Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church (5941 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Those Men That Do Preach In Various Motor Parks. / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by paxonel(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

Gender equality and marriage equality (same sex marriages) are both desirable by many . Many people believe gays have as much right to get married as straight people.

Do you support justice and equity for same sex marriage?
ofcourse yes!
Same sex marriage is very irritating to me by natural instinct does not mean that i should stand by the way of people who finds it desirable.

Its a free world, my interaction with them should be,
Go ahead and do whatever you want but don't call me to see it cos it's irritating,

Now, that's justice for me and you.

Simple.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Seun lalasticlala,

please why is this thread not on front page ? It stands to correct a grave error in Christianity .

kindly do the needful. Thanks
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by orisa37: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
On Easter Day, women went to Galilee to meet Jesus. The men ran into hiding. Those women know Jesus more than the men and accept The Apostleship of Jesus Christ. They are thereby qualified to talk and preach whatsoever they know about Jesus Christ,The Righteous. His Holy Spirit qualifies all men and women to preach and equip them with wisdom, knowledge and understanding to preach Christ.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
orisa37:
On Easter Day, women went to Galilee to meet Jesus. The men ran into hiding. Those women know Jesus more than the men and accept The Apostleship of Jesus Christ. They are thereby qualified to talk and preach whatsoever they know about Jesus Christ,The Righteous. His Holy Spirit qualifies all men and women to preach and equip them with wisdom, knowledge and understanding to preach Christ.
So because women to Galilee to meet Jesus, it now means they can disobey His commandments a bout women not teaching?
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by luvmijeje(f): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
Well, God is not a sexist. The more reason your relationship with God should be personal and not all these religion bondage.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by bukatyne(f): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
There's currently a viral video showing Reverend Funke Adejumo telling members of the church she pastors as a female to sow a seed of money so as to become wealthy. This video has been found to be offensive by some quarters who have signed a petition to enable the UK government to ban the lady. According to them, she is a fraud and a disgrace to Christianity, even though they themselves are of questionable character.

However, another group has emerged signing a petition to counter the other group's call for her ban. This new group is supported by Pastor Adeboye's son, Leke Adeboye, Laurie Idahosa, Apostle Johnson Suleiman etc. They are calling the effort of the other group's as an attack on Christianity. Today's sermon will show you this new group is actually protecting falsehood which has crept into Christianity.

Does the Bible allow women to teach in Church? Is it right for Rev Funke Adejumo to be a preacher in Church? Let's read what Apostle Paul has to say.

1. 1 Timothy 2:12[/b】

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

2. [b]1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

It is so funny how in the face of Bible verses as these, people still think there is nothing wrong with a woman preaching in Church. Rev Funke Adejumo is in total disobedience of God's word and has therefore shown Jezebel characteristics, which includes usurping the authority of man.

1 Timothy 2:12

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

3. Even Jesus Christ is against a woman preaching in Church. In the words he sent to one of the seven churches of Asia, he mentioned allowing a woman to preach as something he detests. He even called such a woman Jezebel. We all know Jezebel's story, how she usurped her husband king Ahab.

Revelations 2:20

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

4. Did you notice the word in bold in both verses above? That's Apostle Paul speaking the same language as Jesus. It is forbidden for a woman to preach in Church.

But you say "didn't God use women mightily in the Bible?" Yes He did. He used Mary, Esther, Ruth, Magdalene etc. But what did He use them for? None of it involved preaching in the temple or Church.

Some people have been quick to stats that Phillip's daughters were used mightily because the Bible records that they prophesied. Yes, they did prophesy but nowhere is it recorded that they did that in Church. They only prophesied (which also means teach) elsewhere. And that is according to God's promise to make sons and daughters to prophesy after pouring His SPIRIT on them.

Acts 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The verse doesnt say they will do so in Church. Yes, women can go on soul winning in the streets but they cannot preach in Church no matter how versed they are in the Bible. Even if they have made a huge discovery which will benefit the Church, they can't come forward with it. What they are to do is discuss it with their husband who will now table it before the Church.

1 Corinthians 14:35

35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Look at examples of female preachers today: Joyce Meyer, Eucharia Anunobi, Funke Adejumo, Tonto Dikeh, Bimbo Odukoya etc.

Joyce Meyer is an epitome of everything wrong with a female preacher. She wears trousers while preaching on stage. But you say "it is a female trouser". Is there anything as Male skirt? Then what is it that women are not to wear because it belongs to men? Secondly, she prays and prophesies with her head shaven, with a low cut, which dishonors her head.

1 Corinthians 11:5

But every woman who prays or prophesies with
her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.

Eucharia Anunobi, on and off nollywood actress turn Pastor who recently stated that being a Pastor cannot stop her from acting erotic roles in movies.

Funke Adejumo, I don't need to say much. What about Tonto Dikeh who was on stage at a south African Church months back speaking gibberish called tongues?

Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash. May her soul rest in peace, but who knows, perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating women to the pulpit. But here we are again defending Rev Funke Adejumo all in the name of "we don't want outsiders to ridicule Christianity". Is that why we are openly encouraging disobedience of the word of God which He spoke through His Son Jesus Christ and His apostles?

Funke Adejumo and her fellow female pastors are evil and Jezebels who are usurping the authority given to man. They should not be tolerated in Christianity. Covering them up is equivalent to giving our faith a bad name. It will always hunt us. Even women teaching Sunday school, or even the children's section of the Church is wrong, because that's how it starts. But you say "how do you have enough teachers to attend to all the many classes in Sunday school?" Then don't split the Church into classes. There shouldn't be anything like Pastor Mr & Mrs Lagbaja, or a church billboard or poster showing a Pastor and his wife together. Nothing like a woman leader should be tolerated in the Church. But sadly, the decay has gone so deep that even Christians don't see anything wrong with what their Bible pointed out as wrong. MAY GOD HELP US.

Written by Albhagdadi

feel free to share on all platforms

I will just respond to the 'should women preach part. Whether Madam Funke Adejumo raises funds with the spirit of God or not, I can't answer.

1. Paul said 'I'

2. What law was Paul referencing here? The law also calls for circumcision etc. Please look at the extention of this passage to get the context:
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Can you explain verses 36 and 37?

3. Can we read Revelations 2 after 20?
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

If Jesus Christ has an issue with women teachers/preachers, wouldn't He have said so? He even stated her sin (Fornication), the sin of her followers: (adultery and evil deeds), and commended the rest of the members of not following her false doctrine. Why didn't He just put a stop to female preaching/teaching with this? This was a fantastic opportunity to kill female ministry by condemning the act of her preaching in the first place. I recently read this passage and wondered why He never condemned her ministry instead her message.

4. I am sure you will find places where two different people used same language. No surprise here.

@Bimbo Odukoya, may God help you. It is such a mean thing to say or insinuate.

luvmijeje:
Well, God is not a sexist. The more reason your relationship with God should be personal and not all these religion bondage.

I honestly do not know if God is sexist. However, I so agree with you.

If you are 100% sure that God called you to minister in a certain function, you would not be swayed by other's opinion.

Personally, I believe married women shouldn't be as committed as their husbands so they can care for their homes. This is where I agree with Islamic style to telling the husbands to attend their services while the wives are at home.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by bukatyne(f): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You know what your problem is? You are quick to reject anything that has to do with God, and that has blinded you to the point that you can't even understand simple English. You make it seem like the verse is just about women teaching fornication. Let's see if that's the only thing the verse said.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

It says to teach and to seduce
. This means Jesus is against women not only seducing peOple to commit fornication, but also teaching. Please try lower your hate for truth and God, because it will help you a lot in things as little as understanding simple English.

You are one misunderstanding.

Did it occur to you that to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication means that He was against her teaching fornication and seducing those who fell?

Why didn't He condemn the followers for staying under her ministration? Why condemning them for falling for her seduction?

It is obvious that in that passage, He was more concerned about the doctrines taught and the evil deeds done than the sex of the preacher.

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by orisa37: 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
God is our Instructor, Director and Discernment. His Holy Spirit in us, men and women, shines our Lights, shows our Goodness and acts, interacts and moves to the fullest in us.
Can you find this in The Bible?
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by bukatyne(f): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Did you say the Bible God never loved women? Perhaps, you must have Him mixed with Allah of the Quran who commands men to beat their wives, tells women to cover their entire body like they have no value etc.

The God of the Bible loves women so much that He sent the Messiah through a woman. He told men to love their wives and give their all for her just as Christ gave his life for the world.

Women played lots of good roles in the Bible e.g Esther, Ruth, Mary, Sarah, Magdalene etc. Nowhere were women relegated. God only says they cannot teach in his house. Any problem with that? Or can I come into your house and sleep in your bedroom when it is against your rules?

Bros,

The bold absolutely makes so sense.

Apart from polygamy which some christian sect believe in, I really do not see the difference between a woman in Islam and Christianity. It is the husband she is married to that makes the difference.

Did the God of the Bible ever profess special love for women? Didn't He admonish women to love their husbands through Paul?

Better don' deceive yourself and read the Quran if you are interested in knowing what it says about its women.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
bukatyne:

You are one misunderstanding.

Did it occur to you that to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication means that He was against her teaching fornication and seducing those who fell?

Why didn't He condemn the followers for staying under her ministration? Why condemning them for falling for her seduction?

It is obvious that in that passage, He was more concerned about the doctrines taught and the evil deeds done than the sex of the preacher.
Don't you understand English?

To teach and to seduce ade two different things.She was doing both, which Jesus spoke against.

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Don't you understand English?

To teach and to seduce ade two different things.She was doing both, which Jesus spoke against.

You don't understand English.

Jesus was against her teachings (doctrine/fornication) and actions (seduction).

If He was against her action of teaching, He would have said so.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
bukatyne:

You don't understand English.

Jesus was against her teachings (doctrine/fornication) and actions (seduction).

If He was against her action of teaching, He would have said so.
You are the one who doesn't understand English. The first thing Jesus rebuked is her being a teacher before he proceeded to condemn her other actions. This is similar to Paul speaking against allowing a woman to teach.

You are misconstruing Jesus words which are the same as what Paul said below.

Jesus and Paul can't be contradiCting each other. God is not the author of confusion. You are the one who has misunderstood simple English.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Females can preach in any Church except amongst TRUE Christians, so be warned because any religious group that's not TOTALLY submissive to what is WRITTEN in the Bible can bear any name of their choice BUT THEY'RE NOT CHRISTIANS!
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by bukatyne(f): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You are the one who doesn't understand English. The first thing Jesus rebuked is her being a teacher before he proceeded to condemn her other actions. This is similar to Paul speaking against allowing a woman to teach.

You are misconstruing Jesus words which are the same as what Paul said below.

Jesus and Paul can't be contradiCting each other. God is not the author of confusion. You are the one who has misunderstood simple English.

OK sir.

Notice that He did not condemn her followers for staying her ministrations neither did he commend those standing for not listening to her.

Also note that Jesus said in verse 21 that 'And I gave her space to repent of her fornication and she repented not.'

Would it not have been a good time to also tell her to repent of teaching?

It was obvious that Jesus punishing her for fornication and not the act of 'teaching'.

Stop quoting only one verse. Look at the whole context.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
bukatyne:

OK sir.

Notice that He did not condemn her followers for staying her ministrations neither did he commend those standing for not listening to her.

Also note that Jesus said in verse 21 that 'And I gave her space to repent of her fornication and she repented not.'

It was obvious that Jesus punishing her for fornication and not the act of 'teaching'.

God NEVER made women to stand before men as Law givers or instructors,that is why names of women were ommited during the early writings. Matthew 13:55,56 Angels recognises Men because we are the creature God intended to create (Genesis 2:18) while women were made for us so during sacred services females are to remain SILENT. 1Corinthians 11:8-10 1Timothy 2:11,12 This is the "whole context" so as a baptized MALE Christian a woman must not stand on a pulpit to preach before you!

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
bukatyne:

OK sir.

You are the one not getting the context.The verse was directed the Church which allowed the woman to teach and seduce people. Jesus was angry at them for allowing such. After he had querried the church for allowing her to teach and seduce, He now went on to talk about how He gave her the time to repent of her sins which involves seducing and fornication.

Her teaching in Church was a wrongdoing on the part of the Church, which made Jesus rebuked them.

Her seducing and making people commit fornication, as a result of the authority she usurped, is her own wrongdoing, that is why Jesus only spoke on that in verse 21, because he was now specific about her . Jesus didn't need to tell her to stop teacjinf in Church. She won't even listen. Or what do you expect of someone who neglected teh chance God gave her to repent? Jesus didn't need to tell her to stop teacjinf in Church, because He had already expressed His anger to the church which allowed her. It is now in their court to chase her away from teaching.

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
TATIME:
God NEVER made women to stand before men as Law givers or instructors,that is why names of women were ommited during the early writings. Matthew 13:55,56 Angels recognises Men because we are the creature God intended to create (Genesis 2:18) while women were made for us so during sacred services females are to remain SILENT. 1Corinthians 11:8-10 1Timothy 2:11,12 This is the "whole context" so as a baptized MALE Christian a woman must not stand on a pulpit to preach before you!
They see all these things, yet they still argue.

Thanks
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
They see all these things, yet they still argue.

Thanks
Christianity is not by choice but total submission to Christ,so don't be surprised that many likes the name Jesus as it has become a megastar yet against what Jesus said they will argue furiously. Because they only want to belong to a superstar not to subject themselves under His authority!
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
post=69793426:
Rubbish! Absolute Rubbish!!
Chairman abeg u be xtain?
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by AmazonHippolyta(f): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2018
Mtchewww
Stupid post,One of the reasons why I left religion.
Well it is good to know that people are getting enlightened with time.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by YoungDenzel(m): 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
My question to the OP is how sure are u that the daughters didn't prophesy in Church because you categorically stated that it wasn't said in the bible but you still went on to conclude that they didn't prophesy in Church.

And secondly what really is Church ? is Church a building or what? maybe the OP should answer this questions
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
God bless you op too many heretic and peudochristians claiming to be Christians but are not saved but God willing goats will be separated from the sheep.
many will turn back from Christ because they would be offended by the truth.

women teachers are disobeying God

John 6:66
From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

many has turn aside to follow after Satan

1 Timothy 5:15
For some are already turned aside after Satan.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 9:12am On Aug 12, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4671556/should-women-lead-congregation-church

Seun lalasticlala

Is it really fair that the above thread makes front page while this thread of mine which explains the topic clearly is totally forgotten?
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2018
YoungDenzel:
My question to the OP is how sure are u that the daughters didn't prophesy in Church because you categorically stated that it wasn't said in the bible but you still went on to conclude that they didn't prophesy in Church.

And secondly what really is Church ? is Church a building or what? maybe the OP should answer this questions
God is not the author of confusion. The Bible never said they prophesied in Church. It could be anywhere but not in Church otherwise they would have been disobeying Paul and Jesus' command.

Perhaps, you think that prophesy only means to speak about future events or predict what will happen. Yes, it means that and more. Prophesy also means to preach and to teach concerning religious matters. Anyone can preach be it male or female. But females can't do that in Church which means the gathering of the brethren. A female can prophesy aka preach to an unbeliever on the street. And that is most likely what Phillips daughters did.

Now look at Webster dictionary's meaning of Prophesy.

screenshot

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
There's currently a viral video showing Reverend Funke Adejumo telling members of the church she pastors as a female to sow a seed of money so as to become wealthy. This video has been found to be offensive by some quarters who have signed a petition to enable the UK government to ban the lady. According to them, she is a fraud and a disgrace to Christianity, even though they themselves are of questionable character.

However, another group has emerged signing a petition to counter the other group's call for her ban. This new group is supported by Pastor Adeboye's son, Leke Adeboye, Laurie Idahosa, Apostle Johnson Suleiman etc. They are calling the effort of the other group's as an attack on Christianity. Today's sermon will show you this new group is actually protecting falsehood which has crept into Christianity.

Does the Bible allow women to teach in Church? Is it right for Rev Funke Adejumo to be a preacher in Church? Let's read what Apostle Paul has to say.

1 Timothy 2:12[/b】

[b]1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.

It is so funny how in the face of Bible verses as these, people still think there is nothing wrong with a woman preaching in Church. Rev Funke Adejumo is in total disobedience of God's word and has therefore shown Jezebel characteristics, which includes usurping the authority of man.

Even Jesus Christ is against a woman preaching in Church. In the words he sent to one of the seven churches of Asia, he mentioned allowing a woman to preach as something he detests. He even called such a woman Jezebel. We all know Jezebel's story, how she usurped her husband king Ahab.

Did you notice the word in bold in both verses above? That's Apostle Paul speaking the same language as Jesus. It is forbidden for a woman to preach in Church.

But you say "didn't God use women mightily in the Bible?" Yes He did. He used Mary, Esther, Ruth, Magdalene etc. But what did He use them for? None of it involved preaching in the temple or Church.

Some people have been quick to stats that Phillip's daughters were used mightily because the Bible records that they prophesied. Yes, they did prophesy but nowhere is it recorded that they did that in Church. They only prophesied (which also means teach) elsewhere. And that is according to God's promise to make sons and daughters to prophesy after pouring His SPIRIT on them.

Acts 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The verse doesnt say they will do so in Church. Yes, women can go on soul winning in the streets but they cannot preach in Church no matter how versed they are in the Bible. Even if they have made a huge discovery which will benefit the Church, they can't come forward with it. What they are to do is discuss it with their husband who will now table it before the Church.

1 Corinthians 14:35

Look at examples of female preachers today: Joyce Meyer, Eucharia Anunobi, Funke Adejumo, Tonto Dikeh, Bimbo Odukoya etc.

Joyce Meyer is an epitome of everything wrong with a female preacher. She wears trousers while preaching on stage. But you say "it is a female trouser". Is there anything as Male skirt? Then what is it that women are not to wear because it belongs to men? Secondly, she prays and prophesies with her head shaven, with a low cut, which dishonors her head.

1 Corinthians 11:5

But every woman who prays or prophesies with
her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.

Eucharia Anunobi, on and off nollywood actress turn Pastor who recently stated that being a Pastor cannot stop her from acting erotic roles in movies.

Funke Adejumo, I don't need to say much. What about Tonto Dikeh who was on stage at a south African Church months back speaking gibberish called tongues?

Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash. May her soul rest in peace, but who knows, perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating women to the pulpit. But here we are again defending Rev Funke Adejumo all in the name of "we don't want outsiders to ridicule Christianity". Is that why we are openly encouraging disobedience of the word of God which He spoke through His Son Jesus Christ and His apostles?

Funke Adejumo and her fellow female pastors are evil and Jezebels who are usurping the authority given to man. They should not be tolerated in Christianity. Covering them up is equivalent to giving our faith a bad name. It will always hunt us. Even women teaching Sunday school, or even the children's section of the Church is wrong, because that's how it starts. But you say "how do you have enough teachers to attend to all the many classes in Sunday school?" Then don't split the Church into classes. There shouldn't be anything like Pastor Mr & Mrs Lagbaja, or a church billboard or poster showing a Pastor and his wife together. Nothing like a woman leader should be tolerated in the Church. But sadly, the decay has gone so deep that even Christians don't see anything wrong with what their Bible pointed out as wrong. MAY GOD HELP US.

Written by Albhagdadi

feel free to share on all platforms
The issue of Female pastors in Christendom is something that is of concern and delicate with different opinion about it.

As Christians, The Bible is our constitution (permit me to use that word) and as such every Thing it says is right and must/should be practised and obeyed by us.

As a Christian, I have never seen and I'm yet to see where the Bible says that women shouldn't preach, teach in the church or pastor a church. The only passage that kind of hint at that is in 1 Timothy 2:11-13 which says;

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer [tolerate] not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For Adam was first formed, then Eve."

What the above passage is saying is that just like in the family, the man is the head of the church and the woman should be in submission to him or them. A woman shouldn't try to exercise authority over the man or try to contend for authority with him. That doesn't mean that women shouldn't preach or teach in the church or pastor a church.

When JESUS gave the great commission in Matthew 28:19-20;

" Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
"

HE wasn't only referring to HIS disciples but to Christians in general (which women are a part of). So the commandment to preach, teach and indoctrinate where also commanded to the women as well.

But what the Bible in my first quoted passage is saying is that women should be submissive to the man or men in the church because they are the head. Woman shouldn't compete for leadership positions with them except given to them.

Let's take a look at what the bible in 1Corinthians chapter 14:34-35 says;

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak but they are to be submissive to, as the law also says.
And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church."

Now take a look at the above Bible passage, we see the Bible saying that women should be quiet and shouldn't speak in church, does that mean that the right of speech or expression of one's thought as a woman in the church is denied? if YES, That means all Christians have sinned because women speak in church both in the biblical times and now. But of course, the answer is NO, because that passage isn't saying that, rather it saying that women should give respect and be submissive to the man as the head of the Church even as CHRIST is the head of the man and overall head of the church.

The issue of female pastors wasn't mentioned in the Bible to tell whether it is right or wrong, but what the Bible says is that the women should be in submission to the man or men and respect them as the head of the church. They shouldn't compete for leadership positions or contend for authority with the men in the church but that doesn't mean she can't be a teacher, preacher, pastor or hold a key leadership position in the church but that can only be done if;

1.) The church (which includes the men) decides to give that position to her after seeing that she has what it takes to be there or hold such position.
2.) If she is called and ordained by GOD to do it.

Besides there were lots of women in the Bible that held key positions of leadership and teachers in the bible e.g Miriam, Priscilla, Deborah etc
Am sure God was foolish to use Katherine Kumar. He went contrary to his word I suppose.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Your post reeks of lack of knowledge.

God works in mysterious ways. He says the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23

That incidence might be her punishment for the disobedience. But since I'm not God, I never claimed to be certain.

Remember Jezebel in the Bible was like these women, as a matter of fact they are modeled after her. But God's judgement fell on her. She was throw a building and died. Stray dogs ate her flesh. If you were alive in the days of Elijah when it happened, you would have doubted it was God's judgement on her .

Now, is that the wrong you could point out that made you label the whole write up as rubbish?
You are already condemning and passing judgement on your post. It would have been better you argue logically instead of dragging people's name. Don't assume a thing if you don't have fact. You can't prove spirituality by mere words
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hiccups:
shocked
There's no verse in Bible against women teaching/preaching in the church. The capping of true believers involves sharing/preaching/teaching the word as therein lies faith. However, Bible was explicit that some offices in church like Bishop is reserved for men only (1 Tim 3:1-4). To the best of of knowledge the church of Christ was built on foundation of Apostles with Christ as corner stone (Eph 2:20). Again there was no female among the 12. Therefore no woman can claim to be GO/founder of church. Also the title Reverend is not biblical, I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
It is very easy to point out a fault but it will be difficult to absorb all the errors in their assertion. If am to go in details, there are many things we do as Christians that doesn't have spiritual backing
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by lindabon: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
Religion oppresses people especially Abrahamic religions. In any society that oppresses women, children, gays, non-believers or anyone that is different, even good men are also oppressed and silenced. That is why in Nigeria and all Countries that are religious, Bad men run the affairs of the country. Nigeria and all of Africa is a great example of how Religion ALWAYS destroys everything and everyone it comes in contact with. The Nigeria of today has also showed us that just as it has been historically, in our country today, the only people that succeed in our oppressed society, are mostly looters (politicians), fraudsters (Private Jet buying Pastors) and terrorist (Extemist Imams). Nigeria is a good example of the consequences of OPPRESSION. Bad men (and bad women) thrive in oppressed nations and this is a fact. Any critical thinker can look back in history and one thing has always stood out; anywhere religion goes, oppression strived, hunger and poverty is the order of the day and churches, mosques and temples are built instead of school, roads, hospitals and everything that is supposed to make life easier for people.

China produces about 80% of the world’s air-conditioners, 70% of its mobile phones and 60% of its shoes.
WONDER why China is making all these technological advancements and breakthroughs? Here is why;

Religion in China
(73.56%) - Non Religious
(15.87%) - Buddish
(7.6%) - Other Religions

I asked a Chinese Lady, what is your religion.
She looked at me weird, shrugged and said, "If you are asking me what I believe in, I believe in ME and by extension, my religion is MYSELF".

Yet, in 2018, Nigerians are still quoting bible scriptures, believing in God and waiting for God to come down from heaven and build roads, schools and hospitals for them.

Nigeria will not develop because of our belief in God, Nigeria will only develop when we start believing in ourselves and in Humanity. There is no short cut to developement except SELF-BELIEF and LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER. This is why we are moving backwards not forward.

While other countries are moving into the age of atificial intelligence, the minds of Nigerians are still stuck 2000 years ago, bc - BEFORE CHRIST!!!

Today, you are a Christain, you practice monogamy in marriage , You speak English and You conduct "white weddings" because The British conquered our forefathers and mothers, enslaved them, raped them, killed them, discriminated against them and abused them for years. The British Colonist are the people who Brought Christianity to you!!! It was their tradition.

If the reverse were to be the case and it was my fore-fathers that conquered the British, a British man or woman today would speak Igbo, they will conduct Igba Nkwu (Igbo wedding), they will practice polygamy, and they will worship Amadioha, the Arusi of thunder and lightning.

Christianity is just other people's tradition that have been passed on to us. Sadly, this tradition has completely destroyed our people the same way it destroyed the British, because at the time England was fiercely religious, England was also extremely corrupt and poverty strived.

Religion becomes useless and unimportant the moment poverty is eradicated. Once people are no longer impoverished, their brain starts to function, they grown in self-belief and religion becomes a thing for the museums and history books. Sadly, Nigerians today are still believing in other things except themselves, like God, Holy water, Annoiting oil, shilo offering, tithe, church building, pastors and everything else except themselves. That is why we are where we are; We have ZERO belief in ourselves. This is so Sad
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
post=69793482:

There are many, but let me point out this for now.
(Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash. May her soul rest in peace, but who knows, perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating women to the pulpit. 
What kinda foolishness is that statement?
So the male Pastors that died in plane crash also are what?
........perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating men to the pulpit also abi?
Rubbish.
Absolute rubbish!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must My Pastor Rake Me To Fall In The Name Of Deliverance? / GOODBYE TO YOU ALL / Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.