Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (29364 Views)

Top 10 Pentecostal Churches In Nigeria. / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by deepwater(f): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2018
Lol
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by ejimatic: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:
How do JW fund their Kingdom hall buildings and other projects? I am curious.
It is done by voluntary contribution into their donation boxes. Every month they read their account report to the congregation. They are organized people. They are united all over the world

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by AreaFada2: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:
Many bequeath their wealth to JW church when they die. Many also donate large sums too but all done as anonymously as possible. You do not get a front row seat because you regularly donate millions.
The little donations people give anonymously add up to a lot. Remember that most of their full time staff are volunteers.

Many JW doctrine actually seem closest to early Christianity's. Some of their doctrine may seem extreme but majority of them actually practice what they preach.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by bionixs: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2018
nairavsdollars:
I attended the church of Jehovah's Witnesses and i noticed they don't compel people to pay Tithes and Offerings like most Pentecostal churches.

All they have is a box where any willing attendee is free to drop whatever he or she desires. No POS, no long sermon, no threat on giving like most Pentecostal churches. Jesus Christ never forced people to give and Christians are meant to emulate Christ.

I don’t like their doctrines but on this i am impressed.
no church COMPELS anyone to give offering,no matter how they paint it in black on the social media; but if the priest in the church truly wants the prosperity of his members,he would encourage them to give. give and it shall be giving UNTO you. Any person that discourages you to give doesn't love you or your true prosperity.It is not biblical NOT to give. Giving is living. you don't reap what you didn't SOW. Giving is showing seed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by shabak: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
OgaBuhari:
That is why we need to chase out that old vegetable out of aso rock come 2019
Christian only worship pastors

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Officialzoe: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
this is pointless. have u ever been beaten in church for not dropping offering ?

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
Stop this comparison. Offerings are optional in pentecostal churches. You are not compelled to give but advised to give.

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by mencer(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
You're talking about two different religion.... They're not the same

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Zendinho(m): 10:57am On Jul 29, 2018
obailala:
In the surface, it's not really seen as 'forcing', but when someone you hold in high esteem, revere and even fear, psychologically blackmails you with religious and eternal damnation threats in order for you to part with your money, it is only in Africa that such acts are not viewed as 'Force'.

There is a clear distinction between force and manipulation.....

Force can only be applied to gullible followers

But manipulation spread to everyone including the learned followers.

So in most cases, the latter is applied.

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by aywhy93(m): 10:57am On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
It was not possible in my case o. At all and it wasn't funny. I even offered to convert but she said that I had to be born a witness.

You don't have to be born a witness. Not all witnesses you see are born as a witness but the issue is as you said... You wanted to convert because of her. So what happens when you get what you're after..? You go back to where you're coming from.?

The main thing is seeing the difference and if that's where you ought to be because of the accuracy and truthfulness in the bible teachings, make the move not because of the Lady you are trying to get. There are countless numbers of beautiful, morally upright and well mannered ladies there.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by oganology33(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
Has offering ever been compulsory
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Eagba(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=budusky05 post=69799337][/quote]inaddiction, to that they design there building a cost effective way thaw makes it easy to manage. I trying some of there design into my building plan

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by deepwater(f): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:

They have a huge work force base in every country of their operation.

Here in Nigeria, they operate from Igieduma in Edo State otherwise referred to as Bethel.

In there , they have thousands of volunteers in different discipline to assist in every aspect they may require. They are skilled, semi skilled and so like that. With such volunteers for free, you may wish to agree that funds would be just a minor faction to erecting structures. And yes they don't pay salaries to their volunteers(as they always say) but they have other volunteers that do the cooking, another that do the farming and another that does just about any other thing. It's like a system of government where you trade in barter by helping some group do what your group can and the other groups help your group whey they can. That way money becomes almost insignificant.

But hey man. That sheet is a cult.
So many rules, u don't fuxk doggy style, u don't keep goatees, u don't pray with others, no allegiance to the country, no singing of national anthem, no joining of military, no smoking but you can drink to stupor and no anal sex,

4 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by honey001(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
Nobody is forcing you to give unto the lord.... God accepts only offering that is given unto him with a willing heart...

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by semyman: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2018
Impossible, after tithes that is the next reason for their proliferation

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by InansBobo(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2018
Kingstanding:
. But G.O's said no tithe no heaven and also God will not answer the prayer of anyone that did not pay tithe.
thats why I said there are different churches. I can't tell you that I have seen some orthodox churches that act worse than some Pentecostals. So the point is find where your heart falls to and serve your God

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Ever8054: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2018
InansBobo:
Have u ever been to a Pentecostal church and was sent out because you were not with offering/tithe?
Has any Pentecostal forced money out of your pocket? (if any then run from there because they are many that don't do that). You just want to attack baselessly
he is right...they must not dip hand in ya packet or chase you out but the treat and courses alone is something else..most pentecostal churches today has driven some people out of church in with there business activities in the house of God...

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Waffarianman(m): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
It was not possible in my case o. At all and it wasn't funny. I even offered to convert but she said that I had to be born a witness.

Bro check my UserName.

Warri no dey carry last, like I'll always say thug of war just stand on your ground and pretent to be one of them then pull out nothing will happen... Trust me and she always be with you

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by notoriousbabe: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2018
Op you want hunger to kill your pastors?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Adayoung(f): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2018
But no one forces u to give offering or tithe na.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by AndikanEssien(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:

Thru the same voluntary contributions. More so, money contributed is used exclusively to meet needs of the kingdom work and it's never for one man's (or a few men's) consumption. Also Jehovah's Witnesses do not have a paid clergy, all the work done is voluntary.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Yankee101: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2018
Em, even when they pass the basket around it's still optional

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2018
Waffarianman:

Bro check my UserName.

Warri no dey carry last, like I'll always say thug of war just stand on your ground and pretent to be one of them then pull out nothing will happen... Trust me and she always be with you
Bros I no be warri but na the same Garri all of us dey smoke. She don marry now self. The babe alert die, she know this trick well well.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by OgaBuhari: 11:16am On Jul 29, 2018
shabak:
Christian only worship pastors
muslims worships Satan whose name is also allahu akbar the devilish terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Waffarianman(m): 11:17am On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
Bros I no be warri but na the same Garri all of us dey smoke. She don marry now self. The babe alert die, she know this trick well well.

Bro she dey lean 4wey i dey, i wsh u met me 4 d 1st tym wth me u go suicide her i bet u wth my Balls. Lol
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by InansBobo(m): 11:18am On Jul 29, 2018
Ever8054:
he is right...they must not dip hand in ya packet or chase you out but the treat and courses alone is something else..most pentecostal churches today has driven some people out of church in with there business activities in the house of God...
that is why there is freedom of religion. I'm sure you're 18+ so there's no way someone will force you to give. If you know your Bible and the way someone is telling you to give, you are not OK with it, choice is always left for you.
There's nobody on earth that can tell me that my mother is a witch after me or something that I'd believe or take likely no matter who you are, in the same way nobody can cajole me into giving against my wish by any threat. That's why I'm an adult - Decision

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2018
nairavsdollars:
I attended the church of Jehovah's Witnesses and i noticed they don't compel people to pay Tithes and Offerings like most Pentecostal churches.

All they have is a box where any willing attendee is free to drop whatever he or she desires. No POS, no long sermon, no threat on giving like most Pentecostal churches. Jesus Christ never forced people to give and Christians are meant to emulate Christ.

I don’t like their doctrines but on this i am impressed.

Offering is optional everywhere. If you don't have, nobody harasses you. Even if you have but don't want to give, nobody forces you. Abi you want the churches to be starved of funds? Are you just using style to wage war on the churches?

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by JWTheocracy1: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:

We have successfully been doing that for decades now through Voluntarily donations and anonymously. No one knows who give this or gave that.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 11:25am On Jul 29, 2018
Waffarianman:

Bro she dey lean 4wey i dey, i wsh u met me 4 d 1st tym wth me u go suicide her i bet u wth my Balls. Lol
Oh bob, e be like say English too follow the matter self and our connect na based on long distance. As if the girl de on local call for hood, the trap for catch because na physical I for pack omo and jik full her body, wash am well well until she weak. She for chop something before marriage self. Well, I don move on, my eye de bigger things. I no get time for anybody when want give me delay again unless the delay worth am.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:

Donations.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2018
InansBobo:
Have u ever been to a Pentecostal church and was sent out because you were not with offering/tithe?
Has any Pentecostal forced money out of your pocket? (if any then run from there because they are many that don't do that). You just want to attack baselessly

Adeboye said that if u don't pay tithe, U will go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by felixomor: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2018
InansBobo:

Honestly as u said.
He just wants to talk baselessly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex / 21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Pastor Kenneth Eze, His Wife & 2 Children Die In Lagos Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.