Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 (22640 Views)

Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant / Facebook Users Criticize Fayemi For Referring To Tinubu As "Other Nigerians" / Meet Elishama Rosemary Ideh: Female Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2018
The world belongs to everybody and not just one person.

You would leave the earth one day so your statement is irrelevant so even if it doesn't happen in your lifetime it doesn't mean it won't happen in the future and you cannot come back to change it.

In this life nothing is impossible.
BiafranDel:
All these women will just come and be wasting their time and money. I pity this one.

No woman shall ever be the president of Nigeria. I repeat no woman!
This also applies to the paulosky1900 guy.that seconded your comment.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2018

You would leave the earth one day so your statement is irrelevant so even if it doesn't happen in your lifetime it doesn't mean it won't happen in the future and you cannot come back to change it.

BiafranDel:
All these women will just come and be wasting their time and money. I pity this one.

This also applies to the paulosky1900 guy that seconded your comment.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by dominique(f): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:

If Buhari is a grandpa of 18 and he is addressed as such, I see no reason why he should deny it.

Why is this woman so disgusted by what she is?

What Punch wrote is the truth - she is a mother of 5. Why should she be offended by the truth?

You're the one with a warped mentality. You have 5 kids but you do not want the world to know about it. Shame on your lot.

The woman is not disgusted with the caption, it's punch's twitter followers that have issues with it. Read the screenshots again, her response was the last one there and she was not complaining
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by LuciferChristi: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2018
dominique:

The woman is not disgusted with the caption, it's punch's twitter followers that have issues with it. Read the screenshots again, her response was the last onw there and she was not complaining

Then the matter should rest.

Simple!
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Aguata1stson(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2018
There is nothing wrong in saying that she is mother of 5. or is she not a proud mother, though her name should have come first like "Eunice Atuejide, Mother of five" declares for President. but trust The social Media to blow everything ouvof proportion
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by smallsmall: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2018
So, its now a crime to mention the number of Children somebody has, like it is a crime or a plague?

If you think it is so, then dont have the children and no one will mention you in the same sentence with children.

Ignorant people wanting to eat their cake and still have it.

She is a Mother of five children. Period.

Small time now, they will even come out to tell us that it is no longer acceptable to describe a woman, as a woman, all in the name of feminism.

By the way, the founder of Femminism just 'successfully' commited suicide in France, after three failed attempts.

That is 'How far' it goes! Empty Life.
grin grin grin
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by donbenie(m): 10:51am On Jul 25, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Besides i am not against your point, If given enough time of course the inevitable can happen. The president position is a job open to anyone, They are not Kings as you put it lol. Besides if a woman indeed becomes a president it isn't an historic something, at best after some months the euphoria will fade and both the feminists and women empowerment wannabes will realizes she is just another presidential candidate with a term or two and normal lives continue. Just like Obama being the first black president. No one gives a shît about that anymore and it doesn't means blacks now have automatic ticket to the presidency. It could take another century for a black man to be president of the US again and normal lives continues.
Am not trying to imply being a Female President will be in any way monumental nor earth shaking,I was replying to the guy who claimed a woman will never rule Nigeria..
Circumstances makes ideas possible and claiming that a female president is impossible in Nigeria is being myopic..what if she was voted in as the Vice President to compensate women and 3 months down the line the President drops dead of a heart attack? will she not be sworn in as the President of Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by LZAA: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2018
Issafela:
Punch news nigeria was attacked by twitter users for referring to (Eunice Atuejide) a female presidential aspirant for the 2019 election as "mother of five".

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/punch-got-slammed-for-referring-to-a-female-presidential-aspirant-as-mother-of-5-photos/

Anybody slamming punch and is not slamming bloggers who use all manners of silly headlines is not serious
That being said.really punch?
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by joyfullyjoyous(f): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2018
Pele o father of punch. Your face needs to be punched. for this.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by SmartyPants(m): 11:22am On Jul 25, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Many people especially women will find this berating which is totally okay. But I do not think Punch used it with the intentions of berating her or women in general.

I believe they used it because that description will attract the curiosity of readers( which actually did). If they used her name, it may not have gotten the desired attention.

In media, headline sells. Same way bloggers will start headlines with...Wizkid's Ex... Tuface's baby mama...etc.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

As simple as that.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by justy15: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2018
Why didn't they caption buhari's as grandfather of 30 declares for president, half baked journalist at work

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Noblewhiz(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2018
Punch is an APC supporter
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by OgeFather(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
Quidquopro:
So?
Is Punch wrong
Why is everybody crying more than the bereaved
Ya Mad your head is kicking inside mumu
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by delishpot: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:

[s]If Buhari is a grandpa of 18 and he is addressed as such, I see no reason why he should deny it.
[/s]
Why is this woman so disgusted by what she is?

What Punch wrote is the truth - she is a mother of 5. Why should she be offended by the truth?

You're the one with a warped mentality. You have 5 kids but you do not want the world to know about it. Shame on your lot.

When you grow up you will understand. Hopefully you will do so soon.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by LuciferChristi: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
delishpot:

When you grow up you will understand. Hopefully you will do so soon.

I take this to mean you have no credible counter-point.

Good day.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by E2power3: 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Punch that Tinubu and APC had killed 'sense' and professionalism out their existence since 2014?!

Na today Na carcass you see so....called Punch!!!
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by boyjo: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Many people especially women will find this berating which is totally okay. But I do not think Punch used it with the intentions of berating her or women in general.

I believe they used it because that description will attract the curiosity of readers( which actually did). If they used her name, it may not have gotten the desired attention.

In media, headline sells. Same way bloggers will start headlines with...Wizkid's Ex... Tuface's baby mama...etc.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

Don`t mind them.
To the pure, all things are pure.
Jubril mind no pure.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Walamu(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Issafela:
Punch news nigeria was attacked by twitter users for referring to (Eunice Atuejide) a female presidential aspirant for the 2019 election as "mother of five".

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/punch-got-slammed-for-referring-to-a-female-presidential-aspirant-as-mother-of-5-photos/

Its disgraceful for them to refer to a political candidate in only one attribute especially one that has nothing to do with her performing the office she is seeking. How not mentioned her education level, her specific education, her experience, her party, her vision, her most promising statements, and things that are more relevant to her pursuit.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by Paulosky1900: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
AmazonHippolyta:

This also applies to the paulosky1900 guy that seconded your comment.
yes you are right maybe in 2918 that is 900yrs to come but for this our nigga i dnt think its possible unles their isnt no single male human or they break dis country and maybe a woman can rule Igbos...
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
LuciferChristi:
I don't understand...

Is she not a mother of five?

Does she want to deny her children because of her political aspirations?

Because of this, I won't even vote her. She must be one of those hypocritical feminists like Chimamanda & Linda Ikeji that are trying to hide their union with a man in order to look 'strong'.

Rubbish!

Too many chimamada in Nairarland these days.
Even some male closet feminist are not left out.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
At first I wanted to disagree with punch but my anti-herd mentality kicked in then I looked a little bit further and I discovered it is the usual what is just popular that gets most people to follow a line of thought without thinking for themselves.
Punch is absolutely on point describing her with such attribute.
Is she truthfully not a mother of five?
OK. I see, you want to use the chimamada trick to shame punch into accepting what is not true because your want her to be politically correct?

As for those males who are so pained about what punch publish I say to you, go borrow yourselves some brain.

The society is turning upside down today because the society is shaming women away from playing their primary roles as mothers and future moulders for career life and for one stupid political aim because they want to be equal with men.

God never said a woman should lead a man in any way even in your houses fathers are the ones who run the show but your mum.

As for those persons who think I care about their insults or vitriolic I personally don't give a damn about what you say or think.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranDel:

Tell them.
She has not finish taking good care of her kids ana wants to rule a whole country like Nigeria what men tried and failed!
Wallaahi this woman miss road.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:47am On Jul 26, 2018
Paulosky1900:

yes you are right maybe in 2918 that is 900yrs to come but for this our nigga i dnt think its possible unles their isnt no single male human or they break dis country and maybe a woman can rule Igbos...
Same way Nigeria electing good leaders is not near possible.

It would be before then.
I don't even think the gender would matter if Nigerians are ready for good governance.

If a woman could have that ideology and the will power to take this country forward I AM SURE IN THE NEAREST FUTURE WITH ENLIGHTENED ELECTORATES IT WOULD HAPPEN.

You can never say never.

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2018
Shut up.
When enlightened individuals are making a point primitive people are not invited.And we as well don't give a hoot about your opinion.
IbnAbdullah1:
At first I wanted to disagree with punch but my anti-herd mentality kicked in then I looked a little bit further and I discovered it is the usual what is just popular that gets most people to follow a line of thought without thinking for themselves.
Punch is absolutely on point describing her with such attribute.
Is she truthfully not a mother of five?
OK. I see, you want to use the chimamada trick to shame punch into accepting what is not true because your want her to be politically correct?

As for those males who are so pained about what punch publish I say to you, go borrow yourselves some brain.

The society is turning upside down today because the society is shaming women away from playing their primary roles as mothers and future moulders for career life and for one stupid political aim because they want to be equal with men.

God never said a woman should lead a man in any way even in your houses fathers are the ones who run the show but your mum.

As for those persons who think I care about their insults or vitriolic I personally don't give a damn about what you say or think.

1 Like

Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by IbnAbdullah1(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
AmazonHippolyta:
Shut up.
When enlightened individuals are making a point primitive people are not invited.And we as well don't give a hoot about your opinion.

Always trying to prove a point when there is none.
I am primitive because I do not follow your stupid line of reasoning shey?
A billion and one of you can't stop me for saying what I want to say.
This over grown lilly-legged.
Tell me aunty know-it-all how has your 21st century elixir solved the problem of marital break up, Child Abuse and other societal ills on the increase?
How na?
I understand, your brain is so depraved of oxygen that it is too low to think beyond the crowd.

whether your minions likes it or not she is a mother of five deal with that!
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by AmazonHippolyta(f): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Always trying to prove a point when there is none.
I am primitive because I do not follow your stupid line of reasoning shey?
A billion and one of you can't stop me for saying what I want to say.
This over grown lilly-legged.
Tell me aunty know-it-all how has your 21st century elixir solved the problem of marital break up, Child Abuse and other societal ills on the increase?
How na?
I understand, your brain is so depraved of oxygen that it is too low to think beyond the crowd.

whether your minions likes it or not she is a mother of five deal with that!
Oga I have no problem with her being a mother.
You are primitive because that is the definition of your likes na dictionary dey there to help you.
You are actually the one who lacks the brain to think ooo especially with your post you are actually the one who cannot think out of the crowd not me.
It has always been on the increase so nor be today that one start with more re orientation things would get better.
Re: Punch Got Slammed For Referring To A Female Presidential Aspirant As Mother Of 5 by IbnAbdullah1(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
AmazonHippolyta:

Oga I have no problem with her being a mother.
You are primitive because that is the definition of your likes na dictionary dey there to help you.
You are actually the one who lacks the brain to think ooo especially with your post you are actually the one who cannot think out of the crowd not me.
It has always been on the increase so nor be today that one start with more re orientation things would get better.

Sorry Miss.
I thought I was talking to somebody matured enough to think beyond insults and tantrums.
Now I know better.
Have a nice day Ma.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20,000 APC Members From Akpabio's Home Defect To PDP / Monguno’s Comment: Dasuki’s Case ‘will Be A Child’s Play When Buhari Leaves / President Buhari May Re-Present Lauretta Onochie For INEC Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.