Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 (486 Views)

Pastor Success Sunday Forced To Marry Fiancée's Corpse Who Died During Abortion / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Abdulgaffar22: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Since any false representation of God is tantamount to IDOLATRY, then it is of great importance that there should be no any iota of confusion regarding the identity of God. However, this is not the case in Christianity. Unlike Qur'an, Bible is not consistent with the identity of God. If it says Jesus is God in one place, then it will say Jesus is not God in another place.

John1:1 declare:" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Here we see that THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14, it states "The Word became flesh, and made His dwelling among us." Here we see again that JESUS = THE WORD. Simple logic declares that if A=B and B=C then A=C.

Therefore, since JESUS = THE WORD and THE WORD = GOD, then JESUS = GOD . This is just one out of many biblical evidence used by Trinitarian Christians to prove that Jesus is God.

Since we have seen how the book of John established that Jesus is God, let us now investigate whether the remaining part of the Bible support this claim or not.
1. Jesus was praying to the Father and he said; "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the "ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ? If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then hopefully the Christians might still want to argue that Jesus is also God just like his Father. However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will continue to shatter the hope of those who want to believe that Jesus is God. This verse is the strongest evidence put forward by Jehovah witnesses to prove that Jesus is not God.

2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God Almighty , then which God was he referring to when he said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God Almighty have another God?

3. Also Luke 6:12 says "He (Jesus) went out to the mountain side to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God" . If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself ?

4. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God?

5. Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? No one is good, but one, that is God”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and then submit that all goodness belongs only to God?

6. Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. Remember Jesus did NOT say: "you believe in Father, believe also in me". He said : "you believe in God, believe also in me”. Therefore, if Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God?

7. Again, in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his lack of knowledge about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to the Father? Can God be lacking anything as regard to knowledge?

8. Finally in John 5:30, Jesus was reported to have said: " I can of my own self do nothing". If Jesus is God, is it possible for All- powerful and independent God to utter this kind of statement?

As you can see, there is no way we can reconcile John 1:1,14 (which teaches that Jesus is God ) with other verses of the Bible that dispute this claim. Despite the fact that Trinitarian Christians and Jehovah witnesses are using the same Bible; yet they differ in their belief regarding the identity of God. The former believe that Jesus is God while the latter believe that Jesus is not God. Have you now seen that the main cause of this discrepancy is the Bible itself. This is the reason why Jehovah witnesses were forced to change the translation of John 1:1 to " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god" . They change the clause "and the word was God" in all other versions of the Bible to "and the word was a god" in their NWT Bible. Therefore, by refering to Jesus as a lesser "god", they managed to run away from the problem of calling Jesus God.

However, as they managed to run away from the problem of accepting Jesus as God , they were unable to run away from the problem of accepting him as "master worker of all creation" . In other words , like other Christian denominations, the Jehovah witnesses also believe that God created everything THROUGH Jesus Christ . They believe that God did not create anything EXCEPT Jesus. That is to say: God created Jesus, then it was Jesus that created all other things including the heavens and the earth. So according to their claim, Jesus is the immediate Creator of all things. That God created everything through (or by )Jesus Christ is no where to be found in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke. It is only found in the books written by Paul and John;

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM ALL THINGS CAME and through whom we live.( 1st Corinthians 8:6).

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN CREATED THROUGH him and for him ( Colossians 1:16).

THROUGH him ALL THINGS WERE MADE ; without him nothing was made that has been made (John 1:3)

But is it really true that God assigned the creation of heavens and earth to Jesus christ ? Let see what God Almighty say about this matter ;

"This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer and the one who formed you in the womb: 'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth BY MYSELF (WHO WAS WITH ME ?) (Isaiah 44:24 KJV, NWT)

"MY OWN HAND laid the foundations of the earth, and MY RIGHT HAND spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together. (Isaiah 48:13)".

It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. MY OWN HANDS stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts (Isaiah 45:12)

"For My HAND made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD ( Isaiah 66:2)

As you can see from above, Paul and John proclaimed that God delegated the creation of all things to Jesus Christ. But God Almighty declare that He created all things ALL ALONE, BY HIMSELF, BY HIS OWN HANDS AND NOBODY WAS WITH HIM. What better words do we want God to use before we can believe that He created the heavens and the earth without the assistance of anybody ?

If a man hires a contractor as his agent to build a house, could the man say that he built the house “ALL ALONE” and "BY HIS OWN HANDS" without lying? So could God Almighty have lied about creating the heavens and the earth by His own hands while He actually used another distinct person as His agent to actually do the creation for Him?

Besides, who want to know or care that one true God exist if not for His act of creation? The only reason why we label all the idols as " false gods" is because they did not create anything and that is the reason they do not deserve our worship. Therefore, it is quite true that all the worship and glorification we give to God originate from the fact of being the Creator of all things . In other words, the STRONGEST REASON why God deserve our worship, praises and glory is because He was the one that created us and all other things that exist (See Psalm 95:6, 96:4-5, 139:14, Revelation 4:11, 14:7). Does it now make sense to believe that God assigned the creation of all things to another person given that it is through that very act of creation He deserve our worship and through it we acknowledge His existence ?
Hence, if Jehovah witnesses and other Christians rely heavily on the words of Paul and John or any other person and therefore insist that God assigned the creation of all things to Jesus Christ, then Jesus deserve their worship because the reasonable response of the creature is to worship their Creator. Yet, only God deserve to be worship. This is exactly the reason why God would never delegate the creation of things to any other person other than Himself as He clearly stated above: "BY MYSELF( Isaiah 44:24)".
In fact, the question at the end of Isaiah 44:24 quoted above - "WHO WAS WITH ME ?" present in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible of Jehovah's witnesses) is an indisputable evidence that God did not employ the service of anybody during the creation of the heavens and the earth ! But sadly enough, the Christians still prefer those fallible words of men (which they believe to be inspired by God) to those infallible words of God that came DIRECTLY from God's mouth. Is this not the high time for the Christians to question their belief that the whole of the Bible is an inspired word of God? Here we can see how Paul and John contradict God Almighty on the answer to the question "who is the actual Creator of all things?"; a very important question that demands a straightforward answer!

The only way to resolve this contradiction is when we assume that Jesus is God. But as we have already established above, there are many verses of Bible that will never support this assumption.

Consequently, if Jehovah witnesses manage to escape the problem of accepting Jesus as God, there is no way they can escape the problem of accepting him as master worker of all creation. The only solution to this problem is to expunge all those fallible words of men from the Bible while allowing the DIRECT words from God's mouth to stay. But then, what are we to say about the authenticity of the Bible ?

Have you now agreed with me that the problem of "Who is God ? and who is the creator ?" is yet to be resolved in the world of Christianity . This is a FOUNDATIONAL problem that can never be overlooked. As we all know, any beautiful mansion that is erected on a very weak foundation is bound to collapse! This problem alone, if properly understood, is enough for any sincere seeker of truth to have preference for Islam over Christianity.
Unlike Bible, Qur'an is consistent regarding the identity of God ; it is consistent in establishing that God is God and He is the creator of all things, and that Jesus is neither God nor the Creator but one of the mighty prophets of God who was born miraculously by virgin Mary.

There are some Christians who want to argue that Allah is not God. I will only advice these Christians to get a Bible translated in Arabic language. They will discover that there is no other name the authors used for God except Allah ( the same spelling with that of Qur'an). Since God is the originator and creator of all languages, there is nothing wrong if God use Allah for himself in Quran given that Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language and there is no any other name that Arabs used for God other than Allah. What these Christians suppose to do is to investigate whether the description and identity given to Allah in Qur'an actually tally with that of God Almighty. Reading those verses of Qur'an quoted below are enough to convince you that description and identity of the speaker (Allah) tally perfectly with that of God Almighty, the God of Israel.

“O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.

I made them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth and not (even) their own creation, nor was I to take the misleaders as helpers (Qur'an 18:51)

And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations (Qur'an 6:83-86).

O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).

When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).

We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)

As you can see, all the personal pronouns in all the verses of Qur'an cited above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God.
Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Braaad: 12:46am On Jul 30, 2018
Very interesting read....

I'll like to see what the religious community have to say about it.
Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Nukilia: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Op kindly arrange the write-up of you want me to read it.... grin cheesy
Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by true2god: 6:43am On Jul 30, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Since any false representation of God is tantamount to IDOLATRY, then it is of great importance that there should be no any iota of confusion regarding the identity of God. However, this is not the case in Christianity. Unlike Qur'an, Bible is not consistent with the identity of God. If it says Jesus is God in one place, then it will say Jesus is not God in another place.

John1:1 declare:" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Here we see that THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14, it states "The Word became flesh, and made His dwelling among us." Here we see again that JESUS = THE WORD. Simple logic declares that if A=B and B=C then A=C.

Therefore, since JESUS = THE WORD and THE WORD = GOD, then JESUS = GOD . This is just one out of many biblical evidence used by Trinitarian Christians to prove that Jesus is God.

Since we have seen how the book of John established that Jesus is God, let us now investigate whether the remaining part of the Bible support this claim or not.
1. Jesus was praying to the Father and he said; "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the "ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ? If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then hopefully the Christians might still want to argue that Jesus is also God just like his Father. However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will continue to shatter the hope of those who want to believe that Jesus is God. This verse is the strongest evidence put forward by Jehovah witnesses to prove that Jesus is not God.

2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God Almighty , then which God was he referring to when he said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God Almighty have another God?

3. Also Luke 6:12 says "He (Jesus) went out to the mountain side to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God" . If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself ?

4. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God?

5. Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? No one is good, but one, that is God”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and then submit that all goodness belongs only to God?

6. Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. Remember Jesus did NOT say: "you believe in Father, believe also in me". He said : "you believe in God, believe also in me”. Therefore, if Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God?

7. Again, in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his lack of knowledge about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to the Father? Can God be lacking anything as regard to knowledge?

8. Finally in John 5:30, Jesus was reported to have said: " I can of my own self do nothing". If Jesus is God, is it possible for All- powerful and independent God to utter this kind of statement?

As you can see, there is no way we can reconcile John 1:1,14 (which teaches that Jesus is God ) with other verses of the Bible that dispute this claim. Despite the fact that Trinitarian Christians and Jehovah witnesses are using the same Bible; yet they differ in their belief regarding the identity of God. The former believe that Jesus is God while the latter believe that Jesus is not God. Have you now seen that the main cause of this discrepancy is the Bible itself. This is the reason why Jehovah witnesses were forced to change the translation of John 1:1 to " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god" . They change the clause "and the word was God" in all other versions of the Bible to "and the word was a god" in their NWT Bible. Therefore, by refering to Jesus as a lesser "god", they managed to run away from the problem of calling Jesus God.

However, as they managed to run away from the problem of accepting Jesus as God , they were unable to run away from the problem of accepting him as "master worker of all creation" . In other words , like other Christian denominations, the Jehovah witnesses also believe that God created everything THROUGH Jesus Christ . They believe that God did not create anything EXCEPT Jesus. That is to say: God created Jesus, then it was Jesus that created all other things including the heavens and the earth. So according to their claim, Jesus is the immediate Creator of all things. That God created everything through (or by )Jesus Christ is no where to be found in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke. It is only found in the books written by Paul and John;

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM ALL THINGS CAME and through whom we live.( 1st Corinthians 8:6).

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN CREATED THROUGH him and for him ( Colossians 1:16).

THROUGH him ALL THINGS WERE MADE ; without him nothing was made that has been made (John 1:3)

But is it really true that God assigned the creation of heavens and earth to Jesus christ ? Let see what God Almighty say about this matter ;

"This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer and the one who formed you in the womb: 'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth BY MYSELF (WHO WAS WITH ME ?) (Isaiah 44:24 KJV, NWT)

"MY OWN HAND laid the foundations of the earth, and MY RIGHT HAND spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together. (Isaiah 48:13)".

It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. MY OWN HANDS stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts (Isaiah 45:12)

"For My HAND made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD ( Isaiah 66:2)

As you can see from above, Paul and John proclaimed that God delegated the creation of all things to Jesus Christ. But God Almighty declare that He created all things ALL ALONE, BY HIMSELF, BY HIS OWN HANDS AND NOBODY WAS WITH HIM. What better words do we want God to use before we can believe that He created the heavens and the earth without the assistance of anybody ?

If a man hires a contractor as his agent to build a house, could the man say that he built the house “ALL ALONE” and "BY HIS OWN HANDS" without lying? So could God Almighty have lied about creating the heavens and the earth by His own hands while He actually used another distinct person as His agent to actually do the creation for Him?

Besides, who want to know or care that one true God exist if not for His act of creation? The only reason why we label all the idols as " false gods" is because they did not create anything and that is the reason they do not deserve our worship. Therefore, it is quite true that all the worship and glorification we give to God originate from the fact of being the Creator of all things . In other words, the STRONGEST REASON why God deserve our worship, praises and glory is because He was the one that created us and all other things that exist (See Psalm 95:6, 96:4-5, 139:14, Revelation 4:11, 14:7). Does it now make sense to believe that God assigned the creation of all things to another person given that it is through that very act of creation He deserve our worship and through it we acknowledge His existence ?
Hence, if Jehovah witnesses and other Christians rely heavily on the words of Paul and John or any other person and therefore insist that God assigned the creation of all things to Jesus Christ, then Jesus deserve their worship because the reasonable response of the creature is to worship their Creator. Yet, only God deserve to be worship. This is exactly the reason why God would never delegate the creation of things to any other person other than Himself as He clearly stated above: "BY MYSELF( Isaiah 44:24)".
In fact, the question at the end of Isaiah 44:24 quoted above - "WHO WAS WITH ME ?" present in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible of Jehovah's witnesses) is an indisputable evidence that God did not employ the service of anybody during the creation of the heavens and the earth ! But sadly enough, the Christians still prefer those fallible words of men (which they believe to be inspired by God) to those infallible words of God that came DIRECTLY from God's mouth. Is this not the high time for the Christians to question their belief that the whole of the Bible is an inspired word of God? Here we can see how Paul and John contradict God Almighty on the answer to the question "who is the actual Creator of all things?"; a very important question that demands a straightforward answer!

The only way to resolve this contradiction is when we assume that Jesus is God. But as we have already established above, there are many verses of Bible that will never support this assumption.

Consequently, if Jehovah witnesses manage to escape the problem of accepting Jesus as God, there is no way they can escape the problem of accepting him as master worker of all creation. The only solution to this problem is to expunge all those fallible words of men from the Bible while allowing the DIRECT words from God's mouth to stay. But then, what are we to say about the authenticity of the Bible ?

Have you now agreed with me that the problem of "Who is God ? and who is the creator ?" is yet to be resolved in the world of Christianity . This is a FOUNDATIONAL problem that can never be overlooked. As we all know, any beautiful mansion that is erected on a very weak foundation is bound to collapse! This problem alone, if properly understood, is enough for any sincere seeker of truth to have preference for Islam over Christianity.
Unlike Bible, Qur'an is consistent regarding the identity of God ; it is consistent in establishing that God is God and He is the creator of all things, and that Jesus is neither God nor the Creator but one of the mighty prophets of God who was born miraculously by virgin Mary.

There are some Christians who want to argue that Allah is not God. I will only advice these Christians to get a Bible translated in Arabic language. They will discover that there is no other name the authors used for God except Allah ( the same spelling with that of Qur'an). Since God is the originator and creator of all languages, there is nothing wrong if God use Allah for himself in Quran given that Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language and there is no any other name that Arabs used for God other than Allah. What these Christians suppose to do is to investigate whether the description and identity given to Allah in Qur'an actually tally with that of God Almighty. Reading those verses of Qur'an quoted below are enough to convince you that description and identity of the speaker (Allah) tally perfectly with that of God Almighty, the God of Israel.

“O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.

I made them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth and not (even) their own creation, nor was I to take the misleaders as helpers (Qur'an 18:51)

And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations (Qur'an 6:83-86).

O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).

When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).

We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)

As you can see, all the personal pronouns in all the verses of Qur'an cited above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God.
Your writing skill is very poor; I wonder if you have a pass in english language in your SSCE exams.

If I may ask you, are you now are JW or still a Muslim? Are you trying to employ the 'divide and rule tactics' which Mohammed employed to deceive the Medinans before conquering them for allahh?

As I said earlier, kindly do something about your writing and composition skill. You can also employ the services of a private teacher to help you out. Asalama lekum!
Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Feb 17
Abdulgaffar22:
Since any false representation of God is tantamount to IDOLATRY, then it is of great importance that there should be no any iota of confusion regarding the identity of God. However, this is not the case in Christianity.
■ If it says Jesus is God in one place, then it will say Jesus is not God in another place.
The problem is Jesus Christ already more than answered the question of His identity clearly in His Gospel. So, the attempt made by even this religious organization to assert its special lie over that declared in Scripture more than reveals that their intention is not towards the Truth of God but rather to promote the lies of men in its place. undecided

As made clear by the author of the book of John below in John 1 vs 1, Jesus Christ is not the God of Israel even though Jesus Christ, like the Father, is a God. In His teachings, Jesus Christ said the following of the relationship between Himself and the Father, God of Israel.

■ The Father is greater than He, Jesus Christ,
■ He, Jesus Christ, is in the Father, and the Father is in Him(Jesus Christ),
■ All that Jesus Christ gives to you, His follower, is that which the Father gives Him,
■ He, Jesus Christ does only that which His Father bids Him do,
■ He, Jesus Christ cannot do anything apart from the Father,
■ He, Jesus Christ said," “My Father never stops working, and so I work too.”
■ He, Jesus Christ also said, “I assure you that the Son can do nothing alone. He does only what he sees his Father doing. The Son does the same things that the Father does. The Father loves the Son and shows him everything he does."
....etc.

John, the author of John 1 vs 1 did not get it wrong at all, and as such, the attempt by the religious zealots/cult to "correct" him by denying what he wrote is rather from a place that is against God, and Jesus Christ. Yes, what John wrote in John 1 vs 1 is corroborated by the words of Jesus Christ recorded in all 4 Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. What the JW cult asserts is hence antichrist in origin. undecided

Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Janosky: 1:12am On Feb 17
Oga Abdul, the caption of your thread is very misleading and spurious.

Please, you may need to reframe your topic.

For the record, nobody "forced" JWs to "change John 1:1.

I'd like to refer you to Acts 12:22-23 & compare the usage of Greek 2316 Theos (Greek word meaning "God/a god".

If you grasp how Theos is rendered at Acts 12:22-23, you will understand why Emphatic Diaglot Bible,Sahidic Coptic Bible & NWT used similar rendition at John 1:1.

You may need to research & find out the correct rendition of John 10:33, which is exact opposite of the popular version in most Bibles.
Shalom.
Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Janosky: 11:14am On Feb 17
Kobojunkie:
The problem is Jesus Christ already more than answered the question of His identity clearly in His Gospel. So, the attempt made by even this religious organization to assert its special lie over that declared in Scripture more than reveals that their intention is not towards the Truth of God but rather to promote the lies of men in its place. undecided

Are you drunk or nah which weed you dey smoke?

Is Jesus Christ revealed truth of Mathew 16:13-17 & John 17:3 lies in your own Bible?

Kobojunkie:

As made clear by the author of the book of John below in John 1 vs 1, Jesus Christ is not the God of Israel even though Jesus Christ, like the Father, is a God. In His teachings, Jesus Christ said the following of the relationship between Himself and the Father, God of Israel.

■ The Father is greater than He, Jesus Christ,
■ He, Jesus Christ, is in the Father, and the Father is in Him(Jesus Christ),
■ All that Jesus Christ gives to you, His follower, is that which the Father gives Him,
■ He, Jesus Christ does only that which His Father bids Him do,
■ He, Jesus Christ cannot do anything apart from the Father,
■ He, Jesus Christ said," “My Father never stops working, and so I work too.”
■ He, Jesus Christ also said, “I assure you that the Son can do nothing alone. He does only what he sees his Father doing. The Son does the same things that the Father does. The Father loves the Son and shows him everything he does."
....etc.

Since you knew these Bible truths which JWs teach from your Bible, why are you making false claims about JWs?

Kobojunkie:

John, the author of John 1 vs 1 did not get it wrong at all, and as such, the attempt by the religious zealots/cult to "correct" him by denying what he wrote is rather from a place that is against God, and Jesus Christ. Yes, what John wrote in John 1 vs 1 is corroborated by the words of Jesus Christ recorded in all 4 Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. What the JW cult asserts is hence antichrist in origin. undecided

Your claim (bolded) is very SPURIOUS & off point.
Don't you know that the popular rendition of John 10:33 is a FRAUD?
The authentic rendition of John 10:33 validates the same rendition of John 1:1 in NWT, Emphatic Diaglott, Sahidic Coptic Bible & 10 other Bible translations.
@ John 10:33, John wrote that Jesus is a god, therefore John 1:1 in NWT, Emphatic Diaglott & Sahidic Coptic Bible is correct 💯.

Kobojunkie concluded that Jesus Christ is NOT the God of Israel.
Is Jesus Christ the God of kobojunkie?

Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by MightySparrow: 3:58pm On Feb 17
Abdulgaffar22:

What exactly is your problem with this?
Re: Why Jws Were Forced To Change John1:1 by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Feb 17
true2god:
Your writing skill is very poor; I wonder if you have a pass in english language in your SSCE exams.
If I may ask you, are you now are JW or still a Muslim? Are you trying to employ the 'divide and rule tactics' which Mohammed employed to deceive the Medinans before conquering them for allahh?

As I said earlier, kindly do something about your writing and composition skill. You can also employ the services of a private teacher to help you out. Asalama lekum!
Abeg Waka pass or attempt a reasonable response to what OP has up there. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

6 Church Members Dies As Pastor Makes Congregants Drink Jik In South Africa / ‘don’t Let God Curse You, Scholar Warns Church Workers,pastors / Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.