Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams (19911 Views)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / In A World Where 98% Of Online Money-making Opportunities Are Scams: / Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Fhowe: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
Emmafe:
Academics is just too overrated in 9ja, person no fit even have time to explore or reason wella. Mtcheeeeew

For Samsung deals check my Signature
my broda the way parents are over working their wards with academics these days is alarming all in the bid to outshine their peers I hope we don’t end up with a generation of depressed kids that is why we have lots of cultism once these kids get freedom once they are in the university they go to the extreme .I was forced to shout at my sister how can a kid come me back from school 4pm and you are still looking for a lesson teacher for the same child that comes home with tonnes of assignment
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Aystarz: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
Kingsunnyaleke:
50% of lgbo youth no go skul o na true wey u talk......

You wey go see how you ended up? A bloody tribalist.
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by eyinjuege: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
Too much sense..

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Acidosis(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
@OP, what you complain about can be turned into a million dollar business. Don't wait for someone else to solve the problems you can solve by your own efforts.

Your contract with the school ends at the completion of the term. Set up a vocational training camp exclusively for kids (99% practicals) and watch your fortune change forever. Do not wait for schools to take up that challenge; truth is they can't!

Deviate from the norm, offer exclusive yet luxury courses like fashion and design (for kids), selected musical instruments, voice training, graphics design, football, table tennis, etc. for different age groups.

Whoever is interested should send me a PM. I will deliver a comprehensive market survey and a business plan on this in 2-3 weeks (the offer comes with a cost though).

4 Likes

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by rhemauni: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
they should devote it to training n skills esp in computer
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by freebreezeyz(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
noted
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by psycoanalyst(f): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nice one,but then you have to evaluate your child's performance in school,is he/she above average or below average,you can't just conclude that the summer lesson is a scam,cause if your child performance is far below your expectations then you have no reasons keeping such child away form summer lesson.
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by ikorodureporta: 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
...bt some parents still prefer dem going to school to avoid holiday stress smiley
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by desire222(f): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
Vocational education is good.

But you still need formal education.

This is why illiteracy is very rampant in Igboland.

They do only vocational without formal education....

So illiteracy is more rampant in Igboland than North, keep on deceiving yourself angry angry

Nice write up @OP
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by sammiepraise(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
in some way true.
and most schools dont even teach anything during the summer coaching.

while most teachers are paid to advertise the school to the new student in class.

in this country most schools are just to collect fees.
many don't have anything to offer anymore.

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by boyjo: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Fellow nairalanders, please read and make suggestions

A child will go to school by 7am and close by 5pm for five days out of the seven days in a week.

During weekends that child comes home with many assignments in all the subjects he or she is offering in school. So there won't be time to rest and play through out the weekend.

The child does that for almost four months hoping to enjoy the holidays only for schools to come up with a scam in the name of holidays lesson.

What exactly do you want to teach that child?

Dear Nigerian parents, summer holiday is a period you allow a child to experience other things in life apart from formal education.

Allow them to travel for the vacation and if you don't have money for vacation, take them to a place where they will learn new skills.

Let them go and learn how to draw, computer coding, how to play football, martial art, learn business, catering, tie and die, learn foreign languages etc

Allow this children to explore life.

Everytime Book book book that is why most of our youths are unemployed because they can't do any other thing apart from white collar job.

May God help and bless our children.

Thank you very much.
Una dey hear?
How pikin go comot house 6am, come reach house 5pm when im no be Worker?
Some parents sha!
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by ppotter(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
[quote author=DEHVEHLOP post=69816423]Vocational education is good.

Has your brain left you? Why pointing finger to a particular tribe?

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by wordcat(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Nice write up @OP

Illiteracy rampant in Igboland

Walahi, you need to format your brain young man

3 Likes

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Trottle: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Fhowe:
my broda the way parents are over working their wards with academics these days is alarming all in the bid to outshine their peers I hope we don’t end up with a generation of depressed kids that is why we have lots of cultism once these kids get freedom once they are in the university they go to the extreme .I was forced to shout at my sister how can a kid come me back from school 4pm and you are still looking for a lesson teacher for the same child that comes home with tonnes of assignment

Boss, you're on point!
If I have my way kids will close by 12:00pm.

They need few hours to play and be imaginative. You need not cage them. When they play in moderation, learning becomes much more easy for them.

We should let our kids enjoy the joys of holiday like we did.

No wonder we have depressed kids everywhere who know nothing except books. No basic skills whatsoever.
Let's stop stealing their joy and childhood.

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Divay22(f): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
Note taken.
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by KEVIND: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:

A child will go to school by 7am and close by 5pm for five days out of the seven days in a week.

During weekends that child comes home with many assignments in all the subjects he or she is offering in school. So there won't be time to rest and play through out the weekend.

The child does that for almost four months hoping to enjoy the holidays only for schools to come up with a scam in the name of holidays lesson.

Dear Nigerian parents, summer holiday is a period you allow a child to experience other things in life apart from formal education.

Allow them to travel for the vacation and if you don't have money for vacation, take them to a place where they will learn new skills.

Let them go and learn how to draw, computer coding, how to play football, martial art, learn business, catering, tie and die, learn foreign languages etc

Everytime Book book book that is why most of our youths are unemployed because they can't do any other thing apart from white collar job.

@OP you copied and paste on Nairaland without acknowledging the Original writer of this piece. Always reference a write up that's not yours and quote accordingly.

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by IbrahimDamola: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Nice write up @OP

My dear yoruba muslim brother, we all know that after the abookis, we yoruba muslims are the most illiterate in nigeria. That's why we have more IDP campers and ibeberudeen beggars from ogbomosho to Oshogbo and all over yorubaland. We must say the truth and shame esu. Amin kufayakun!

2 Likes

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Trottle: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
ikorodureporta:
...bt some parents still prefer dem going to school to avoid holiday stress smiley

"Holiday Stress"=Play. If you hook your child on books only, you're doing them a disservice, and they may resent you for that in future.
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by valETA1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2018

Nice write up @OP[/quote][color=]
DEHVEHLOP:
hmm... An Afonja detected

Nice write up @OP
[/color]
DEHVEHLOP:

Nice write up @OP
grin

Nice write up @OP[/quote][color=]
DEHVEHLOP:

Nice write up @OP
[/color]
DEHVEHLOP:

Nice write up @OP
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by positivethought: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:

my own major problem with nigerian schools especially nursery/primary is that,instead of developing the child ability to write,read, communicate n comprehend independently from nursery-primary3,they will be busy teaching complicated stuffs n giving uncountable assignments to pupils that have not even mastered the proper pronounciation of four- five letter words,i wonder by what magic they expect the pupil to do those assignments,most oftenly they just push the children to engage in expo,any holiday lesson for nursery/primary pupils of primary 3 n below which is not for writting,reading or communication development is not for my child period.
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Blonchilli(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
wehdone:
After busting their brains during the term, you want to now steal their joy during the holidays. Why can't these school owners allow children be great? Awon killers of joy!
All to make maximum profit
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by tohpahz(f): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Nice write up @OP

This one is sha mad
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Blonchilli(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
otunbadan:

True but illiteracy is not rampant in Igbo land ...
They're are among the smartest people I've met. I'm not igbo but I served there and have lots of friends, an illiterate igbo man is smarter than an average illiterate

2 Likes

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Blonchilli(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
Namdeenero:
Why can't they organize holiday classes where students come and learn one skill or another.. I bet you many parents will subscribe
Some schools do but they're very expensive
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by goldenprince1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2018
God bless you for this lovely post.

You deserve some accolades.

sonsomegrigbo:

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by xest(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
Very true
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by kefmawin: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
You are perfectly on point. That is why I will specially recommend this for parents or young people as a perfect holiday program and a good place to start for those who are living in Abuja
http://www.kefmawin.com/

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by konkonbilo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
psycoanalyst:
Nice one,but then you have to evaluate your child's performance in school,is he/she above average or below average,you can't just conclude that the summer lesson is a scam,cause if your child performance is far below your expectations then you have no reasons keeping such child away form summer lesson.
Ma'am, everyone can't be successful or excel in life going to school,let's ur wards try other things...he might become famous and successful through that
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by sonsomegrigbo: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
Aystarz:

Steal what joy? The kids, during holidays, only have to be in school from 9am to 12 noon. Is that what you call a killjoy? I hear in most schools children don't even have to attend classes on Friday, so again I wonder what the big deal is about this hue and cry over the lessons, when they are supposed to engage kids whose parents are ever on the move.

Teacher Spotted!
Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by sonsomegrigbo: 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
Acidosis:
@OP, what you complain about can be turned into a million dollar business. Don't wait for someone else to solve the problems you can solve by your own efforts.

Your contract with the school ends at the completion of the term. Set up a vocational training camp exclusively for kids (99% practicals) and watch your fortune change forever. Do not wait for schools to take up that challenge; truth is they can't!

Deviate from the norm, offer exclusive yet luxury courses like fashion and design (for kids), selected musical instruments, voice training, graphics design, football, table tennis, etc. for different age groups.

Whoever is interested should send me a PM. I will deliver a comprehensive market survey and a business plan on this in 2-3 weeks (the offer comes with a cost though).

Thanks Bro. I will contact you soon

1 Like

Re: All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams by Aystarz: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:

Teacher Spotted!
Far from being that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kingsley Ikhuoria Cookey & Mariam Tosin Sanni Break Academic Records In Ghana / Ridwan Ola-Gbadamosi & Karen Nneka Enumah, LASU Best Graduating Students / Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.