Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier (23023 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Nigeria Air: New National Carrier To Take Off First Quarter 2022 – Hadi Sirika / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
This is going to be the only thing buhari did for Nigeria....funny enough he hasn't even started if you ask me....I release grace to complete it smiley
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Appdriod: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
40,000 youth to choose name?
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by alphaconde(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
k
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by johnaruson(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Which 400,000 Nigerian youths? Virtual or reality? Scammers in action.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Jaqenhghar: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
The thing never start operation una don dey talk 10 things
SMH
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Jeswino: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
Why can't they wait till December to unveil it.

2019 is coming so they will use future tense to campaign.

Minimum wage thingy too na when 4 years don almost expire.

I do not believe the FG.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Beedude(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
kaen1317:
The fact that we can't successfully float and maintain a national carrier goes to tell us that there's something very wrong with Nigeria. Look at Ethiopia, South Africa, Kenya just to mention a few in Africa. Giant of Africa my aassss
Even ordinary Rwanda get airline . I hope we can manage this at the long run
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by socialmediaman: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
post=69759231:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

yet to see your response to my comments in the other post you drew my attention to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by kaymandak(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
kaen1317:
National carrier on paper
Can you just for once be positive in your life?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Q3(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
autojosh:
On July 18, 2018, the Minister of State, Aviation; Captain Hadi Sirika at the Farnborough International Public Airshow in London, announced the planned launch of a new national carrier “Nigeria Air”.

Nigeria Air came to replace the defunct national carrier “Air Nigeria” which ceased operation on 10th September 2012.

Autojosh.com presents to you “11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier ‘Nigeria Air’ ”

Nigeria Air is a business and not a social service and it’s set for take-off on December 24, 2018.

The Government will not hold shares beyond five per cent (5%) at the top most.

About 400,000 Nigerian youths were engaged to arrive at the name – “Nigeria Air”.

The employment opportunities goes to Nigerians first before it goes outside.

The government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it. The investors will have full responsibility for this.

Every Public servants must fly Nigerian carriers (Nigeria Air).

The Federal Government will provide $55m upfront grant for Nigeria Air.

Nigeria Air is a totally different entity from the defunct carriers “Air Nigeria and Nigerian Airways”.

Ethiopian Airlines will have a stake in the company.

The government is in negotiations with Airbus and Boeing to provide a fleet for the new national airline

The airline is looking at 81 potential destinations.

Don’t forget to like, rate and share

https://autojosh.com/11-things-you-should-know-about-nigeria-air/

10. Ethopian Airline does have a stake yet, Ethopian airline is signifying interest, but they do not have anything to offer the National Carrier, as their so called Ethiopian airline too was leveraged on statrt up, There is greater prospect and gain if it is managed by Qatar or the Middle East Investors
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
400 thousand youths just to arrive at name??
Na wah o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Xpress24(m): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2018

our govt can lie eh[/quote]smiley
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Akolawole(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
kaen1317:
The fact that we can't successfully float and maintain a national carrier goes to tell us that there's something very wrong with Nigeria. Look at Ethiopia, South Africa, Kenya just to mention a few in Africa. Giant of Africa my aassss

Only Ethiopia was able to maintain theirs up till today.

30 years ago the same Ethiopia used to hire our expertise to maintain their airline.

Good news to Nigeria. Let see how we handle this!
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by gcof(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
tstx:

our govt can lie eh
just like we were told no govt official will go overseas for medical treatment
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
socialmediaman:

yet to see your response to my comments in the other post you drew my attention to
Oh, we thought You were actually the one we told we will be back to respond to your earlier message bro.
We just saw it is another person that commented on the same thread.
Yours is a long, detailed and well-written comment bro.
We wanna take time out to respond and not rush it, hence the space we kept for the reply.
Weekend gonna be a bit hectic work-wise.
But we are going to reply most definitely.
Cheers man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by tstx(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
gcof:
just like we were told no govt official will go overseas for medical treatment
Exactly
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Daddyzee: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hahahahaha

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by otokx(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
tstx:

our govt can lie eh

What they mean is if public servants for example in Port Harcourt have a conference to attend in Abuja they must use patronize Nigeria Air unless if they can prove that the flight is fully booked then they can try Air Peace, Aero etc.
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Litmus: 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
bunlizlaw:
I just hope there would be proper maintenance.It's a beautiful initiative though.

If Nigeria relies on maintenance abroad in addition to fees needing to be paid for parking on foreign airports then profit margins will gradually become untenable especially since all fees will be cranked up over time. Airlines often survive on marginal profits. Nigeria must learn to be self reliant in some areas of maintenance or be taking to the cleaners. I don't know for sure but i'm guessing that something like this help kill former Nigeria airways.

Some airport fees:

Runway Charges

Passenger Charges

Security Charges

Infrastructure Charges

Parking Charges

Environmental Charges

Terminal Navigation Charges

Government Taxes

Etc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Exposedforall: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
Failed investment. Nigeria is a shot hole kwon3
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by MakeNigeriaGrea: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2018
kenonze:
More than 90% of those criticising this Nigeria Air apparently do not have an idea what its all about.
I disagree with number 10
I disagree with no3 and 4. So none of the 400,000 youths can make logo abi.
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2018

About 400,000 Nigerian youths were engaged to arrive at the name – “Nigeria Air”.

So the best thing the so called 400,000 APC youths could come up with is to swap Air Nigeria with Nigeria Air? And that became the winning entry? You are gonna have to publish all the 400,000 entries for Nigerians to see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Dee60: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sweet talk!

A lot of things amiss here.

The owner of 95% does not have a say in the logo construction!

The owner of 95% would not have a say in the 81 destinations the carrier is going to!

Where is that done?

But we have to give them a benefit of doubt!

Just that I am wondering how a nation that spends a whole year to prepare and approve a paper budget now wants to set up a whole airline, national carrier in FIVE months. Does it really work that way? Sounds really clueless. But we shall see. Please hurry up.
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by Wisdomhood: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2018

I am not understanding!!! Na so the name hard to get!!! Nigeria Air! they don't need to go through that stress! one person can arrive at the name!
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by klax(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
Pls what kind of nonsense is this God sake God. Why do Nigerian talk too much blabla blabla blublu blorblor. Which national carrier are you talking about? The logo or the media propaganda?

We only saw logo we have not seen a single airplane nor heard some had being purchased and are on the way and these much noise everywhere talking blabla.

This was how one Siriki or Srilanka who claimed to be minister of aviation already stipulating penalties for people who do not patronize the fake logo air carrier I don't just get this madness it's pissing me off.

Wait let's see the aircraft first before 11 points or 30 reasons. What the hell is all these plenty talk?
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by kolaish(m): 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
autojosh:
On July 18, 2018, the Minister of State, Aviation; Captain Hadi Sirika at the Farnborough International Public Airshow in London, announced the planned launch of a new national carrier “Nigeria Air”.

Nigeria Air came to replace the defunct national carrier “Air Nigeria” which ceased operation on 10th September 2012.

Autojosh.com presents to you “11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier ‘Nigeria Air’ ”

Nigeria Air is a business and not a social service and it’s set for take-off on December 24, 2018.

The Government will not hold shares beyond five per cent (5%) at the top most.

The employment opportunities goes to Nigerians first before it goes outside.

The government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it. The investors will have full responsibility for this.

The Federal Government will provide $55m upfront grant for Nigeria Air.

Nigeria Air is a totally different entity from the defunct carriers “Air Nigeria and Nigerian Airways”.

Ethiopian Airlines will have a stake in the company.

The government is in negotiations with Airbus and Boeing to provide a fleet for the new national airline

The airline is looking at 81 potential destinations.

Don’t forget to like, rate and share

https://autojosh.com/11-things-you-should-know-about-nigeria-air/

STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF, THINKING YOU ARE DECEIVING OTHERS, POSTERITY WILL JUDGE YOU. YOU MAY AS WELL TELL NIGERIANS THAT ALL THAT HAVE BEEN SPENT SO FAR FOR THIS "BOUND TO FAIL" PROJECT WAS DONE FREE OF CHARGE FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BY GOOD SAMARITANS.
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by fashrola(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Nigeria Air is a business and not a social service and it’s set for take-off on December 24, 2018

Bookmarked, I go remind you soon
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by sakaman23(m): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
at list we can call it ours and we will be able to dictate flight fees
Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by engrhorla(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
bunlizlaw:
I just hope there would be proper maintjenance.It's a beautiful initiative though.

Abi o.

Make them maintain the name Nigeria Airlines well.

Because as far as I am concerned, Nigeria only launched logo and name

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier by nobilie: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Government is providing $55M and will not own more than 5% shares. The investment must be very large. So, how much are the other investors injecting? Who exactly are the other partners?
If Nigerians are not provided with this information, then, there's a possibility of a huge scam in it. God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bridge Collapses In Bauchi, 4 Students Killed, 8 Others Injured (Photos, Video) / Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) / Update On Yaba-Oyingbo And Ebutte Metta Flyovers For Lagos Rail Line (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.