Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up (10159 Views)

Five (5) Reasons Why Some People Are Unemployable - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by patani(m): 7:52am On Jul 28, 2018
Like I keep telling people, it’s better to work for a smaller bank than the old big ones(assuming you get offer from UBA and SunTrust). You get Promoted faster than the old ones, where your Daddy’s mate will be your team lead. How do you want to get promoted?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by emperorblog(m): 7:52am On Jul 28, 2018
NEED A BUSINESS IDEA VISIT

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by gabicon: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2018
Please evaluate the vision of the startup and the character of its leader befor joining one. Many startups don't have a well thought out plan, yes things on paper may look different in reality, the vision needs to accommodate these realities. Secondly if the leader is egocentric and not a people person that's a big problem cos a leader of a startup needs to ensure that members of the team love what they are doing and he provides enough inspiration for them to perform. Thirdly mutual respect some people carry the CEO title like they are gods showing little or no respect to employees, well the time will come when the leader will require sacrifice of his employees, its that time you reap what you have sown. If you have done well expect positve if you have done poorly expect the latter.

One skill everyone looking for a job needs to develop is the ability to read people.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by jeunJEJE: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2018
This is true
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by yorex2011: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2018
Only the ones who think deeply understand the truth in this.

You learn and grow really fast.
I worked at a small startup as a web developer, We weren't much so I literally had to do everything, front end, back end, support, sales, graphics. Pay was small but I realized I only had my intellect to offer and no tangible experience as it was my first job.

When I eventually left after 2 years, I was worth 5 times more than when I started.

I had friends who earned twice or more what I earned, or more sef. But it didn't deter me one bit.

Think about increasing your value. Money will come... Because its attracted to value.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by cogonnaya(m): 8:30am On Jul 28, 2018
I agree totally with you, especially on the area of multitasking but most times they end up enslaving their staff because they will work like elephant and eat like ant.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by dbynonetwork: 8:47am On Jul 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
They'll sooo use you like rag

Then look for a government job...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 28, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Then look for a government job...
i am looking
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by TEYA: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
They'll sooo use you like rag
They just go online and download trash that is completely inapplicable to our country.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2018
you can demand equity and who knows the company might become facebook tomorrow smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by nittroboy(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2018
Where is the capital

Yungwizzzy28:
Why not just start your own start up ??
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by Dollabiz: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2018
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by nittroboy(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2018
theory X (Lazy youth)

TEYA:

They just go online and download trash that is completely inapplicable to our country.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by akanbiaa(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2018
OP even Lebanese and Indian owned startup in Nigeria?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by MobileGees: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2018
They will over use you
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by dbynonetwork: 11:33am On Jul 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
i am looking

Lazy Nigerian Youth... wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by FrankTalk1: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Start ups are good places to learn the basics of running a company or firm of your own.

However, there are 16 MARKETING TIPS ALL ENTREPRENEURS MUST KNOW TO SUCCEED.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Lazy Nigerian Youth... wink
i can't comman kill myself
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by dbynonetwork: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
i can't comman kill myself

Na so ooh..... Happy weekend....
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by Quee: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2018
Ok.. FTC on this one.. Dedicate it to Those of us with PVC and gearing to do the needful come 2019.. Vote wisely yo avoid another 4 years of regret. Thank you[/quote]

And if I may ask whom do u wanna vote for?.we all wanna vote out Buhari. Who are we voting in??
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by Quee: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2018
cutefergiee:
Ok.. FTC on this one.. Dedicate it to Those of us with PVC and gearing to do the needful come 2019.. Vote wisely yo avoid another 4 years of regret. Thank you
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Start-up by rita1234: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2018
Working in a start-up could be a great way to build your work experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of Shortlisted Candidates For NAF DSSC Interview Exercise 2018 / JOBS TIPS: Here Are 4 Exclusive Tips For Human-Human Networking As A Job Seeker / Murder of Iniobong Umoren: Court To Deliver Judgement August 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.