Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) (3265 Views)

Spiritual Sacrifice / This Is What Spiritual Sacrifice(ebo) Looks Like In Brazil(graphic Photos) / What You Don't Know About IFA Sacrifice (ebo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 9:50am On Jul 30, 2018
The practice of Ebo (sacrifice) is not the same as the sacrificial rite performed by babalawo.

The sacrificial rite is a public performance initially intended to demonstrate a social commitment on the part of the devotee to change his/her life for the betterment of the community. 99.9% of the time, the food sacrificed was eaten by the community (the 0.1% of the time it was left in the forest for small animals to eat). It was never meant to be literally for the spirit of orisa.

The various elements included in the ebo were symbolic of the actions you need to take...the sacrifice you need to make in your real life. This is why Eshu (the deity of decision making) is the central orisha concerned with all ebo; he is concerned with change thru your decisions in LIFE not at the altar.

However, with the murder of the many elders who opposed the "slave trade," a new class of theocratic hierarchy rose and the people lost the knowledge of the symbolic meaning behind the rituals. Now they confuse the ritual act for the real-life act of ebo. They are unfortunately being encouraged by con-artist priests who want to make money off of their ignorance.

True ebo (sacrifice) deals with the sacrifices & taboos you must make in your real life, not on an altar.

""Ifa spirituality ""

1 Like

Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by hopefulLandlord: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2018
Elucidate please
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Elucidate please
on what point sir? ....
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by hopefulLandlord: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2018
vaxx:
on what point sir? ....

You seem to be saying all these sacrifices we see on the road are shams and the real sacrifices "Ebo" is actually physical act rather than taking a clay plate, filling it with yam and palm oil then putting it at a junction where three roads meet
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You seem to be saying all these sacrifices we see on the road are shams and the real sacrifices "Ebo" is actually physical act rather than taking a clay plate, filling it with yam and palm oil then putting it at a junction where three roads meet
they are purely symbolic .......just like killing chicken on Christmas day....

1 Like

Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by hopefulLandlord: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2018
vaxx:

But these things are said to have power on their own or are they rural myths? we hear a lot of stories about sacrifices. Like some people take the sacrifices to the junction and peace returns to the environs. Kings need to carry out those sacrifices when their time comes to ascend the throne or some disaster would befall his kingdom
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by sonmvayina(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2018
vaxx:
on what point sir? ....

I have been following your contribution on this forum for a while and would like a personal relationship with you(lol)...

I want to connect with our old roots.. My wazapp number is zero eight zero tri tri six ate tri ate tri six..
Add, me please.. I just returned from the UK.. At least I have a good knowledge of both worlds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 11:46am On Jul 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

But these things are said to have power on their own or are they rural myths? we hear a lot of stories about sacrifices. Like some people take the sacrifices to the junction and peace returns to the environs. Kings need to carry out those sacrifices when their time comes to ascend the throne or some disaster would befall his kingdom
I do not want to sound rude or arrogant but it is due to lack of quality knowledge of the true Ifa teaching on their part..... our ceremony initiations are just social ceremonies,

Ifa is the Wisdom of Olodumaré and as a way of life. It must be practiced in every thing you do To be an aborisa (avatar of orisha), you have to LIVE IT.
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by hopefulLandlord: 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
vaxx:
I do not want to sound rude or arrogant but it is due to lack of quality knowledge of the true Ifa teaching on their part..... our ceremony initiations are just social ceremonies,

Ifa is the Wisdom of Olodumaré and as a way of life. It must be practiced in every thing you do To be an aborisa (avatar of orisha), you have to LIVE IT.

Too many misconceptions(?) have been allowed to permeate YTR
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Too many misconceptions(?) have been allowed to permeate YTR
I agree with u.
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by mystiquerebirth(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
Too many grammar here. I am almost lost in your theories. You need toto explain your messages better

vaxx:
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
mystiquerebirth:
Too many grammar here. I am almost lost in your theories. You need toto explain your messages better

I mean it is purely ceremonial and carries no element of authority known as Ase in Yoruba dialect.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by mystiquerebirth(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hmmm, I deeply disagree with you on your post.

vaxx:
I mean it is purely ceremonial and carries no element of authority known as Ase in Yoruba dialect.
Re: The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) by vaxx: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
mystiquerebirth:
Hmmm, I deeply disagree with you on your post.

why please ....

(1) (Reply)

Warning Graphic, Raw Photos -- Isis On Christians: 'there Is Nothing To Give The / What Will Happen To Those Who Didn't Hear The Gospel? / Daddy Freeze Reacts To The Statement Of RCCG Pastor That Dangote Will Not Make H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.