Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke (37978 Views)

2 Undergraduates Of Ambrose Alli University Killed In Edo Cult Clash (Photos) / If You Are Broke, It Is Your Fault! / What Not To Eat When Burning Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Damfostopper(m): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mr Op..... even average students like me do take all these things Yu mention even when im not broke.....

as for me.... na only drinking garri with groundnut and biscuits go show say account dey read minus
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by mtngloetiartel: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
LuciferChristi:
7. Okpa (& garri)
8. Indomie
9. Spaghetti
10. Stolen chicken
stolen chicken? U are a real lucifer
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by lonelydora: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ivimilly:

i been dey Eni-Njowu that year sef but for a year I had to move off campus so I could shine Congo wella grin grin

I stayed in Eni Njoku for 2 years. I moved to Off campus (Beach junction) in my 3rd year
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Jorkpast(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
". Risky Burger is a combination of bread and suya and apart from Garri,"

At Great Ife ( OAU ), risky burger is bread and egg. I chop dat tin tire.
What of dos delicious noodles at Risky

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by lordknows123: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
before I graduate i dey use indomie drink garri ....na nice concept make una try am abeg
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by lonelydora: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mekanus:
Superlion, it's "okpa di oku". Come see as students dy struggle for Eni-Njoku hall then just to buy okpa.

Typo error. I stayed in Eni Njoku.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Powerexpert: 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
Cashew and mango self no bad. Chai! that year those fruits for Buka side in Unilorin dem hear am. There is competition self to get the fruits as guys dey broke.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Jamesayo: 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
Man must survive, no forming. Students are rugged anytime
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by obinoral1179(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
This post brought back memories..... I was loyal to a seller at the front of my hostel and she once told me that bro kulikuli ti wa ooooooo on my way back from school, I was like naso life be.... But all the way we thank God

5 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Thewesterner(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

I tire for the OP oooo... Risky Burger na bread and egg combo ooo

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Bjornson01(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Jamesrock:

Guy, I survived on water for a week... u can't imagine when I started eating Fresh bitter leaf
thats some great vegetarian diet If you ask me...�

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by tenmariner: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
I once licked toothpaste as there was no food, no money...

Another time, saw one abandoned yam dat was already growing leaf under the bed. After cooking we had to use goya anointing oil to eat d yam!!!

#university of Ibadan

12 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by PrincessB1(f): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
donbachi:
I could remember the day i was expecting cash from my dad as a student.and i had 10k with me,i took my friends to a very nice bar,bought drinks.just for me to call my dad next day,he told me to be patient that he will send me cash 1week time.i had to borrow cash from a friend.i ate bread and mineral for one week...to shit become problem.i begin cry for toilet.for 3days.i no go ever 4get dat experience.

grin grin You for sharperly take oranges / popcorn or you rather get dulcolax med.

Well, It's all part of life experience.
Everyone has a victorious story to narrate at the end thereof cool
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by udo2018: 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
You guys should stop glorifying poverty, starving as an undergrad is not normal.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by trinity11(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Oil rice is bae
back2back

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by trinity11(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2018
Oil rice is bae
back2back
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by AdeniyiA(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bread and toothpaste ... shocked

grin
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by dayoakinns(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
BabaIbo:

ahahahahah, correct man, that buns wey dey coily* (wey dem roll together), the best time to eat it is when them just supply am because e dey hot or still soft but if e don enter days omo, e don turn stone. naso!
My people for AAUA i hail ooo. E no easy for that school then ooo, na permanent site i dey stay. Na 2 to 3days poki i dey buy so that e go hold belle well.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Edenoscar2(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
post=69787570:
We can relate.... It was so much fun while it lasted. Thank you Jesus for life..... then and now!

Raise a cup up for all my day ones Two middle fingers for the haters Life's only getting greater Straight up from nothing we go Higher than the highest skyscraper No Little League, we major The proof is in the paper We put the good in the good in the good life We put the good in the good in the good life We put the bad in the past, now we alright Eazy Ayy, ayy, ayy, ayy
Underated comment
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by PrincessB1(f): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
udo2018:
You guys should stop glorifying poverty, starving as an undergrad is not normal.

No one is glorifying poverty here, infact am sure everyone wanna be a fat cat.
But If one does not have the cash to obtain the needful, one just need to minimize expenses else that person will have pocketitis grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Senorito(m): 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

Na so oo, another one don dey self
We dey call am 'As E Dey Hot' (puffpuff and bons) Oh my DAT tin na belleful something

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by PrincessB1(f): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
clarkmos15:
while some swallow their saliva
My rib oo grin grin grin
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
Jamesrock:

Guy, I survived on water for a week... u can't imagine when I started eating Fresh bitter leaf
shocked
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
udo2018:
lol

Oh my! All these listed stuff got me laughing.
I won't lie, I have never experienced all these. Worst I experienced was spaghetti and dry pepper for the whole day. Not because I was all so buoyant but because I wasn't really a food person and I could go a day without remembering to even spend anything on food.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Edenoscar2(m): 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
Boys don soak raw rice for cup for 1 hour after the thing soft small come mix small salt inside come drink am like say nah golden morn.You never see hungry wey even common garri no dey

3 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by sam20erry(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
LuciferChristi:
7. Okpa (& garri)

8. Indomie

9. Spaghetti

10. Stolen chicken

my friends and I, we go use corn trick chicken inside hostel..food don ready grin
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by FbcGrafix(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
Contact me for your premium logo for your business...For proof of my work, click the link in my signature.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

. And you 'MESS’ tire

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Obascoetubi: 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
lonelydora:
"Okpa di oku" back in UNN saved lives. Once you eat 2 wraps of okpa you will only be drinking water throughout the day. We codenamed it ' 6 to 6'.
wat is okpa?
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Nategaoo: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2018
what about indomine? how can you forget indomine. are you human
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nna palm oil rice is the in thing even now dats what i ate this night but still expecting pocket money to bless my ministry #fuprecampus
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by cenaman(m): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
LuciferChristi:
7. Okpa (& garri)

8. /

9. /

10. Stolen chicken
bros why na? so u go study stolennology for school abi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin, Best Graduating Doctor/Student In IUA, Sudan / UNN Twerking Saga: Obi Mirabel's Family Takes Action, Deletes Instagram Account / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.