Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims (30328 Views)

Fayose's Motorcade Was Blocked In Ondo By Angry Youths – See What He Did / Ambode Rescues Accident Victim In Lagos / Ogun Deputy-governor, Yetunde-onanuga Rescues Accident Victim (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by LMAyedun(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
The president’s convoy helped the injured in Ekiti state

The advance team of President Goodluck Jonathan’s entourage, returning from Ado-Ekiti on Sunday rendered emergency rescue services to accident victims on the Lokoja-Abuja highway, witnesses say.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, reported that the accident, which occurred at Okpu village, few kilometres after Lokoja, involved two cars carrying 11 people.

A Nissan Almera car with registration number AH 47 KAA going to Lokoja and a Honda Accord model with registration number BG945BWR en-route Abuja, were involved in the accident.

The two vehicles had a head-on collision with serious impact, causing varying degrees of injury to the occupants of the vehicles.

The accident occurred few minutes before the presidential motorcade came by the scene, NAN reported. Mr Jonathan was in Ekiti state over the weekend on an official visit.

As the convoy arrived, the president’s security team rescued victims trapped in the two cars.

The front door of the passenger seat of the Nissan car was axed before a middle aged woman, who was inside, could be rescued.

The medical team, led by Dr Aliyu Usman of the State House Clinic, rendered emergency medical treatment to the victims, aided by two nurses.
Later, a team of the Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, led by one Mohammed Haruna, arrived the scene of the accident about 30 minutes into the rescue operation.

The victims were taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, in an FRSC rescue van for further medical attention.

An eye witness, Aliyu Sadiq, said that the accident was caused by speed, dangerous driving and the poor state of the road.

The eye witness, who is a commercial bus driver, said he plied the road on daily basis, and that there was hardly a day that an accident is not recorded on the road.
(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/146931-jonathans-motorcade-rescues-accident-victims.html

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by peleson: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Goodman

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by doctokwus: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
I don't understand.Where dey expected to speed thru d accident,what if it was blocking their routeand dey had no choice dan to move out d cars,which dey cudnt do without moving out d victims first.Na wa o! These 2 sides of d divide is getting comical:those who luk 4 any kind of news to paint GEJ bad and those who luk for evn d inconsequential to make him luk gud.

51 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by yunglykmine(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fresh Air all over the country.
Even fresh Air to accident Victims too..
#TeamFreshAir.

31 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ok. Governor Fashola started it now the rest are following. By the way, is it now safe to go by road from Ekiti to Abuja?

I don't understand.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Is Lokoja now in Ekiti?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
So the convoy now moves with Axe?

45 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by LMAyedun(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Keneking: Ok. Governor Fashola started it now the rest are following. By the way, is it now safe to go by road from Ekiti to Abuja?

I don't understand.
Ha!! shocked O fe pa President wa!! GEJ can't go by Air for now ooO.. Our airspace is not safe for now. Since Madam Stella said "it was an act of God" let that "Act of God" calm down 1st before GEJ go by air.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by yunglykmine(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Keneking: Is Lokoja now in Ekiti?
I guess its was when he was returning to Abuja from Ekiti.. Along Lokoja-Abuja highway.

Keneking: So the convoy now moves with Axe?
Na wah 4u oO!! grin

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by yunglykmine(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Ha!! shocked O fe pa President wa!! GEJ can't go by Air for now ooO.. Our airspace is not safe for now. Since Madam Stella said "it was an act of God" let that "Act of God" calm down 1st before GEJ go by air.
LOL!! grin
Stella don suffer sha.
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Keneking: Ok. Governor Fashola started it now the rest are following. By the way, is it now safe to go by road from Ekiti to Abuja?

I don't understand.
No its the president's advance team that goes by road, the president always shuffles by air(plane or chopper) for inter state travel but by road for intra-city events,however the advance security team always goes by road days before the president visits a location and are always the last to leave after he has left, standard DSS protocol

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by LMAyedun(m): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
emk4lif:
No its the president's advance team that goes by road, the president always shuffles by air(plane or chopper) for inter state travel but by road for intra-city events,however the advance security team always goes by road days before the president visits a location and are always the last to leave after he has left, standard DSS protocol
You are very correct.
But u don work for Presidency before bah?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by yunglykmine(m): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
You are very correct.
But u don work for Presidency before bah?
LOL!! grin
He said it all with confidence.

GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by luvmijeje(f): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
They have even started shouting fresh air. As Nigerians are we not entitle to emergency services when needed? Are we not entitle to quality health care?What has this President done in the health sector?

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
luvmijeje: They have even started shouting fresh air. As Nigerians are we not entitle to emergency services when needed? Are we not entitle to quality health care?What has this President done in the health sector?

Go ask obj and tinubu that just travelled to treat simple knee injury in US.
Nonsense

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by luvmijeje(f): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize:

Go ask obj and tinubu that just travelled to treat simple knee injury in US.
Nonsense
I casted my first vote for this clueless President so he must tell us what he did with our money.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by sayitout1: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Why is this post taking dis long to make front page if not 4 sentiment.

See what sentiment can do; people find it hard to appreciate 4 once what GEJ has done here.

Remember he has a chioce to stop & help or just find their way around & leave without stopping to help the victims. Its his choice to make.

Haters I'm waying 4 d insults/comments.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by yunglykmine(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
sayit_out1: Why is this post taking dis long to make front page if not 4 sentiment.

See what sentiment can do; people find it hard to appreciate 4 once what GEJ has done here.

Remember he has a chioce to stop & help or just find their way around & leave without stopping to help the victims. Its his choice to make.

Haters I'm waying 4 d insults/comments.
I wonder why a thread like this won't hit FP fast, fast.. I'm certain itz because itz all abt FreshAir..Mods, FP abeg.
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by talktimi(m): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
That biitch Stella Oduah always causing havoc everywhere. SHE MUST GO

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by rhemal: 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Keneking: So the convoy now moves with Axe?

Anything can happen.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by brighter: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kudos to Presido.
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by victorazy(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
J
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by lonelydora: 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Serious
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by jmoore(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
luvmijeje:
I casted my first vote for this clueless President so he must tell us what he did with our money.
You already called him clueless so no need to tell you what he did with your money.

BTW, which adjective can be used to describe one that intentionally voted for a person that she/he believes is clueless? smh

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Cool one mr Jonathan, u have my vote come 2015. Hope u can see this post and rescue me with a ministerial portfollio.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
FvCK DAT...sack oduah datzalllll
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by EverestPoint(m): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
That's a way of winning my heart. Gej for 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
Political stunt. My verdict: Staged

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by kingajibola(m): 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thank you Mr president!#GodBlessNigeria

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by imsuboi(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
luvmijeje: They have even started shouting fresh air. As Nigerians are we not entitle to emergency services when needed? Are we not entitle to quality health care?What has this President done in the health sector?
angry

don't mind those baboons angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
I think gej needs to give himself an award for this>>>lol...mschewww next
Re: Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wow his convoy brought GOODLUCK to them!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Pigeons: Opposition Parties Responsible — Segalink / Nigerians Prefer Imported Ladies To Made-in-nigeria Women - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.