Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project (7306 Views)

2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) / SOLD!!! Ultra Rare 2016 Khan Defender 110 For Sale / Land Rover Launches Land Rover Defender Works V8 To Celebrate 70th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by LeJeun3: 10:31am On Aug 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Cough..ahem.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7487001_201810273220_jpege7cca45d7a47a10645b71f4f79903052

Doors are available for sale around Eleganza, not far from Radauto

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 12, 2018
LeJeun3:

Doors are available for sale around Eleganza, not far from Radauto

I never said they weren’t.

You can get brand new Discovery doors from all over the world. There is no part from a Discovery that’s NLA.
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by LeJeun3: 10:49am On Aug 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I never said they weren’t.

You can get brand new Discovery doors from all over the world. There is no part from a Discovery that’s NLA.

I am echoing you Sir. The doors are least of my worries, undercarriage is the bone in the fat chicken.

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
LeJeun3:

I am echoing you Sir. The doors are least of my worries, undercarriage is the bone in the fat chicken.

To be clear, my quip is not directed at you or your capability. It’s single purposely directed at the OP and at his opening salvo.
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Cough..ahem.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7487001_201810273220_jpege7cca45d7a47a10645b71f4f79903052
That's the door bottom and it can be cut off and replaced..I have that sorted already

Thanks
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2018
ivoryhouse:

That's the door bottom and it can be cut off and replaced..I have that sorted already

Thanks

Cool beans grin

“Definition of restore

restored; restoring
transitive verb
1 : give back, return
2 : to put or bring back into existence or use
3 : to bring back to or put back into a former or original state : renew
4 : to put again in possession of something
— restorer noun”
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by weyreypey: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Cool beans grin

“Definition of restore

restored; restoring
transitive verb
1 : give back, return
3 : to bring back to or put back into a former or original state : renew
4 : to put again in possession of something
— restorer noun”

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 11:08am On Aug 12, 2018
weyreypey:

3 : to restore or upgrade to better than factory specs..source, NF (Nigerian Factor cheesy )

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by LeJeun3: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

To be clear, my quip is not directed at you or your capability. It’s single purposely directed at the OP and at his opening salvo.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 12:37am On Aug 13, 2018
LeJeun3:

Oh, I missed this..the undercarriage has a bit of rust but nothing serious. I'll be treating the undercarriage and interior with corrosion X before laying on sound proofing..I'll be showing us the upgrades in due time..watch this space smiley
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Oh, do tel sir, what it is about the said salvo smiley
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 13, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Oh, do tel sir, what it is about the said salvo smiley

ivoryhouse:
Hello guys, I have a 2002 Land Rover Defender TD5 110 that I have been commissioned to restore. This beauty was bought brand new, custom built by Land Rover in 2002. The engine has been Kazeemized, sensors are not working, it runs but doesn't quite drive and it's got corrosion in all the regular places. I will upgrade the suspension, add some interior upgrades like USB sockets, alpine amp, digital woofer & speakers, acoustic matting systems for the Transmission tunnel&rear load bed, full sound proofing kit(with engine blanket, ceiling, bonnet and doors), upholstery works, MUD seat rails, brand new wheel and tire package(sawtooth anthracite et20&BF Goodrich T/A KO2 all terrains), Hub centric wheel spacers, upgraded spare tire carrier, upgraded rear windows(this eliminates the rattles), led lights, upgraded braking system, upgraded air conditioning from RoversNorth, Hi-Lift Xtreme 60" Jack, the list goes on and on smiley. We will also rebuild the engine and transmission.
The plan was to import all the parts, then carry out the work right here in Nigeria. However, my client requested I get a repair shop in the UK to handle the project as it'll be cheaper to ship the Defender to the UK than import the parts to Nigeria. I'm asking Nairalanders based in the UK who can handle this project to kindly call or send WhatsApp messages to 09099642894. I can have the parts shipped out to wherever or if you'd rather just give a quote for the entire project then that too may be just fine.
Here are the pictures of the car and the look we want for it

Everything.

The list you have there and the work, if we are talking about a true restore and not a Kasali under the bridge panel beating is well over $75,000 to get a 110 done right.

How many Nigerians are spending N27,000,000 to restore a Land Rover?

If anything you should be encouraged to show me that I'm wrong by finishing the restoration.

I'll be here grin

PS: I will judge the work done wink

PPS: Please remember that I'm not saying it can't be done or that you can't do it. But I'm just placing a bet that this project won't be done. Or at least as voraciously as stated.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 13, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Oh, I missed this..the undercarriage has a bit of rust but nothing serious. I'll be treating the undercarriage and interior with corrosion X before laying on sound proofing..I'll be showing us the upgrades in due time..watch this space smiley

A true restore is taking the body off of the chassis. Stripping the chassis bare, getting it dipped and then painted and then assemble with new fasteners grin

For inch of rust visible, there is 3 more inches hidden.

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by LeJeun3: 1:55am On Aug 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

A true restore is taking the body off of the chassis. Stripping the chassis bare, getting it dipped and then painted and then assemble with new fasteners grin

True at bolded.

7 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You do have a point but I don't quite agree with the bolded as I have seen defenders done by big brands in the UK that were not done that way yet were sold for thousands of british pounds. You can do a nut and bolt rebuild without lifting the body off the chassis. The state of the chassis determines whether you need to strip it or not. When we get to that point we will take the best route. You will do well to keep the thought of the project not being carried out to yourself, it doesn't speak well of a great guy like yourself, not that it bothers me smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
Here are more pictures of the 110 and a picture of the look i want to give it, minus the coloe cool

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
ivoryhouse:

You do have a point but I don't quite agree with the bolded as I have seen defenders done by big brands in the UK that were not done that way yet were sold for thousands of british pounds. You can do a nut and bolt rebuild without lifting the body off the chassis. The state of the chassis determines whether you need to strip it or not. When we get to that point we will take the best route. You will do well to keep the thought of the project not being carried out to yourself, it doesn't speak well of a great guy like yourself, not that it bothers me smiley

1) I recognize your feeble attempt to censor me.

I requested nor desire no one to speak well of me. I’ll rather be hated for being righteous than be loved for being ungodly. I will conduct myself as I see fit as long as I maneuver within the TOS of the site.

2) The level of rust on this sample dictates that a body off the frame is required. At least if you’re going to promote what you’re going to do a restore. Remove the word restore and use refurbish instead. But na Naija we dey sha, the land of putting lipstick on a pig.

3) If you don’t want to be critiqued then don’t come on social media with braggadociossness grin

You will be called out on your claims.

Many on here are doing closet restorations with zero noise or fanfare.

I still say that you set an unrealistic goal. The way to shut me the F up is to walk your talk. You won’t shut me up anyway else.

I’ll continue to be on this thread and commenting appropriately. Talking cars and not characters grin

Thankfully none of this bother you wink

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by diportivo: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
this thread go sweet die

okada,abeg wait.....

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
Awon monitoring spirits grin

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Jakumo(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
OP is very lucky that Egun Agba is not within striking range where he can administer a few corrective Idumota slaps to address all this shoddy car restoration, renovation and revitalization being described here in such a wanton, careless fashion.

OP, I say na God save you today. If you collect only ONE of Egun Agba slap, you go dey thank God if you manage wake up for inside hospital ward witi complete brain when never damage beyond repair.

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by diportivo: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Jakumo:
OP is very lucky that Egun Agba is not within striking range where he can administer a few corrective Idumota slaps to address all this shoddy car restoration, renovation and revitalization being described here in such a wanton, careless fashion.

OP, I say na God save you today. If you collect only ONE of Egun Agba slap, you go dey thank God if you manage wake up for inside hospital ward witi complete brain when never damage beyond repair.

cartalk pipo!!!!!!!,

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

1) I recognize your feeble attempt to censor me.

I requested nor desire no one to speak well of me. I’ll rather be hated for being righteous than be loved for being ungodly. I will conduct myself as I see fit as long as I maneuver within the TOS of the site.

2) The level of rust on this sample dictates that a body off the frame is required. At least if you’re going to promote what you’re going to do a restore. Remove the word restore and use refurbish instead. But na Naija we dey sha, the land of putting lipstick on a pig.

3) If you don’t want to be critiqued then don’t come on social media with braggadociossness grin

You will be called out on your claims.

Many on here are doing closet restorations with zero noise or fanfare.

I still say that you set an unrealistic goal. The way to shut me the F up is to walk your talk. You won’t shut me up anyway else.

I’ll continue to be on this thread and commenting appropriately. Talking cars and not characters grin

Thankfully none of this bother you wink
Well spoken. I actually didn't bring it here to brag and I do appreciate your critique and you're entitled to your opinion and I, mine. As per all else, let's see how it goes. Your comments/concerns/critiques are duely noted.

5 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
Jakumo:

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Well spoken. I actually didn't bring it here to brag and I do appreciate your critique and you're entitled to your opinion and I, mine. As per all else, let's see how it goes. Your comments/concerns/critiques are duely noted.

On a serious note I’m totally rooting for the project to be completed successfully.

It’ll be a win win for all.

I have a few old man emu 110 suspension bits that I have collected over the years.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by radautoworks: 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
I'm so conflicted here watching the two of you...
Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Welcome to EgunMogajis circus of convolution Ma.

I create emotions in others that they too find shockingly surprising grin

3 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 3:48am On Aug 14, 2018
radautoworks:

Welcome to nairaland ma'am grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 3:52am On Aug 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

On a serious note I’m totally rooting for the project to be completed successfully.

It’ll be a win win for all.

I have a few old man emu 110 suspension bits that I have collected over the years.
Thank you sir. Do i hear you say you're giving me 110 suspension bits? Wow, you're so kind smiley smiley grin
Let me buy you a glass of 'kiss of death' at carquest's jamaican 'pub' wink (section) when you're in Niger grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
We took the land rover to Radautoworks so they can check the motor (engine) and they not only look at it but also got the land rover defender 110 that hadn't run in 2 years to start and run in a day! Watch this space!

5 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by connkg(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Well, ivory, you may as well hand it over, after requesting cost estimates, of course.
I suggest you also keep the electronic upgrades as secondary until more mechanical restoration/ refurbishment/ recovery/ repair/ rejuvenation/ remediation...is carried out.

Chai! I go school!

4 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by ivoryhouse(m): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
connkg:
Well, ivory, you may as well hand it over, after requesting cost estimates, of course.
I suggest you also keep the electronic upgrades as secondary until more mechanical restoration/ refurbishment/ recovery/ repair/ rejuvenation/ remediation...is carried out.

Chai! I go school!

You really go school grin

3 Likes

Re: Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Thank you sir. Do i hear you say you're giving me 110 suspension bits? Wow, you're so kind smiley smiley grin
Let me buy you a glass of 'kiss of death' at carquest's jamaican 'pub' wink (section) when you're in Niger grin grin

Instructions have been left to my kids that I am to be buried with my NOS Land Rover bits grin

The mistakes I made by letting my Austin parts go shall not be repeated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Signs Your Hybrid Battery Is Failing / Is It Possible To Fix Power Steering Rack? / I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.