Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) (36197 Views)

The Return Of Parked Tankers On Expressways In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Finally, Parked Trucks Are Getting Off Expressways And Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by lorhema(f): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
OneStep3:
This is Nigeria.....

No maintenance culture.
The poor masses are more wicked than the elites.

Come to my area and see how they keep destroying borehole that was built by a serving State House Member.
Even Transformers are destroyed on daily bases.
It's Appalling.

People are so wicked and heartless, especially the very poor ones.

I wonder why they destroy these things. Could it be because they are angry with the class that install /provide them? They might vandalize the fences because they don't want to use the pedestrian bridges but why would they destroy transformers and boreholes.

Or do the area boys have to be 'settled' so the installations can be used for the purpose for which they were provided?
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Yankee101: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
Lol. I see these wires in the US and i think to myself, they'll be good for naija too...but then again...they would be vandalized...so I banished the thought. Just put up concrete wall sheets.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by newoffer: 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
Law enforcement in Lagos is very poor. We need active sanctions and enforcement of laws.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Edavi234: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
OneStep3:
This is Nigeria.....

No maintenance culture.
The poor masses are more wicked than the elites.

Come to my area and see how they keep destroying borehole that was built by a serving State House Member.
Even Transformers are destroyed on daily bases.
It's Appalling.

People are so wicked and heartless, especially the very poor ones.

Not just wicked, VERY WICKED AND SMALL MINDED FILLED WITH HATE, JEALOUSY AND DESTRUCTION.

Nigeria is really on along thing.

I will say this again - Nigeria as a name and country is ok but the level of abandon and destruction is the people. To every leader there are followers.

You make small progress, the jealousy will start from the family, then extended family, relatives, friends, neighbours, church members, etc FOR NO JUST CAUSE OR REASON.

So when you see poverty and suffering everywhere, one should know why - OUR MENTALITY AND MINDSET AS A PEOPLE AT WORK.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
Nigerians and their mentality once that particular thing is not theirs just watch how they will use, worst still if that particular thing happens to be government owned same goes 4 tenants in their various houses they occupy forgeting that they will one day build their own house that's how they will know how it feels to misuse anothers thing.....
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Xbee007(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

I live in Abuja I don't need to come. And before we go around debating this, please tell me about the contract. How it was awarded, and the extent to which the contractor implemented it. Please tell me where the Surveillance/control room was located. Tell me when the vandalization started also.
I know the contract itself was the definition of corruption but that doesn't mean people should add salt to injury.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by statusquoante: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2018
wahles:

Are u being sarcastic right now?

True.
The NSCDC is just useless.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by GistFullGround: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
Black people with the Black mentality

Nigerians see nothing good
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by sonsomegrigbo: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
Na igbo plenty pass for the Barracks area...

Anyway na their way..

They call it development...

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by statusquoante: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
Yankee101:
Lol. I see these wires in the US and i think to myself, they'll be good for naija too...but then again...they would be vandalized...so I banished the thought. Just put up concrete wall sheets.

Exactly @bolded
Some Nigerians are animals.
They will steal manhole covers, bridge/flyover railings etc etc
Quite pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by kay5you: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
Why can’t ambode just copy and paste Dubai embarassed
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Karemarealty288(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
www.karemarealty.com

Bringing your dream home to you.

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by mknigeriagreat: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2018
Xbee007:

I know the contract itself was the definition of corruption but that doesn't mean people should add salt to injury.

Not everyone is sane in this country
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by fabuloz1(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
calmbabadee:

You mean I have to be literate for me to know what is good and what is bad?

I beg to differ
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by OneStep3: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuhMubRaj:
See Your Big Mouth, Yen yen yen yen yen.
Lol! Is that all u could come up with?
Check reasonable and responsible people's opinion concerning this.

Oh! Now I know. You are very poor.
Sorry for that, it isn't my fault.

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Sagay212: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
Why barricade everywhere like you rearing animals? Why won't people destroy the rubbish barricades. How can you be looking at the place you are going to from the other side of the road but have to walk miles to climb a pedestrian bridge and then walk back no consideration for people with disability as well. Nonsense.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
izzou:
grin

Using very frail fences at bus stops was very senseless to me.

These things get touched and pushed by people every blessed day.

If you want to build a fence, there are very durable metals to use.

But then, wetin concern me?
Wow. A Nigerian that can THINK.
You are rare as you can see from the mundane comments from your fellow citizens.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by izzou(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
jerseyboy:

Wow. A Nigerian that can THINK.
You are rare as you can see from the mundane comments from your fellow citizens.

I don't see why the citizens are to be blamed

These fences are touched, pushed, leaned over and have contact with people or objects every blessed day. Why will such light and frail looking metals be used?

That shitty fence was bound to fall sooner than now sef.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by 2LESS(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
Edavi234:

Not just wicked, VERY WICKED AND SMALL MINDED FILLED WITH HATE, JEALOUSY AND DESTRUCTION.

Nigeria is really on along thing.

I will say this again - Nigeria as a name and country is ok but the level of abandon and destruction is the people. To every leader there are followers.

You make small progress, the jealousy will start from the family, then extended family, relatives, friends, neighbours, church members, etc FOR NO JUST CAUSE OR REASON.

So when you see poverty and suffering
everywhere, one should know why - OUR MENTALITY AND MINDSET AS A PEOPLE AT WORK.

So in other words, you were wicked and jealous before you made it?
When did wickedness and jealousy become a class or status issue?
Stop making unverified general assertions.

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wow

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by engrDTIN(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
I don't blame does that are destroying it but blame the body that refuses to adhere to quality materials due to corruption,,, this wasn't the materials Lagos State started with initially, check those along lekki ajah express way, it's quite different from those invoke right now, why? because the lekki ajah express way own is very expensive but the quality is there which is produce by a company called COCHRANE which head office is located in johannesburg South Africa.. It was actually called ClearVu fence but they were side lined by LAMATA due to corruption because I don't see reason for not going for quality things but prefer the locally made produce here in Nigeria with very low specification ( of which you can see everywhere) That material you're seeing can't withstand such environmental factors...
Advice LAMATA to go for COchrane materials...

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by opegold11: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
izzou:
grin

Using very frail fences at bus stops was very senseless to me.

These things get touched and pushed by people every blessed day.

If you want to build a fence, there are very durable metals to use.

But then, wetin concern me?

Its like you don't know people in this country. Its sad that you still find people going over the concrete barricade at Mile 12 with thick sharp pointed metal edges on top of it. I guess its not about the nature or material used for a fence but the orientation of the people.

i don't know why people find it difficult to do the right thing.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by izzou(m): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
opegold11:

Its like you don't know people in this country. Its sad that you still find people going over the concrete barricade at Mile 12 with thick sharp pointed metal edges on top of it. I guess its not about the nature or material used for a fence but the orientation of the people.

i don't know why people find it difficult to do the right thing.

Even if they use those fences in the UK, as long as those things encounter people everyday, it is bound to fall.

Haven't you seen the rails on pedestrian bridges? Do they look frail? Do you know why? Because people are bound to touch them, fall on them, hit them, lean on them, and do all sort of things to them.

Those things were never strong in the first place. Let's tell ourselves the truth
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Edavi234: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
2LESS:

So in other words, you were wicked and jealous before you made it?
When did wickedness and jealousy become a class or status issue?
Stop making unverified general assertions.

MENTALITY AND MINDSET OF A PEOPLE AT WORK. undecided
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by RexTramadol1: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
mynaijadj:
How are the wire mesh Ambode's?

I wonder o!

Ambode don dey donate e don tey......even bridges.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by winsh: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
since when. I remember when they put them near Jibowu, the next day they had started tearing it up. SOmetimes I just wonder if there is something wrong with majority of black people. Is something wrong with a good percentage of Blacks? Even on third mainland bridge, they have been stealing those metal railings put on the bridge since the early 90s. May this stupid trait not pass to the next generations
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Edavi234: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
izzou:

Even if they use those fences in the UK, as long as those things encounter people everyday, it is bound to fall.

Haven't you seen the rails on pedestrian bridges? Do they look frail? Do you know why? Because people are bound to touch them, fall on them, hit them, lean on them, and do all sort of things to them.

Those things were never strong in the first place. Let's tell ourselves the truth

The mindset and mentality of the people - in this part of the world people just find it too difficult to do the right things.
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by winsh: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
they will break them down too,
Yankee101:
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by izzou(m): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
Edavi234:

The mindset and mentality of the people - in this part of the world people just find it too difficult to do the right things.

Have you ever seen where those fences are being erected? You will know that six months is pretty much for them to last. They just bore holes and put screws... Very funny

People will definitely touch them, lean on them, hit them, kick them and do all sorta rubbish to them. It's the duty of the government to fix something that can withstand all these for a long period of time, at least

Like I said, even if you put it in the UK, as long as people will come in contact with it every single day, it is bound to fall
Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Orpe7(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
Either Autojosh already has an appointment with the LASG or he is seeking one. Cus recently e don turn LASG eagle eye grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) by Cmanforall: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
We need CCTVs on our streets God knows. Imagine a control room where they are watching every pedestrians on their screens and the moment you do something criminal like this, they alert the next police vehicle around there with your pictures. Even if they can't arrest them immediately, their pictures should be shared with price tag on who can lead police to them. Fines and bail money realized from all these can be used to manage the system and pay the staff and even who knows might be a means of generating funds for the government.
Good idea. But unfortunately, the same people will vandalize the cctv. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Beautiful Photos From Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.