Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs (10268 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2007
na lie ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by 4Play(m): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
Na hell fire you dey head to  grin

When I dey school for Naija,na Pastor wey dey sell the weed .The guy was a real Pastor grin
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2007
wonders shall never cease!!
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by sisimose(f): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2007
why do u want to know if anyone has a problem with you being born again and a spliff head?

since when did anyone become answerable to another? your belief is personal so dont invite criticism from people who are not[b] perfect[/b].

what does your conscience and your doctrine say about this is what you should explore instead of asking people what they feel about it. i can't judge you because i have done and still do things that are not so christ like.

i can advise you from an unbiased point of view, and say to you '' weed is wack, it does nothing for you mentally '' so from a medical perspective, you doing damage to your brain. END OF STORY
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by ishmael(m): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2007
pally there is nothing wrong with smoking weed; as a born-again christian all you need to do is to becareful so that you don't over smoke one day and start mis-interpreting the Bible. Stay blessed. Na Jah Rastafarai born-again you be grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2007
what kind?  cheesy
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by TayoD(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2007
@trin_girl,

what kind?

LOL! to the power of infinity!
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2007
I am no  hypocrite oh. As we say in Trini," is like this,I blaze it to get de mellow vibes"  grin

I've stopped now though, any type of smoking could do some damage to your insides.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2007
TayoD, confess now, don't tell me u never try some ganja in ur life. Im sure u have. grin
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by TayoD(m): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2007
@trini_girl,

TayoD, confess now, don't tell me u never try some ganja in your life. I'm sure u have.   

The only thing I've tried is a little wine (for my stomach's sake)  grin.  I don't know for what reason to give ganja a try since my head is very clear as it is.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by busygirl(f): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2007
Babaearly, it's such a pity dt u smoke weed yet u're born again, maybe u shud nt say born again, u're BORN AGAINST coz 4rm d very first day u started weeding, u grieved d holy spirit nd he az left u. wen u repent nd stop he'll come back.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2007
busygirl:

Babaearly, it's such a pity dt u smoke weed yet u're born again, maybe u should nt say born again, u're BORN AGAINST because from d very first day u started weeding, u grieved d holy spirit nd he az left u. when u repent nd stop he'll come back.

busygirl,

so you are now judge and saviour of babaearly. haba. you people. who are you to say that the gentleman is not born again, and how dare you say the holy spirit has left him. What rubbish! And please tell me exactly what qualifies "grieving the holy spirit". Get a clue and grow up! Stop this judgemental nonsense! It is not the nature of christ.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2007
TayoD:

@trini_girl,

The only thing I've tried is a little wine (for my stomach's sake) grin. I don't know for what reason to give ganja a try since my head is very clear as it is.

For your stomach's sake. lol! You sound so British. Are you sure you're Nigerian? tongue

Well I guess it's a Caribbean thing then.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by jagunlabi(m): 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2007
My guy,as a "born again",you can burn ya weed again and again,ojare!No qualms.Weed helps speed up your ascension to heaven,gba be! wink
babaearly:

I need to know if anyone has a problem with me being a born again christian and still smoke weed! comments?
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2007
sisimose:

why do u want to know if anyone has a problem with you being born again and a spliff head?

what's a "spliff head"?

sisimose:

since when did anyone become answerable to another? your belief is personal so don't invite criticism from people who are not[b] perfect[/b].

Um, since James 5:16? "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. "

If he considers it a sin then it's good that he's confessing to his "brethren".  Although Im sure he only posted this for the attention.   wink

sisimose:

i can advise you from an unbiased point of view, and say to you '' weed is wack, it does nothing for you mentally '' so from a medical perspective, you doing damage to your brain. END OF STORY
WRONG! Cannabis has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries.

Fact: Medicinal marijuana alleviates the chronic symptoms of many diseases such as Fibromyalgia, spasticity from multiple sclerosis, depression, chronic pain, and nausea associated with chemotherapy.

The conspiracy not to make it legal continues, however its medicinal benefits cannot be denied and in fact has recently gained momentum in terms of confirmation.  Do your own research as see for yourself dear.  The problem is the abuse of it, and the overuse of it for euphoric purposes.  Marijuana is neither addictive nor "wack" as you so eloquently put it.

Don't believe that media rubbish about it affecting mental health.  On campus many of my colleagues smoked the cannabis and it helped them focus.  I know of people who've smoked it into old age and they are fine.

However, nothing should be abused.

http://bbsnews.net/bw2003-03-03a.html
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by sisimose(f): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
i refuse to debate whether weed is medicinal or not, i refuse, those who know the effect know, those who like it , well ROLL ON grin
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 28, 2007
I have been shocked in nairaland several times.
The same lady who quotes scriptures and is a Christian first of all sees nothing with sleeping with a man she's not married to,now she tells us weed is good for her medicinally.
God have mercy!!.

MY dear pray that the sickness that only weed can "cure" shall not come to your doorsteps.
Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost and we shall give account what we did with it.
@ the poster if indeed you are living for Christ,the Holy Spirit in you will tell you that such things are un becoming,bad habits are hard to break but not impossible to those that believe but as long as you justify it,God can't force his will on you.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by stimulus(m): 12:43am On Mar 28, 2007
You know, we really don't need some weblink for "proof" of the medicinal value of weed - especially of the green, raw and wet ones!

There are lots of people who roam our streets (from 42nd Street, Manhattan, NY to Idumota, Lagos) who are living "proof" of this medicinal value - they have been cured of their sanity! And society has no problem with that!!

Infact, here's a recommendation: smoke the wet weed - there's "speed" in that brand; and the next we know is that another Reverend King will be on the loose!!
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 28, 2007
Cocaine and Heroine all have medicinal uses too,don't they?
Infact cocaine was used for decades as dental anesthesia and the coca leaves are used by herbalists.

Just because weed is a plant does not make it a vegetable people!
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 1:03am On Mar 28, 2007
babyosisi:

I have been shocked in nairaland several times.
The same lady who quotes scriptures and is a Christian first of all sees nothing with sleeping with a man she's not married to,now she tells us weed is good for her medicinally.
God have mercy!!.

MY dear pray that the sickness that only weed can "cure" shall not come to your doorsteps.
Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost and we shall give account what we did with it.
@ the poster if indeed you are living for Christ,the Holy Spirit in you will tell you that such things are un becoming,bad habits are hard to break but not impossible to those that believe but as long as you justify it,God can't force his will on you.

How long have you been keeping that one on your chest?

Have mercy on you! Because if you do a simple thing like Google the medicinal properties of marijuana and get off the moral high horse you'll see what I'm saying is fact.

You would also have seen that the use of it is not smoking it from a chalice for euphoric purposes, but using in other forms in controlled amounts ie pills etc.

I'm so sick of people judging others for their opinion.  Especially married women who all of a sudden think they're saints.  Imagine on this thread you have the gall to imply that I'm a fornicator because I hold the opinion that according to the bible's definition of fornication, sex with your partner before marriage is not a sin.  So far NO ONE has been able to prove anything different.  Only cast aspersions and foolish judgements.  No wonder people are turned off of christianity when people like you think they're better because they follow what their interpretation of the Bible is.

At least I am not a hypocrite.  We are all works in progress  as we submit to the potter's hands.

This is the same reason people are so shocked when pastors are found sleeping with members, laundering cash and having extra marital affairs.  This foolish expectation that christians are perfect and blameless.  Nonsense.  They sin in secret.  I on the other hand have nothing to hide.  I used to smoke weed.  So what.  If I had a partner, which I don't at the moment, I would have no problem being intimate with him (after a while) if we love each other and we're in a committed relationship.  Period. If I am wrong God will work on changing me as I continue to submit to HIS spirit, and NOT what PEOPLE SAY Christianity is supposed to be.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 28, 2007
This guy mentioned nothing of medicinal purpose,advice him on recreational weed smoking and if you can't let others do.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 1:09am On Mar 28, 2007
babyosisi:

Cocaine and Heroine all have medicinal uses too,don't they?
Infact cocaine was used for decades as dental anesthesia and the coca leaves are used by herbalists.

Just because weed is a plant does not make it a vegetable people!

Not was my dear, not was, IS.  (see Cocaine or Lidocaine) How hard is it to do some research or read a book! All herbs come from God.  It not the use of it that's bad, it's the ABUSE of it that causes problems.   Cannabis is not a plant, it's a HERB. And I dont see anyone here saying that it should be used as one of the food groups.

Get a clue.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 1:11am On Mar 28, 2007
babyosisi:

This guy mentioned nothing of medicinal purpose,advice him on recreational weed smoking and if you can't let others do.

"This guy" doesn't even smoke weed. He's just an instigator. He raises threads for a response. He's not serious.
He needs no "advice"
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 28, 2007
trini_girl:

Not was my dear, not was, IS.  (see Cocaine or Lidocaine) How hard is it to do some research or read a book! All herbs come from God.  It not the use of it that's bad, it's the ABUSE of it that causes problems.   Cannabis is not a plant, it's a HERB. And I don't see anyone here saying that it should be used as one of the food groups.

Get a clue.

Honey,you happen to be talking in my area of specialty,thank you very much.I have read enough books,more than you can ever imagine and believe me they were not via google.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by OmoEko1(f): 1:12am On Mar 28, 2007
@the topic

Keep smoking your trees cheesy cheesy

[b]Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.[/b]

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 1:19am On Mar 28, 2007
babyosisi:

Honey,you happen to be talking in my area of specialty,thank you very much.I have read enough books,more than you can ever imagine and believe me they were not via google.

Well "honey" IF that's true, it says a lot about your ability to understand and your intellect, judging by the level of ignorance you're displaying in your contributions.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by WesleyanA(f): 1:21am On Mar 28, 2007
stimulus:

You know, we really don't need some weblink for "proof" of the medicinal value of weed - especially of the green, raw and wet ones!

There are lots of people who roam our streets (from 42nd Street, Manhattan, NY to Idumota, Lagos) who are living "proof" of this medicinal value - they have been cured of their sanity! And society has no problem with that!!

Infact, here's a recommendation: smoke the wet weed - there's "speed" in that brand; and the next we know is that another Reverend King will be on the loose!!

LMAO. . . .cheesy
Trini, do you have a reply to this post?
Lol
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 28, 2007
arguing with a certified medical doctor in Mamaosisi is not a very wise idea. cheesy
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 28, 2007
trini_girl:

Well "honey" IF that's true, it says a lot about your ability to understand and your intellect, judging by the level of ignorance you're displaying in your contributions.

what else can I say?
Typical!!
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 28, 2007
keep on smoking!!
you may receive the cure as cited by stimulus grin grin grin
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by trinigirl1(f): 1:32am On Mar 28, 2007
babyosisi:

what else can I say?
Typical!!

Love you too sisi! kiss

Well, I don't know what stimulus is talking about.  If wet weed is weed mixed with crack, it's not the pure herb.
We dont do that in Trini.
Re: I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs by cuteass1(f): 1:41am On Mar 28, 2007
well like sisimose said

who are we to judge you? and why would we have a problem with it if you don't?

its left for you and your conscience to settle if its ok or not?

nobody is perfect, we all have our faults so i guess the right thing to say is that its between you and your God wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Are You To Question God? / Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day / Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.