Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation (29262 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

On what happened to the family of the people he killed or roasted ....

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

Rev King should do the time cos he did the crime ...simple

231 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
pls type in igbo language, so they understand better

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

When a man that claims that he is man of God does something bad we should not judge

The grace has departed

Nwanne jiri Uche gi na eme Ife

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Angelberry:

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by YourMrBoo: 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
Brother, are you sure you know what transpired??

Hapu kwanu ihe inuru
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by DaBullIT(m): 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ibo and Pprotest = 5 and 6 even when the cause is not justified

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by biafranbaby(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
doG's ways are mysterious.

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Chigold101(m): 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
Christopher123 please let me make it clear to you. Rev King is not a penticostal pastor.

He is running a spiritual church.

You mentioned catholic church. Please tell me who are the fathers of all those children that u have in convents run by rev sisters.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Marotzke(m): 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Op, you are the person that got it wrong. Any person can ask for what he or she wants. You can't muzzle anybody.

They can even say it is on behalf of Ndigbo, does it matter? You know those who speak for Ndigbo.
Is Metuh, or Onyeka synonymous with Ndigbo? You answer that.
Not long ago some people spread the news that the new Ooni, was under EFCC investigation. Did it mean that Yorubas dragged their foremost king to EFCC? No. Did anybody pressure them to the point of denial or rebuttal, No.
Why do you allow yourself to be pushed around and outsiders dictate your priorities? So someone asked that reverend king be freed? So what?what is wrong with that? When did it become an Igbo thing?
Someone was being served by a naked maiden: and you are foaming in the mouth. Go and read the rotten and lascivious story of Jesus of Oyingbo and you will know that Igbudu is still a learner.

Bottom line, don't allow others push you to be on the defensive all the time ,to the point of eating up yourself.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Armaggedon: 4:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
christopher123:
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

op u are not very correct. Infact u are not being fair to Igbos.

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

pastor Awuzia of zoe ministry was also accussed also

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

summary: igbos expose their criminal pastors, yolobas cover and worship thiers

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity

modified

they are calling me names because i said the truth. Yes! Revd king committed a crime and he is no man of God. But i have never seen a yoruba condemn joshua for close to hundred pple that died. the fact that those that quoted and cursed me are yolobas lends credence to my assertion.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by EdCure: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
Angelberry:
Honestly. They don't seem evolved enough to adopt enviable values nor abide by conventional ethics.
They are stuck in the bubble of igbohood (and whatever silliness it represents).

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by EdCure: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
Ibo and Pprotest = 5 and 6 even when the cause is not justified
That's why I always say: 'anybody can use the ibos'.
They are the gull-ibo people.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 8:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Chigold101:
Christopher123 please let me make it clear to you. Rev King is not a penticostal pastor.

He is running a spiritual church.

You mentioned catholic church. Please tell me who are the fathers of all those children that u have in convents run by rev sisters.

Maybe you should tell me their fathers

Rev King is a Pentecostal Church dude

9 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 8:32am On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Did the people he burnt complain to you? they accepted it and God knows why it happened,

God is Great

they should leave the man of God alone

So also the Jews killed in concentration camps did complain and God knows why

What is wrong with people

They don't know that God gave us choices and ability to do good but this Rev king did bad

He should go for it

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity

That's why as an igbo man ..I will not condone it...let leave how Yoruba do their s

26 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

SMH... so if one of those conmen and smooth criminals who call themselves pastors roasts your child, you will tell the law to let it pass simply because they call themselves men of God? If Pastor King can judge a girl and condemn her to be burnt and he actually even went ahead with it by himself, why can't he be judged too. Does he have two heads. Is he above the law?

Please, he should be hanged ASAP and his followers should be rehabilitated. No one is above the law. It should serve as a warning to other men of dogs alike who think their claims to supernatural anointing makes them above the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by plaetton: 9:07am On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

My friend, why is it a feel good drug, a fix for you never-do-wells to insult Igbo people at every slightest opportunity?
Has an Igbo man also stolen your lunch?

What does Rev King have to do with me or every other Igbo in the world ?
Why must you insult me and my people over rev King?
Is he the king of the Igbos?

Are you so pretty minded, so intellectually bereft that you cannot make the distinction between some people who are exercising free speech, and the entire people of ignoland?

That some misguided people with Igbo names are asking for his release is not in any way tantamount to the millions of Igbos being in the same delusional state.

Anyone who knows anything at all about Igbos is that we don't think or act in herds. We are not clannish, and are probably the most diverse and dynamic in terms of worldviews.

The Nigerian prison population is equally representative of the Nigerian ethnic diversity.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by sweetgala(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2016
Marotzke:
Op, you are the person that got it wrong. Any person can ask for what he or she wants. You can't muzzle anybody.

They can even say it is on behalf of Ndigbo, does it matter? You know those who speak for Ndigbo.
Is Metuh, or Onyeka synonymous with Ndigbo? You answer that.
Not long ago some people spread the news that the new Ooni, was under EFCC investigation. Did it mean that Yorubas dragged their foremost king to EFCC? No. Did anybody pressure them to the point of denial or rebuttal, No.
Why do you allow yourself to be pushed around and outsiders dictate your priorities? So someone asked that reverend king be freed? So what?what is wrong with that? When did it become an Igbo thing?
Someone was being served by a naked maiden: and you are foaming in the mouth. Go and read the rotten and lascivious story of Jesus of Oyingbo and you will know that Igbudu is still a learner.

Bottom line, don't allow others push to be on the defensive all the time to the point of eating up yourself.

You do know the individuals championing the EFCC palava of the Ooni are Yoruba men.

14 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by sweetgala(m): 9:22am On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

Yolobas , that's what it has come to now, just childish sentiments.

Unfortunately neither Oyedepo nor Adeboye have been found guilty of gross misconduct or criminal activism, in Nigeria. Oyedepo can't enter UK and he was heavily criticised by many people including many Yoruba on social media.

I remember well when Oyedepo slapped the young witch and he was descended upon by many Yoruba on this same NL.

Abeg abeg abeg, while you can state your argument apply reason and if you don't want your dear Igbo attacked don't do so yourself.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by sweetgala(m): 9:25am On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Did the people he burnt complain to you? they accepted it and God knows why it happened,

God is Great

I'm.not sure I read this right

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Gbengais(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

If they are allocating positions to members of the world foolish people, u should be their chairman.. cos wisdom is soo far from you

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by herald9: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

God is Great

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Psalm18: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze
Lol you are joking right?

Anyways addressing the matter; I don't believe in capital punishment myself but that's me( until we lobby to change the law to life imprisonment) then King will have to hang.

What make his own even pitiful is he killed people fully aware, it was not the "accidental discharge" defence.
I hope his brainwashed members are able to come out of their trance.
The lagos state govt should revoke or demolish the church before the members turn it to a shrine or a Copy cat King spring up.

10 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by DelGardo: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2016
plaetton:

My friend, why is it a feel good drug, a fix for you never-do-wells to insult Igbo people at every slightest opportunity?
Has an Igbo man also stolen your lunch?

What does Rev King have to do with me or every other Igbo in the world ?
Why must you insult me and my people over rev King?
Is he the king of the Igbos?

Are you so pretty minded, so intellectually bereft that you cannot make the distinction between some people who are exercising free speech, and the entire people of ignoland?

That some misguided people with Igbo names are asking for his release is not in any way tantamount to the millions of Igbos being in the same delusional state.

Anyone who knows anything at all about Igbos is that we don't think or act in herds. We are not clannish, and are probably the most diverse and dynamic in terms of worldviews.

The Nigerian prison population is equally representative of the Nigerian ethnic diversity.

On the bolded you will find that our total support for the clueless Jonathan, who did nothing for Ndigbo, makes this your assertion untrue. Majority of Igbo's have voted that they are not so different from Ndi Ugwu in certain circumstances so we should stop all this pontificating.

29 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by plaetton: 11:10am On Feb 28, 2016
DelGardo:

On the bolded you will find that our total support for the clueless Jonathan, who did nothing for Ndigbo, makes this your assertion untrue. Majority of Igbo's have voted that they are not so different from Ndi Ugwu in certain circumstances so we should stop all this pontificating.

Wrong on that score sir.

First, Jonathan did not score 100% of votes in any Igbo state.

Secondly, people in southeast are impervious to brainwashing. So there was no way to convince them that a colorless( just being polite) and pretentious character like Buhari would ever do anything beneficial for the Nigerian state.

Their vote can be seen as against the everything that Buhari represented, when you strip away the propaganda.

And to prove my point, towards the tail end of the last election campaign, I had bought in the change mantra and propaganda myself.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by PRXPERT: 11:20am On Feb 28, 2016
What is really wrong with you people? everything that happens must be igbo this igbo that? are you not tired of all these nonsenses? when you listen to them you would think other tribes are more cosmopolitan, but in the real life igbos are way above others, google any igbo name of your choice, you will find a lot of them doing something meaningful far from nigeria, igbo are beyond the group of people that support reverend king,support catholic pentecostal, or didn't you see another family supporting el zakazy? people are supporting tb joshua,el zakazy babalawos no one has come and write that yoruba group or hausa group but this time you must stupidly attach igbo in your senseless write up. I don't know what is really wrong with some of you.. everybody now feels he/she has opinion on igbo's affair...

13 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by PRXPERT: 11:24am On Feb 28, 2016
DelGardo:

young man! what can you use as yardstick to measure who is clannish or not in nigeria... I know pretty well that igbos in nigeria are mostly multilingual than any tribe!!

4 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Marcelini(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2016
DelGardo:

Ignorant comment. GEJ is neither an Igbo man nor from the SE. Our support for him couldn't have been clannish, as he is not from an Igbo clan, instead it's a hallmark of Igbo tolerance and liberalism, sticking out our neck for a non Igbo, whose people once betrayed us.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? / My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.