Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Doing All The Works That Jesus Did - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doing All The Works That Jesus Did (382 Views)

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / 65 Biblical Proofs Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jn. 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
Jn. 14:13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Jesus said that anyone who has faith in Jesus Christ can do all the work that he did during his earthly ministry. He went on to say that a person who has faith in him can do even greater work than he did. How does one fulfill this promise of Jesus?
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jesus said, "Anyone who has faith in me." Obviously, "faith" is the key to doing the works that Jesus did. What exactly is faith?

He. 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

He. 11:1 says that there are two types of faith. One type of faith is about what one doesn't yet have, but is hoping to have, someday. The other type of faith is about an invisible thing that a person already has. In order to do the works that Jesus did, you must have the invisible thing that Jesus had during his earthly ministry. If you don't have what Jesus had and you are trying to faith it out, that is pure wishful thinking and it will never work.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
What did Jesus have that enabled him to do the great works?

Mt. 12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Jesus definitely had the Holy Spirit of God; and he said that he did what he did by the Spirit. But then, a lot of Christians of today also have the Holy Spirit of God. Why are they not doing the kind of things that Jesus did? There is definitely more to just having the Spirit of God that is required to do the works that Jesus did during his earthly ministry.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

Jn. 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit [Or Spirit] and they are life.

Jn. 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
Jn. 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jn. 6:55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
Jn. 6:56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.
Jn. 6:57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
Jn. 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live for ever.”

What enabled Jesus to do the works he did during his earthly ministry was the divine essence in his inner being. The inner man can only eat spiritual food and drink spiritual drink. As the inner man eats and drinks, it grows in stature and hence in power. It is the power of his inner man that enabled Jesus to do all the work that he did during his earthly ministry.

The inner man becomes very powerful when it is full of divine life. Divine life can only be released to the inner man by the Holy Spirit of God. Even though many Christians of today have the Holy Spirit, they are yet to learn the importance of regularly eating the flesh of God and drinking the blood of God through the Holy Spirit and how to do it. That is the only thing separating Christians that have the Holy Spirit from doing the works that Jesus did during his earthly ministry.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
How to eat Spiritual Food and drink Spiritual Drink

On the Pentecost day, God gave the Israelites water from the rock. Similarly, on the Pentecost day following the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ, God baptized the disciples of Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit. The inner beings drank spiritual drink.

John 4:34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mark 1:35 [ Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place ] Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

It was the practice of Jesus to go to a solitary place and pray, before the breaking of each day. Why did Jesus need to do this?

I think that Jesus needed to fill himself up with divine life before going out to do God's work each day. The only way for Jesus to regularly fill himself up with divine life was by speaking to the rock (the Holy Spirit) that was with him.

I can write all these because of the experience I am currently having.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 6:47am On Aug 01, 2018

Ok, so did you do things like Jesus did? I pray to God, I read Bible but I can't even do small things. Only God knows how many night I was praying to God in Jesus name to heal my father. Didnt happen for 17 years. My dad died.

So I have simple question for you - do you do things like Jesus? You posted good lecture, thank you for that - but do you do things like Jesus?
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3883063/reply69966603

I am still at a beginning stage. I lay my hand on the sick and pray and they recover. I am still in the process of growing my inner being. As I grow inwardly, I will be able to do more like Jesus. Right now, I am also growing in righteousness.

This whole thing actually began sometime in 2013. I was lying on my bed and this saying of Jesus that if by the Spirit he casted out demons came to my mind. From that time I began to say that I do things by the Holy Spirit of God; because I have the Holy Spirit in me, things actually did happen, even though at very low level.

Some other day, Jesus' saying that unless we drink his blood and et his flesh we have no life in us came to my mind while I was also lying on my bed. I then began to say that I drink the blood of Jesus and I eat the flesh of Jesus, imagining it while I spoke. With time, I changed it to, "I drink the blood of God and I eat the flesh of God". Towards the end of 2013, any sick person that I laid my hand upon and spoke something like, "I heal you of whatever that is troubling your body by the Holy Spirit of God" got healed immediately. I couldn't place my finger on why exactly the power to heal came upon me. Over time my healing ability reduced, apparently because I stopped saying the kind of prayers that gave me the ability to heal.

Recently, as I meditated on the kind of thing that you called "theory", I discovered that the secret to my healing ability of 2013 is drinking the blood of God (not Jesus). It was God in Jesus that spoke about drinking His blood. As I drink the blood of God by faith, my inner being is filled with divine life. When I now meet a sick person, I lay my hand on her/him and say: "I fill your whole body with the blood of the most High God through the Holy Spirit of God. I overcome whatever that is troubling this body by the blood of God. Holy Spirit of God, fill this body with life abundantly and destroy the power of death in this body. Put to death every organism that is afflicting this body with sickness, disease or infirmity and restore this body to good health and strength. I pray in the me of Jesus."
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by GentlePEACE: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2018
ride on sir/ma, this is inspiring. Over time, i've also observed that with my deep fasting and prayer, daily reading of his words, i saw myself casting out demons so easily, placing hands and people recieve the gift of speaking in tongues, God is great. You know, God seems to act silent when we serve him at the early stage of our consecration to him, to test whether you will still stand. Once you pass and prove to him that he is all that you have, just like Kathryn Kuhlman who publicly state 'the Holy Spirit is all that she got' come and see wonders.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2018
GentlePEACE:
ride on sir/ma, this is inspiring. Over time, i've also observed that with my deep fasting and prayer, daily reading of his words, i saw myself casting out demons so easily, placing hands and people recieve the gift of speaking in tongues, God is great. You know, God seems to act silent when we serve him at the early stage of our consecration to him, to test whether you will still stand. Once you pass and prove to him that he is all that you have, just like Kathryn Kuhlman who publicly state 'the Holy Spirit is all that she got' come and see wonders.

You are greatly blessed, GentlePEACE.
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by GentlePEACE: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Kei144:

You are greatly blessed, GentlePEACE.
amen... Keep up with the updates, you've got me glued and i believe others too are reading. You can trust that i will contribute and air my personal experience when i see where i need to, for the faith of others to be grounded as well. God bless you
Re: Doing All The Works That Jesus Did by Kei144(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2018
You have Faith, can you do something for me? I really need some money, some oportunities to find job. Can you pray with your faith to God to give me this? My prayers arent working..

This is serious.
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3883063/reply69970403

You don't need me to pray for you. My purpose in posting this thread is to get people to know that they can rise up in the spirit to begin to do the kind of things that Jesus did during his earthly ministry. Jesus lacked money during his earthly ministry. He didn't go about asking for donations, tithes, offering or seed sowing.

Mt. 17:24 After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?”
25 “Yes, he does,” he replied. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. “What do you think, Simon?” he asked. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?”
26 “From others,” Peter answered. “Then the children are exempt,” Jesus said to him.
27 “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.”

If you build up divine life in you as I explained in one of my posts above, you will rise up to a point where you can pray: "Holy Spirit of the Most High God, open doors for me to make all the money that I need." And money will come. If you build up the rock in you, you get to a point where you can speak to the rock to release whatever it is that you need and the thing you need will appear.

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

(1) (Reply)

Need Answer Pls Iam Confuse / Lady Gives Birth To A Catfish, Today, At The Prophetic Light Ministry (video) / Religion, The Greatest Scam Of Mankind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.