Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's (15920 Views)

Pictures Of Vice President Shettima In Cuba / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Osinbajo Vs Obi: Fayose Reacts To Outcome Of Vice-presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Alejoc(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
They claimed it has been launched
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by muzyab: 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
I hope the initiative is sustainable because lagosians go use 100gb for a day
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by BruncleZuma: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
So Osibanjo brought this to Nigeria...how naive we can get at times.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Gallantchrist(m): 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Askng(m): 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
I hope it is not a WIFI regulated and monitored by the undemocratic government

the same government that wants to censor criticism against them is fooling Nigerian that they are offering free WiFI
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nigerians need electricity first to charge their devices..and maybe food too.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by uba1991: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
sanpipita:
These APC liars must go to hell, google planned this project since last year, no way a big company like google will decide to embark on a big project after few days visit of buhari's abokaku https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/16/google-and-partners-commit-100-million-to-african-broadband-project-csquared/
oh oh i forget last year pdp was in charge abi u forget to SAY it was GEJ that started it.USELESS HATERS
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by obowunmi(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
They'll collect data on Nigerians and sell it.

Google sells data.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by uba1991: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
this is d kind of news that kill OJUKWU and NAMDI KANU. the hate good news like shiit. I WONDER HOW MANY IPOB PIGS WILL DIE DIS NIGHT BECAUSE OF DIS NEWS.federal medical center enugu shud b ready to recieve a lot of patients with heart attack this night
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by defhenry(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
the title of your post is misleading. The VPs visit is not what is bringing express wifi, google is doing this as it is a money spinner for them. I can tell you how this works, cos i lead the negotiating team for my company in Abuja. And just so you know, there is nothing free here, google will make a tonne of money from this
Oluwabash:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/07/27/africa/googles-free-public-wi-fi-africa/index.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by sanpipita(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
uba1991:
oh oh i forget last year pdp was in charge abi u forget to SAY it was GEJ that started it.USELESS HATERS

Cry blood if you want, devilish lies of APC must be challenged, evil you guy have done is enough
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by defhenry(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
Haba!!!everything is not about politics bro. Its a good initiative, yes, but it wasnt brought by anyone in govt. Google is doing this to make their money, simple
uba1991:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Tundeobama(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
diebuhari1:
See how ugly old and dirty that Yoruba man looks.
better than all the people from your region dead and Alive
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Wada3: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
The Vice President has been so productive and beneficial to Nigerians. At last since 1999, we now have a Vice President that really knows his onion. He is such a great achiever and a goal getter.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by chiedozie198100: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
how did osinbanjo's name even end up in this post?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
Everybody feast on the giant that refuses to grow, I don't blame them. I'd do the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by seguno2: 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
walepinna:
Facebook launched now google is about to launch even if it's free....Untapped market in Nigeria in which foreigners are exploiting...

Nigeria will surely be great one day ....

....just by saying it and claiming it?
Was that how google was created and nurtured to what it is today
Mentally lazy blacks will wait forever and remain underdogs to those who work hard to achieve their goals.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by seguno2: 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
chiedozie198100:
how did osinbanjo's name even end up in this post?

BMC at work, bro grin
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by seguno2: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Wada3:
The Vice President has been so productive and beneficial to Nigerians. At last since 1999, we now have a Vice President that really knows his onion. He is such a great achiever and a goal getter.

True, he and Buhari with their APC got us to over N500 before reducing to N365 our exchange rate that was handed over to them at N200.
And the mofos were complaining that N200 was terrible.
The thunder that will fire their nyansh is still doing push ups like useless Buratai with his multi million dollar mansions in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by liohan: 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
Oluwabash:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/07/27/africa/googles-free-public-wi-fi-africa/index.html
The reason we will continue to have bad leadership is that we choose to accept them. What's the meaning of "aftermath of Osinbajo visit"?
We the youth should be wise enough to detect propaganda. Nice one from Google.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
My people perish because of lack of knowledge, this project has been on since 2015....
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by WesBreezy: 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
Please I don't get! Would the WiFi be free? Cause I don't understand the $5 for 10gb I saw there
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Dannycypher(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
Oluwabash:

Why the segregation how about the remaining states can't our government make it free for all the 36 states in Nigeria so we can give them some accolades.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Countersam(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Oluwabash:

Ordinary Cotonou has had public free-wifi spots for some years now.
Its a welcome development but please we cant be this slow
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by dasphinx1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
And Google established an Artificial Intelligence Research and Development Center in small Ghana, recently. Yet these ones are here celebrating free wifi? Moreso, they are even claiming that it is a result of V.P's visit to Google's HQ? What the fvcck is wrong with these people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by EliteMike(m): 11:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
I no trust this people....make the thing reach my side sha
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by uvalued(m): 12:23am On Jul 31, 2018
We will use the free wifi to make our statement:#healthyPresident2019 is what we DEMAND!!!

Thanks google
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by khalidx: 1:15am On Jul 31, 2018
Babiod:
Nice initiative.But why can't Google partner with one of our indigenous ICT help build better infrastructure to bolster better WiFi.African is tired of aids such as this,we'll pay,we need better infrastructure/structure for better economy,employment opportunities and growth.It is also a win win for them.hence we know nothing is free even in Freetown.
keep waiting for Google to partner with your indigenous firm , don't ask your indigenous firms to brace up.
As if someone partnerd with Google
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by Konquest: 1:27am On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by LaudableXX: 1:45am On Jul 31, 2018
Babiod:
Nice initiative.But why can't Google partner with one of our indigenous ICT help build better infrastructure to bolster better WiFi.African is tired of aids such as this,we'll pay,we need better infrastructure/structure for better economy,employment opportunities and growth.It is also a win win for them.hence we know nothing is free even in Freetown.
Oga, did you read the entire article posted by the OP at all, before you rushed in to comment? shocked Didn't you see where they said Google will partner with 21st Century to roll out the Wi-fi? Don't you know 21st Century is a local ICT company?

Oluwabash:
Google is not deploying its moonshot Project Loon to provide connectivity, instead, it is partnering with Nigerian fiber optic telecoms service provider 21st Century to roll out Wi-Fi spots at public places such as colleges, malls, markets and bus stations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's by okwabayi(m): 3:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Is it just me or Osinbajo's name does not appear anywhere in the article? I know nairalanders don't read so this is most likely the first comment pointing out the situation.
I knew it was all a matter of time before the government will try to hijack this as one of their successes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Closes Case, Tribunal Fixes Aug 21 For Final Arguments / Betta Edu Gathers The Largest Gathering Of APC Women For Tinubu / Flood Destroys Houses In Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.