Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? (6251 Views)

Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
Yes,

We finally lost as expected.I wonder what the anti-Amodu proponents have to say about this.  Amodu took us to the world cup, got crucified to satisfy the lunatics baying for his blood and he got replaced by a white man who of course knows better than his dumb African counterparts.

What do you think should happen to him?  Should be sacked too?  Do we bring in Westerhof? Wenger perhaps? Some white guy with no name?  Any white guy would now right?

Nonsense!
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by otokx(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
The NFF has to apologise to AMODU and sack Lagerback immediately he completes his world cup fiasco.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by candylips(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2010
total waste of money
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
Does anyone have any suggestions for our next coach coz our modus operandi is to sack coaches who fail to bring back GOLD! Perhaps we should get some Armenian guy? I heard India has good coaches.How about Colombia? Or Peru? Ah. . .Ukraine. . .yeah! So long as he's not a black man, any other coach fits the bill. Come on people, we need more white men. I wonder why no one has put a post concerning Lagerback's sacking.If it was Amodu, there would have been over 400 threads begging for his head on a stick.

Hypocrites! ! !
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

The NFF has to apologise to AMODU and sack Lagerback immediately he completes his world cup fiasco.

Perhaps. . .

We need to change our culture of over rated expectations and quit our slave mentality.We have an arsenal of good coaches in this country but we believe it must be a white man to run things. We still believe in the magic of Westerhof.Everyone has forgotten the hard work of Samson Siasia and Amodu.So sad.So pathetic.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2010
candylips:

total waste of money

The hundreds of millions naira involved in Lagerback's contract is mind boggling. Amodu must be rolling all over the floor and laughing out loud right now.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by yusuf01(m): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
I believe if Mourinho was appointed as the eagles coach three weeks to tournament like this and he also has this same result as this, there will also be a thread on him asking him to be sacked, I believe all of us are just tacticians, why can't we take up the position of the coach, you cowards. it is very easy to criticize when you are sitting on at the corner of your house, is it not, it is very easy to point fingers, is it not, was he the one responsible for the injuries, or was he the one that made kaita to be sent off. You guys are just dreadful losers, that is all. you guys just blab around like chickens that has their head chopped off. Remember Mourinho's first season at inter, he was knocked out of the champions league with a dreadful performance and the second season he won it. Largerback only spent 3 weeks with these guys before the world cup and you expect him to perform miracles, enough of these pointless criticisms and lets give this guy a chance. Nigerians are just like the English always calliing for the head of their coaches after every defeat, who do we employ now? I believe even Guus Hindink will have his luck run out with us, we are just ingrates, that is all
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
yusuf01:

I believe if Mourinho was appointed as the eagles coach three weeks to tournament like this and he also has this same result as this, there will also be a thread on him asking him to be sacked,  I believe all of us are just tacticians, why can't we take up the position of the coach, you cowards. it is very easy to criticize when you are sitting on at the corner of your house, is it not, it is very easy to point fingers, is it not,  was he the one responsible for the injuries, or was he the one that made kaita to be sent off. You guys are just dreadful losers, that is all. you guys just blab around like chickens that has their head chopped off. Remember Mourinho's first season at inter, he was knocked out of the champions league with a dreadful performance and the second season he won it. Largerback only spent 3 weeks with these guys before the world cup and you expect him to perform miracles, enough of these pointless criticisms and lets give this guy a chance. Nigerians are just like the English always calliing for the head of their coaches after every defeat, who do we employ now? I believe even Guus Hindink will have his luck run out with us, we are just ingrates,  that is all

How about hulk hogan? He would make an impressive coach don't you think? grin
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by otokx(m): 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lagerback can continue in HELL.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by yusuf01(m): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
and to add to you guy's pathetic ways of thinking, because swizerland beat the spainish team, does it mean that the coach that has been unbeaten for a lenghty no. of times should be sacked, he went through the qualifiers unbeaten, then if the spainish are nigerians, he should be sacked because of the fact that he lost to lowly swizerland. If we continue this way, hiring and firing coaches, we will always lament,
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by JIY: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
All of you that want to start a coaching war, and yes, that includes you, harakiri, only confirm what is wrong with Nigeria: Inability to think logically and objectively, and  a lack of clue as to the problem or solution of a particular matter or situation. That's why we are in the present mess. Meaning that you are no better than the football administrator we all criticize or  the players or the very coaches you want to crucify. Barely six months ago many of you (the same persons now baying for Lagerback's head) were clamoring for the sack of Amodu and for a new coach, and now you are doing the same again. Not everything is a coaching problem, and the solution of our present situation lies neither with a domestic or foreign coach necessarily.

I suggest that if someone does not have a constructive thing to say on a subject, he or she had better kept quite. Learn to analyze situations critically before posting vitriolic  threads.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
JIY:

All of you that want to start a coaching war, and yes, that includes you, harakiri, only confirm what is wrong with Nigeria: Inability to think logically and objectively, and  a lack of clue as to the problem or solution of a particular matter or situation. That's why we are in the present mess. Meaning that you are no better than the football administrator we all criticize or  the players or the very coaches you want to crucify. Barely six months ago many of you (the same persons now baying Lagerback's head) were clamoring for the sack of Amodu and for a new coach, and now you are doing the same again. Not everything is a coaching problem, and the solution of our present situation lies neither with a domestic or foreign coach necessarily.

I suggest that if someone does not have a constructive thing to say on a subject, he or she had better kept quite. Learn to analyze situations critically before posting vitriolic  threads.

Before you get your itchy fingers into typing crap, take a minute or two to read through the post and make an attempt to grab the message of the thread.My thread is NOT about castigating coaches but against our sacking culture and over expectations from both players and coaches alike.Please you went to school.Make an attempt to read and understand.Another of my post on this coach issue can be found here :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464539.0.html#msg6234312

Read through it before you type abeg.It's people like you that force me to use harsh language on this forum.For someone who's talking about "logic" and "objectivity", you obviously don't have on inkling what those words mean.Do some research.Google is your friend! grin

In between, if you have an atom of useful information you'd like to share or contribute to the up-liftment of soccer in this country, please don't fail to state them otherwise forever hold your peace.

End of!
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
The man should do us all a favour and resign now!!!

I am not waiting for NFF to sack him because they are too compromised to do so.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by JIY: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
Please you went to school.

Look who is talking about school! I suggest you learn the rules of grammar and construction before you can even begin to challenge my objection. You obviously lack manners and ability to make constructive argument, hence your deplorable language. Typically Nigerian!
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
JIY:

Look who is talking about school! I suggest you learn the rules of grammar and construction before you can even begin to challenge my objection. You obviously lack manners and ability to make constructive argument, hence your deplorable language. Typically Nigerian!

I guess bumbling out unnecessary big words makes a good,logical and objective argument to you.Hmmm. . .if you know how pathetic you sound, you would feel sorry for yourself. I know your type though.They come a dime a dozen.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by JIY: 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
I guess bumbling out unnecessary big words makes a good,logical and objective argument to you.Hmmm. . .if you know how pathetic you sound, you would feel sorry for yourself. I know your type though.They come a dime a dozen.

If you were confident in your ability to make clear and convincing arguments, there would be no need for you to resort to disrespectful language. From this brief exchange, who do you suppose will come off as a bumbling fool?
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
JIY:

If you were confident in your ability to make clear and convincing arguments, there would be no need for you to resort to disrespectful language. From this brief exchange, who do you suppose will come off as a bumbling fool?

My goodness! You are indeed dumber than a sack full of hammers! ! !
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by harakiri(m): 9:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
Back to the topic :

What should be Lagerback's fate? Should he continue to coach the eagles? Should Amodu come back? What can we do to improve on our team? Positive contributions are welcome grin
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by JIY: 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
My goodness! You are indeed dumber than a sack full of hammers! ! !

Am I?

Don't you think you display here the worst in Nigerians? Silence the say is the best answer, but one last thing: I suggest you work on your manners, you'd benefit greatly!
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by otokx(m): 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
No more foreign coaches.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by honeric01(m): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
Which coach should we go for now? uhmmmm, i tthink Nigeria is too big for just one coach, can we employ 36 coaches since we have 36 states in Nigeria? that should help.

For your information, all the 36 coaches must be whites, you know they are the best coach that knows how to win the world cup.

DELUSIONISTS, HOW DO YOU LOT EXPECT A BLACK MAN TO WIN THE WORLDCUP WHEN HE'S NEVER GIVEN THE CHANCE TO EVEN LEAD FOR ONCE?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angryI am waiting for one baygon to come tell me we need a mourinho-pep-Ferguson-wenger IN Nigeria.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by EzeUche(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
We do not need anymore foreign coaches.

Why should Africans choose foreign coaches instead of coaches in Nigeria? It doesn't make sense.

I think many Africans have an inferiority complex.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
We do not need anymore foreign coaches.

Why should Africans choose foreign coaches instead of coaches in Nigeria? It doesn't make sense.

I think many Africans have an inferiority complex.

In this world cup, England, Switzerland and Greece have foreign coaches, So we can say they have inferiority complexes too.

In the recent past, Turkey, Russia, Korea, Japan, Portugal, Australia all had foreign coaches
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
come oh, wat did he do now ehn, shey na him fault say kaita drink alomo come dey misbehave for field, abeg, u guys shld just suck it up already, !nuffing is ever good for yhu guys, ! tsssswwwwww,  angry bsidz all of yhu are pretenders, how many of yhu had faith in d super eagles from d onset wiv all d criticism and ill luck, abeg make una chillax, anu mpamas, !
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by samdigo(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
yes, yes yes yes
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by deeboiz: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
3hrs to the biggest game of the year
any Celtics fan(s) in the building?!?

Let go Celtics
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by madoba: 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2010
I find most of the posts here very annoying, why should Lagerback be sacked? Every time we (Nigeria) lose a match in any tournament we start screaming for the head of the coach. We have a terrible history of sacking our coaches/technical advisers when we lose. We seriously need to grow up and be more mature in this respect.

Let us not forget that in every competition there will always be a winner and a loser, besides that winning a match is not the sole responsibility of a coach. How the players perform on the pitch, will greatly determine whether we win or lose. Is Lagerback to be blamed for the red card we got today? Is it his fault that Obasi missed a golden opportunity to score the Greeks?

Our national team seems to be living on the past glory of Atlanta 96, even though the team is made up of new players now. There is a lack of commitment on the part of our players to the national team, it seems to me like they prefer to play for their individual clubs than for the nation. If we had Westerhof, Bonfere Jo, Wenger or Jose Mauhrino and we lost a match the outcome will still be the same - people screaming for their heads and asking for the termination of their appointment.
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
i find it amusing that the real actors to the demise of Nigerian football are not being held accountable
we did nopt get here by mistake but basically by plan
WE PLANNED TO FAIL
we all remember boycotting the 98 ANC cos of MAJOR GENERAL GOGGLED MARKS(ABASHA)
that conytributed a lot to where we are right now,we lost a lot for there were good and upcoming players who would have needed that tourney to get into better clubs in europe but noooooooooooo,abasha decided to rub his stained ego and poull us out of the tourney,after that we managed to qualify for france 98 and had a bunch of players coming thru and definately would have used the ANC in 2000 to get into better clubs but we were banned for our stupidity 2 yrs earlier
Now,our football is stagnant,we dont know where to head
infact why i dey write sef
e no pain cos no body dey watch (soccer) for my house but me but i dare not go to the african mkt so these ghanaians no go use me laugh
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by CarlosVent(m): 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
he might deliver his mandate bt i tink amodus ghost is huntin nigeria
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by youngmonie: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigerians of hire and sack. Someone has barely spent 2 months as head coach and they want him sacked. If there is anybody to be sackedd it is the chairman of NFF. COMMON PEOPLE a competion is starting of the  11th of June and the coah is appointed in April when most football club seasons are still on. What do u want him to do  and besides Nigerian players are average players,  most of dem are not even regular players for their clubs, so wht do u expect. I belive largerback is a good coah cos etuhu in an interview said since largerback had come on,, they reallly felt like they have a coach unlike before and jus because he lost his first 2 matches u lot want him sacked undecided
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
dayokanu:

In this world cup, England, Switzerland and Greece have foreign coaches, So we can say they have inferiority complexes too.

In the recent past, Turkey, Russia, Korea, Japan, Portugal, Australia all had foreign coaches

How many of their Foreign Coaches are or were Nigerians / Africans?

The passion with which you senselessly defend a failed Lagerback and a failed ideology makes me wonder whether you are a stakeholder in the corruption going on in the NFF
Re: Lagerback's Fate: Should He Be Sacked Too? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lagerback is not the problem and i don't think he should be sacked. But the problem i have with the NFA is that why can't they stop believing that hiring a white coach would solve our problem. Wasting millions of dollar to pay him. I have not heared that France or other English country would ever think of coming to us to hire our coach, that's because they have faith in themselves. This should be a lesson to the football association.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

[DOWNLOAD VIDEO] Chelsea Vs Man City 2-0 Goals And Highlights / Arsenal Sign Chezh Republic Mid-fielder / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Gabros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.