not for amodu, i would have been on the danger list by now.
why must this man die for something that does not worth it.
am sorry for him and his family.

grin grin grin grin

Amodu don suffer! cheesy
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by obinna5000(m): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
Its just so sad. May his soul rest in peace. sad
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by tayoast(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
eh yahhh cry
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by Sagamite(m): 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
ovo4u:

Holy Poo but this is what it like when the Nigeria team have no time make us feel great,most of all the time when we watch their match, we mostly end up heartbreaking, cry cry cry cry

Don't go and achieve something in your life, be waiting for Super Eagles to make you feel great.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by tayoast(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2010
^^
cheesy
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by semid4lyfe(m): 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2010
See wetin Lagarbeer and his zonal marking football don cause. undecided angry May his gentle soul rest in peace and may God give his family the fortitude to bear the loss. . .Amen!
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by 9ja4eva: 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2010
May his soul RIP

It was never a good idea to watch the SE in the first place.I no get their time.
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by mamagee3(f): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
ovo4u:

Sagamite:

Don't go and achieve something in your life, be waiting for Super Eagles to make you feel great.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by natume: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2010
smiley
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by tayoast(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2010
hope nobody died afta d Greece shocker
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by SeanLewis(m): 11:57am On Jun 20, 2010
cry cry cry cry so sorry 4 the family
Re: Father Of Three Dies While Watching Nigeria/argentina Match by SeanLewis(m): 11:57am On Jun 20, 2010
cry cry cry cry so sorry 4 the family

(1) (Reply)

Olympique De Marseille's Taye Taiwo Agrees Terms With Ac Milan / World Cup Fever - Brasil 2014 / U-17 World Cup Finals UAE 2013 Nigeria Vs Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.