Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Super Eagles Players Pay Tribute To Ikeme On Retirement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Players Pay Tribute To Ikeme On Retirement (285 Views)

George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks / No Going Back On Retirement From Super Eagles – Victor Moses / Super Eagles Players Pay Tribute To Carl Ikem after He Announced His Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Pay Tribute To Ikeme On Retirement by solbase10(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Tributes from Super Eagles players poured in for Carl Ikeme on Friday after the Nigeria international and Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper announced his retirement from football, reports [url]Completesportsnigeria.com[/url].

Ikeme called time on his football career after consulting medical experts following his battle against acute leukaemia.

The 32 year old had in July revealed that he was in “complete remission” after “a tough year and intense chemotherapy”.

Ikeme who kept six clean sheets in ten games for Nigeria and never lost a competitive game while in action for the Super Eagles posted a statement on Instagram thanking everyone: “After advice from the doctors I have taken the decision to retire.

“It’s not a sad day for me but one to look back with fondness and joy for being able to live my dream. I just want to thank everyone at @wolves for their support over the years. We have rode the good and bad times together, an I’m great-full to of been a part of the clubs history. I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone again soon and being back around the club and city!! Thank You!!!

“We are going to miss you, wish you luck brother ������,” Leicester City forward, Ahmed Musa, wrote on Instagram.

Chelsea defender, Kenneth Omeruo also admitted he would have loved to play more with the 32 year old who he regarded as a legend.

“I would have love to play with you more my bro @carlikeme ..But am happy you will be with us in good health.. You are a legend bro.. and am sure Nigerians will miss seeing you in the national team.. Good luck my brother and like u said, it’s not a sad day.. ❤ where is the retirement party do �����������,”Omeruo wrote also on Instagram.

Super Eagles vice-captain Ogenyi Onazi also wrote: “Thank God for your life and your health, this is most important bro ❤❤���� @carlikeme.”

Daniel Akpeyi who was one of the Super Eagles goalkeepers to the 2018 FIFA World Cup also wrote: “Thank God you got your life back bro, better things ahead.”

John Ogu added: “Thank God for restoring back you Health. And Good luck with your next Chapter. ❤❤❤.”

ikeme-super eagles-wolves-completesportsnigeria.com-csn

Victor Anichebe wrote in response to Ikeme’s post on Instagram: “One door closes and another opens. Good Luck with your next chapter. God bless.”

Ikeme’s former coach at Wolves Walter Zenga also wishes him well in his retirement.

“@carlikeme, was a big pleasure for me to have you in my time at @wolves … I wish for you all the best .. my thoughts always with you… big hug � #onceawolfalwaysawolf WZ,” Zenga wrote via his handle on Instagram walterzenga_official.

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/super-eagles-players-pay-tribute-to-ikeme-on-retirement/

Re: Super Eagles Players Pay Tribute To Ikeme On Retirement by LuciferChristi: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
Wetin?!

Did this mulatto play up to 20 matches for us sef?
Re: Super Eagles Players Pay Tribute To Ikeme On Retirement by Ingocof(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Carl Ikeme, congratulations for your victory over the sickness, we would have
love to have you in the super eagles for your experience and calmness but your health Worth's much more, God bless your next adventure

(1) (Reply)

Free Tips, Get Free Membership / UEFA Raise Doping Ban From Six To 18 Months On Samir Nasri / Iwobi Commits Future To Gunners Saying Arsenal Has Always Been His Dream team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.