Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! (1354 Views)

I Do Little Preaching And Do Many Miracles - Prophet Odumeje (Video) / Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Image123(m): 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
The confused witnesses. I wonder what they witnessed, kingdom hall tales.
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by achorladey: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
Image123:
The confused witnesses. I wonder what they witnessed, kingdom hall tales.

grin grin grin grin
At least the person they are battling with said this as captured in the image below, and due to that he will SURE get more than enough help

In his words as CAPTURED below.......

No sir. You are human and your well-being(Maximus69) is my concern. Though not for your own sake but for the sake of humanity, I wouldn't deny my omo iya life.

The other one was saying he was BUSY INSULTING.

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Jun 25, 2020
TATIME:
There are people you just ignore since their comments doesn't warrant any response.
Jesus sent his followers out to make disciples of people and to baptise them, if they don't know the disciples face to face how are they going to teach them by examples what Jesus commanded?
Jesus Christ never suggested that only face-2-face meetings of His disciples with those who they preached to was valid. Even He, Jesus, remotely healed the servant of the centurion. So, could God not reach a person, any person, remotely, even through the internet?
Before you respond, note that I happen to be one of those who God reached without necessarily sending anyone face-2-face to me. That story is for another day. But the point is, God is God all by Himself! He makes the rules, you and I are meant to follow them, not create rules more rules pretending we speak on behalf of God.
TATIME:
Are they also going to be baptized online?
What about my person? I was not baptized by anyone the day the Spirit of God showed up in my life october 2017 - He hasn't even hinted at wanting me to get a baptism done or anything of the sort.
Now know that I was baptized as a baby in a celestial church somewhere in Nigeria, and again about some 15 years ago at a church in Columbus, OH. Yeah, I lied my way into a local church's baptism event that night. The church people had wanted me to take weeks of classes before I could get to dip in their water and I was having none of that. You see, back then, my mum was on my neck about baptism, and I wanted to get it done for her sake - I was definitely not born again at the time, and I was not going to sit through weeks of churchy lies told in the name of God either.
I don't even remember seeing the face of the dude who dunked me in the water, and as soon as it was done, I was out of that church quicker than a fly. My plan was to make it home in time for my show on tv, and I made certain of that. grin

So obviously one of those baptisms was accepted by God. undecided
TATIME:
Baptism is the public declaration that helps believers identify themselves, so if you're not baptized in the presence of fellow believers how will they recommend you as a true Christian?
Why would I need anyone to recommend me to anyone else? What does the recommendation of mere men mean to me or to God? I don't get it? Isn't the point of Baptism the receipt of the very Spirit of God Himself, who then leads, directs, instructs, and teaches us every moment of the rest of our lives? undecided undecided
TATIME:
Please some just feel like talking so there is no need responding to them, it's like attending to every barking dog on your way to work, surely you'll never get to work in time!
Sure, to you, we just feel like talking, but this here leads me to believe that it is to people like you that God sends people like me. Probably to let you know that you don't get to tell His people how He, God, can or cannot do what He, God, wants to do. He is God. He makes the rules. You are meant to follow... Not to supervise Him, God!
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2020
hoopernikao:
Are you advocating for online pastoring and teaching without haven't a physical ministry on ground by the same person?
I am not one to advocate for anything. Jesus Christ's follower are being led by the Spirit of God to do that which Jesus Christ wants. If Jesus Christ commanded that we not remotely communicate His gospel to anyone, then what Jesus Christ says is what I advocate we do. Who are we to say no to the Almighty Everlasting God of Heaven and Earth?

Now we know that Jesus Christ, our Master, and Lord, never insisted that all preaching was to be done face-2-face. So why in the world is this even a thing worth debating?
hoopernikao:
And mind you. All Paul's letters are follow up letters on work that has been done earlier and still ongoing. They are likewise not written to strangers.
Paul's letter to the Romans was not a follow-up. It preceded his visit to Rome. Also, not everyone who read the actual letters that were sent by the apostles met the writers face-2-face.
I have read the letters written by the Apostles, and at least I have never seen any of their actual faces. Those letters preach to us to this day... yet we have never met them.
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 25, 2020
achorladey:

Lizzyangel: I'm a Christian who fellowship always,but congregation helping members depends on the status of such church...we ain't living in lekki or overseas where we can easily mingle with rich folks we are somewhere in Ore...nobody wishes to beg but I pray you don't encounter the problem that will make you loose your ego...more so, I prefer to beg here rather than going one on one with neighbors and church...I don't have the confidence to do such.

Achorladey: The message is clear enough as highlighted above. The person that post was meant for simply can't comprehend it. The fact he could say YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN SAYS IT ALL and should give you the mindset of the PERSONALITY you are dealing with.

25But I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a great famine throughout all the land; 26 but to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath, in the region of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow.

More on that account in 1Kings 17: 9,10. One will wonder why a GENTILE will be used to take care of GOD'S PROPHET. The prophet even had to go the the land of GENTILE as directed by GOD.

Thanks very much for the quote,I decided not to reply him/her as soon as I discovered where he/she was driving at to avoid further arguments...he was repeating "You're not a Christian" and also trying to exalt Jehovah witness church than other congregations...I just decided to shush ,I don't have the strength I'm online majorly to check updates on Doctors upcoming strike, they're just scaring us with the strike Pa lava here, I can't afford to go back home same way I came nor visit a private hospital cos of the expenses...I pray they don't go on strike
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Barristter07: 5:20am On Jun 25, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Of course, Father is different from the Son, likewise the Holy Spirit. But this doesn't mean Jesus is not part of the office called God. There just liked hierarchy in it.

As for preaching, do you expect everyone to beat their chest like you? Moreover, do you think it's the gospel of Jesus you guys are preaching? Where is it stated that Jesus was an angel? Even the commission Jesus gave, you guys aren't doing it the way he said it.

Mathew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

As seen above, Jesus said we should do two things: Go and teach all Nations and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and of the Holy Spirit. You guys haven't even done the first one totally, yet you are boasting. Have you gone to Saudi Arabia, Syria, Afghanistan etc? Yet we have missionaries in those harsh places.

Secondly, Jesus said we should baptize those we get saved in the name of the Father, the So and of the Holy Spirit. To show that it is not what Jesus Christ sent us you guys are doing, when you baptize, why do t you mention the name of the Father, the son and of the Holy Spirit? You can't because you do not believe Jesus has the authority to be mentioned alongside his Father because you deny the Trinity. So clearly, it is not Jesus work you are doing well g but your own work of blinding people from seeing the truth. Yet you boast about it as if it is actually the work Jesus gave you are doing.

I'm done arguing with a false witness and a GB puppet

Apart from the fact that your claims have no ground. The blunder at Highlighted is what I want to address :

At 2:52am , September 29, 2018 , You made this post

aLBHAGDADI

Though all the good angels are angels of God, or angels of the Lord, there is one special angel who is distinct and unique from all the other angels, he is called the "angel of the LORD."

This angel you admitted is Jesus , Question for you : If Jesus is a special angel according to you, What right do you have to make the careless statement highlighted in your post ?

1 Like

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Barristter07: 5:26am On Jun 25, 2020
Lizzyangel:
I don't want to reply you on folykaze's post so as not to derail the thread.

I'm a Christian who fellowship always,but congregation helping members depends on the status of such church...we ain't living in lekki or overseas where we can easily mingle with rich folks we are somewhere in Ore...nobody wishes to beg but I pray you don't encounter the problem that will make you loose your ego...more so, I prefer to beg here rather than going one on one with neighbors and church...I don't have the confidence to do such.

Thanks for your comment all the way...I'm a Christian,I believe there is nothing impossible for God, kindly add my family to your prayer request and I pray he answers every of our request through Christ our Lord.Amen

Sorry about your present ordeals , I pray God give you strength to wither the storm. Its not an easy situation to be in. Good Morning, @Bold , Surely .

1 Like

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 25, 2020
Barristter07:

Sorry about your present ordeals , I pray God give you strength to wither the storm. Its not an easy situation to be in. Good Morning, @Bold , Surely .

Amen in Jesus name.
Thanks dearie
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by hoopernikao: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am not one to advocate for anything. Jesus Christ's follower are being led by the Spirit of God to do that which Jesus Christ wants. If Jesus Christ commanded that we not remotely communicate His gospel to anyone, then what Jesus Christ says is what I advocate we do. Who are we to say no to the Almighty Everlasting God of Heaven and Earth?

Now we know that Jesus Christ, our Master, and Lord, never insisted that all preaching was to be done face-2-face. So why in the world is this even a thing worth debating?
Paul's letter to the Romans was not a follow-up. It preceded his visit to Rome. Also, not everyone who read the actual letters that were sent by the apostles met the writers face-2-face.
I have read the letters written by the Apostles, and at least I have never seen any of their actual faces. Those letters preach to us to this day... yet we have never met them.

You will need to start reading patiently when a post is made. I have told you earlier, trying to make a distinction especially when it has no basis is a dangerous path.

Secondly. State in clear terms, that I may know you and your conviction.

Can a minister be an online minister without having a physical ministry work to point to. Should a minister be a perpetual e-discipler without a taking physical ministry seriously.

That is what the OP approached. Hence approach that.
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by hoopernikao: 8:29am On Jun 25, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Secondly, I have noticed how you have been reading Paul's letter or intent wrongly. You will need to properly study and understand the church work established in the scriptures.

Your queries aren't reflective of even Christ teachings. I once told you about importance of understanding language and grammar but you said it isn't necessary. But note this will always affect your view and understanding of the scriptures.

For example: All you write up there simply show that you don't actually understand what a disciple is. When Jesus said "make disciples of all nations".

The fact use of the word disciple in Greek should inform you that it requires learning by precept and by examples. A disciple must see and do.

Paul wrote in many of his letters about such examples.

Phil 4:9
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

To learn, received, heard, seen do same. That is discipleship.

2 Timothy 3:14
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

The word learn is not book or read, it means to learn by USE and PRACTICE. It is seen in you. How is it seen? online? No. It is seen in your conduct, to the end that it shows up the good works (not online)

Vs 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Good works are to be seen, not typed.

Vs 16 used the word "instruct". It is the word for education. Just the way you will nurture a child. I am sure you don't breast milk online, do you?

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

The word follower is the word mimites like what we have as mimic.

It means to copy all I do. It is a word use for robot. To follow exact example. Notice he said follow me, he didn't say follow Christ like you always say grin.

Why did he say that? Because he is the good example they see. Hence following such examples will mean following Christ.

Good examples arent to be typed online. They are to be seen, observed and copied, presence known.

1 Timothy 4:12
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Example in words, conversation, love, spirit, faith, purity.

Those examples must be seen not typed Sir.

You read Paul's letters today because there were eye witnesses attesting to his examples. Those who met and saw him never wrote bad about his examples, the apostles commended him. He wrote about his good examples too. So you not meeting him but follow him is premised on such testimony.

His testimony was not hidden behind keyboards or giving by online warriors but men on ground who related with him physically.

Lastly, note, any spirit that leads, speaks or acts contrary to this is not the spirit of God, and don't forget there are many spirits these days. We may not know how close one is grin
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 25, 2020
There is just one single group that belongs to Jesus, Jesus himself called this group a "tree", he also emphasized that so many trees may appear just like his own but none of those other trees will be able to produce the desired fruit! Matthew 7:15-20
Each tree with it's own fruit, Apostle Paul also said the tree belonging to Jesus had many GIFTS {Ephesians 4:11} but just one FRUIT! Galatians 5:22-23
In his letter to the Christians in Galatia Paul explained that the FRUIT (not fruits) of God's holy spirit has 9 qualities, so you must taste it before you can feel those qualities!
Though other trees (religions) may have similar GIFTS when some amongst their members will be serving as Apostles, prophets, preachers and teachers. There is no religion that doesn't have something similar to this but what will help an honest hearted observer to IDENTIFY Jesus' tree?

"FRUIT" Matthew 7:20

Various trees may have similar GIFTS like tick branches and roots, big leave that's bushy so people can hide under such trees during the scourging heat from the sun, but each tree will have it's unique FRUIT!

This GIFTS in different religions are similar when you find nice individuals, fine singers, actors and actresses, huge edifices, organized system of worship and kind gesture like charitable donations for poor people.

When we consider this, then no religion will be viewed as the Truth, arguments to unravel the blemish in any of these religions will become futile. That's why you will hear some people saying "even a Babalawo will make heaven!"

The problem such individuals have is how to distinguish between GIFTS and FRUIT of God's holy spirit, Jesus and Paul never said the GIFTS of pure worship will not be found elsewhere, but they were both emphatic on the significance of the FRUIT that can't be found elsewhere except in the tree planted by God himself! John 15:1 smiley

1 Like

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 25, 2020
Maximus69:
There is just one single group that belongs to Jesus, Jesus himself called this group a "tree", he also emphasized that so many trees may appear just like his own but none of those other trees will be able to produce the desired fruit! Matthew 7:15-20
Each tree with it's own fruit, Apostle Paul also said the tree belonging to Jesus had many GIFTS {Ephesians 4:11} but just one FRUIT! Galatians 5:22-23
In his letter to the Christians in Galatia Paul explained that the FRUIT (not fruits) of God's holy spirit has 9 qualities, so you must taste it before you can feel those qualities!
Though other trees (religions) may have similar GIFTS when some amongst their members will be serving as Apostles, prophets, preachers and teachers. There is no religion that doesn't have something similar to this but what will help an honest hearted observer to IDENTIFY Jesus' tree?

"FRUIT" Matthew 7:20

Various trees may have similar GIFTS like tick branches and roots, big leave that's bushy so people can hide under such trees during the scourging heat from the sun, but each tree will have it's unique FRUIT!

This GIFTS in different religions are similar when you find nice individuals, fine singers, actors and actresses, huge edifices, organized system of worship and kind gesture like charitable donations for poor people.

When we consider this, then no religion will be viewed as the Truth, arguments to unravel the blemish in any of these religions will become futile. That's why you will hear some people saying "even a Babalawo will make heaven!"

The problem such individuals have is how to distinguish between GIFTS and FRUIT of God's holy spirit, Jesus and Paul never said the GIFTS of pure worship will not be found elsewhere, but they were both emphatic on the significance of the FRUIT that can't be found elsewhere except in the tree planted by God himself! John 15:1 smiley

I have heard many people utter the highlighted countless times, surely they don't know the difference between GIFTS and FRUIT of God's holy spirit!

Thanks Maximus! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 25, 2020
TATIME:

I have heard many people utter the highlighted countless times, surely they don't know the difference between GIFTS and FRUIT of God's holy spirit!

Thanks Maximus! smiley smiley smiley

Good morning Sir!

See the breaking news that's been making our brothers and sisters singing praises to Jehovah since Yesterday!

Our brother Dennis Christensen has been granted bail, now he can come back home to his spiritual family!

Song 61

Forward You Witnesses!

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by hoopernikao: 9:25am On Jun 25, 2020
TATIME:

There are people you just ignore since their comments doesn't warrant any response.
Jesus sent his followers out to make disciples of people and to baptise them, if they don't know the disciples face to face how are they going to teach them by examples what Jesus commanded? Are they also going to be baptized online?
Baptism is the public declaration that helps believers identify themselves, so if you're not baptized in the presence of fellow believers how will they recommend you as a true Christian?
Please some just feel like talking so there is no need responding to them, it's like attending to every barking dog on your way to work, surely you'll never get to work in time!

True.
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Jul 01, 2020
hoopernikao:
You will need to start reading patiently when a post is made. I have told you earlier, trying to make a distinction especially when it has no basis is a dangerous path.
Secondly. State in clear terms, that I may know you and your conviction.
Can a minister be an online minister without having a physical ministry work to point to. Should a minister be a perpetual e-discipler without a taking physical ministry seriously.
That is what the OP approached. Hence approach that.
Kobojunkie:
I am not one to advocate for anything. Jesus Christ's followers are led by the Spirit of God to do what Jesus Christ wants. If Jesus Christ commanded that we not remotely communicate His gospel to anyone, then what Jesus Christ says is what I advocate we do. Who are we to say no to the Almighty Everlasting God of Heaven and Earth?

Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Jul 01, 2020
hoopernikao:
Secondly, I have noticed how you have been reading Paul's letter or intent wrongly. You will need to properly study and understand the church work established in the scriptures.
Next time you "notice" any of such wrong intents, be sure to comment at that point so I know what it is you are complaining here about.
hoopernikao:
Your queries aren't reflective of even Christ teachings. I once told you about importance of understanding language and grammar but you said it isn't necessary. But note this will always affect your view and understanding of the scriptures.

For example: All you write up there simply show that you don't actually understand what a disciple is. When Jesus said "make disciples of all nations".

The fact use of the word disciple in Greek should inform you that it requires learning by precept and by examples. A disciple must see and do.

Paul wrote in many of his letters about such examples.
What queries?
I recall telling you on some other thread that I am not a Bible scholar so you should resist every urge to try to school me on your methods and ways of studying your bible.
I don't care about what was written in Greek. What I care about is what has been revealed in the language I read and comprehend it all in.
hoopernikao:
You read Paul's letters today because there were eye witnesses attesting to his examples. Those who met and saw him never wrote bad about his examples, the apostles commended him. He wrote about his good examples too. So you not meeting him but follow him is premised on such testimony.
Well, I don't like to read of the opinions of those who met Paul, as that matters little to me. What matters is the Truth that is contained in the messages as they fit with the truth of God, simple!
hoopernikao:
His testimony was not hidden behind keyboards or giving by online warriors but men on ground who related with him physically.
Lastly, note, any spirit that leads, speaks or acts contrary to this is not the spirit of God, and don't forget there are many spirits these days. We may not know how close one is grin
Well, given that the internet was not available during his time, that makes sense but that does not mean those who are behind keyboards and the internet today should shut up simply because someone somewhere, also hidden behind keyboards and the internet has a problem with that.
It should all be according to what the Lord specifies, not what some man somewhere picks an issue with, or doesn't
Re: Preaching And Teaching For Christ, Not On Social Media! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
God bless you jare
Hiding behind a podium? Was Paul, and the other disciples hiding behind their letters when they sent them out to the many churches, reaching many who now believe that never met them?

Jesus Christ never set such requirements for His apostles. Why do you now think it your place to do so?
I don't believe Satan necessarily hides his identity when pushing his deceipt. The Bible says he appeared to Jesus Christ to tempt Him,Jesus. Sure, Jesus Christ, through His Spirit leads us to reach people face to face, when that is necessary. But nothing stops the same Spirit of God from leading us to respond to posts on web forums, chat rooms either. Jesus Christ never set a restriction as far as the medium by which we can reach those He wants for us to preach His word to, so where the Spirit leads, we ought to follow. ;

Did you have to see Paul's face to believe his testimony that he was an apostle of Jesus Christ? Have you seen the face of any of the disciples who you read

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kindly Converge Here For A Noble Cause: Thread Mission Accomplished! / Scientific Discoveries In The Bible / Is Sunday Sacred And Holy? Candid Confessions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.