Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC (37352 Views)

Buhari, APC, Governors Woo Saraki With Juicy Offers - The Nation / "I Will Laugh Last", Fayose Tells Buhari, APC / Arewa Youth Forum Blames Buhari, APC For Escalating Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by ManirBK: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2018
The President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki has said that his chances of leaving President Muhammadu Buhari’s ruling party are “very, very high”.

Bukola Saraki - who as Senate President is the third most senior politician in the country - made the comments to Reuters

On Tuesday, 14 senators left APC. While 12 joined the PDP, two others joined the African Democratic Congress (ADC).

Senators that joined the PDP are: Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Kano); Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara); Shaba Lafiagi (Kwara); Bayero Nafada (Gombe); Ubale Shittu (Jigawa); Dino Melaye (Kogi); Abdullahi Danbaba (Sokoto); Isa Hamma Misau (Bauchi); Suleiman Nazif (Bauchi); Suleiman Hunkuyi (Kaduna); Barnabas Gemade (Benue) and Lanre Tejuoso (Ogun).
Monsurat Sumonu (Oyo) and Abdulaziz Nyako (Adamawa) opted for the ADC.

With this, the APC has slim majority with 53 senators, while the PDP has 50. ADC and the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) have two senators each, bringing the total to 107 senators. Two seat are vacant in Bauchi and Katsina states following the demise of Senators Ali Wakili and Mustapha Bukar respectively.

One of the senators initially listed among defectors to PDP, Adesoji Rilwan Akanbi (Oyo State), later told journalists that he remains a bonafide member of the APC.

In the House of Representatives, 37 lawmakers of the APC left the party, with 32 joining the PDP, and four from Oyo State joining the ADC. hours after 15 senators from Buhari’s All Progressives Congress (APC) party defected.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/finally-saraki-opens-up-on-leaving-buhari-apc-262656.html

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by ManirBK: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2018
Bukola Saraki has been a major obstacle in PMB administration and he has hindered most Buhari's progress. I respect his political strategy and capability. But the truth is, he cannot control the entire south west, his popularity remains in kwara state. Most of it all, no candidate from any opposition that can defeat Buhari and if Saraki is so sure of himself, let him test his popularity against PMB come 2019. If Saraki defect today, it won't stop Buhari from winning the election again.

183 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by chieyine(m): 6:30am On Jul 26, 2018
shocked shocked
All this politicians fight for their pockets.
But wait ooo
Are we about to experience the part 2 of 2015 election shocked.
It will be damn interesting in as much as our Daura Lord is sent back to herd his cows.
Let the Game of thrones begin kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31am On Jul 26, 2018
His wahala.

"Only in Nigeria thieves are regrouping to re-LOOT again and youth whose future will be stolen are celebrating it"
..........Wole Soyinka

We : Only Lazy and corrupt youth sir.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by izzou(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2018

Maybe I'm wrong, but I wonder how you guys think that this defection won't mean anything to Buhari's chance

For heaven's sake, Buhari contested in 2007 and 2011 and he didn't even win half of the whole northern region. This should tell you that people actually helped him achieve this, not his name.

2015 was a whole different atmosphere in politics. Nigerians were tired of PDP. The elections was biased withreligion, ethnicity but 2019 is going to a totally different game.

We got lesser than what we expected, the battle is now between men of the same race and religion.

I may be wrong, but I know that on a presidential level, Buhari cannot win Kwankwaso in Kano, Buhari cannot win Atiku in Adamawa, Buhari cannot win Ringim in Jigawa.

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by vedaxcool(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2018
Thief go away

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Ahmed0336(m): 6:36am On Jul 26, 2018
Even the blind knows this tell us something new biko undecided

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by FarahAideed: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2018
ManirBK:
Bukola Saraki has been a major obstacle in PMB administration and he has hindered most Buhari's progress. I respect his political strategy and capability. But the truth is, he cannot control the entire south west, his popularity remains in kwara state. Most of it all, no candidate from any opposition that can defeat Buhari and if Saraki is so sure of himself, let him test his popularity against PMB come 2019. If Saraki defect today, it won't stop Buhari from winning the election again.

Shut up !!!!! Is he the one that told Buhari to make all the poor economic decisions that led to the needless recession ?

Is he the one that told Buhari to keep protecting killer herdsmen to a point where Buhari became a suspect ?

Is he the one that told Buhari not to fix electricity till date ?

Is the one that told Buhari to increase tariff of anti malarials for no reason ?

Is he the one that told Buhari not to have an economic road map of where he is going?

Is he the one that told Buhari to practice divisiveness and nepotism openly?

Is he one that told Buhari to increase petrol prices and still end up paying four times more subsidy ?

Is he the one that to Buhari to be an unrepentant Bigot ?

My Friend Buhari is 100 percent responsible for all how own problems and his dwindling fortunes so much that his only hope of re election lies on rigging and result altering as it stands

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Firefire(m): 6:41am On Jul 26, 2018
[s]
ManirBK:
[/s]

So is thief Bukola Saraki that prevented the useless cow to perform and deliver the already denied CHANGE?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by escodotman: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2018
He's left alreeady. Beware of people like Shehu Sani, if he refuses to leave the evil party he has criticised since inception, then he is not a honourbale man & should be labelled the greatest betrayal since Brutus betrayed Julius Cesar.

16 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2018
We are in for anything that affects positively the plight of the common man..
Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by bender79: 6:51am On Jul 26, 2018
He should leave now. "if you want to shoot, shoot and don't talk". Saraki maybe overrated. I think buhari should stop giving him that caveat of a great politician by allowing him be.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2018
It's appaling that at this period in the country, someone is still talking about Religion in politics.

Religion and Ethnicity are the 2 main things that these evil politicians have been using right From time.
Surprised it still works!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by tamonokare: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2018
Oga do quick.
Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2018
I do not pity Buhari. Tinubu was fighting against a Saraki's senate presidency but Bubu was there forming democrat. An Obasanjo wouldn't have allowed Saraki smell that seat.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by SolutionMee: 7:14am On Jul 26, 2018
In Saraki I trust
Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by RevenGeMission: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2018
Saraki must be High

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Sprumbabafather: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2018
ManirBK:

I think saraki is an obstacle to PMB attempt to strangle the country and make the security situation worse. Saraki is the hope of the common man.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Sprumbabafather: 8:04am On Jul 26, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Saraki must be High

Yea, so high he is the highest lawmaker in the country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Mansur0107(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

I think saraki is an obstacle to PMB attempt to strangle the country and make the security situation worse. Saraki is the hope of the common man.

Saraki is the hope for common man after being alleged in Offa robbery case or because he has been helping you with his looting treasury.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Sprumbabafather: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2018
Mansur0107:

Saraki is the hope for common man after being alleged in Offa robbery case or because he is been helping you with his looting treasury.

if you really believed saraki has anything to do with robbery, then I give up all hopes of your recovery.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Mansur0107(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2018
ManirBK:
The President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki has said that his chances of leaving President Muhammadu Buhari’s ruling party are “very, very high”.
Bukola Saraki - who as Senate President is the third most senior politician in the country - made the comments to Reuters
On Tuesday, 14 senators left APC. While 12 joined the PDP, two others joined the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
Senators that joined the PDP are: Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Kano); Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara); Shaba Lafiagi (Kwara); Bayero Nafada (Gombe); Ubale Shittu (Jigawa); Dino Melaye (Kogi); Abdullahi Danbaba (Sokoto); Isa Hamma Misau (Bauchi); Suleiman Nazif (Bauchi); Suleiman Hunkuyi (Kaduna); Barnabas Gemade (Benue) and Lanre Tejuoso (Ogun).
Monsurat Sumonu (Oyo) and Abdulaziz Nyako (Adamawa) opted for the ADC.
With this, the APC has slim majority with 53 senators, while the PDP has 50. ADC and the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) have two senators each, bringing the total to 107 senators. Two seat are vacant in Bauchi and Katsina states following the demise of Senators Ali Wakili and Mustapha Bukar respectively.
One of the senators initially listed among defectors to PDP, Adesoji Rilwan Akanbi (Oyo State), later told journalists that he remains a bonafide member of the APC.
In the House of Representatives, 37 lawmakers of the APC left the party, with 32 joining the PDP, and four from Oyo State joining the ADC. hours after 15 senators from Buhari’s All Progressives Congress (APC) party defected.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/finally-saraki-opens-up-on-leaving-buhari-apc-262656.html
Lalasticlala oam4j mynd44
Can't wait seeing him leaving the party as he has been major bugbear in this administration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by saaron(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2018
FarahAideed:

Shut up !!!!! Is he the one that told Buhari to make all the poor economic decisions that led to the needless recession ?

Is he the one that told Buhari to keep protecting killed herdsmen to a point where Buhari became a suspect ?

Is he the one that told Buhari not to fix electricity till date ?

Is the one that told Buhari to increase tariff of anti malarials for no reason ?

Is he the one that told Buhari not to have an economic road map of where he is going?

Is he the one that told Buhari to practice divisiveness and nepotism openly?

Is he one that told Buhari to increase petrol prices and still end up paying four times more subsidy ?

Is he the one that to Buhari to be an unrepatant Bigot ?

My Friend Buhari is 100 percent responsible for all how own problems and his dwindling fortunes so much that his only hope of re election lies on rigging and result altering as it stands
Good Questions. Zombies are totally shameless.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2018
vedaxcool:
Thief go away
u mean he gave Yusuf Buhari the N55M for a toy called powerbike?

Woooow.

We are indeed *paitin kwarawshion*

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Mansur0107(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

if you really believed saraki has anything to do with robbery, then I give up all hopes of your recovery.
If you afraid of speaking against injustice, you are still a slave.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by MrPolitics: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2018
Mansur0107:

Saraki is the hope for common man after being alleged in Offa robbery case or because he has been helping you with his looting treasury.

Because Saraki needs to rob 40 million naira abi. Atleast reason as well. Does that make sense?
Besides the AGF has said the police don't have any evidence against Saraki

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by MrPolitics: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2018
Mansur0107:

If you afraid of speaking against injustice, you are still a slave.

Are u speaking about PMB's injustice to the people of NC who are being slaughtered daily?

Are u speaking of PMB's injustice be to the hundreds of shites including innocent women and children that were killed by the Army?

Are u speaking on PMB's injustice to Nigerians with his policies that have prevented people from feeding well or being able to pay sch fees for their kids?

Are u speaking on PMB's injustice by covering up corruption cases under him like that if Babachir Lawal, Maikanti Baru, IGP, Keli Adeosun etc

Are u speaking on PMB's injustice by turning deaf ears to teeming youths clamoring for a reform in SARS?

You must be a slave too

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by gagapodi: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2018
Clear as daylight
Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by CharleyBright(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2018
Yes Saraki, we know you will leave. You ought to.
We also know there are other APC members likely to leave too. Why not?
Why stay in a Bus that the Driver doesn't know the difference between the Brake Pedal and the Accelerator?

Pls Saraki tell me, what are the chances of Osibanjo continuing as Vice President in 2019? shocked
He seems too quiet about the happenings to be real.
Is it a matter of time too?

Saraki, I know you know a lot that will unfold soon, but pls just whisper and tell me a little... Seems like before the end of November Buhari will realise that he driving an empty bus... As his passengers would have left the bus for him. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2018
grin grin

Re: Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC by maestroferddi: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2018
Take a bolt step...leave before the ship sinks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyinbo Lady Calls For Dino Melaye’s Release, Nigerians React / Adams Oshiomhole's Wedding Picture / Saraki Admits His DSS Detail Masterminded Robbery Of N310M - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.