Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k (441 Views)

My Girlfriend Introduced Me As A Neighbour Today / How Do I Get A Nice And Religious Husband For This Ex Neighbour Of Mine? / Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k by swuftz: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Its a long story but ill try to make it short

It was just 5.30am in the morning about 5 days ago when I received a text message from a friend which happened to be my next door neighbour. The text read..please I need your advice how to get a divorce certificate within one week so I can do a new wedding. Something good happened overnight..its a miracle.the text concluded..I was surprised to receive such text and I wonder what it was that happened overnight that could make her so excited and wanting her to get married all of a sudden..Yes I was happy for her yet I was filled with scepticism and some sort of misgivings...what could have happened overnight.. don't get me wrong I am a staunch believer in Miracles, I know miracles still happened but a marriage proposal miracle that happened overnight gave me cause for weariness and concern at the same time... So I quickly picked my phone and called my neighbour.

She picked on first ring and was so excited as she rushed to tell me about the overnight miracle that just happened to her. A Spanish white man she met online just proposed to her. He wants to marry her and it's ready to invite her to the UK the flowing week for the marriage ceremony. I was equally excited and happy for her. It's what we have been expecting ..But been very cautious in nature I asked her to tell .me their romance story, as in how they met , who first made the first contact and how long they have been in this online dating and what's the name of this Miracle Spanish suitor that s just ready to sweep her off her feet .

Excitedly she stated that she's been in the online relationship with the guy for just a week when the guy proposed. Ha!!!!! I screamed ! Under just a week and he is ready to marry you just like that! I queried. And she became defensive..she told me the guy is a very serious man o, you know he is a white guy and white guys don't think like we blacks and Africans think. The guy is a widow and he needs somebody who Can also helped in looking after his children by the late wife. He has 3 kids.of ages 2, 7, and 11. The guys friend too married a Nigeria lady. He even sent pictures of his friend with his Nigeria wife , both living in the UK city of Liverpool just like him.

I was not convinced and became alarmed . I asked her if she hasn't told the guy about herself because I was beginning to suspect a scam brewing up. She told me she has narrated her life story to the guy, and all her disappointment with men and her bad experiences in past relationships. The guy also informed her of his earlier scepticism about her been a Nigeria because of the numerous scams he knew Nigerians commit online. At the end both assured each other that they at are both genuine and their affairs would be another love story that end happily ever after.

Victoria is a middle age woman of 41. She has not been very fortunate when it comes to having a successful relationship..At 41 She has been married once and is presently separated from her husband whom she met about 4 years ago. It has been a childless union and the husband is an example of a wicked and unrepentant womanizer. He maltreated her on numerous occasions and brought other women to their matrimonial home even with her in the house. He beats her at will and eventually had to abandoned her to stay with another woman.He has since not come home for nearly 2 years. He has practically end the marriage when he came to parked his belonging from their apartment in Ojota where they reside in a room and parlour. She is the one that always took care of the rent. Ever since she has not been lucky to get into another relationship till this overnight miracle so I can understand her desperation to get married. At 41 and no child of her own she is running against time.

Fast forward to 4 days ago. Smith Bush her Spanish white man living in Liverpool United Kingdom called her to i inform her that he is sending her a gift of iPhone x an Apple laptop and an Apple iPad, so he needs her address. She hurriedly sent it. He also informed her that he is including the sum of £5000 for her to process her UK visa and any sundry expenses. She was so excited. It was indeed a miracle . But I cautioned and warn her that this story is too good to be true. I smell a rat. I warned her not to put her hope on it untill she saw the package delivered..

The following day Mr Smith Bush a Medical Doctor (MD) working with Central Hospital Liverpool UK sent her a waybill document of the package he sent through British Airways. I was nearly bought over myself. But from hindsight I asked her to forward the copay of the waybill. .here is a copy....I have to scrutinised the way Bill very carefully and discovered that it was a fake..I discovered that the waybill number was incorrect. British Airways Cargo worldwide waybill number starts with figure 125 followed by eight figures. It shows whoever sent the waybill is an amateur scammer or perhaps he has been doing it and getting away with it with other ignorant victim..

I quickly pointed his out to Victoria and told her everything is a Scam . She didn't believe me. As she was talking with me Mr Smith Bush was also calling her from the UK asking her to go and collect the Package. One other issue with the waybill is that the destination port was not written. It only said Nigeria without indicating which city either Abuja or Lagos..Thrdly I called the UK number on the waybill, it rang but was answers by the machine and the owner of that number was a woman. I told Victoria all these ..She went to NACHO early in the morning armed with the waybill.

As she was getting to the Airport a call came from someone she didn't know. The caller identified himself as Joseph Isibor a staff at the British Airways Cargo section. But rather than been in Lagos , he was calling from Abuja where the purported Package was sent. He told her she would have to pay the sum of 95k to collect it as customs due and 5k to have it delivered to her address in Lagos. She was ready to pay but she didn't have enough in her account. She asked me to help out.

I asked her to send the account number she was asked to pay to. It turned out to be a personal account of the caller ..here is the account information.

..Acc num:0033660003
Acc name :Joseph isibor
GT BANK..
I told her I cannot pay into any private account and that the guy named Joseph Isibor is a scammer and he is the same as Smith Bush..there is no Sith Bush MD a Spanish national in the UK but a concorted imagination of this Joseph. When Victoria called the purported Mr Smith he asked her to negotiate the price and pay it since she is expecting £5000k in the package. When she said it was a scam he was trying to play on her that she is not so naive ...this Mr Smith Bush blocked her totally and stopped all communication with her. That was how she was safe from being scammed of the 100k by Joseph Isibor alias Smith Bush of Liverpool with the above Bank account and phone number
Please beware of scammers. They are developing new schemes everyday to dupe innocent people of their hard eaen money.

Re: Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k by IbadeHQ: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2022
Of course, they will die miserably
Re: Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k by Bluezy13(m): 11:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Re: Romance Scam...how Joseph Isibor Nearly Scam A Neighbour Of 100k by yean1(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2022
They wan run your friend local

(1) (Reply)

In Celebration Of 1.9million Followers On IG, See What Regina Daniels / . / Feminism:- Its True Form And The Truth About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.