Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare (651 Views)

Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche / 2023: What I Said When Asked To Predict Next President – Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Bakare Declares 'Nigeria For Nigeria Movement' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by chidima2019: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
The General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has provided reasons President Muhammadu Buhari has not met the expectations of many who voted him into office in 2019.

The cleric also revealed why he would not be contesting for the presidency this time around, saying that he will not run against his friend, Buhari.

He, however, revealed that he will be the 16th president of the country, saying, “Buhari is the 15th president, I’ll be the 16th.”

Speaking with Daily Sun, Pastor Bakare, who was once Buhari’s running mate, said coming into office in 2015, the President met the unexpected.

On Buhari’s performance, Bakare said, “My simple view on this matter is: number one, the expectation was high.

“And so was the goodwill that brought him to power. But it appears after he got into power, the Yoruba proverb that ‘the water that is being boiled and the elubo to get amala that would be put into that water, the yam flour is so little compared to the boiling water.’

“So, we have to do more to either reduce the water or increase the yam flour. It is to whom much is given, much is expected.

“And if Nigerians expressed disappointment, they should fire up the president to seek ways and means of doing more because he is accountable to them.

Speaking on his presidential ambition, the cleric added, “I have no presidential ambition; I have a presidential vision because I am not driven by ambition, I am driven by destiny.

“And I am driven by a purpose and I want to see a country that works in my lifetime. But I have also made it public to everyone who cares to listen that it is morally improper, as a matter of fact, morally reprehensible for me to run against Buhari because once upon a time, we took sweet counsel together, we ran together.

“When Buhari does not run anymore, I will do it. But it is not ambition and it is not a matter of I must do this.

“I am waiting for the appropriate time as the spirit of God would lead me to do that. It is a question of time. I have said it elsewhere that President
Muhammadu Buhari is the 15th president. By God’s grace, I will be the 16th.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/2019-ill-be-nigerias-next-president.html

Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by FarahAideed: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Good
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by Metuh: 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hope he is ready to transmit too? grin
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by osazeeblue01: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
OK.
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
Drama everywhere.
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by ufuosman(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dream big
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by PamaB(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
If you think a Fake headline can give your blog returning trafic then think again.
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by crispus09(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
who is this one talking?
that's how we think the commissioner for condolence will be better be for 2015 election and after he became blemish.
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by Paperwhite(m): 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2018
“And I am driven by a purpose and I want to see a country that works in my lifetime. But I have also made it public to everyone who cares to listen that it is morally improper, as a matter of fact, morally reprehensible for me to run against Buhari because once upon a time, we took sweet counsel together, we ran together.

“When Buhari does not run anymore, I will do it. But it is not ambition and it is not a matter of I must do this.I am waiting for the appropriate time as the spirit of God would lead me to do that. It is a question of time.

And the "sweet counsel" have given rise to the present failed leadership right? Grandeur delusion have set in with Tunde Bakari just like Chris Okotie.
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by laribarri: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2018
Paperwhite:

“When Buhari does not run anymore, I will do it. But it is not ambition and it is not a matter of I must do this.I am waiting for the appropriate time as the spirit of God would lead me to do that. It is a question of time.

And the "sweet counsel" have given rise to the present failed leadership right? Grandeur delusion have set in with Tunde Bakari just like Chris Okotie.

This is the problem with this country. Why are we so blind and unwise in the country? Who has biwitched us?

So you feel more comfortable with political thieves who call themselves honorable who have nothing to loose to run for government positions but the moment it's a man of God then they are deluded. I pity our future if we continue to reason like this.

Can't you see it? Isn't it obvious that politicians have failed you and I? Do you think politicians can ever solve the problem we have when they are the problem? Bros, I pity you.

I am not saying these pastors are saints but it's time we pay attention when they talk. Although these pastors who have shown interest are humans and may have their own personal issues or character, but the truth is that these men have reputation, integrity and a ministry to protect. Above God, they represent God!

It is worth giving them a chance as its clear politicians have failed becos these people run successful ministries. For me, whoever man of God that I know has a successful ministry and not fake mushroom ministry o; if such man of God (pastor, evangelist etc) comes out, I will support them. If they fail, their conscience will first judge them before the God they are propagating will eventually judge them too for knowing what is right and refuse to do it; however, these politicians do not have conscience which is why they are unrepentant.

Didn't the bible say when a righteous man rules, the people rejoice? We are the righteousness of God n christ jesus and the funny thing is that it is they who are Christians that will first condemn a man of God wanting to lead us. Aren't they humans, aren't they Nigerians? These same Christians will be crying and shouting that herdsmen are killing Christians and destroying Christian community, yet it has been pastors all over the country that have been speaking from the podium, condemning these acts, while our dear honorable members are folding their hands. I pity you!

Did you call them into ministry? So how can you know they are only limited to the church? Was David not a king and a priest unto God? Was Melchisedec not a priest and King of salem? What about king Josiah whom was anointed king at age 7, upon whom God established His covenant with? What about the swagger-licious King Solomon? Jesus christ our LORD who is said to be king and high priest, which in time to come the government of the earth shall be upon His shoulders for eternity?

So where is it written that you cannot be a ruler (president) and a priest of God (minister/pastor)? Chapter what? Verse what?
Re: 2019: I’ll Be Nigeria’s Next President – Pastor Bakare by SolutionMee: 7:19am On Jul 26, 2018
In your dream
God Rejected You
Satan Rejected You
Nairalanders Rejected You

(1) (Reply)

Thugs Break Head Of Former APC Chairman For Dumping Party / Saraki Will Win The 2019 Presidential Election In Nigeria / 800 Meters Buhari Walk: Stop Deceiving Nigerians, Frank Tells Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.