Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,078 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (29331 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
Janosky:

Fairy tale of a bigot.
"Jesus Christ is against house to house preaching".
If u had sense u should have known that one on one, face to face interaction is still the most effective means of human communication.
Lying Pharisee dey form Christian
More shame on you.

Heretic appologetics of an exposed Antichrist. If you were not a coconut head you would have realized that even your satanic organization advocates 100% scrptural basis for the validity of belief. But now that you have been bursted with scrptures, you have begun to advocate "sense". Where did your organization put human sense to when it was busy hammering on scrptural evidence as basis for validity?
Preaching is not an intimate discussion between two persons hence it is not about effective communication at all. It is more of an avenue to convince people not with words but with a demonstration of the power of God.
Hear what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 4:19-20

19. If the Lord is willing, however, I will come to you soon, and then I will find out for myself the power which these proud people have, and not just what they say.

20. For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of words but of power.

You can see from above that there were people who were busy disturbing the Corinthians with your organization's kind of "effective communication" but Paul admonished the Corinthians against such communication however effective and rather told them that the Kingdom of God is about power.
Moses was not an effective communicator but God chose him because the task before him had to do with the demonstration of God's power towards convincing King Pharaoh.
So your doctrine of effective communication has no place in the scriptures. Sorry!
. If it were about words, then every other religion has convincing stories and logic too. But none has the power of God as given to genuine Christians to heal and cast demons out. Before Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead, He had communicated and communicated yet the Pharisees never accepted his teachings because they had their own quite strong teachings too. But Lazarus' ressurrection broke their grip to their teachings. That is where the power of God comes and it must be displayed in the public and never in private houses. But the satanic organization which has not the Holy Ghost power covers up by going from house to house. If house to house is the most effective way, then why did Jesus never use it?
Meanwhile you have not answered the question as to why you choose one method and leave the other whereas the Apostles supposedly used the two going by your opinion.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Janosky: 1:23am On Jan 27, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Heretic appologetics of an exposed Antichrist. If you were not a coconut head you would have realized that even your satanic organization advocates 100% scrptural basis for the validity of belief. But now that you have been bursted with scrptures, you have begun to advocate "sense". Where did your organization put human sense to when it was busy hammering on scrptural evidence as basis for validity?
Preaching is not an intimate discussion between two persons hence it is not about effective communication at all. It is more of an avenue to convince people not with words but with a demonstration of the power of God.
Hear what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 4:19-20

19. If the Lord is willing, however, I will come to you soon, and then I will find out for myself the power which these proud people have, and not just what they say.

20. For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of words but of power.

You can see from above that there were people who were busy disturbing the Corinthians with your organization's kind of "effective communication" but Paul admonished the Corinthians against such communication however effective and rather told them that the Kingdom of God is about power.
Moses was not an effective communicator but God chose him because the task before him had to do with the demonstration of God's power towards convincing King Pharaoh.
So your doctrine of effective communication has no place in the scriptures. Sorry!
. If it were about words, then every other religion has convincing stories and logic too. But none has the power of God as given to genuine Christians to heal and cast demons out. Before Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead, He had communicated and communicated yet the Pharisees never accepted his teachings because they had their own quite strong teachings too. But Lazarus' ressurrection broke their grip to their teachings. That is where the power of God comes and it must be displayed in the public and never in private houses. But the satanic organization which has not the Holy Ghost power covers up by going from house to house. If house to house is the most effective way, then why did Jesus never use it?
Meanwhile you have not answered the question as to why you choose one method and leave the other whereas the Apostles supposedly used the two going by your opinion.

Lying Pharisee dey form Christian, continue your heresy against the truth of God's word & Jesus command to preach from house to house (Mk13:10. Matt10:14, Acts5:42. 20:20).

Lying Pharisee, how did Jesus preach to the Samaritan woman & converted her? John 4:1-42

How did Philip preach to the Ethiopian man & converted him? Acts 8:26-36.

keep posting all the fairy tale your gods of men have rubber stamped on your brain & removed your sense.
JWs are moving ever forward because our " labour is not in vain in connection with the lord."
1cor15:58
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2019
Janosky:

Lying Pharisee dey form Christian, continue your heresy against the truth of God's word & Jesus command to preach from house to house (Mk13:10. Matt10:14, Acts5:42. 20:20).

Lying Pharisee, how did Jesus preach to the Samaritan woman & converted her? John 4:1-42

How did Philip preach to the Ethiopian man & converted him? Acts 8:26-36.

keep posting all the fairy tale your gods of men have rubber stamped on your brain & removed your sense.
JWs are moving ever forward because our " labour is not in vain in connection with the lord."
1cor15:58

This is what Mark 13:10 says:

But before the end comes, the gospel must be preached to all peoples.
It doesn't mention house to house. You are a fraud!

Matt 10:14 is a part of the instruction Jesus was giving on how to find a house in which to get accommodated and not a house to preach in. Read from the previous verses for the context in which that verse speaks. Stop picking verses in isolation.

Acts 5:42 is what I already trashed in my previous comment where I explained that such was in Jerusalem where the harvest had become few and that even before then the angel had specifically commanded them to go to the temple to preach. Why bring it up again without having countered my commentary on it with a superior explanation?

As for Acts 20:20...As usual you picked it in isolation hence your failure to see the context. Go back to verse 17 of that chapter and there you'll see that Paul was addressing only the church elders of the Church in Ephesus with what he said in verse 20. Church elders could not have been unbelievers whom he was evangelizing afresh. So he could afford to visit them at home. Moreover, recall that in those times church services were conducted in the houses of members as the temples in gentile lands would forbid such. So the visit to houses was clearly for the conducting of Church services in the homes of elders and never during evangelism targeted at unbelievers.

In John 4:1-42, the conversion of the Samaritan Woman happened by the Well of Jacob where Jesus decided to rest during a journey. Are you now saying that Joseph's well was located in the Samaritan Woman's house? If so then why does verses 7 and 15 record that the woman came all the way to the well from her house? See how you have been lying and shamelessly misquoting the scriptures?

For the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch as recorded in Acts 8:26 referenced by you, everything started and ended on the road of the journey. Philip didn't follow him to his house. Here is how the encounter started and ended as recorded:

36-37. As they traveled down the road, they came to a place where there was some water, and the official said, *Here is some water. What is to keep me from being baptized?*

38. The official ordered the carriage to stop, and both Philip and the official went down into the water, and Philip baptized him.

39. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord took Philip away. The official did not see him again, but continued on his way, full of joy.

So how was that encounter a house to house preaching?

The 1 Corinthians 15:58 you referenced says as follows:

So then, my dear friends, stand firm and steady. Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord's service is ever useless.
Of what relevance is it to the issue of propriety of house to house preaching under contention? Do you really read the verses you quote?

The truth remains that you have been brainwashed and your brain looted by some eight men like you sitting in New York who successfully hoodwinked you into believing they are God. They discourage independent thinking among you their followers hence you people don't study deeply on your own but just wait for them to hand down their man made opinions to you. That explains why you so much pick verses in isolation rather than read the entire passage to know the background circumstances that led to the issues in those verses.
The earlier you free yourself from the mind control tactics of those 8 New Yorkers and become yourself using your brain the way God gave you, the better for you. Your brain is meant for you to use and not to be deposited with some 8 mortal men who are really not better than yourself in any way.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Deadlytruth:

We started preaching and teaching before your organization was ever conceived. In fact your organization is actually a breakaway from another group contrary to the impression you try to create that it was formed as an original group. Someone already explained it into details here and I didn't see you proving him wrong.
Our preaching is targeted at those who have never heard the gospel hence our focus is on territories yet to be reached due to ban on Christian evangelism by their government. We are not like you who fear to thread such places but rush there after others have opened the place up and then start telling them that those who opened up the place were apostates. When we break those barriers we don't see ourselves to have done anything hence we don't boast about it because we know our salvation is by God's grace and never on account of the works we do. When the Orthodox Church missionaries risked their lives against territorial powers to come to Africa and established schools and other welfarist programmes, your satanic and manipulative organization was nowhere to be found. But once Africa became open and free, you suddenly appeared to start preaching your heresy and telling people that those who first came to liberate them at their own risks and sacrifice were apostates. Shame onto you!
Go and preach to your neighbours that there is just ONE Jesus,So there shouldn't be different religious groups having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings all in the name of ONE Jesus! 1Corinthians 1:10
If there is division amongst you,then that can never be Christianity but the worldly spirit influenced by none other than SATAN! 1Corinthians 12:25
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2019
TATIME:
Go and preach to your neighbours that there is just ONE Jesus,So there shouldn't be different religious groups having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings all in the name of ONE Jesus! 1Corinthians 1:10
If there is division amongst you,then that can never be Christianity but the worldly spirit influenced by none other than SATAN! 1Corinthians 12:25

Your organization too is a breakaway from another parent body whose teaching persons like Russell and Rutherford began to oppose from within and later pulled out to create The Bible Students group. So your organization is part and parcel of the different religious groups preaching contradictory doctrines.
The narrative that you are not part of the so called Christendom is pure fallacy. You group was not formed on its own as you would have us believe. So you are part and parcel of the system.
Moreover, there are been many breakaway groups from your organization now preaching doctrines which conflict with yours. Examples of such are:

The True Faith Jehovah's
Witnesses

Bible Fellowship Union

God's Kingdom Society

Christian Witnesses

The Lord's Witnesses

Phoenix Bible Students

Chicago Bible Students

Baltimore Bible Students

They all have active websites and mission offices on ground. They accuse your organization of Preaching heresy.
So all you wrote above is nonsense!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by akeensbussy(m): 10:26am On Jan 27, 2019
TRULY RELIGION IS SCAM......
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 27, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Your organization too is a breakaway from another parent body whose teaching persons like Russell and Rutherford began to oppose from within and later pulled out to create The Bible Students group. So your organization is part and parcel of the different religious groups preaching contradictory doctrines.
The narrative that you are not part of the so called Christendom is pure fallacy. You group was not formed on its own as you would have us believe. So you are part and parcel of the system.
Moreover, there are been many breakaway groups from your organization now preaching doctrines which conflict with yours. Examples of such are:

The True Faith Jehovah's
Witnesses

Bible Fellowship Union

God's Kingdom Society

Christian Witnesses

The Lord's Witnesses

Phoenix Bible Students

Chicago Bible Students

Baltimore Bible Students

They all have active websites and mission offices on ground. They accuse your organization of Preaching heresy.
So all you wrote above is nonsense!
You're one funny clown that is worth watching on a circus Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So when Jehovah's Witnesses are
*Preaching and teaching from house to house.Act 20:20
*Disarming their members from touching weapons.Isaiah 2:4
*Having nothing to do with Worldly Politics.John 17:16
*Making a global family of worshipers. Ephesians 4:3,Philippians 2:2
So you are saying all these breakaway groups are also PERFORMING the same task
Well Apostle John have answered you! 1John 2:19
If you don't understand,i have explained how JWs came out from these Satan's RELIGIOUS system. Revelations 18:4
Jesus(after his ascension) allowed falsehood to remain within Christianity{Matthew 13:24-30} after the death of the Apostles Apostles,Apostates with the backing of the Roman government scrap true Christianity so that people from far and near only knew Pagan Catholic Church as Christians. Many started protesting and breaking away but they are also having dealings with politics so they failed to produce the FRUIT required until America declared FREEDOM of speech,expression and worship. The door finally opened for TRUE Christianity to start taking shape again! So all that you've heard about JWs reformation is the result of Jesus back to inspect His spiritual temple and cleanse it.Matthew 24:45,Luke 18:8 That is why you hear of JWs changing so many things they used to do before,don't be obstinate about this because Jesus is still the same person,remember that is how He kept helping the first century Christians in readjusting their mindset. Remember TRUE Christians are HUMBLE so they will never think of what unbelievers will say whenever Jesus is teaching them to MAKE AMENDMENTS in their beliefs! John 6:61-69
Today TRUE Christianity is fully restored therefore whoever breaks away from what Jesus(the true vine) has established can never bear the FRUITS expected of Jesus' followers. John 15:4-6
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
nairavsdollars:
I attended the church of Jehovah's Witnesses and i noticed they don't compel people to pay Tithes and Offerings like most Pentecostal churches.

All they have is a box where any willing attendee is free to drop whatever he or she desires. No POS, no long sermon, no threat on giving like most Pentecostal churches. Jesus Christ never forced people to give and Christians are meant to emulate Christ.

I don’t like their doctrines but on this i am impressed.

You don't go to church if you do na kwasiokor church you dey go.

There are many things I don't give offering and tithe. Nobody has confronted me.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
akeensbussy:
TRULY RELIGION IS SCAM......
America is ruling the earth today Sir,they have declared FREEDOM of speech, expression and WORSHIP Sir!
So everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and you are not left out! wink wink wink
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

You don't go to church if you do na kwasiokor church you dey go.

There are many things I don't give offering and tithe. Nobody has confronted me.
The OP supposed to go round to all other churches before coming out to give credits to the most VILIFIED group on earth!
What i like in his statement is "i don't like their(JWs) doctrines" but he is impressed with the little he witnessed been an attendee in a JWs meeting!
Please kindly ask your Pastor what will happen to you as you don't give offerings and tithes, because i overheard one of the daddy GOs of these Pentecostal churches saying "whoever doen not pay his tithe will NOT GO TO HEAVEN full stop!" undecided undecided
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
TATIME:
The OP supposed to go round to all other churches before coming out to give credits to the most VILIFIED group on earth!
What i like in his statement is "i don't like their(JWs) doctrines" but he is impressed with the little he witnessed been an attendee in a JWs meeting!
Please kindly ask your Pastor what will happen to you as you don't give offerings and tithes, because i overheard one of the daddy GOs of these Pentecostal churches saying "whoever doen not pay his tithe will NOT GO TO HEAVEN full stop!" undecided undecided

Why should I ask a pastor such nonsense question when I have a bible?

Students who ask stupid questions don't buy nor read textbooks.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Why should I ask a pastor such nonsense question when I have a bible?

Students who ask stupid questions don't buy nor read textbooks.
Well then what you are going there to do is not Christianity because Jesus admonished TRUE believers to KEEP asking questions in order to be sure of their stand if they are truthfully Christians. Matthew 7:7 compared to Proverbs 2:3
Jesus' followers MUST believe the SAME thing. 1Corinthians 1:10 Ephesians 3:4 Philippians 2:2
If you and your Pastor don't agree over certain matters regarding your worship,then you're promoting a divisive spirit.Please that is NOT Christianity!
What the OP saw and said did not just happened by chance,that is how we Jehovah's Witnesses operate GLOBALLY!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
TATIME:
Well then what you are going there to do is not Christianity because Jesus admonished TRUE believers to KEEP asking questions in order to be sure of their stand if they are truthfully Christians. Matthew 7:7 compared to Proverbs 2:3
Jesus' followers MUST believe the SAME thing. 1Corinthians 1:10 Ephesians 3:4 Philippians 2:2
If you and your Pastor don't agree over certain matters regarding your worship,then you're promoting a divisive spirit.Please that is NOT Christianity!
What the OP saw and said did not just happened by chance,that is how we Jehovah's Witnesses operate GLOBALLY!

Jesus never said we should be asking questions even when there was no compiled bible. Why should I not agree with my pastor if he is preaching from the Bible am reading from?

How you operate is your business, everyone must do things like you.

There is no church I have attended where I was asked to give tithe or offering by force. Sometimes I don't give and no one had asked me why.

For ya record I have attended jw a couple of times.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Janosky: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Deadlytruth:

This is what Mark 13:10 says:

But before the end comes, the gospel must be preached to all peoples.
It doesn't mention house to house. You are a fraud!

Matt 10:14 is a part of the instruction Jesus was giving on how to find a house in which to get accommodated and not a house to preach in. Read from the previous verses for the context in which that verse speaks. Stop picking verses in isolation.

Acts 5:42 is what I already trashed in my previous comment where I explained that such was in Jerusalem where the harvest had become few and that even before then the angel had specifically commanded them to go to the temple to preach. Why bring it up again without having countered my commentary on it with a superior explanation?

As for Acts 20:20...As usual you picked it in isolation hence your failure to see the context. Go back to verse 17 of that chapter and there you'll see that Paul was addressing only the church elders of the Church in Ephesus with what he said in verse 20. Church elders could not have been unbelievers whom he was evangelizing afresh. So he could afford to visit them at home. Moreover, recall that in those times church services were conducted in the houses of members as the temples in gentile lands would forbid such. So the visit to houses was clearly for the conducting of Church services in the homes of elders and never during evangelism targeted at unbelievers.

In John 4:1-42, the conversion of the Samaritan Woman happened by the Well of Jacob where Jesus decided to rest during a journey. Are you now saying that Joseph's well was located in the Samaritan Woman's house? If so then why does verses 7 and 15 record that the woman came all the way to the well from her house? See how you have been lying and shamelessly misquoting the scriptures?

For the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch as recorded in Acts 8:26 referenced by you, everything started and ended on the road of the journey. Philip didn't follow him to his house. Here is how the encounter started and ended as recorded:

36-37. As they traveled down the road, they came to a place where there was some water, and the official said, *Here is some water. What is to keep me from being baptized?*

38. The official ordered the carriage to stop, and both Philip and the official went down into the water, and Philip baptized him.

39. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord took Philip away. The official did not see him again, but continued on his way, full of joy.

So how was that encounter a house to house preaching?

The 1 Corinthians 15:58 you referenced says as follows:

So then, my dear friends, stand firm and steady. Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord's service is ever useless.
Of what relevance is it to the issue of propriety of house to house preaching under contention? Do you really read the verses you quote?

Offspring of viper !!!!
' hairyrapunzel masquerades as 'deadlytruth'
Lying Pharisee always disdain the expressed command of Jesus Christ.
Mtschewwww.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Janosky:

Offspring of viper !!!!
Mtschewwww.

Show us where Jesus Christ commanded such? Liar liar you will quote a phrase in isolation and come to a conclusion. You forget and throwaway the other phrases in that same chapter just because they don't support your doctrine. Lol

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Jesus never said we should be asking questions even when there was no compiled bible. Why should I not agree with my pastor if he is preaching from the Bible am reading from?

How you operate is your business, everyone must do things like you.

There is no church I have attended where I was asked to give tithe or offering by force. Sometimes I don't give and no one had asked me why.

For ya record I have attended jw a couple of times.

Don't mind them they insult other churches yet they are guilty of doing what the churches do.
Their own sef is worse. They tell their members that if they donate their material assets (time, strength, sense, money, real estate, bonds, stocks etc) to their organization jehovah will make them happy.
They think we are dullards or cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
You're one funny clown that is worth watching on a circus Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy
If you don't understand,i have explained how JWs came out from these Satan's RELIGIOUS system. Revelations 18:4
Jesus(after his ascension) allowed falsehood to remain within Christianity{Matthew 13:24-30} after the death of the Apostles Apostles,Apostates with the backing of the Roman government scrap true Christianity so that people from far and near only knew Pagan Catholic Church as Christians. Many started protesting and breaking away but they are also having dealings with politics so they failed to produce the FRUIT required until America declared FREEDOM of speech,expression and worship. The door finally opened for TRUE Christianity to start taking shape again! So all that you've heard about JWs reformation is the result of Jesus back to inspect His spiritual temple and cleanse it.Matthew 24:45,Luke 18:8 That is why you hear of JWs changing so many things they used to do before,don't be obstinate about this because Jesus is still the same person,remember that is how He kept helping the first century Christians in readjusting their mindset. Remember TRUE Christians are HUMBLE so they will never think of what unbelievers will say whenever Jesus is teaching them to MAKE AMENDMENTS in their beliefs! John 6:61-69
Today TRUE Christianity is fully restored therefore whoever breaks away from what Jesus(the true vine) has established can never bear the FRUITS expected of Jesus' followers. John 15:4-6
watching on a circus Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop trying to interprete Bible verses in isolation. Read from verse 17 and you'll see that in verse 20 Paul was addressing only the Church elders and whose houses he had visited to conduct Sunday services for them and other believers... and not for evangelism of unbelievers.
In Romans 16:23 to 24 Paul sent greetings to Gaius in whose house he himself said the church (i.e. believers in Rome) used to meet.

Care to explain why then your organization, in the Awake edition already posted here, declares it is not pacifist and upholds members self defense with weapons?

The verse above only talks about having nothing to do with the world. You only smuggled the word "politics" into it to validate your heretic doctrine. Why don't you also avoid education, working in government parastatals, civil service, doing business, investing in stocks and bonds, etc since all such are equally thing done in the world?
In Acts 1: 6-7, the disciples demanded of Jesus to know when the Roman imperialist government would give way to self rule by Israelites...thus they were showing interest in the earthly politics of their country. Jesus didn't rebuke them but rather affirmed that God would grant that wish later in the future. Also, in Romans 16:23-24 Paul addressed Erastus as a brother in the Lord who held the position of treasurer in the City. That position is a political one, so why did Paul continue to see him as a brother if politics was forbidden in the fold? Therefore your doctrine kicking against political participation by Christians is man made and only aimed at the vainglorious pursuit of outward appearance of difference just to deceive the gullible lacking in deep knowledge of the scriptures.

If your organization were really making genuine efforts to ensure unity within its fold as these verses mandate, there wouldn't have been those schisms among you. Those breakway groups can't do those things because their view of them as heretic and unscriptural and their subsequent suppression and disfellowshiping for expressing such divergent views led to the schisms in the first instance. However, in the Orthodox and Pentecostals, divergent views are not suppressed but welcome for debate in Bible study sessions.

Well, Paul the Apostle has warned you here...1 Cor. 3:18

Jesus(after his ascension) allowed falsehood to remain within Christianity{Matthew 13:24-30} after the death of the Apostles Apostles,Apostates with the backing of the Roman government scrap true Christianity so that people from far and near only knew Pagan Catholic Church as Christians. Many started protesting and breaking away but they are also having dealings with politics so they failed to produce the FRUIT required until America declared FREEDOM of speech,expression and worship. The door finally opened for TRUE Christianity to start taking shape again!So all that you've heard about JWs reformation is the result of Jesus back to inspect His spiritual temple and cleanse it.Matthew 24:45,Luke 18:8

You must really be naive, gullible and simple minded to believe all these tales you hear from the 8 men in New York. If people were already breaking away from the Room Catholic Church, doesn't that suggest to you that there was already freedom of speech and worship in the lands where Roman Catholicism had spread to hence true Christianity (Whatever you mean by that) had already been restored? If their political involvements (which were scrptural as I already showed you above) made them fall short of the standards of your idea of true worship, doesn't that also mean that your organization too also fell far shorter of her own standards by ever declaring war time support for Adolf Hitler against the big business in UK and US...hence couldn't have been the true worship it claims to be? The earlier you retrieve your brain from these 8 mortal and sinful men like you, the better. The mere fact that, as you agree above, your organization could only thrive with under an atmosphere of freedom of speech and worship fought for and created by members of the American Epicospalian Church which your organization ironically terms apostate, is an indication that without the help of a wordly government you would have been non existent today. Your organization is the only religious group that rode on the back of a worldly government's friendliness to limelight yet it is the only one which demonizes earthly governments. What an interesting Irony! All other Christian groups had very challenging beginnings characterized by repression, clampdowns and imprisonment by hostile home governments. Same with the Apostles and Jesus Himself. Even the scriptures made it clear that genuine Christian groups must face such hostility from home governments at their founding stages. In fact the Apostles, Orthodox and Pentecostals took freedom of speech and expression to the lands they spread to by fighting the territorial governments with the power of the Holy Spirit. But your organization waited until freedom of speech had been fought for and established by unbelievers. Then it can't be God's organization.
That is why you hear of JWs changing so many things they used to do before,don't be obstinate about this because Jesus is still the same person,remember that is how He kept helping the first century Christians in readjusting their mindset. Remember TRUE Christians are HUMBLE so they will never think of what unbelievers will say whenever Jesus is teaching them to MAKE AMENDMENTS in their beliefs! John 6:61-69
[/quote]

The mere fact that your organization keeps changing its doctrines is the greatest evidence that it is not really of God and Jesus who promised to send the infallible and perfect (i.e. consistent) Holy Spirit as a guide, teacher and interpreter of the scriptures.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2019
Deadlytruth:

watching on a circus Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop trying to interprete Bible verses in isolation. Read from verse 17 and you'll see that in verse 20 Paul was addressing only the Church elders and whose houses he had visited to conduct Sunday services for them and other believers... and not for evangelism of unbelievers.
In Romans 16:23 to 24 Paul sent greetings to Gaius in whose house he himself said the church (i.e. believers in Rome) used to meet.

Care to explain why then your organization, in the Awake edition already posted here, declares it is not pacifist and upholds members self defense with weapons?

The verse above only talks about having nothing to do with the world. You only smuggled the word "politics" into it to validate your heretic doctrine. Why don't you also avoid education, working in government parastatals, civil service, doing business, investing in stocks and bonds, etc since all such are equally thing done in the world?
In Acts 1: 6-7, the disciples demanded of Jesus to know when the Roman imperialist government would give way to self rule by Israelites...thus they were showing interest in the earthly politics of their country. Jesus didn't rebuke them but rather affirmed that God would grant that wish later in the future. Also, in Romans 16:23-24 Paul addressed Erastus as a brother in the Lord who held the position of treasurer in the City. That position is a political one, so why did Paul continue to see him as a brother if politics was forbidden in the fold? Therefore your doctrine kicking against political participation by Christians is man made and only aimed at the vainglorious pursuit of outward appearance of difference just to deceive the gullible lacking in deep knowledge of the scriptures.

If your organization were really making genuine efforts to ensure unity within its fold as these verses mandate, there wouldn't have been those schisms among you. Those breakway groups can't do those things because their view of them as heretic and unscriptural and their subsequent suppression and disfellowshiping for expressing such divergent views led to the schisms in the first instance. However, in the Orthodox and Pentecostals, divergent views are not suppressed but welcome for debate in Bible study sessions.

Well, Paul the Apostle has warned you here...1 Cor. 3:18

Jesus(after his ascension) allowed falsehood to remain within Christianity{Matthew 13:24-30} after the death of the Apostles Apostles,Apostates with the backing of the Roman government scrap true Christianity so that people from far and near only knew Pagan Catholic Church as Christians. Many started protesting and breaking away but they are also having dealings with politics so they failed to produce the FRUIT required until America declared FREEDOM of speech,expression and worship. The door finally opened for TRUE Christianity to start taking shape again!So all that you've heard about JWs reformation is the result of Jesus back to inspect His spiritual temple and cleanse it.Matthew 24:45,Luke 18:8

You must really be naive, gullible and simple minded to believe all these tales you hear from the 8 men in New York. If people were already breaking away from the Room Catholic Church, doesn't that suggest to you that there was already freedom of speech and worship in the lands where Roman Catholicism had spread to hence true Christianity (Whatever you mean by that) had already been restored? If their political involvements (which were scrptural as I already showed you above) made them fall short of the standards of your idea of true worship, doesn't that also mean that your organization too also fell far shorter of her own standards by ever declaring war time support for Adolf Hitler against the big business in UK and US...hence couldn't have been the true worship it claims to be? The earlier you retrieve your brain from these 8 mortal and sinful men like you, the better. The mere fact that, as you agree above, your organization could only thrive with under an atmosphere of freedom of speech and worship fought for and created by members of the American Epicospalian Church which your organization ironically terms apostate, is an indication that without the help of a wordly government you would have been non existent today. Your organization is the only religious group that rode on the back of a worldly government's friendliness to limelight yet it is the only one which demonizes earthly governments. What an interesting Irony! All other Christian groups had very challenging beginnings characterized by repression, clampdowns and imprisonment by hostile home governments. Same with the Apostles and Jesus Himself. Even the scriptures made it clear that genuine Christian groups must face such hostility from home governments at their founding stages. In fact the Apostles, Orthodox and Pentecostals took freedom of speech and expression to the lands they spread to by fighting the territorial governments with the power of the Holy Spirit. But your organization waited until freedom of speech had been fought for and established by unbelievers. Then it can't be God's organization.
That is why you hear of JWs changing so many things they used to do before,don't be obstinate about this because Jesus is still the same person,remember that is how He kept helping the first century Christians in readjusting their mindset. Remember TRUE Christians are HUMBLE so they will never think of what unbelievers will say whenever Jesus is teaching them to MAKE AMENDMENTS in their beliefs! John 6:61-69

The mere fact that your organization keeps changing its doctrines is the greatest evidence that it is not really of God and Jesus who promised to send the infallible and perfect (i.e. consistent) Holy Spirit as a guide, teacher and interpreter of the scriptures.
You're FREE to decide on what to do Sir!
I have SEEN much more than what the OP posted that is why i presented what i believe but if you disagree with his post,you can continue saying what you believe.
God bless you! wink wink wink
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 10:21am On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
I have SEEN much more than what the OP posted that is why i presented what i believe but if you disagree with his post,you can continue saying what you believe.
No genuine Christian is free do decide what to do outside the scriptures. That is why we are trying to determine validity by scrptural referencing. So whichever group can't prove her beliefs with the scriptures is fake. So far you have failed woefully to defend your beliefs with the scriptures hence your organization is fake and apostate.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Janosky: 10:27am On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:

Hairyrapunzel is 'Deadlytruth' , his viral load of prejudice ,hate & senseless is unequalled.
That's the Gubernatorial Candidate of Yaba/Uselu kolo State.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 10:28am On Jan 28, 2019
Janosky:

Offspring of viper !!!!
Mtschewwww.
Your own comments no longer bother me because your inability to go further in misquoting Bible verses in isolation but resort to tantrums have made it clear that you have in your subconscious mind acknowledged it that most of your doctrines are man made. Please go and collect your brain back from those 8 men in New York.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 28, 2019
Deadlytruth:

No genuine Christian is free do decide what to do outside the scriptures. That is why we are trying to determine validity by scrptural referencing. So whichever group can't prove her beliefs with the scriptures is fake. So far you have failed woefully to defend your beliefs with the scriptures hence your organization is fake and apostate.
Thanks for your observation,God bless you Sir! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 28, 2019
Janosky:

Hairyrapunzel is 'Deadlytruth' , his viral load of prejudice ,hate & senseless is unequalled.
My brother, Jesus said let your YES remain YES while your NO remains NO,anything short of this is from Satan the Devil! Matthew 5:37
I will continue to take Hairyrapunzel for Hairyrapunzel and Deadlytruth for Deadlytruth, as long as the bears keep calling themselves separate persons,remember those who goes on disguising are descendants of the one who disguised as a serpent at Genesis 3:1-5.
Please let's continue dealing with these beautiful souls the way they are presenting themselves{sincere persons} it's not ours to decide who they are,each person will know in his/her own heart where he/she TRULY belongs!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
My brother, Jesus said let your YES remain YES while your NO remains NO,anything short of this is from Satan the Devil! Matthew 5:37
I will continue to take Hairyrapunzel for Hairyrapunzel and Deadlytruth for Deadlytruth, as long as the bears keep calling themselves separate persons,remember those who goes on disguising are descendants of the one who disguised as a serpent at Genesis 3:1-5.
Please let's continue dealing with these beautiful souls the way they are presenting themselves{sincere persons} it's not ours to decide who they are,each person will know in his/her own heart where he/she TRULY belongs!

You said your jehovah will exterminate people who don't worship him the way you do. Now it's not for you to decide. Lol

So last last you just assume people are descendants of the one disguised as serpent. Lol

I don't know where the bible said that those who had contrary views to what watchtower organization teaches are descendants of the serpent in genesis.

Well, I ain't bothered cause you are assuming. It's all inside your head/imagination. It isn't true as the bible never mentioned such, it's still a big lie as usual. Lol

The things you guys carry inside your head no be here. You guys are just delusional. You guys need help.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Janosky:

I no fit laugh. Since you can't justify your beliefs biblically you then resort to throwing tantrums and falsely accusing people who hold contrary opinions to watchtower organization's teaching to cover up your deficiencies. Lol

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

You said your jehovah will exterminate people who don't worship him the way you do. Now it's not for you to decide. Lol

So last last you just assume people are descendants of the one disguised as serpent. Lol

I don't know where the bible said that those who had contrary views to what watchtower organization teaches are descendants of the serpent in genesis.

Well, I ain't bothered cause you are assuming. It's all inside your head/imagination. It isn't true as the bible never mentioned such, it's still a big lie as usual. Lol

The things you guys carry inside your head no be here. You guys are just delusional. You guys need help.
People who DISGUISE in form of impersonation are like Satan the devil who keeps disguising as one person and in the next minute another! 2Corinthians 11:13-15
So what i'm saying is you are a man of integrity and more noble than a person who will be changing from one username to another simply because he feels like pushing his ideas to others!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
People who DISGUISE in form of impersonation are like Satan the devil who keeps disguising as one person and in the next minute another! 2Corinthians 11:13-15
So what i'm saying is you are a man of integrity and more noble than a person who will be changing from one username to another simply because he feels like pushing his ideas to others!

Hmmm. Why should I change from one username to another? See me see wahala. Abi you change username so you can push your ideas to others? Ayam not understanding. I no fit laugh.
Tell us now o if it's what you do. Janosky and tatime reason alike I think the usernames belong to the same person.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Hmmm. Why should I change from one username to another? See me see wahala. Abi you change username so you can push your ideas to others? Ayam not understanding. I no fit laugh.
Tell us now o if it's what you do. Janosky and tatime reason alike I think the usernames belong to the same person.
Criticism is not a easy job my friend,so try to calm down in order to read the mind of your audience because if you're just out to make others feel bad then you'll never be able to gain anybody,all you'll find yourself doing is blowing the wind! 1Corinthians 9:26
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
Criticism is not a easy job my friend,so try to calm down in order to read the mind of your audience because if you're just out to make others feel bad then you'll never be able to gain anybody,all you'll find yourself doing is blowing the wind! 1Corinthians 9:26

Like I told you I am trying to gain somebody. Lol
So my words are actually getting to you? Eya kpele.
No vex.
I know your job is difficult. Trying to tell people that your God will exterminate people who don't distribute watchtower organization magazine so they will join your religion is very hard I know. Just take heart.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Like I told you I am trying to gain somebody. Lol
So my words are actually getting to you? Eya kpele.
No vex.
I know your job is difficult. Trying to tell people that your God will exterminate people who don't distribute watchtower organization magazine so they will join your religion is very hard I know. Just take heart.
Hmmmmmmmm well a wise teachers said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Luke 6:45
I'm not trying to make you feel bad because it's what i have that i can share which is Joy. It's only sadists who often thinks of depriving others of joy! So i'm happy Sir.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm well a wise teachers said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Luke 6:45
I'm not trying to make you feel bad because it's what i have that i can share which is Joy. It's only sadists who often thinks of depriving others of joy! So i'm happy Sir.

Me feel bad ke? Lol. I can't feel bad o. Nobody is dying or has died from everyone having a contrary opinion. I no fit laff.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
Janosky:

At least it is now clear that you have lost out totally on the scriptures-based debate about the right doctrine hence your resort to childish tantrums and cries. Let's even assume I am Hairyrapunzel, how does that change the fact that my submissions have exposed your organization's doctrine as mostly man made and based on interpretation of Bible verses in isolation? Care to explain?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation / 2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.