Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview (30821 Views)

I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well / Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by wj26584(m): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Where the work wey I wan dey negotiate salary cry

I know I will see this write up
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Akalia(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
MrWondah:

I'd love to.
Depending on what you want to learn....
Web dev and its tech or software Dev
which is easier to learn for someone that has zero IT knowledge but is willing to learn and is teachable?
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
Akalia:
which is easier to learn for someone that has zero IT knowledge but is willing to learn and is teachable?
I think you should go for web dev.
Start with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP then learn Jquery, or any JavaScript library.
If you are not good in maths you may have challenges in JavaScript. But don't give up.
All you need is a laptop, internet connection ( you'll need lots of bandwidth cos you'll be downloading lots of videos) and at least 4 hours daily. 1 hr to study, three hours to practice.
If you have the above I can show you good channels you'll get good videos and how to download them.

5 Likes

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Akalia(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
MrWondah:

Start with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP then learn Jquery, or any JavaScript library.
If you are not good in maths you may have challenges in JavaScript. But don't give up.
All you need is a laptop, internet connection ( you'll need lots of bandwidth cos you'll be downloading lots of videos) and at least 4 hours daily. 1 hr to study, three hours to practice.
If you have the above I can show you good channels you'll get good videos and how to download them.
Thank for your polite response. I have a laptop and Internet modem. Can I add you on whatsaap?
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by mikaj(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
Current Job

Salary at entry = roughly 137k salary 8 months later, roughly above 430k.

Just saying you could loose if you choose to be keen on salary rather than what you can offer.

4 Likes

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
Akalia:
Thank for your polite response. I have a laptop and Internet modem. Can I add you on whatsaap?
Saw your PM, I'll send u my contact through mail. Check ur mail
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Akalia(m): 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
MrWondah:

Saw your PM, I'll send u my contact through mail. Check ur mail
ok brother. I await your email.
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Chigorkizz(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
MrWondah:

I'd love to.
I wanto learn too.
Both
Web dev and… first
But I don’t have a laptop grin
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
4601CE:
I wanto learn too.
Both
Web dev and… first
But I don’t have a laptop grin
You have a desktop?
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
Salary raise.

Salary raise...

Salary raise.....

Got to school, learn some skills.. Mop up some cash. Establish your own business (no matter how small) and you will never worry about salary jobs.

Being your own boss is the best way to conquer being a slave to some organization. I know it may sound somehow, but the moment you put all your time, knowledge, skills and efforts in doing that which you are very proud of, that's the moment you feel all the joy in the universe.

I rather offer to work in a charity organization than to get myself tied to a salaried work. It kill dreams. And imbue us to perpetually remain in the fear of not knowing what we may do that would warrant us to loose our job. Or instigate our Supreme most highsss to issue us a red tape.

2 Likes

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by spiritedtete: 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
majekdom2:
Negotiate Salary when an offer has been made not during an interview process.

Gbam!!!! Even the rubbish OP wrote... he was just driving round and ended up saying another thing.

When you have your offer on the table... let your lawyer look into the terms of contract.. while you look into your own personal finances and how it will affect u.

Because you will be so unhappy to know that some colleagues that are not up to you in that organization are earning more.

Also when your job cant sustain you need... my brother you don't have a Job yet.

3 Likes

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by EMPERO247(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
MrWondah:

I'd love to.

MrWondah I would be interested too
Am in, software dev.
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Neddyogu(m): 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
MobileGees:
Easy way just say: "Oga if you no increase my salary before end of this month, I go kill you and your family, and don't try me oh na me kill my last oga so your name go just join the list"

Try that works like charm shocked shocked

Omo d way SARS go just crowd u eh, u sef go shock grin

1 Like

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by victorazyvictor(m): 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Where the work wey I wan dey negotiate salary cry

grin
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
EMPERO247:

MrWondah I would be interested too
Am in, software dev.
Do you have previous knowledge on it?

1 Like

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
wj26584:

I know I will see this write up

U know no work outside na
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by 2tpick: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
MrWondah:

I'd love to.
Mehn u guys aint starting without me.
I am interested too . Software developnent
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
2tpick:

Mehn u guys aint starting without me.
I am interested too . Software developnent
Do you have previous knowledge?
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by donqx: 1:01am On Jul 25, 2018
hmm
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by UEDIBO: 5:53am On Jul 25, 2018
Web dev.
MrWondah:

I'd love to.
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by seunadeolu(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2018
Mr wondah please I am interested in Web development. I am a rookie with a laptop and access to unlimited data
Here's my email. Oluwadeolu@gmail.com
Thanks in advance cool

MrWondah:

Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by mceze(m): 7:18am On Jul 25, 2018
MrWondah:
I'd love to. Depending on what you want to learn.... Web dev and its tech or software Dev
I wouldn't mind learning too..Here is my email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by mceze(m): 7:18am On Jul 25, 2018
MrWondah:
I'd love to. Depending on what you want to learn.... Web dev and its tech or software Dev
I wouldn't mind learning too..Here is my email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Lovexme(m): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2018
MrWondah:

Web Dev.
Got all of the above, just need the good channels. Thanks in advance.
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2018
Lovexme:

Web Dev.
Got all of the above, just need the good channels. Thanks in advance.
Pm me
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by MrWondah(m): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2018
For those who cantacted me for the tutorials, please check your mails and reply.
Please note that I'm not selling anything to anyone. I can't post the links here due to nairaland policies.
The best way to reach me is through pm.
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by vjohnson: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2018
You are not straight forward bro, tell us how to answer this question! How much can we pay you simply.
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Ugosample(m): 8:42am On Jul 25, 2018
wink2015:
The good jobs are taken by politicians for their children and mules including party faithful etc

You can not even make it to interview session let alone talk of having the opportunity to negotiate salary.

Because of our rough environment some Nigerians even take consolation in their being shortlisted for an interview. Not minding whether they secure the job or not.

Yea

A big shame Nigeria has become
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by EMPERO247(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2018
MrWondah:

Do you have previous knowledge on it?

Little...

I have idea on programming languages... such as
C, and C++
HTML(basic)
PHP (basic)
MATLAB too.

But didn't actually focus on any
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by Kingpinukecy(m): 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nice one bruh.. Good Job
Re: JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview by 2tpick: 8:04am On Jul 26, 2018
MrWondah:

Do you have previous knowledge?
yes sir. intermediary stage.
i also have a laptop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment: When is the next recruitment? / Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2016 Exercise(a Case Study Of 2014 Recruitment). / Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.