Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago (39095 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Aguiyi Ironsi Visiting Ibadan Before His Arrest And Murder / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2018
maasoap:

Yeah, it was an Eastern coup. Copy iblad0994
very wrong....history has eroded u.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2018
Kennydoc:

Bros, there is no ethnic group in Nigeria called Anioma. Anioma is simply a name coined from the first letters of the 4 local government groups that make up the Igbo speaking part of Delta State and also Delta North Senatorial District.
ANIO-MA
A - Aniocha (North and South)
N - Ndokwa (East and West) + Ukwuani
I - Ika (North-East and South)
O - Oshimili (North and South)
While Ukwuani (Ukwuani and Ndokwa LGAs) and Ika people comfortably claim they are not Igbo, an Oshimili man claiming he's not Igbo is only deceiving himself.

u don't tell me what I know more than u.....anioma are not igbos biko.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2018
Kennydoc:

Bros, there is no ethnic group in Nigeria called Anioma. Anioma is simply a name coined from the first letters of the 4 local government groups that make up the Igbo speaking part of Delta State and also Delta North Senatorial District.
ANIO-MA
A - Aniocha (North and South)
N - Ndokwa (East and West) + Ukwuani
I - Ika (North-East and South)
O - Oshimili (North and South)
While Ukwuani (Ukwuani and Ndokwa LGAs) and Ika people comfortably claim they are not Igbo, an Oshimili man claiming he's not Igbo is only deceiving himself.

The second question: Are Anioma people Igbos?
There have been several debates about the true origin of the Anioma people and the language they speak. There is a strong belief that the Anioma people are Igbos and that they speak Igbo language. To keep the record straight, the Anioma people are not Igbos and they do not speak Igbo language. The Anioma people speak, "Enuani, Ika and Ukwuani languages". We are proud of our identity; our identity is our pride, strength and unifying factor. Our Anioma attire (Akwa Anioma) is recognized anywhere in the world. There may be similarities in some Anioma and Igbo names: such as Chukwuma, Chukwuka, Chukwudi, Ngozi, Udoka, among other names that have the same spellings, pronunciations and meanings like that of the Igbos but, the fact remains that we are not Igbos. We may also have some similarities in language that does not make us Igbo people.
The Aniocha and Oshimili though are closer to the Anambra people cannot be referred to as Igbo people. The same could be said of Owa people in Ika North East Local Government whose ancestral home is believed to be Nri, in Anambra State. The Ndokwa and Ukwuani areas are a mix of different peoples, some with a strong claim to Benin ancestry while others claim to different origin. The Abohs and some clans in the region claimed to have left Benin in the 16th century or earlier in the same wave of migration that established most of the Igbo speaking towns West of the Niger and even Onitcha in the East. Some sections of the Abohs believed that they are direct descendants of people from Benin while others look across the Niger into the Igbo hinterland as their origin, yet some even look far up the Niger, Igala as their ancestral home. The founder of Abbi, in Ndokwa West Local Government for instance, Amaha, the elders of Abbi are not sure of the location of his town but, it is believed to be in Eastern Nigeria. The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Dr. Benjamin Ikenchuku Keagborekuzi I, in one of his recent meetings with his subjects at his palace called on them to stop promoting Igbo culture. He further advised that the Igbo red cap should also be dropped as it is not a native cap for Agbor Kingdom. The revered monarch's statement clearly gave credence to the fact that the Agbor people share the same ancestral history with the Benin people and not the Igbo people.
The third question: How do we promote and sustain our rich, diverse and unique cultural heritage?
We are proud of our heritage, history and background. We are unique people in the world. We should encourage those things that will help promote us culturally and also, cement our unity. We should learn how to project Anioma in whatever we do. The names of our children should always reflect our Anioma identity. Our Anioma traditional rulers should give more relevance to our festivals. The histories of the various Kingdoms in Anioma should be taught in schools. Above all, as Anioma people we should not allow our language to go into extinction. We should be teaching our children how to speak our native language in our various homes. Anioma is our land, our strength, our pride and center of unity. We should therefore, imbibe the character of showcasing and promoting the Anioma course anywhere we are in the world.
In promoting Anioma course, we should respect one another. There is strength in unity, as the saying goes; “united we stand, divided we fall”. We should not discriminate or quarrel among ourselves as we project this great course of Anioma nation. The Aniocha/
Oshimili man, the Ndokwa/Ukwuani man, and the Ika man, should see themselves as one. It is only when we work in one accord and in synergy that we will be able to achieve maximum result. Anioma is our home, we have no other place, hence, it is very necessary for us to stay united and build it to an enviable height. A height where even development could easily be achieved and a height where investors will be willing and ready to invest without any fear of insecurity.
In conclusion, we are Anioma people not Igbo people. We should be proud of our cultural heritage and background. I must say a big thank you to the National President and the entire members of Anioma Association, USA for the selfless works you are doing to move Anioma nation forward. I call on all Anioma sons and daughters in the United States of America to identify with this association for the overall benefit of all Anioma people. I am also using this medium to appeal to other Anioma associations or groups in Europe, Asia, South America and Africa to join efforts with Anioma Association, USA to build a better Anioma nation that we all will be proud of. Finally, please let us have a standing ovation for the Executive Governor of Delta State, His Excellency Senator (Dr.) Ifeanye Okowa for the good work he is doing in pushing Delta State forward in terms of infrastructural development and say welcome to Chicago, Illinois.
Once again thank you all and God bless.
Dr. Chukwuma O. Nwaonicha.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Kennydoc(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

u don't tell me what I know more than u.....anioma are not igbos biko.

Oga, you can't speak for all Anioma people. Like I pointed out earlier, Ika and Ukwuani all believe they are not Igbos. Their language is not even typically Igbo, but more like a hybrid of Igbo and Edo. Aniocha people mostly claim they are not Igbos, especially the parts of Aniocha close to Ika. In Oshimili, a good number of the people accept they are Igbos. It depends on the part of Anioma one is from.
As I said before, Anioma is not the name of a tribe. It's a term for a related people group that have similar language (like Igbo Language) living close together in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2018
bibe:

I leave you with this two excerpts from Anioma pages;

The genocide of Anioma by Gen. Murtala Mohammed and Major Gen. Ibrahim Haruna (Retd), during the Nigerian Civil War started on the 21 of September, 1967 on the recapture of Benin City from the Biafrans sweeping large Anioma towns of Asaba, Ogwashi-Uku, Ibusa, Otutu, Ishiagu, Igbodo, Aboh and Ushisha but the massacres carried out in Asaba remains the most severe and unforgettable in which mostly helpless women, youths and children were killed in rapidity by the federal troops. It has been noted that the massacres were organized and mostly carried out under the supervision of Maj Gen Ibrahim Haruna (Retd) and the reason was that Gen Murtala Muhammed was aggrieved and suspicious of the Anioma as having aided their Igbo kinsmen to invade the Mid west.

Gen. Yakubu Gowon (Retd) the then Head of State would later apologize to the Igbo community, while Major-General Ibrahim Haruna, the General officer Commanding (GOC) Two Division of the Army during the Civil War while testifying at the Human Rights Violations Investigation Commission Panel aka Oputa Panel held in 2004, insistently maintained that he had no regret for the Asaba massacres in which the Igbo were killed by his troops since it was motivated by sense of duty to protect the unity of the country, he stated this under cross examination by Ohanaeze Ndiigbo group.

Also;

Anioma in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo

On November 29, 2008, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization announced the election of Ambassador Ralph Uwechue, an Anioma indigene as its President-General to pilot its affairs for the next two years. He was nominated by Delta State branch of Ohanaeze as their consensus candidate in a resolution reached at the palace of the Asagba of Asaba after the position was zoned to Anioma, one of the seven units that make up Ohanaeze Ndigbo. But in his acceptance speech, Uwechue expressed gratitude to all and called for unity among Igbo, which is said to possess the talent to and wealth it would take to take to address national issues, while also noting that the position given to him has created confidence that the Igbo from Delta State are accepted as brothers and sisters in Ohanaeze. Finally, he promised not to disappoint Anioma people as the race is for Anioma home and abroad.

cheers.

Go and dilute this one...

There have been several debates about the true origin of the Anioma people and the language they speak. There is a strong belief that the Anioma people are Igbos and that they speak Igbo language. To keep the record straight, the Anioma people are not Igbos and they do not speak Igbo language. The Anioma people speak, "Enuani, Ika and Ukwuani languages". We are proud of our identity; our identity is our pride, strength and unifying factor. Our Anioma attire (Akwa Anioma) is recognized anywhere in the world. There may be similarities in some Anioma and Igbo names: such as Chukwuma, Chukwuka, Chukwudi, Ngozi, Udoka, among other names that have the same spellings, pronunciations and meanings like that of the Igbos but, the fact remains that we are not Igbos. We may also have some similarities in language that does not make us Igbo people.
The Aniocha and Oshimili though are closer to the Anambra people cannot be referred to as Igbo people. The same could be said of Owa people in Ika North East Local Government whose ancestral home is believed to be Nri, in Anambra State. The Ndokwa and Ukwuani areas are a mix of different peoples, some with a strong claim to Benin ancestry while others claim to different origin. The Abohs and some clans in the region claimed to have left Benin in the 16th century or earlier in the same wave of migration that established most of the Igbo speaking towns West of the Niger and even Onitcha in the East. Some sections of the Abohs believed that they are direct descendants of people from Benin while others look across the Niger into the Igbo hinterland as their origin, yet some even look far up the Niger, Igala as their ancestral home. The founder of Abbi, in Ndokwa West Local Government for instance, Amaha, the elders of Abbi are not sure of the location of his town but, it is believed to be in Eastern Nigeria. The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Dr. Benjamin Ikenchuku Keagborekuzi I, in one of his recent meetings with his subjects at his palace called on them to stop promoting Igbo culture. He further advised that the Igbo red cap should also be dropped as it is not a native cap for Agbor Kingdom. The revered monarch's statement clearly gave credence to the fact that the Agbor people share the same ancestral history with the Benin people and not the Igbo people.
The third question: How do we promote and sustain our rich, diverse and unique cultural heritage?
We are proud of our heritage, history and background. We are unique people in the world. We should encourage those things that will help promote us culturally and also, cement our unity. We should learn how to project Anioma in whatever we do. The names of our children should always reflect our Anioma identity. Our Anioma traditional rulers should give more relevance to our festivals. The histories of the various Kingdoms in Anioma should be taught in schools. Above all, as Anioma people we should not allow our language to go into extinction. We should be teaching our children how to speak our native language in our various homes. Anioma is our land, our strength, our pride and center of unity. We should therefore, imbibe the character of showcasing and promoting the Anioma course anywhere we are in the world.
In promoting Anioma course, we should respect one another. There is strength in unity, as the saying goes; “united we stand, divided we fall”. We should not discriminate or quarrel among ourselves as we project this great course of Anioma nation. The Aniocha/
Oshimili man, the Ndokwa/Ukwuani man, and the Ika man, should see themselves as one. It is only when we work in one accord and in synergy that we will be able to achieve maximum result. Anioma is our home, we have no other place, hence, it is very necessary for us to stay united and build it to an enviable height. A height where even development could easily be achieved and a height where investors will be willing and ready to invest without any fear of insecurity.
In conclusion, we are Anioma people not Igbo people. We should be proud of our cultural heritage and background. I must say a big thank you to the National President and the entire members of Anioma Association, USA for the selfless works you are doing to move Anioma nation forward. I call on all Anioma sons and daughters in the United States of America to identify with this association for the overall benefit of all Anioma people. I am also using this medium to appeal to other Anioma associations or groups in Europe, Asia, South America and Africa to join efforts with Anioma Association, USA to build a better Anioma nation that we all will be proud of. Finally, please let us have a standing ovation for the Executive Governor of Delta State, His Excellency Senator (Dr.) Ifeanye Okowa for the good work he is doing in pushing Delta State forward in terms of infrastructural development and say welcome to Chicago, Illinois.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

And your point is?
Nigeria has more than just Igbo Hausa n Yoruba.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2018
Kennydoc:

Oga, you can't speak for all Anioma people. Like I pointed out earlier, Ika and Ukwuani all believe they are not Igbos. Their language is not even typically Igbo, but more like a hybrid of Igbo and Edo. Aniocha people mostly claim they are not Igbos, especially the parts of Aniocha close to Ika. In Oshimili, a good number of the people accept they are Igbos. It depends on the part of Anioma one is from.
As I said before, Anioma is not the name of a tribe. It's a term for a related people group that have similar language (like Igbo Language) living close together in Delta State.

oga don't say what you know
I am an ukwuani man and a proud Igbo

though there are deniers in anioma but they are very few

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

moreover I need to copy this to aniomafirstson and xander85.....

The guy simply replied them AM NOT IGBO ie Greyworld.

Now I think is high time both of u xander85 and aniomafirstson stop upturning history.

guy read my post, the moment they heard Delta not minding if im Isoko or Okpe or even Ijaw...
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by IbrahimDamola: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
Iblad0994:

I know South-south ain’t Igbo and I never called you that. But what I’m just saying is that Nzeogwu was born to Igbo parents so that made him Igbo. I don’t care if he was born in Kaduna or Delta. He’s Igbo.

My yoruba muslim brother, South south Ibos must hate SE Ibos so that our yoruba muslim skull can rejoice. Insha Allah!

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
Greyworld:
Nigeria has more than just Igbo Hausa n Yoruba.
I know
but what do you mean by delta is not Igbo?
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Its possible the North reacted to that coup n termed it ibo coup cos it wasnt spear headed by an Hausa or Yoruba hence its definitely Ibo.
you get my point nw?
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Strikethem: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:
we south south are not igbos.

Stop calling us igbos.
Today, you are Yoruba, tomorrow you are south south. Are you this confused. Were you not the same girl that claimed to come from onitsa.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Kashbwoyjnr: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

moreover I need to copy this to aniomafirstson and xander85.....

The guy simply replied them AM NOT IGBO ie Greyworld.

Now I think is high time both of u xander85 and aniomafirstson stop upturning history.

Why are u trying to rewrite a history that is older than you? ANIOCHA or whatever you call it were igbos before the creation of delta state, ever wonder why majority of deltans bear igbo names?

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Greyworld:

guy read my post, the moment they heard Delta not minding if im Isoko or Okpe or even Ijaw...

It doesn't matter.....Delta state has many ethnic group urhobo, ijaw, anioma, itsekiri...........don't misunderstood me...

All we establishing here is that there is no indigenous Igbo in Delta....

There is no ethnic group like Igbo in delta state....

I only used ur statement to buttress my point to the two.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Kennydoc(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

You can see the efforts exerted at uniting people with different origins into a pseudo-ethnicity that cannot work. This article clearly identified that some of the Anioma people are from Igbo land originally. How do you want them not to connect to their Igbo origin?
The truth is that most of the Deltan communities close to the Niger migrated from the East of the Niger. They have Igbo roots, they have Igbo blood, and you cannot deny them their Igboness.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 30, 2018
Kashbwoyjnr:
Why are u trying to rewrite a history that is older than you? ANIOCHA or whatever you call it were igbos before the creation of delta state, ever wonder why majority of deltans bear igbo names?
Are u from delta state......to tell more about aniocha.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 9:54am On Jul 30, 2018
Kashbwoyjnr:

He is from the north

his mission is to divide Igbos

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Kashbwoyjnr: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Are u from delta state......to tell more about aniocha.
I am a full blooded igbo man, i can tell you history of igboland and even how our brothers migrated to aniocha which you presently claim they are not igbos.. An igbo that migrated to another country is no longer igbo abi?
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 30, 2018
Greyworld:

Its possible the North reacted to that coup n termed it ibo coup cos it wasnt spear headed by an Hausa or Yoruba hence its definitely Ibo.
you get my point nw?

I respect ur submission but if u are coming back here this one to recycle what we have submitted and agreed upon....i won't be happy with u....

it was not an igbo coup......It was an anioma coup....led by an anioma ethnic man.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

you get my point nw?
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

He is from the north
his mission is to divide Igbos

Just negodu that u typed......
even Okowa said biafra shouldn't come to delta coz they are not igbos...
are u wiser than ur elders.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2018
Kashbwoyjnr:
I am a full blooded igbo man, i can tell you history of igboland and even how our brothers migrated to aniocha which you presently claim they are not igbos.. An igbo that migrated to another country is no longer igbo abi?

They are not....with verifiable facts.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I respect ur submission but if u are coming back here this one to recycle what we have submitted and agreed upon....i won't be happy with u....

it was not an igbo coup......It was an anioma coup....led by an anioma ethnic man.
Do you read? if you do, do you understand? and most importantly do you look into the cause of a problem before your verdict?

I simply stated what might have happened decades ago and its still in play uptil this time. something i think is wrong.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2018
Greyworld:

you get my point nw?

I get your point but don't say delta is not Igbo

it might not be an Igbo state but Igbos are majority in delta state

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Just negodu that u typed......
even Okowa said biafra shouldn't come to delta coz they are not igbos...
are u wiser than ur elders.
Lol your mission is dead on arrival
as far as I am in this forum your plan will not work

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

I know

but what do you mean by delta is not Igbo?
sowi i quote you multiple times. it was an error.
Remember the guy said, if you are not hausa or yoruba yu re igbo... so how would you explain the Efiks or even Urhobo say I am Urhobo ll you say I am Igbo?
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2018
It's kind of sad that the Anioma people allow themselves most especially their elder to fall into the divide and rule system where they are being told that they are not Igbos. There is a british colonial officer in the 40s classed the igbos into three areas based on their locations. The coastal igbos(The ikwerre, Andoni and Aro-Ikwerre), The south central( Onitsha, Afikpo, Arochukwu, Owerri etc) and the Midwestern Igbos( Kwale, Agbor, Anioma).
All this hullabaloo is a fall out of the Biafra war, and the sad path is that we are still seeing the after effects today. My father told me that places in Portharcourt like Oyigbo, Rumuokoro, Rumuokwuta and co were known by their Ibo names Obigbo, Umuokoro, Umuokwuta etc. Even Portharcourt was originally an igbo farm settlement known as Igweocha. The Coup by Nzeogwu was a very big mistake because it set about the chain of events that allowed us the north to fully cement their hold onto power in this country. There was time people from Agbor down to Asaba were known as Midwestern Igbo. Even the former name for the the Dein of Agbor was called Obi of Agbor, and the funny part is that most elders now alter history just to prove that they are not Igbos.

It is high time all Igbos unite we are all igbo irrespective of your dialect where you come from( Niger delta, SS or SE)

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2018
Greyworld:

sowi i quote you multiple times. it was an error.
Remember the guy said, if you are not hausa or yoruba yu re igbo... so how would you explain the Efiks or even Urhobo say I am Urhobo ll you say I am Igbo?

it is only yorubas and hausas that make that silly mistake

Even we are not excluded

an average Igbo man sees everybody from the north as Hausa/Fulani but not all of them are hausas

na ignorance
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by aniomafirstson: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2018
obynzo:
It's kind of sad that the Anioma people allow themselves most especially their elder to fall into the divide and rule system where they are being told that they are not Igbos. There is a british colonial officer in the 40s classed the igbos into three areas based on their locations. The coastal igbos(The ikwerre, Andoni and Aro-Ikwerre), The south central( Onitsha, Afikpo, Arochukwu, Owerri etc) and the Midwestern Igbos( Kwale, Agbor, Anioma).
All this hullabaloo is a fall out of the Biafra war, and the sad path is that we are still seeing the after effects today. My father told me that places in Portharcourt like Oyigbo, Rumuokoro, Rumuokwuta and co were known by their Ibo names Obigbo, Umuokoro, Umuokwuta etc. Even Portharcourt was originally an igbo farm settlement known as Igweocha. The Coup by Nzeogwu was a very big mistake because it set about the chain of events that allowed us the north to fully cement their hold onto power in this country. There was time people from Agbor down to Asaba were known as Midwestern Igbo. Even the former name for the the Dein of Agbor was called Obi of Agbor, and the funny part is that most elders now alter history just to prove that they are not Igbos.

It is high time all Igbos unite we are all igbo irrespective of your dialect where you come from( Niger delta, SS or SE)

one love bro
After okowa's tenure the struggle for anioma state to be included in SE begins again

1 Like

Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Greyworld: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

I get your point but don't say delta is not Igbo

it might not be an Igbo state but Igbos are majority in delta state

I like you style of reasoning. see something you cant come to effrurun and say delta is ibo, if you check the 5 core ibo states, despite their dialectical difference, the language is understood by almost all, in delta, only the northern part has that similarity with Ibos.

It ll be unfair to called the ijaws, Urhobos, itsekiris, etc in the state as ibos.

If only you say part. fine.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Lol your mission is dead on arrival

as far as I am in this forum your plan will not work

My mission to save igbos from confusion is yielding fruits....

No more will agree to believe u igbo.....

U an anioma by ethnicity......and if it is hard for u to agree start living with th hard truth from today.
Re: FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago by nku5: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2018
Greyworld:

I tink i can agree with you on that. There is a limit to every thing. Even at a personal level there is a limit to "taking your pound of flesh" but funny enough people dont understand that.

Most people taking about "History" and living with the 'bad blood' again the other regions werent born then but believe me it ll linger on for a long time and its ll consume us all.

Today's generation should see such mistake from a 'fail' n past generation and NEVER dwell on it. Maybe we could start from there. Also ministry of information n orientation agency should help in re-orientation of the younger ones.

Just as recent as 2016, I met some NYSC corp members in Ogun state. The moment they heard Delta one said "ah! ibo" I told him Delta aint Ibo but he insisted that if you aint Hausa or Yoruba omo you re Ibo.

You are making sense my brother. If this young generation misses it then this country is finally finished

The likes of Buhari and Danjuma inherited their own hate and tribalism from the likes of Ahmadu Bello. The generation of Buhari were in charge when the bigotry and hate developed into lawlessness and violence with militias and Boko haram. I cant imagine what this younger generation can do if they also inherit the hate

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally At Warawa, Kano - Photos / Man Arrested For Spying On High Way to Grace Assembly Church In Nsukka (Photo) / Victims Of Shitte & Army Clash Robbed (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.