Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Five Things We Need To Stop Doing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five Things We Need To Stop Doing (276 Views)

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / If You Wish To Have A Better 2021, Stay Away From These Five Things. / What Are The Things We All Do But Do Not Admit Doing Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Things We Need To Stop Doing by BalogunIdowu(m): 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello! now I know you are excited about knowing those things you need to stop doing. well these are some of my observations over time and I will be sharing  five of them with you guys. Do give your opinions on them.
Happy reading!

1. Everyone likes what you play: A number of us listens to one thing or the other. Be it music, movies, news and a regular or favourite media programme. In most cases we listen or view these things at their Maximum volume without considering if others around are disturbed by them. We do this in the public bathroom, bus, kitchen, hostel, lecture room, traffic and some other places. Not everyone is interested in what you are listening to, it may be a disturbance to them but wouldn't complain except they are people without tolerance. So don't think everyone is enjoying the latest hit you are playing.

If you don't have an hands free, do reduce the volume to the least minimum that you can hear and won't disturb others. Once you are not amongst your peers, in a party or gathering where everyone has no control over the tremor sound systems then respect their presence by asking if they are not disturbed by it. And you'll be surprised to hear responses like "it's okay, am enjoying the programme", "I haven't listened to news in days...", "This is Iraq! Another version of childish Gambino?" and in some situations you'll hear things like "kindly reduce the volume, am having lots in my mind", "oh, I don't mind lending you a hands free" and all sorts. So from now, do show some courtesy to People

2. Your opinion should be adopted: on every matter, almost everyone will have an opinion or contribution. And in most cases we feel ours MUST be accepted and or implemented. We should avoid falling prey to this because it can lessen our participation or commitment to a group or team we belong to. Some of the pious people of the past usually feels sad when their opinions are accepted because any negative outcome from following them, they will get a share from it and they are happy when their opinions are not accepted because they are free from whatever result that comes from it.

What we should also note is that if every opinion is to be accepted at an instance then that is a fiasco in itself. It doesn't mean your ideas are not good but they can always be implemented at a letter time. So don't feel bad, don't be sad, don't get mad when your suggestions aren't agreed to. Be happy and move on with the crew. A hint is to even do it than those who made the Suggestions. However, it's always a bad thing to relate a failure to not using your own suggestions. Don't do that, it ridicules the humble work of others. Who knows yours if yours was implemented, the result may be far worse. So get over this guys!

������

https://balogunidowu./2018/07/25/five-things-we-need-to-stop-doing/

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL (IndigenousGenius)
300L, MEDICINE AND SURGERY
LASUCOM

(1) (Reply)

Edo Joint Account Allocation Committee Declares N3.2bn For July / On The Sack Of Lawan Daura,dg DSS / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.