Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) (38178 Views)

"We Are Too Much In UK Thats Why Light Went Off" Nigerian Man Says (video) / Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by baby124: 5:19am On Aug 05, 2018
Saintmary:

I understand your grievance. The truth is usually shocking.
Post your proof let me post mine. Ijebu’s and Ijesha’s were never used for sacrifice. That’s an absurd thing to say my dear. That one person used her slaves for her own evil means during a civil war does not mean 2 subgroups were used by all Yoruba’s for sacrifices and slavery. Correct your false statement and stop saying rubbish.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 5:23am On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

I just don't like it when Africans make excuses for other races. It's not acceptable. That is simply white supremacist. SINCE WHEN ARE YOU A SPEAKER FOR WHITE OR ARAB PEOPLE.

My focus here is on what Arabs and White people massively did to Africans in millions. Africans never enslaved any other race in millions. Please stop it white apologist.

Yes some tribes, not all tribes used to keep slaves after defeating other tribes. Some kept slaves as some kind of a trophy. Some kept them to only force their tribal Kings to comply. That cannot be denied.

But NOWHERE IN HISTORY HAS AFRICAN AS A COLLECTIVE EVER ENSLAVED OTHER RACES, MAY IT BE FOR LABOURER REASONS OR SEXUAL ABUSE OR JUST KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY WERE OF ANOTHER RACE. NOWHERE DID AFRICANS COMIT SUCH A HEINOUS CRIME IN THAT MAGNITUDE.

You cannot justify White and Arab colonialism and use wars against each other to defend their hatred for black people.
It's j
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 5:31am On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

I just don't like it when Africans make excuses for other races. It's not acceptable. That is simply white supremacist. SINCE WHEN ARE YOU A SPEAKER FOR WHITE OR ARAB PEOPLE.

My focus here is on what Arabs and White people massively did to Africans in millions. Africans never enslaved any other race in millions. Please stop it white apologist.

Yes some tribes, not all tribes used to keep slaves after defeating other tribes. Some kept slaves as some kind of a trophy. Some kept them to only force their tribal Kings to comply. That cannot be denied.

But NOWHERE IN HISTORY HAS AFRICAN AS A COLLECTIVE EVER ENSLAVED OTHER RACES, MAY IT BE FOR LABOURER REASONS OR SEXUAL ABUSE OR JUST KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY WERE OF ANOTHER RACE. NOWHERE DID AFRICANS COMIT SUCH A HEINOUS CRIME IN THAT MAGNITUDE.

You cannot justify White and Arab colonialism and use wars against each other to defend their hatred for black people.
It's obvious you are angry, angry people find it hard to make sense

1 Like

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 5:36am On Aug 05, 2018
baby124:

Post your proof let me post mine. Ijebu’s and Ijesha’s were never used for sacrifice. That’s an absurd thing to say my dear. That one person used her slaves for her own evil means during a civil war does not mean 2 subgroups were used by all Yoruba’s for sacrifices and slavery. Correct your false statement and stop saying rubbish.
I'm not your dear. Read up Reverend Samuel Johnson's History of the Yoruba People, then let's talk.

1 Like

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Sterope(f): 6:52am On Aug 05, 2018
Well, the term modern day slavery is much broader than that. When your freedom is restricted, your travelling document's are seized, you are constantly under the threat of violence etc. YOU ARE A MODERN DAY SLAVE.

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/modern-slavery/

http://gvnet.com/humantrafficking/Kuwait.htm

So, do you like have a crush on her? undecided Because I really don't understand why you want teying hard to me sound political correct over an issue like this.

lekanation:
being maid is voluntarily. helpers can choose whether or not to become a helper. slaves had no choice. they were kidnapped and forced into slavery. she is her maid. she didn't call her a slave...
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by SexytorresE(f): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2018
tofolo:
Someone said she should eat some makeup maybe she would become pretty inside...
that was the loudest grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by chineloSA(f): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Saintmary:

It's obvious you are angry, angry people find it hard to make sense

A supremacist is not only white people.

Supremacists can be black people who go out of their way to find the good in white people and what white people represent even when it's not there.

Supremacists do not get a grip or belive that white people are capable of being evil, even when the evidence is there.

Supremacists go out of their way to justify any wrong doing by other races be it using religion or any other means.
E.g. If it was not for slavery we would not know Jesus.

Supremacists label any of their own as angry and try and pacify them as soon as they find it hard to justify any wrong doing by other races.
I am not angry. Even if I was I am justified.

Supremacists will look for any reason to justify dating out of their race.

Supremacists see their culture, religion and anything that represent them as inferior therefore try to justify other races own as good.

There is nothing justifiable in capturing a race in millions and destructing their live family lives, religion, culture and even how they see themselves just because you have to impose your religion for God's sole purpose.

Slavery was a heinous crime to human kind and still is.

You are messed up. You are a white apologist and supremacist. Work on healing yourself. Anything that represents white people is not all good. Religion both Islam and Christianity justified slavery of only dark skinned people, rarely justified slavery of their own White or Arab race.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by chineloSA(f): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

If I call you an idiot it would be an understatement .
I can quote countless verses from your Bible if you are a Christian supporting slavery.
But you are too blind to see the log in your eye.
Do you know how slavery was abolished in Islaam?
Do you know that despite Islaam encouragement for manumitting slaves Christians still came to African using the Bible to enslave people through your British colonial masters?
Do you know the Bible has served as stool for slavery than any other book in the world.
But your kinds are too dumb to see that.
Bros, abeg no let me cut chain for your matter oh.

Listen Arabs (Islam) started slavery way before Europeans (Christianity).

Islam slavery lasted more than 1500 years and was abolished in the 1960's, but it still exist even today.

It's not only Christians who came to Africa to capture slaves, Muslims also came to Africa to capture slaves in Sudan, Tanzania etc. They set up forts in those countries and they had formal slave trade.

Both the Quran and the bible have several quotes justifying slavery.
Muhammed had slaves. Jesus didn't have slaves.

All religious people are too dumb to see, including you. 1. How do you justify carrying an Arab name over your native name. Why can't it be a name in your language that carries the same religious meaning.

2. How do you justify carrying over Arabic surnames for generations to come. Is it by force.

3. How do you justify dropping all your traditions and cultures over someones ( Arabs ) who thought they were wrong and never gave himself time to study your own.

4. How do you justify holding on to a religion that was forced on to you and not a choice.

Both Muslims and Christians are still brainwashed and white supremacists for thinking anything that represents White or Arab is right without questioning it.

Christianity and Islam believed in on of the most heinous crimes, slavery.And they both rationalised enslaving Africans. Period.

Enslaving anyone for any reason will never be right.
Forcing someone to accept your beliefs is not right.
Brainwashing someone by forcing them to change their names is not right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

Supremacists can be black people who go out of their way to find the good in white people and what white people represent even when it's not there.

Supremacists do not get a grip or belive that white people are capable of being evil, even when the evidence is there.

Supremacists go out of their way to justify any wrong doing by other races be it using religion or any other means.

Supremacists label any of their own as angry and try and pacify them as soon as they find it hard to justify any wrong doing by other races.

Supremacists see their culture, religion and anything that represent them as inferior therefore try to justify other races own as good.

There is nothing justifiable in capturing a race in millions and destructing their live family lives, religion, culture and even how they see themselves just because you have to impose your religion for God's sole purpose.

You are messed up. You are a white apologist and supremacist. Work on healing yourself. Anything that represents white people is not all good. Religion both Islam and Christianity justified slavery of only dark skinned people, rarely justified slavery of their own White or Arab race.
Whoever did this to you is a wicked person. Slavery and all manner of evil has been perpetrated by all humans. There is no measurement for evil, sin is sin, evil is evil. Calling people names will not remove your pain cos it's obvious you are hurting. Sorry ehn.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

Whoever did this to you is a wicked person. Slavery and all manner of evil has been perpetrated by all humans. Every human is capable of evil and has done something bad at one point or another. There is no measurement for evil, sin is sin, evil is evil, Slavery is evil no matter who practices it. Calling people names will not remove your pain cos it's obvious you are hurting. Sorry ehn.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by FitnesScientist: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
Saintmary:

Hello, slavery has been in Africa long before Semitic religions came around. Have you researched about the history of the ijebus and the ijeshas in Yorubaland, they were kept as slaves for human sacrifice, by Yorubas. Do you know the story of Efunsetan Aniwura, is she white? So many other instances of slavery perpetrated by Africans on Africans. Don't blame whites for the depravity of the human mind.

The Ijebus (capital city is Ijebu Ode) and the Ijesha (capital city is Ilesha) are two sub-ethnic groups of the Yorubas and they were never kept as slaves by other Yorubas for human sacrifice. I have some history books on Nigeria (and Yoruba) history including the book "The History of The Yorubas by late Rev. Samuel Johnson"

Please tell us the page where he wrote that Ijebus and Ijeshas were used by the other Yoruba sub-ethnic groups for human sacrifice or tell us the book where you got your information from.

The onus of proof is on you, so back up your statement with facts.

If you cannot tell us, then you are the dictionary definition of an idi0t.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

Islam slavery lasted more than 1500 years and was abolished in the 1960's, but it still exist even today.

It's not only Christians who came to Africa to capture slaves, Muslims also came to Africa to capture slaves in Sudan, Tanzania etc. They set up forts in those countries and they had formal slave trade.

All religious people are too dumb to see, including you. 1. How do you justify carrying an Arab name over your native name. Why can't it be a name in your language that carries the same religious meaning.

2. How do you justify carrying over Arabic surnames for generations to come. Is it by force.

3. How do you justify dropping all your traditions and cultures over someones ( Arabs ) who thought they were wrong and never gave himself time to study your own.

4. How do you justify holding on to a religion that was forced on to you and not a choice.

Both Muslims and Christians are still brainwashed and white supremacists for thinking anything that represents White or Arab is right without questioning it.

Christianity and Islam believed in on of the most heinous crimes, slavery.And they both rationalised enslaving Africans. Period.

All you just wrote are simply GARBAGE.
NONSENSE!

What has tradition got to do with what I wrote?
If your hatred was for the white man's culture like you subtly claim through your 4 points you should not be using social Media or anything invented by them at all. No. You know your hypocrisy won't allow you.

Before I even start answering any of your questions .
firstly,what is tradition?
secondly, who start this thing called tradition?
thirdly, what is culture?
Who made it binding that every person from a particular family tree must follow such culture?
or is it because some group of men who lived some donkey years ago came together to live by certain unwritten laws that now makes it automatically binding on me to follow what they say based on their so called rational thinking?
So,if your tradition is to follow what some men made as laws then you are no different from those who you accuse of following religion without you knowing what the religious scripture is saying.
And what even makes you think having a traditional name has any benefit in and of itself?
See, I have seen your kinds and I know how they think
. And unfortunately they think everything is measured by perception and 'rational thinking. '

I want to ask you what is wrong in having a name of my choosing according to my belief?
Are you not also guilty of forcing you tradition Hodge podge down my throat?
Are you not also guilty of the same psychological attack on religious beliefs when you are also not exempted from the same crime?
We know wars were fought between kingdoms who operated the traditional form of religion (whether you call it religion or not) and slaves were captured. What makes you now think religion is a problem when your forehead fathers did worse.
Female genital mutilation, human sacrifice, killing of twins and all other barbaric acts that were committed then, but no. You are too jaundiced and blind to see these because you can't seem to figure out how your brain function.

Islaam is not Arab culture if it was the Arabs of Prophet Muhammad's (endless blessings and peace be upon him) time wouldn't have opposed him in spreading a new system of codes, ethics and conduct.
They would have egged him on for promoting their tradition, but they did quite the opposite.
So what's your point?

For your information, slavery in Islaam is not like what that lady up there did or thinks or several others like her.
If Muslims were to follow the teachings concerning slavery there would be no slaves in the world today ,but do you blame Islaam or blame the individual involved.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by lekanation(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sterope:
Well, the term modern day slavery is much broader than that. When your freedom is restricted, your travelling document's are seized, you are constantly under the threat of violence etc. YOU ARE A MODERN DAY SLAVE.

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/modern-slavery/

http://gvnet.com/humantrafficking/Kuwait.htm

So, do you like have a crush on her? undecided Because I really don't understand why you want teying hard to me sound political correct over an issue like this.

I have a crush on you babe
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by chineloSA(f): 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Saintmary:

Whoever did this to you is a wicked person. Slavery and all manner of evil has been perpetrated by all humans. There is no measurement for evil, sin is sin, evil is evil. Calling people names will not remove your pain cos it's obvious you are hurting. Sorry ehn.

Me hurting. No. I am healing. I am worried about coons like you.

Do not try to make black people carry the blame for slavery. AFRICANS NEVER ENSLAVED ANY RACE IN HUGE NUMBERS.

YES YOU ARE A COON AND SUPREMACIST. YOU WILL GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DEFEND WHITE PEOPLE.

Wonder if you get paid to be their spokes person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

Do not try to make black people carry the blame for slavery. AFRICANS NEVER ENSLAVED ANY RACE IN HUGE NUMBERS.

YES YOU ARE A COON AND SUPREMACIST. YOU WILL GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DEFEND WHITE PEOPLE.

Your pain is written all over your post. Replying you is nauseating. Who is blaming you and your ancestors for slavery, we all saw the fallout of slavery, probably nothing will be done in the way of apologies or redress, but how long will you continue in the murk of your ancestors' past, they were used, battered, killed, and they are relatives to all blacks in the world. It was no small pain. Yet, you still suck up to your assailants, you refuse to better your lot in life, that is no one else's fault but yours. Stop crying foul all over the world and spend your time proving to the world over how amazing the black man is. God made all men to be awesome, you're wasting your time and life whining about your unfortunate past. It's not your fault you were born with disadvantages, but it will be your fault if you spend your whole life in that position of disadvantage. Just buzz off.
An addendum for your fragile healing heart: The party that bought the black man, the party that sold more than 10 men for a tiny mirror, and the party that sacked whole villages to sell them into slavery are all evil. Everyone, both white and black has capacity for evil in them.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
FitnesScientist:

The Ijebus (capital city is Ijebu Ode) and the Ijesha (capital city is Ilesha) are two sub-ethnic groups of the Yorubas and they were never kept as slaves by other Yorubas for human sacrifice. I have some history books on Nigeria (and Yoruba) history including the book "The History of The Yorubas by late Rev. Samuel Johnson"

Please tell us the page where he wrote that Ijebus and Ijeshas were used by the other Yoruba sub-ethnic groups for human sacrifice or tell us the book where you got your information from.

The onus of proof is on you, so back up your statement with facts.

If you cannot tell us, then you are the dictionary definition of an idi0t.
Scientists don't insult people to get facts, you are beneath my cadre.

1 Like

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by FitnesScientist: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Saintmary:

Scientists don't insult people to get facts, you are beneath my cadre.

Yea... you just confirmed you are mor0n, now go and clean your white master's anus.

1 Like

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by FitnesScientist: 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
chineloSA:

No need to reply that idi0t he/she is a white race worshipper.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by FitnesScientist: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
baby124:

The book that the haemaphrodite called SaintMary is asking you to read is in my library. I have read it back to back.

Ijebus and Ijeshas were never enslaved by other Yoruba sub-ethnic group. It is obvious she/he doesn't even know about Yoruba history. Even during the height of the Oyo Empire no Yoruba sub-ethnic group were enslaved by the ruling King (Alaafin).

1 Like

Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by ariesbull: 5:37am On Aug 07, 2018
chineloSA:

May Lord bless you ! It's so worst in North they don't even have their own culture and names again....it's Arabic name, culture and thinking
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by Saintmary(f): 1:53am On Aug 08, 2018
FitnesScientist:

The book that the haemaphrodite called SaintMary is asking you to read is in my library. I have read it back to back.

Ijebus and Ijeshas were never enslaved by other Yoruba sub-ethnic group. It is obvious she/he doesn't even know about Yoruba history. Even during the height of the Oyo Empire no Yoruba sub-ethnic group were enslaved by the ruling King (Alaafin).
Ah.... I see, you would say anything to cover up the sordid past of your ancestors, I understand your desperation. However, you don't have to bother too much, slavery as we used to know it is no longer in effect, every one is free now. I don't recall mentioning anywhere in any of my posts that the Alaafin enslaved anyone, don't be too jittery when you're lying. Oh well, don't take it too personal, all is well now.
Re: Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) by FitnesScientist: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2018
Saintmary:

Ah.... I see, you would say anything to cover up the sordid past of your ancestors, I understand your desperation. However, you don't have to bother too much, slavery as we used to know it is no longer in effect, every one is free now. I don't recall mentioning anywhere in any of my posts that the Alaafin enslaved anyone, don't be too jittery when you're lying. Oh well, don't take it too personal, all is well now.

Move along, go and clean a white man's anus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin / Two Corps Members Die As Vehicle Plunges Into River In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.