Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' (16781 Views)

Most Okada Riders In Lagos Are Criminals- Police Commissioner / Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police / Gumi On Afaka Students, RCCG Members Abduction: I’m Not A Negotiator For Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Nemere2020: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Amotekun: Most ‘Okada’ riders in Oyo spying for bandits, foreign kidnappers — Commandant raises alarm

The Chairman, Western States Security Network, codenamed: Amotekun in Oyo State, Gen. Kunle Togun (rtd), has raised the alarm that most commercial motorcyclists in the state are spies for kidnappers and bandits that have entered the Yoruba land from the porous borders of Nigeria.

He said the foreigners who were ferried inside trailers into Oyo State among other States during the COVID-19 lockdown could not speak any Nigerian language, but French whenever accosted by his men.

Togun hinted that the warning from the state Governor to traditional chiefs to stop allocating lands to herdsmen with no papers showing Nigerian nationality would go a long way to stem the spate of killings and kidnapping in Yorubaland.

Gen. Togun who was responding to questions from newsmen in his office at the state Secretariat, Agodi, Ibadan, yesterday, said the greedy nature of some traditional and community leaders in many Yoruba towns led to high rate of insecurity, which he said, Amotekun has been curbing.

His words: “Before Amotekun was established, the problem of Yorubaland since the invasion of the land by these herdsmen has been our traditional chiefs and leaders in Yorubaland, they take money, cows and cars from these people, and allow them to settle and wreak havoc in their domains.”

“I have attended meetings of Obas in Oke-Ogun and I told them to stop giving lands to foreigners, these herdsmen are called Bororos in Oke-Ogun and Ibarapa areas, they are not Nigerians, what is happening should not be analysed in the area of religion, it is territorial expansion.”

“Their leaders argue about the ECOWAS Free Movement law, but the one I am aware of is that anybody from ECOWAS country can go into another ECOWAS country without a visa but you cannot stay there for more than ninety days at a stretch, some of these people have been occupying our land for years and they are not Nigerians.”

“Most of them that were dumped here by trailers during the Covid-19 lockdown have turned to Okada riders, many are carrying wheelbarrows all over the place, selling carrots, orange and the rest, the Okada riders are their spies, we have noted that and we are working on government policy that will curtail the use of these people to foment crisis in Oyo State and the Yorubaland as a whole.”

Togun noted that Nigerians are the most security unconscious people in the world as he added that even the neighbouring Benin Republic has a database and is more secure because according to him, security is supposed to be everybody’s business.

He said those that expected Amotekun to fail in Oyo State should be ashamed as the outfit would continue to be the pride of all Yoruba people at home and in the diaspora, urging the people of the State to continue to put their trust and support in the outfit.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/amotekun-most-okada-riders-in-oyo-spying-for-bandits-foreign-kidnappers-commandant-raises-alarm/amp/

14 Likes

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Everyone in aso rock is also a bandit.

Follow my signature to get 300# awoof airtime. When u download and Register the app. Make sure u use the immediately.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Dapson73(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
God bless Amotekun,
God bless Yorubaland,
God bless Nigeria

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Never4getU: 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
It's Fulani agenda to occupy the entire west so we can all be ravaged like their region.

Nobody have a monopoly if violence..Las Las we go fight war and go separate ways.

Unity isn't by force!

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by mike8804: 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
though am educated, a family man and comfortable but if things get worse I won't mind joining one Yoruba militia group to defend my father's land(Yoruba land). Come from a family of warlords in ekiti, na education and religion make person no reason am.

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Jesse6(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
Insecurity everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by amaniro: 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
SW. The new target for bandits and fulani terrorist. Yoruba people if una like no wise up.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Yoruba1stson: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2021
Yoruba people need to unite as one to fight fulani herdsmen tormenting us on our land, imagine a fucking strangers killing us on our land and those fucking idiots have the gut to be telling us that only buhari can order them to leave and we can't do any fucking thing to them.
Sunday igboho, we all support you and pray for you that we all succeed in this, this is a test for us and we must pass

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Yoruba1stson: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
mike8804:
though am educated, a family man and comfortable but if things get worse I won't mind joining one Yoruba militia group to defend my father's land(Yoruba land). Come from a family of warlords in ekiti, na education and religion make person no reason am.
i am also ready to join any yoruba militia to defend our land from those fucking fulani, i am ready to die as a brave man than being a coward.
Sunday igboho we support you, you are better than that bastard coward are ona kakanfo

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by CodeTemplar: 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
Lol . . . Amotekun is now into Intel gathering. Ibile DSS loading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by DoctorDree(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2021
May God deliver us
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by AlphaLover: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2021
angry
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by adioolayi(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
They should do the needful...Flush them all out!

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by carbony4red(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by aremuforlife(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
That is will be another reason to ban Okada in Ibadan, the same thing is what the okada riders have been doing for omonile in Lagos and Ogun state, whenever they see people working in their site's, they always inform the area boys.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
On my previous paragraphs i wrote and quote

".... if it works on OYO soil it will definitely work in SW".

Name me a conspiracy theorist tongue

Ruga to Urgent NIMC to Gen Togun's "statement"

I have catarrh, I can't smell for now cheesy

Never4getU:
It's Fulani agenda to occupy the entire west so we can all be ravaged like their region.

Nobody have a monopoly if violence..Las Las we go fight war and go separate ways.

Unity isn't by force!

War no be moin-moin Arákùnrin.
LasLas na round table go end am.
Las Las we will still coexist
Las Las our children will if we don't
Las Las lives go pahin, all are innocent
Las Las hunger go kill children
Las Las, all at last... War isn't worth the worth.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Sabadon(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
Saboteurs everywhere
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
Amotekun aside, Seyi Makinde needs to regulate those Okada riders, they are virtually every where in huge numbers.

11 Likes

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Nomorelove: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
Fake news

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Lawnray: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
It's true, they even rob people on the bike
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Brendaniel: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
Never4getU:

Unity isn't by force!

The earlier the south detaches itself from the north the better, those guys are already on self destruct...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by bigdammyj: 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
Noted
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Marine54(m): 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
South western States are heading the way of Kwara

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by mytime24(f): 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
Yawn
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by TrueChristians: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
The sad state of Nigeria as a country no one is safe anymore , nowhere is safe
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by GboyegaD(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
Why use the word most so loosely? With over a thousand bike riders, how many do they know that act as spies. All I see is just a group trying to be more relevant than they actually are.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by solmusdesigns: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
cool

Oyo State Amotekun are really working round the clock

Their only problem is the haven't mastered how to handle fire arms and how to engage hostility without shooting

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by naijadrivablog: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2021
De wan ban okada be that o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Enoch07: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2021
reason to ban them. I just pity the innocent ones
Re: Amotekun: 'Most Okada Riders In Oyo Spying For Bandits & Foreign Kidnappers' by Patrioticman007(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2021
The best security outfit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

80 Per Cent Of Security Energies Channelled Against Igbo — Intersociety Alleges / Arthur Nzeribe's Sickness: I Guess He'll Now Know That He Is Human After All / INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.