Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke (37959 Views)

2 Undergraduates Of Ambrose Alli University Killed In Edo Cult Clash (Photos) / If You Are Broke, It Is Your Fault! / What Not To Eat When Burning Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Heemcelph: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bawizzo:
Kosh&dosh suffer 4 my hand dah year...team gwags
Akara and fried yam grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by princetemitee(f): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
Omo We Guys They Try Oo grin grin grin
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Mekanus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
lonelydora:

Typo error. I stayed in Eni Njoku.
OK. I Stayed in Eni Njoku from 2nd year to final year too.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by lonelydora: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Obascoetubi:
wat is okpa?

Grounded Cowpea or Cowpea flour
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by gonkin(m): 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
School life was another dimension
I had this room mate, he never cook but always had a spoon near by and he always showed up when food was ready
We call him 80,20(eighty twenty) cuz when he eats with you, you only get 20 percent of you food. Before u take 2 spoons he has done 6 spoons.

It happened so often that one day i just exploded and black listed the dude. E get where man dey quiet reach.

Garri was last resort.
Once u run out of garri. Na to carry spoon dey patrol timing food.
You dare not fry chicken.
And if your food had good aroma, you are in trouble.
Hostel life is way more realistic than all these big brother.
But anytime we visited the girls hostel it was different aroma and sounds of pot. Babes enjoyed school life than guys.
I know the number of times i prepare beans with only pepper and maggi.
Boys are magicians. See the way we converted eba back to garri cuz we diddnt have enough soup and excess eba was made. Imagine mixing eba with sugar water and groundnut to make it liquid again. Had so much garri back then that i dont like the taste of garri and i dont eat eba. Its been 4 years i last had those cuz i had too much of it back then

There was also a time after exam. I was preparing for project, small change i had i used for project preparations. No students to beg for food. And i ran out of food and finance. I was so hungry. Forget guyman level na mango i use take save myself. No ripe mango, just unripe so i prematurely harvested them and stored them. I had up to 20. Kept em for 2 to 3 days the soft ones i ate first. Survived 1 week on mangos only. Now when i look back at life then, i just laugh. It was hard but sure was fun infact Gulder Ultimate Search dey learn.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by cenaman(m): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
any time am broke i manage tea, bread & egg then step it down with a glass of fruit juice for breakfast, while for lunch i take fried rice and chicken with cold non alcoholic wine, for dinner some times i go for either semo or wheat, with edikaikong or afang soup with enough bush meat. but if am loaded with cash hmmm..... just guess for urself and know the kind of food i will eat.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by monaPhilz: 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
We ate rubbish so tey we begin thankGod belle no be glass.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by kolinton007: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
MsGood:
Risky has a different meaning in OAU. Like if you rep Great Ife and share if your wanted to but JAMB or Post-UTME didn't allow you. grin
Great ife! what department?

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by xhamooel: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
Jamesrock:

Guy, I survived on water for a week... u can't imagine when I started eating Fresh bitter leaf
but why? cry
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Legend23: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
lonelydora:
"Okpa di oku" back in UNN saved lives. Once you eat 2 wraps of okpa you will only be drinking water throughout the day. We codenamed it ' 6 to 6'.

Lol..You are indeed a superlioness! Okpa saved lives that year sha.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by xhamooel: 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2018
Spagewa...combination of beans and spaghetti#ogbafemi#

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Giovannialonso: 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
then ours na to cook beans in large quantity, I go eat am morning, afternoon and evening next day na purge I go convert the beans to beans soup and buy 3for #50 fufu and continue from where I stop and the purge go reduce due to fufu, I for go for bread but bread far to fufu then. But thank God today I graduated and found myself in a good paying job. hard work pays. I dey Quilox as I type and I say Baba God glory be to your name.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Juniorbuba(m): 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
I once cooked my last rice with couscous and spaghetti with red oil, no maggi embarassed

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by harriet412(f): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
lol, Indomie and palm oil rice was bae
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Lagosfinder(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
blingxx:

I swear I wanted to type this... grin hot rice with red oil, you won't be able to eat if it get cold... niqqaz eat it directly from pot grin (this is when you know some guys are descendant of sango) grin

LOL Back in the days
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Lorechino(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
I thought am in it all alone, now i know that we are in it together lol,,,, I gat to be happy afterall,, finalist now e no easy oooo
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by psychologist(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
Op never heard of knock out or 6-6 before?

Na akpu bi that o
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by BabaIbo: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
dayoakinns:

My people for AAUA i hail ooo. E no easy for that school then ooo, na permanent site i dey stay. Na 2 to 3days poki i dey buy so that e go hold belle well.

lol, naso o bro... I hail you too
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by thanki410(m): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
". Risky Burger is a combination of bread and suya and apart from Garri,"

At Great Ife ( OAU ), risky burger is bread and egg. I chop dat tin tire.
[@your signature] i loose you in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by daannyy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
justmi1:
6. Knockout!!! (Big strong fufu) that can withstand hunger for days. Ask yabatech students.
Your head dey dere
knock out with watery egusi..
no money for meat
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by bjboss(m): 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
Omo,i call it "SOKU DALE"... cook watery beans and add garri join for fire and stir ,drink one stainless 555 cup of water. U r good for d day.
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2018

Bread and akara.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by tripledonosas(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
BabaIbo:

I no sabi poki maybe na after I graduated, na 60-40 at the entrance of those two smallgates I sabi... or bread and egg in front of main gate beside one transformer for night, sometimes I dey try buy moi-moi for plenty and rubbish take am soak garri cheesy

That woman cheap rice with sausages n buns saves lives bck then..

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by rs172(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ever tried this, custard in the morning indomie in the night....
sometimes indomie in the morning custard in the night..
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by BabaIbo: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
tripledonosas:

That woman cheap rice with sausages n buns saves lives bck then..
naso!
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by vitmax(m): 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
Jamesrock:
Who don fry pepper with palm oil and kon chop am with fufu- 3 for #50 naira
na eba and gino i chop dis nite sef
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Tejiriseth(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
O boy that number 10 too correct.. . We even arrange one Last sunday.! . . . . .
LuciferChristi:
7. Okpa (& garri)
8. Indomie
9. Spaghetti
10. Stolen chicken
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by MsGood(f): 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2018
kolinton007:

Great ife! what department?

Linguistics

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by dahvido(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2018
u didn't add egg soup
Re: 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke by Ayandaseyi(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
OP said it all

In othere news, enrol for A'level program here to become an undergraduate without jamb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin, Best Graduating Doctor/Student In IUA, Sudan / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' / University Of Nigeria (UNN) Direct Entry Aspirant 2014/2015 - Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.