Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C (17943 Views)

Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me / AKSU Student Suspended Indefinitely For Calling Her V.C “foolish” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Buffalowings3(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Adedove:
It is a decision on moral ground hence it is expected to raise eyebrows. I personally support the decision because tattoo is a mark depicting irresponsibility. Applying make-ups on faces and tattoo on the skin are prohibited in the Force all over the world - the major reason for discipline. I condemn the FSARS that harass people mainly because of the way they are dressed. On the other hand the VC to the institution in question has made known, in clear terms, to the public that personr bearing tattoos should not bother to seek admission into the institution. Seeking admission is not by force and bearing tattoo is not by force. Comply with the law and if you have any complaints, lodge to the appropriate quarters.

What morality.
So it is tattoo that is your headache not the country being fantastically corrupt.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Buffalowings3(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Maximus85:

Cristiano Ronaldo don't have one sir. This is a criteria for a top role model.

The G.O.A.T has tattoo undecided undecided
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Buffalowings3(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
Well
Now is time for the cults to dispense with tattoos den undecided
Nonsense
So no cultists in the school.
Yinmu
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by osazeeblue01: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
Nice one.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Ikpongiton: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
when I say Ibibio people are backward people doubt me...pathetic
those thatch houses in nsukka and obulla offor,the girls with knock-knees and insects infested feet are true signs of progress and modernity.kidnaper somebody .

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by ayaside(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Buffalowings3:

I'm tired sad
I won't be surprised if there curriculum is still stuck in the 60s
And to think that people will okay them for this ridiculous stand..More like there is no second chance.Education is supposed to reform and transform an individual.Some guys with tattoos are the nicest people..Education taught me never to judge a BOOK by its cover.Such an irony.

4 Likes

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Adedove(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Buffalowings3:

What morality.
So it is tattoo that is your headache not the country being fantastically corrupt.
Tattoo is not my headche, your inability to understand the point of view of the VC is my headache.

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by xandy84: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
My Pastor has tattoo.. Guess he is not going to heaven as per Naija judgement.. We are backward in everything, even common sense...

Maximus85:

Cristiano Ronaldo don't have one sir. This is a criteria for a top role model.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Adedove(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
ayaside:

And to think that people will okay them for this ridiculous stand..More like there is no second chance.Education is supposed to reform and transform an individual.Some guys with tattoos are the nicest people..Education taught me never to judge a BOOK by its cover.Such an irony.
You do not need to judge a book by its cover but you can identify a book by its cover.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Ikpongiton: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
EmmyDJourno:

Does a tattoo make one any less intelligent than someone else

Schools are made to enlighten the masses to trigger productivity.... Not discriminate
the v.c. points in clear terms is about character and learning while you are pointing to devilish intelligent
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
adidison:

No offence intended, but for real after I read your post, I looked at the your name ... only thing I could think of was "DonMumu" ... Buhari disappointed me sha. I was thinking he'll fight curroption and atleast bring back small discipline but ...
....He has done more than that. Wawa biri
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
gare:

how old are you ?
As old as popsy at home
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Iko5000: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
So no Fulani then as they have local tatoos . No local africans that have tribal tatoos . Why not add tribal marks smh

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by EmmyDJourno: 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ikpongiton:
the v.c. points in clear terms is about character and learning while you are pointing to devilish intelligent

Good luck to you and your Heavenly intelligence grin

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by AZeD1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Adedove:
Tattoo is not my headche, your inability to understand the point of view of the VC is my headache.

The VC has no point, its a public funded school not his personal property.

2 Likes

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by micflo28(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
Great decision. Tattoos were used to identify prisoners. That is bad history not worthy of association. You need tatoos, wait till you are done with school and out, else look for another school.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by AZeD1(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
Adedove:
Applying make-ups on faces and tattoo on the skin are prohibited in the Force all over the world - the major reason for discipline.

I know the Canadian Police allows people with tattoos, the Canadian military only disallows tattoos on the face , neck and ear.
The US Navy allows tattoos on the neck.
The UK allows tattoos expect those on the neck and face.
Don't say what you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by micflo28(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
AZeD1:

The VC has no point, its a public funded school not his personal property.
He becomes your academic father and an acolyte of discipline once you become admitted into the school. Do you know most cultists are identified by their different tattoos. That is not worth accepting in a university.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by AZeD1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
micflo28:
He becomes your academic father and an acolyte of discipline once you become admitted into the school. Do you know most cultists are identified by their different tattoos. That is not worth accepting in a university.
So a VC can a ban a certain religious cert from the school because he doesn't like them?

How the f**k did Nigeria end up with so many idiots?

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Ikpongiton: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
when I say Ibibio people are backward people doubt me...pathetic
see ndume achara boy forming modernity
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by micflo28(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
AZeD1:

So a VC can a ban a certain religious cert from the school because he doesn't like them?

How the f**k did Nigeria end up with so many idiots?
Get the tattoos, apply to the school and live your f*cked life the way you wish son. lipsrsealed
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by AZeD1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
micflo28:
Get the tattoos, apply to the school and live your f*cked life the way you wish son. lipsrsealed
Boy I finished school a long time ago. You'd do well to educate yourself on public policy.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Chynna(f): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Misplaced Priorities undecided

3 Likes

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Onogiede(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
DonDemu:
I Love Baba Buhari with the whole of my heart. I wish he can be President for Life. I wish. How I wish.
the difference between you and goat is just horns because u actually proses goat character

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by ayaside(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Adedove:
You do not need to judge a book by its cover but you can identify a book by its cover.
I doubt..The cover most times ain't what the book is so all about.Some covers are just misleading.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by micflo28(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
AZeD1:

Boy I finished school a long time ago. You'd do well to educate yourself on public policy.
Aite, have some peace now kiss tongue
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sooooo....you ask intending students to strip abi what?
And what if someone gains admission, joins a cult and then gets a tattoo?
Questions, Questions!
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mcoutureankara:
BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

The Vice Chancellor of the Akwa Ibom University, Prof. Eno James Ibanga, said his university does not give admission to students with tattoos.

He made the disclosure in an interview with newsmen, saying that students are thoroughly screened before being admitted, also to check that they do not belong to cults. One of the criteria for admission is the no-tattoo policy.

Source;
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/07/27/no-place-for-students-with-tattoos-at-aksu-v-c/

As much as I dislike tattoos, I think this decision is bonkers. No regard for the human right of the individual.
I almost thought this decision was meant for primary school kids.

2 Likes

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by cococandy(f): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bunch of rettards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Freeman50(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
damoskiy:
They would strip them to check for tatoos ?
ofcus, they will trick you to go for medicals. The males and females will be directed to separate rooms. You will be instructed to remove all your clothes expect the undies and your name will be ticked on the list if no mark is found.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by MissRaine69(f): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
muzeze77:
How did this man get a PhD, maybe from the same school as Jonathan. So every one with a tattoo is a cultist and those without are not cultist. Wonderful
That’s Nigerian Logic for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNILAG Becomes First Nigerian University To Get TV License – Official / Different Types Of Teachers In Government Primary School (photos) / Nairaland Interschool debate third edition Quarter Finals: Winner 4 UNILORIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.