Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 (22652 Views)

Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant / Facebook Users Criticize Fayemi For Referring To Tinubu As "Other Nigerians" / Meet Elishama Rosemary Ideh: Female Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by pautex: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2018
grin
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by LuciferChristi: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2018
ariesbull:
Why the noise ? Is she not a mother of five ?

I tire ooo
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by ariesbull: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:

I tire ooo

All these feminists everywhere
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by OhiOfIhima: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Buhari is a father of thirty....

And a grandpa of 150
I no fit laugh abeg... Punch get it wrong. What kind of sillying n unprofessional headline is dis.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Ignyte(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2018
Quidquopro:
So?

Is Punch wrong

Why is everybody crying more than the bereaved

If you have any Idea about Journalism, you would know that the headline is wrong.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2018
delugajackson:
The society in which we live in today is characterized by current and historic unequal power relations between women and men, whereby women are systematically disadvantaged and oppressed.

But it is quite shameful and disappointing for a respectable news agency like Punch to belittle the efforts of the female aspirant. Women have so much to offer asides tending to family affairs.

Why do you type in bold

It is annoying and hard to read
Are you illiterate
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by donbenie(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2018
Quidquopro:
So?

Is Punch wrong

Is mother of five her name?..am waiting for them to splash the headline, Father of 30 declare for Presidency whenever they will be featuring a male candidate..
If you do not see anything wrong with the headline then you are part of Nigeria's problem,that's a very belittling and condescending attitude towards the Aspirant..

2 Likes

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by joenor(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2018
What wrong with our social media... what the mother of five got to do with her being our pres in 2019, what we need nw is someone with brain n not if she has 1 Million kids or none...
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Paulosky1900: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranDel:
All these women will just come and be wasting their time and money. I pity this one.

No woman shall ever be the president of Nigeria. I repeat no woman!
seconded
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by 989900: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2018
She just got popular.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by donbenie(m): 9:29am On Jul 25, 2018
RussianKGB:
Mother of five was suppose to serve as some bit of humour to the readers. Nigerians like being too serious these days grin
There's NOTHING humorous about an aspirant declaring for the Presidency of a Nation,paying millions to acquire the form is no joke and saying it's supposed to be humorous is ab initio implying that the woman is not to be taken serious..
Why don't they regale us of a Father of 20 declaring for Presidency when next a male aspirant declares his intentions,stereotypes are used to define a group with intent to ridicule..

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Controversialbo(m): 9:29am On Jul 25, 2018
And wats d big deal Is it not true
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by klax(m): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2018
Well, can't blame The Punch when the party in power started it with Jonathan abusing his mother, his father and his innocent little kids I remember lots of them here on NL were smiling, catching fun and praised those politician doing such babaric act now The Punch too felt it was right to took a swipe on a woman executing her constitutional right.

What has her 5 kids has to do with her presidential ambition? Is having 5 kids a sin? I just dont know what to say, it all started by apc during their satanic campaugn against jonathan and this is one of the reason I hate apc like dog pooh. Very abusive and disrespectful and now they want respect for their president, it won't happen. I copied and pasted lots of abuse hurled at gej on my archives and anytime I stroll through them the more I hate apc.

apc started it all its not the f u c k I n g Punch idiots fault.

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranDel:
All these women will just come and be wasting their time and money. I pity this one.

you are a mad dog for that statement. Your type will keep your wife bounded and tired to the kitchen even if she has the best degrees in the world. Envious little man mtweeeesss

2 Likes

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Idrismusty97(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2018
On the contrary i think they are trying to hype her. And you wannabe feminists and women empowerment cretins are only doing worst for her thinking you are fighting for a good cause. You are making her(And we viewers) feel like she isn't proud to be a "mother of five". It depends on You and Her, This can be view in two ways;

1. She is a proud mother of five and despite the gender stereotype that women belongs in the Kitchen she is coming out as a presidential candidate while tending to her lovely family as the strong woman she is.

2. Being a mother of five is holding her back from her ambitions and wish she isn't a mother of five.

So both the presidential candidates and the supporters should choose wisely how they want their mother of five to be perceived? I will choose the first. Besides we all know this is just for show the presidential position is far far from her and both the women and men yapping up and down wouldn't even vote for her. My JAMB score would be even higher than the entire votes she will garner despite women being half or slightly more than half of our population.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by MOVIC6: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2018
delugajackson:
The society in which we live in today is characterized by current and historic unequal power relations between women and men, whereby women are systematically disadvantaged and oppressed.

But it is quite shameful and disappointing for a respectable news agency like Punch to belittle the efforts of the female aspirant. Women have so much to offer asides tending to family affairs.

like holyshoism, bbnaija, zeeworld, feminism, abortion infested,lesbian acting, gossip chatting offer, anything else.
if non please laylow
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by somehow: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2018
delugajackson:

So because a newspaper editor decided to misbehave, you want to start another women activist stunt with it?

In my part of the country, women even have more advantages than men.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by toprealman: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2018
Charley Boy- Father of a lesbian?
Buhari- Father of many children?
Dino- Single father of two?
Dele Momodu- Father of 4 children, Uncle to a popular Nigerian music artiste's baby mama
Journalism- Anything to catch your attention
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by harmbhrosz(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:
I don't understand...

Is she not a mother of five?

Does she want to deny her children because of her political aspirations?

Because of this, I won't even vote her. She must be one of those hypocritical feminists like Chimamanda & Linda Ikeji that are trying to hide their union with a man in order to look 'strong'.

Rubbish!
go sleep jooor, una go dey talk like toddler, has any male aspirant ever been reffered to as father of 15

Where in the whole world have you seen journalist bringing people's kids (number of kids) into politics...

Bag journalism is bad journalism, don't bother sugar coating it

3 Likes

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by MrWondah(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:
I don't understand...

Because of this, I won't even vote her. She must be one of those hypocritical feminists like Chimamanda & Linda Ikeji that are trying to hide their union with a man in order to look 'strong'.

Rubbish!
I guess you didn't read her reply
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by donbenie(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranDel:

NO force on earth can stop an idea whose time has come..when the day comes that a woman will rule this country,NOTHING will stop it..you and I may not be there but it will come and the more the opposition fights against it the more they'll make it possible..
One hundred and fifty years ago if you had told a Racist White Man that a black man will rule America he would not have believed it but it has come to pass..#IMPOSSIBLEISNOTHING

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by delishpot: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:
I don't understand...

Rubbish!

Why did they not use father of 8 grandpa of .... for Buhari? Why do they choose to use her motherhood as her identity? Na mother we dey vote for? Are Nigerians looking for the most fertile candidate to vote for? This mentality is why Africa can not progress. our youth see humour in every thing and downplay everything. It is a shame really.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by legba1(m): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2018
[quote author=Naijawebmaster post=69679393]Many people especially women will find this berating which is totally okay. But I do not think Punch used it with the intentions of berating her or women in general.

I believe they used it because that description will attract the curiosity of readers( which actually did). If they used her name, it may not have gotten the desired attention.

In media, headline sells. Same way bloggers will start headlines with...Wizkid's Ex... Tuface's baby mama...etc. [/

Only you got the gist...the essence ofthat headline is to arouse readers curiosity and it actually worked...
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Idrismusty97(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2018
donbenie:
NO force on earth can stop an idea whose time has come..when the day comes that a woman will rule this country,NOTHING will stop it..you and I may not be there but it will come and the more the opposition fights against it the more they'll make it possible..
One hundred and fifty years ago if you had told a Racist White Man that a black man will rule America he would not have believed it but it has come to pass..#IMPOSSIBLEISNOTHING
Women haven't even rule the America we are looking up to with over 200 years of democracy. With Clinton lost the future of women ruling the US is as bleak as ever and would take decades before a powerful woman like Hillary will rise again and that's despite women having a lot of Juicy post in the nation. Now compare with Nigeria and calculate how many centuries would it take for a woman to rule if Nigeria would even still be ONE by then.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by CanineOfJackal: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2018
Quidquopro:
So?

Is Punch wrong

It's demeaning and its sexist
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by LuciferChristi: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2018
delishpot:

Why did they not use father of 8 grandpa of .... for Buhari? Why do they choose to use her motherhood as her identity? Na mother we dey vote for? Are Nigerians looking for the most fertile candidate to vote for? This mentality is why Africa can not progress. our youth see humour in every thing and downplay everything. It is a shame really.

If Buhari is a grandpa of 18 and he is addressed as such, I see no reason why he should deny it.

Why is this woman so disgusted by what she is?

What Punch wrote is the truth - she is a mother of 5. Why should she be offended by the truth?

You're the one with a warped mentality. You have 5 kids but you do not want the world to know about it. Shame on your lot.

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by donbenie(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Women haven't even rule the America we are looking up to with over 200 years of democracy. With Clinton lost the future of women ruling the US is as bleak as ever and would take decades before a powerful woman like Hillary will rise again and that's despite women having a lot of Juicy post in the nation. Now compare with Nigeria and calculate how many centuries would it take for a woman to rule if Nigeria would even still be ONE by then.
Like I said it may not happen at the life time of any living person today..women may not have ruled America but they have ruled India and they have ruled Pakistan,third world nations with more in common socioculturally to Nigeria..
What will be will be,destiny can only be delayed not denied..who is born to be a king will one day be a King no matter how it takes to happen..
Look at Jonathan,he had the Presidency handed to him on a platter,something Abiola died fighting for,why?because it was in their destinies..

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by LuciferChristi: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
It's demeaning and its sexist

How is it sexist?

Did she not have those 5 kids?

Why didn't she abort the 5 kids all those years ago? Hell, why even spread her legs for a dick?

The fact that a woman does not want to be associated with her own offspring disgusts me & I did not even bother to read her name.
I can't store trash in my memory.

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by philip0906(m): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Many people especially women will find this berating which is totally okay. But I do not think Punch used it with the intentions of berating her or women in general.

I believe they used it because that description will attract the curiosity of readers( which actually did). If they used her name, it may not have gotten the desired attention.

In media, headline sells. Same way bloggers will start headlines with...Wizkid's Ex... Tuface's baby mama...etc.
You are intelligent. Unfortunately, emotional Internet warriors won't understand this
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by lagdmark(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2018
ariesbull:
Why the noise ? Is she not a mother of five ?
I wonder oh, she want to be called Madam presidential candidate.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Idrismusty97(m): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2018
donbenie:
Like I said it may not happen at the life time of any living person today..women may not have ruled America but they have ruled India and they have ruled Pakistan,third world nations with more in common socioculturally to Nigeria..
What will be will be,destiny can only be delayed not denied..who is born to be a king will one day be a King no matter how long it takes..
Besides i am not against your point, If given enough time of course the inevitable can happen. The president position is a job open to anyone, They are not Kings as you put it lol. Besides if a woman indeed becomes a president it isn't an historic something, at best after some months the euphoria will fade and both the feminists and women empowerment wannabes will realizes she is just another presidential candidate with a term or two and normal lives continue. Just like Obama being the first black president. No one gives a shît about that anymore and it doesn't means blacks now have automatic ticket to the presidency. It could take another century for a black man to be president of the US again and normal lives continues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Tweets After Inauguration / Banks, Markets, Schools Open As Sit-At-Home Fails In Imo State / Fayose Interacts With Another Elderly Woman In Ekiti State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.