Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? (1245 Views)

Groom Kissing His 2 Brides: My First Time Seeing This type Of Romance / These Diseases Can Be Transmitted Through Kissing / 6 Diseases That Can Be Transmitted Through Kissing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by hfinest1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
Kissing has many benefits, be it a plain French kiss or a deep wet kiss. Although a plain French kiss is not very liable to cause any disease transmission, a wet kiss that involves contact of mouth to mouth, saliva exchange may cause tramission of many diseases due to the contact with sores in the mouth.
Bacteria borne diseases that are spread via kissing include:

1. Streptococcal Infection- This infection is caused by Group A streptococcus bacteria that are transmitted through direct contact with the discharge from nose or throat from an infected person. Kissing may expose you to these discharges and cause strep throat in you. If it is left untreated, it can complicate into pneumonia.

2. Meningococcal Disease- It is the infectious condition of membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It is a serious life-threatening disease caused by bacteria that can spread through direct contact or by droplets. Only deep kissing may trigger the meningococcal disease.

3. Gingivitis- Bacteria present in mouth or saliva can transmit gingivitis and periodontitis when exposed to infected person through kissing. Gingivitis is a disease of gum, which can turn into severe form (periodontitis) if not managed properly. Tooth decay can also induce infection to the gum and mouth through kissing.

Virus borne diseases that are transmitted via kissing include:

1. Common Cold- Infections of nose, mouth, and throat are called
common cold . It is mediated by different viruses. Anyone can be infected by common cold by exposure to droplets in the air or by direct contact with secretions of the infected persons. Kissing can be one of the easiest ways for the viruses to get into your body through saliva.

2. Kissing Disease- Kissing disease or mononucleosis is a virus-borne disease caused by Epstein-Barr virus. This disease represents symptoms similar to flu such as fever, sore throat, muscle weakness, and swelling of lymph glands, thereby also known as glandular disease. The mode of transmission of this disease is also one to one mouth contact through kissing.

3. German Measles and Mumps- Flu, German measles and mumps are caused by any respiratory virus. Kissing will definitely transmit these infections, sometimes before locking the lips via respiration. These diseases are contact diseases and extremely contagious.

4. Herpes - Herpes infection depends on the causative virus, it can be varicella-zoster and herpes simplex. Herpes simplex is marked by cold sore or fever blisters. Even a small smooch can infect your partner or children through direct contact with the virus. Herpes is communicable mainly during the shedding of the virus. This virus can infect you even after healing of the blisters.

5. Hepatitis B- Hepatitis B is transmitted by infected blood and saliva. Kissing can trigger the disease by transmission of the virus through saliva when the partner comes in contact with mucous membranes or open sores around the mouth of an infected person.

6. Cytomegalovirus Infection- This infection happens in immune deprived persons. Its common mode of transmission is saliva, blood, urine, semen and breast milk of infected person. So, kissing will definitely spread the infection.

7. HIV- The chances of getting infected with HIV virus through kissing are very low. The only chance of HIV infection is when one gets in contact with a cut sore in the mouth during open mouth kissing.

1 Like

Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
Mind who you kiss.
So you won't kiss your way to DEATH!
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by lilmax(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
HIV, AIDS, STD etc
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
na to Wear condom(dental dam)for mouth when kissing sure pass oo,
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by amaniro: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
Lol

thank God I don't KISS AND TELL grintonguecheesy
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by amaniro: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
Lol

Thank God I don't KISS AND TELL grintonguecheesy
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
Haaaa, and i love kissing ooo
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by deedy111: 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2018
THIS ONE NA KISS AND DIE
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by hfinest1(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
Biglittlelois:
really? you do?
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
hfinest1:
really? you do?

Yes i do grin
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by hfinest1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Yes i do grin
me too, I also do cheesy
and all these diseases can be avoided if u have just one kissing partner... that is, just one person you really 'kiss'... I dunno if you're thinking what I'm thinking �

1 Like

Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
hfinest1:
me too, I also do cheesy
and all these diseases can be avoided if u have just one kissing partner... that is, just one person you really 'kiss'... I dunno if you're thinking what I'm thinking �

cheesy hahahaha funny guy
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by yanabasee(m): 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
hfinest1:
me too, I also do cheesy

Perverted Toddler...
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by mimimile93: 1:42am On Jul 24, 2018
Kisstemia
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by Hector09(m): 2:31am On Jul 24, 2018
ThankGod i dont kiss i only hug
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:41am On Jul 24, 2018
So make we no kiss again abi. Op undecided undecided

Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Biglittlelois:
will u kiss me?
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by hfinest1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ahmedhussain3463:
will u kiss me?
oga leave my kissing partner for me o... she's already booked, she won't kiss you angry
Re: What Disease Could Be Transmitted Via Kissing? by hfinest1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
So make we no kiss again abi. Op undecided undecided
*choke* *glck!* guy, free my neck na :/ I did not say you should not kiss again na :/ ah! *kchk!* be kissing upandan if you want to kiss sad... I'm only warning you as a concerned *glhck!* e-brother on the dangers of kissing anyhow and chooking mouth from one mouth to another angry abeg free my neck

phew! ah! guy your hand strong o... I bin think say na for I go die for here sha ha cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Have Been Sleeping With My Blood Sister For Almost Five Years! I Need Advice / Important Things You Need To Know About Condoms. No 6 Will Wow You / Demi Rose Showcases Her Famous Curves In Sizzling Latex Harness Bikini (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.