Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers (1304 Views)

2019: Meet The New Powerful ‘godfathers’ Who May Shape Elections / Tinubu Told To Withdraw Support For Oshiomhole To Avert APC Collapse / Oshiomhole To APC Reps: If You Want To Go To PDP, Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Antoeni(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2018
Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has reiterated that he is not losing sleep over the breakaway Reformed-APC faction.

The former Edo governor says he has defeated powerful godfathers, stressing that “I will not miss my sleep because a lot of these guys cannot on a good day deliver their unit”.

Oshiomhole said this in reaction to a statement by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that he is licking his vomit after his ‘no loss of sleep’ comment.

The PDP had said the APC chairman was making moves to woo the members of R-APC back into the ruling party.

But speaking on Monday after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, Oshiomhole said: “You have seen me. Do I look like I’m losing sleep?”

The former president of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) said he is willing to “negotiate and persuade” but does not deal with “permanent political mercenaries”.

Oshiomhole said: “No, I am not losing sleep. I am sleeping very well. I still maintain that I don’t see any man of honour, who with his eyes open left PDP on the account of their gross mismanagement, abuse of the treasury and all of the crime that the PDP committed, I don’t see them whatever their irritations.

“That cannot be a justification to return a house that all we need to do is to play back their own tape about what PDP represents and why they left.

“I still hold the view that you can’t vomit in the morning and convert it to lunch in the afternoon if you have honour. And that position still remains the same. Number two is that yes, I have made this point clear that we can distinguish the mercenaries from those who genuinely have complaints.

“Our business as party leaders is to try and manage, listen and find solutions to those who have verifiable complaintss. But those who are permanent mercenaries and are in this business for personal reasons, there is not much we can do about that and we are not going to change the core values of the party in order to retain them.

“So, let me reinstate, we remain committed and I have said so from the word go in my acceptance speech when I was elected that we acknowledge the fact that there are people with genuine complains. For such people, we are ready to listen.

We are ready to act on the basis of justice, fairness, no arrogance and inclusion. I remain committed to those.

“However, on principle, I do not deal with political mercenaries, that remains my position. I will not miss my sleep because a lot of these guys cannot on a good day deliver their unit. And we have the records that tell us who won elections and where.

And I am a tested fighter, I fought them in Edo from zero – zero and I overcame their most powerful godfathers. So, I know what I am talking about, I speak from experience and I will talk, negotiate and persuade but there are core principles that are not negotiable.”

https://www.thecable.ng/oshiomhole-pdp-ive-defeated-powerful-godfathers-look-like-im-losing-sleep

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by buharitill2023: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Osho baba retired thief anene,
You can see that thief anene is no more existing politically

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by LUGBE: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Big mouth , i don't blame you rather i blame Jonathan for given you opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by J4justice: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hmm.... this man wants to bit more than he can chew. He is trying to undermine the efforts of persons like Amaechi, el Rufia, & co. that brought this government into power. Someone should please remind him that he cannot do it all alone. That was the same statement the PDP made when the nPDP(now the R-APC) was pulling out from the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by J4justice: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
buharitill2023:
Osho baba retired thief anene,
You can see that thief anene is no more existing politically
So, ur Osho baba is now a saint, right?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Merimental(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
2019 is ur grand exam...action speaks louder Dan voice

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Paperwhite(m): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
Same Oshiomole that desperately went to woo Buba Galadima @ midnight
"Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall".
Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Angelparadise: 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
The aggressive styles of this self acclaimed pompous man will finally lead to end of APC incompetence.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Antoeni(m): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
But its the Fact
Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by hammer6F: 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2018
AS A PARTY CHAIRMAN, OSHIOMOLE CANNOT ACHIEVE ANYTHING.

AS EDO GOVERNOR, HE COULD NOT EVEN DELIVER HIS STATE TO BUHARI.

HE JUST WANT TO MAKE NOISE AND PROMOTE HIMSELF, AS HE DID DURING HIS UNION DAYS.

OSHIOMOLE IS A SELF CENTERED GLORY SEEKER.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by fykes(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
Well, who wants to fight such an ugly man? He has nothing to lose.
Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by famology(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
hammer6F:
AS A PARTY CHAIRMAN, OSHIOMOLE CANNOT ACHIEVE ANYTHING.

AS EDO GOVERNOR, HE COULD NOT EVEN DELIVER HIS STATE TO BUHARI.

HE JUST WANT TO MAKE NOISE AND PROMOTE HIMSELF, AS HE DID DURING HIS UNION DAYS.

OSHIOMOLE IS A SELF CENTERED GLORY SEEKER.

If you know how impossible it was to market buhari in the south during the 2015 election and compare what he gave buhari (208,000 to pdp's 286,000) to what buhari got in all of the SS/SE states you will know that the man really tried.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Xander85: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Paperwhite:

Exactly!

If he's sneaking out in the middle of the night to go beg R-APC members not to quit the party, then it stands to reason that he's losing sleep over the matter! Or am i missing something!? undecided
Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by thatigboman: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2018
LUGBE:
Big mouth , i don't blame you rather i blame Jonathan for given you opportunity.
just imagine the shame that happened in ekiti. Did it remotely happen during GEJ? Election for just one state and they the ruling government fumbled like hell. Even US election observer group said it was total sham.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by thatigboman: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
i love oshimole. Let the ugly monkey continue rambling and continue quaerelling with everybody within and without, and see how quickly PDP will grab the power back.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by crackhouse(m): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2018
This man have finally come to bury APC
Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by docadams: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
Oshiomole already altering the permutation of many. He caused the sudden autolysis of PDP in Edo State and as a consequence permanently retired Anenih, Ogbemudia, Bob Izua, Igbinedion family and their numerous footsoldiers.
He has his target which is the PDP and its puppet chairman Secondunce but there are squabbles within to be addressed first.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To PDP: I’ve Defeated Powerful Godfathers by Lerio(m): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
Oshiomhole wear ur gear.. This fight will send you to the minority in 2019

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo, NEC Set Up Committee To Decentralize Police Operation / German TV Accuses Buhari Of Repeating The Boko Haram Mistakes With The Shia / Minimum Wage: Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000, Says Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.