Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

TALES OF ROSE (the Woman In Black). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TALES OF ROSE (the Woman In Black). (388 Views)

Petals Of Rose / Tales Of Abigail / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TALES OF ROSE (the Woman In Black). by owotomose(f): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Tales of Rose

chapter one.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK

I was never getting ready to have kids,let alone marry. Father had always wanted to be proven right ever since the demise of my mother, Sarah Maanan (nee Colefodge). Father had seen me grown and blossomed into a beautiful Lady with all graceful blossoms, He would stare at me,even sometimes mistake me for my mama,his wife..... He would call me SARAH instead of EFUA, which made me smile each time reminding me of how beautiful mum was when she alive.
I am EFUA Maanan,only child and daughter of Sir. Frederick Maanan, Governor of the OLIVERS COMPANY, I have a special ego that would make you hate and love me, it's inherited, so don't bother worrying, but I am scared,scared of commitment and failure, how on earth would you marry a man for years and he ends up dying leaving only you to this cruel world of Adam's, sometimes,you know I pity my old man, I never had the chance to talk very well with mama, death!!! Why so cruel!!.
I am now on the verge of giving up,tomorrow is my big day as papa would say, 'tomorrow is your big day,prepare to meet your BONE' ,don't bother, papa spoke in parables but they are so succinct and brutal. I will meet the Bone,as said.
The very next day, woke up to see a face smiling with much radiancy,.....alas!!!! It's Rita, I was so happy seeing her, I was so relieved,couldn't stop staring and beaming, we were short of words as it was so longer spoke and exchanged letters, 'I see what has been keeping you busy all this while....marriage',she said with all smiles, I smiled a lazy smile,'like she doesn't understand what marriage is',I thought. Then Rita held my hand leading me to dressita held my hand leading me to dress up for the ceremony is soon,I brushed,bathed,ate with lot of distress... Concluding,i can't wait to see the groom.
I was ready when Rita came knocking shouting, 'the groom is here, Efua,' I ran with much haste but resolved to slow down in an elegance manner, then moved to the sitting room,there he was, elegantly and royally sitting down with legs cross. I greeted his mum who was so nice to hug...
I married him, RANDOLF CURRLINGTON,a lord, Randolf best wine was bread wine, Randolf love for me turned sour when he maltreated me,each time beating and cursing me,until one day when I could take it no more. I pushed him across the dining stool when he raised his best glass cup to hit me. Yes!!!, I killed Randolf.
At his funeral,when all had gone,dressed in black and black hat with my lovely, best rose flower stucked in my black, best rose flower stucked in my black purse, I rested it slantly across his epitaph, the best position to suffer in hell....then I smiled, relief breeze played a tune of music in my head... .'another one bit the dust'.. With that,headed to Airport,to Nigeria. New life anew!!!

Ara'dunni inked it.

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Birth / Scriptwriter For Hire (scripts For Sell) / My Walk Of Shame (A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.