Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS (16416 Views)

Lawan, Abaribe Trade Words Over Conduct Of 2019 Polls / INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by EternalTruths: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2018
bettercreature:
This is why i hate democracy.Imagine begin people to do what they are paid to do

Why not board a canoe to North Korea.?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bettercreature(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2018
EternalTruths:

I dont have money for it
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2018
Newpride:
Presidency is doing everything to be democratic and follow due process.

If the presidency decides to cut off them, nothing will I’ll happen but some people will say the presidency is acting undemocratic.
Why is the budget for election 242 billion?

4 Likes

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by TheVerdict: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2018
coolcharm:
Who is the presidency? grin

We all knew there was going to be elections in 2019. So, why was it not captured in the 2018 budget?

Saraki and Dogara, make una no gree o. Or at least do shakara small.

Let Buhari and his short sighted advisers and team pay for their cluelessnes.

Guy, budget is periodic. Do u make plans for 2019 in 2017? Never mind that the 2018 budget was approved so late, budget for 2019 can only be presented in 2018...still confused?
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by jollyjarkofgod: 10:31am On Jul 27, 2018
Cancel the election and share the money to Nigeria citizen...let baba continue....atiku will add more pain
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by joeyswift(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2018
They are in need of money to fund campaigns. Saraki is trying to frustrate their effort. Sai saraki

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Newpride(m): 10:37am On Jul 27, 2018

In 2015, $625m which is almost #125b at the exchange rate of #200 per $1 was approved for the general election. If u do ur calculations well it’s same thing with the current exchange at #350 per $1.

#FACT#

1 Like

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bedspread: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2018
[s]
madridguy:
I don't see reason spending N242bn on election that is already a walk over for Sai Baba. The Presidency should leave the rogues with their madness.

Election or no election, Sai Baba is unshakable.

Carry go Baba, make you stop for 2023 Bus-Stop make Prof. Osibanjo take the mantle from there.

As for the wailers ranting below me, una go wail tire.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Babacele: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2018
whether they approve it or not ,many of them are not coming back in 2019. We would find a way round it. We go shock una.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by EternalTruths: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2018
bettercreature:
I dont have money for it

Then swim to North Korea.

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Babacele: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2018
Newpride:

In 2015, $625m which is almost #125b at the exchange rate of #200 per $1 was approved for the general election. If u do ur calculations well it’s same thing with the current exchange at #350 per $1.

#FACT#
wailers won't understand that because such education is strange to them.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Tundeobama(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2018
madridguy:
I don't see reason spending N242bn on election that is already a walk over for Sai Baba. The Presidency should leave the rogues with their madness.

Election or no election, Sai Baba is unshakable.

Carry go Baba, make you stop for 2023 Bus-Stop make Prof. Osibanjo take the mantle from there.

As for the wailers ranting below me, una go wail tire.
continuity that helped lagos is what this administration need i agree with you..
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2018
Newpride:

#FACT#

BMC member.

We use the naira here.

Stop deceiving and insulting ur self in public. Do the calculations ur self, It's 108 billion naira for the 2015 election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by maasoap(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2018
They don't have to. Who are the primary beneficiaries of the approval? Are they not the ones fighting for automatic tickets up and down? Mtchewww!
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by maasoap(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2018
EternalTruths:

He made sense, you didn't.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by ojobek: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2018
saaron:
The siege at the premises of Senate president and his deputy was to hasten the passage of N242 billion pocket money for buhari's reelection bid had their failed coup succeeded.
You speak my mind!!!

1 Like

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by ojobek: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2018
saaron:
The siege at the premises of Senate president and his deputy was to hasten the passage of N242 billion pocket money for buhari's reelection bid had their failed coup succeeded.
You speak my mind

1 Like

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Newpride(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2018
BMC member.

We use the naira here.

Stop deceiving and insulting ur self in public. Do the calculations ur self, It's 108 billion naira for the 2015 election.

In 2015, $625m was released not naira. Why would it be made in dollars in 2015 and u suddenly know we don’t spend dollar in 2018.

Pls bring ur fact before u dispute me foolishly and blindly. It’s was $625m dollars.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Bizibi(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2018
Something they should have done since!!!! This people expect us to wait till September.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by cytell56: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2018
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2018
Sharpshooota:
APC and Buhari really wants money to loot...

They have their eyes fixated on this election money

Bunch of corrupt fools
All una PDP vultures no get sense. Did GEJ ask for virement before using Dasuki to loot the tresury at the CBN? Did FFK, FAYOSE, Deizani, Bode George, Bafarawa etc, tell you good for nothing bast--ds that they collected money from the NASS or the Budget? Look,if Buhari wan carry money from CBN, nobody go know.
Buhari is trying to do the right thing by not spending any money without NASS approval. Lets give him the chance to do it so that others can follow.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bettercreature(m): 11:13am On Jul 27, 2018
EternalTruths:

Then swim to North Korea.
Get me a life Jacket
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by mexxmoney: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2018
Abeg make una approve am o, enough of waiting till middle of a year before approving the budget for the year
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by smilinfaze: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2018
Buhari said INEC and security agencies needed N242bn for the 2019 general elections. He asked that N164bn be vired to fund the polls while the balance of N78bn would be covered by the 2019 budget.

I don't think we need such an amount for 2019 election. This is another way of looting this country dry!!!
Honestly if you have such an amount to waste on an election that we all know that our security agencies are not capable of coordinating. we need to wake up Nigerian's there are hospital infrastructures,Road construction,Railway etc that needs to built to take care of Nigeria needs but this people will continue to fight for there pocket just to enrich themselves.

I think we need to eliminate the Money factor in the conduct of our election. if you have N242bn to spend on an election of just 2-3day with a population of 200million Nigerians WHY ARE WE POOR IN THE COUNTRY
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
All una PDP vultures no get sense. Did GEJ ask for virement before using Dasuki to loot the tresury at the CBN? Did FFK, FAYOSE, Deizani, Bode George, Bafarawa etc, tell you good for nothing bast--ds that they collected money from the NASS or the Budget? Look,if Buhari wan carry money from CBN, nobody go know.
Buhari is trying to do the right thing by not spending any money without NASS approval. Lets give him the chance to do it so that
others can follow.

What changed?? He didn't do the right thing when the courts told him to release Dasuki and Kanu. He didn't do the right thing when he sent his boys to arrest federal judges without warrants, he didn't do the right thing when he refused to prosecute Maina. What changed now?? Quit deceiving yourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Bizibi(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2018
Printerscanner:
This Presidency is crazy. Please let NASS be on recession and not pass INEC budget. If no money for INEC, then no election and the current office holders will continue in office till further notice. Presidency, Presidency, Presidency, make una no vex me oooo. No money, no election.
they will do it but what surprises me is the way both arm of government have been playing with the budget for projects for this year.contractors will have to wait again till September and the year is running fast.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by engineerboat(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2018
Newpride:

#FACT#

1 Like

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Bimpe29: 11:26am On Jul 27, 2018
Ineffective Presidency ever experienced by Nigerians... It lacks respect for rule of law and checks & balance. Why begging now? Go ahead and spend without appropriation by the NASS, after all you bought the fighter jet without recourse to NASS.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Felixv: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2018
Recess in full pay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibafo Women's Threat To Bare Their Breast To IBEDC Results To Improved Power Sup / PDP Caucus Directs Members to Support any APC Candidates of their Choice / Buhari Inaugurates NEC, Asks Them To Focus On Economic Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.