Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools (22299 Views)

Imo Youths Turn Out En Masse To Get Thier PVC (Photos, Video) / Enugu Youths Turn Out En Masse To Collect Their PVC (Photos, Video) / Youths Turn The Oshodi-apapa Expressway By Cele Bus Stop To Football Pitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by afroxyz: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Fist of all turn your office into a youth empowerment tool. Fool!
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 23, 2018
Good Idea!

Our schools should teach people how to create jobs and become employers. Right now, they are teaching students how to graduate and look for a job. A job that some "Alhaji Chief Senator Igwe Doctor Oba Chairman Pastor Honoroable God Usman Okechukwu Ogunbolaji" created. Duh!

There are no jobs in the country, precisely, because no one is creating them. Jobs do not fall from heaven. It is individuals, entrepreneurs, risk-takers that create jobs. Any Nigerian can be a business owner and job creator if they stop being lazy (like Buhari said).

The fastest "yahoo-yahoo-ritual-killings-plus" to riches is to start a business that solves local problems, not some some fancy idea you see on the internet.

The rule for what business to start is " if you are would not buy hat you intend to sell, no other person will buy it also." When last did you buy a laptop or shirt? And when last did you buy food or garri or toothpaste? Answering this question without sentiments gives you an idea what would sell.

Going forward, every school and every degree program In Nigeria should include the following courses into their curriculums:
1.) "Introduction to Business and Enterpreneurship" and
2.)"Corruption, Bad Governance, Under-Development, and High Crime Rate"

Saraki and his National Assembly should go ahead and enact a Law that forces schools to offer courses that address these issues.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by diliekene: 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Yahoo Boiz will like this news...

I dedicate this FTC to every young blood out there hustling legit and not involved in any crime. It ain’t easy for us in this shithole but still we grinding and ballin.

#MyPVCisMyPower2019
Bruh you the man
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Troublemaker007(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
diliekene:
Bruh you the man

Naaaaa, you the man smiley

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by GistFullGround: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
Not Yahoo-Yahoo!
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Yankee101: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
Stop stealing our money too
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
fairfora:
This has got nothing to do with yahoo boiz. Those involved in the scam are only wasting their time. I make 3m naira monthly, legitimately using my mobile phone. My mobile phone is my ISP,mobile office,mini computer, also serves as client contact base. Home or abroad, I am always online. The same phone some peeps bought to do selfie and showoffs is what does the aforementioned for me. The question is, what purpose does your mobile phone serve?
Lai Muhammed
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
Yarnvibes:
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday called on the nation’s youths to venture into entrepreneurship through their cell-phones as a way of self-employment and creating job opportunities for others.

Saraki gave the charge while delivering the Fourth Convocation Lecture of the Adeleke University, Ede in the State of Osun, on Sunday.

In his paper with the title, “National Economic Development Through Entrepreneurship: The Role of Private Universities in Nigeria,” Saraki said it has become imperative for youths not to see their phones as fashion accessories alone, but potent platforms to launch themselves into entrepreneurship and gainful self-employment.

Saraki said: “To the graduating students, I will say that it is perhaps true that Nigerian youths are not currently maximising the potential that social media has for stimulating entrepreneurship in many areas, including those that were unheard of just a few years ago.

“I would like to see more young Nigerians put what they learned in the university to impactful use by leveraging on the social media’s abundant opportunity for business ventures.

“Entrepreneurship starts with a mindset; form networks, begin to see your phone as a business tool and not just a fashion accessory; get tutorials for starting new businesses or to ginger new business ideas.

“There is no reason why any of today’s graduating students cannot become a Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter, net worth $5 billion – or Brian Chesky, a co-founder of Air BnB. Michelle Phan of the cosmetic business Ipsy is now worth $300 million – not bad for someone who first started by uploading her videos on YouTube,” he declared.

He stated that due to its belief that entrepreneurship is crucial to the success of the economy, the National Assembly has since prioritised the passage of landmark economic laws to enable Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to grow.

He urged private universities to rise to the challenge of promoting private enterprises by ensuring that entrepreneurial skills are taught across various disciplines.

He said: “The education ethos ought to move away from the over-emphasis on theory-based approach and paper certification towards inculcating practical skills that support apprenticeship and boost innovation and industry.

“This is the place of Vocational and Technical education which provides that the youth imbibe practical skills that will not only make them employable but will also help the country to build an army of job providers,” he said.

The President of the Senate also charged the graduates to be good ambassadors for their alma mater – Adeleke University – and good economic ambassadors for their generation and for this country.

“Endeavour always to be a credit to yourselves, to your families, your communities, and your country. The motto of this university is ‘Education, Excellence and Character’ – I encourage you to be exemplars of this motto. Be lifelong students, live the knowledge culture; an individual that never ceases to learn, never ceases to grow,” he stated.

http://kikiotolu.com/saraki-to-nigerian-youths-turn-your-cellphones-into-business-tools/

idiot.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by newoffer: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Yahoo Boiz will like this news...

I dedicate this FTC to every young blood out there hustling legit and not involved in any crime. It ain’t easy for us in this shithole but still we grinding and ballin.

#MyPVCisMyPower2019

Oya ooo. Make una buy my idea ...

Get a world class Resume (CV) at a cheap rate. Let's package you the way your employer will love to read about you in a minute.

Our passion is to help you get your dream job.

chat on WhatsApp 080-2638-1777
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by CloudResident(m): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
Sorry is it the ones you distributed in the run up to your governorship elections when you siphoned money from SGBN thereby wrecking thousands of people?

You are a codeine addict undecided
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Rockwood(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
This is a wonderful speech i must say. Sounds more like an advice
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by perlemo(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
this crab enacts and promulgates laws that never ameliorate or liberate the downtrodden. no be you go tell me wetin I go use my cellphone do, bro! BUNKUN IYA SARAKI
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Felixv: 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2018
what he should be talking about is investing in quality education --improving the welfare of the lectures and professors so they help produce the type of graduates that can help move the country forward.

it's a big shame that a senator would be earning more that a professor of more that 10 years experience.

the mobile device is a client mostly, while the applications are normally built on a backend ,which are then hosted on servers that have the horse power to support multiple concurrent users.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by abodundef: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
That is the way to go.
For your customized exercise books and tshirts at affordable price 08023332733
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by bishopsele84: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
yahoo ti take over,if you know you know
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
wristbangle:
It's a pity the lawmakers in this country are not proactive nor have brought initiatives to the table before.

Which initiative
We're talking loot ua talking initiative
Who initiative epp

A country with great and immense intellects being ruled by illiterates ( both educated and non educated ones). Smh.
if you're failing you have zero intellect And are politically illiterate ruled by political intellectuals

Good carpenter doesn't mean good mechanic
Professor no be politician

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Crisis: President Buhari In Closed Door Meeting With Amosun / Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education / NASS: Presiding Officers Residences Uncompleted (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.