Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter (33669 Views)

What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? / My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

Look at this pompous joker! grin Were you not the same person that said you would not accept figures in an e-mail address before, in your previous post? LMAO! cheesy
Go back and read, but now gently.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by LaudableXX: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
Like I said before, I work for HR Agency, we recruit, train and appraise for top companies.

As a recruiter I handle thousands of applications for each position and it is a standard practice in my organisation to invite only 25 people to the interview for each position.

So how do you eliminate to get the best 25 if you 11,000 applied?

We import into our system and it will start the eliminations.

First, by emails.

Second, by checking if the Subject complied with our adverts. It filters by Keywords.

Just this 2 will reduce that number to 5000-9000. I don't know why our youths keep making this mistakes.

The remaining ones would be forwarded to the Team handling the recruitments.

That is where we start checking cover letters and CVs.

Even dots where it is not supposed to be can disqualify a CV, your state of origin can even disqualify you. That is why it is advisable never to put it your CV unless you are asked, a single page CV are discarded, and a maximum of 4 are discarded for entry positions.

But once you adhere to the standard practices, nobody would reject you.

Personally I love tiny fonts, Verdana 11, this is not a standard practice, so whether you use it or not, but it doesn't matter. But if I see it on a CV I would take a second look at it, but won't do shit if the person doesn't meet the basic requirements.

So what I am saying is that we don't disqualify because we love or hate something, but because we are following an established standard practice.

A situation we couldn't get those 25 without being biased, then we run tests. At this point there is nothing we could do to reduce them because their qualifications are just similar and hard to differentiate.

Sometimes, we send invite for the test at night while the test is tomorrow morning by 8. We use this to disqualify a lot of people.

Those that made it would be tested in areas they won't even imagine.

Sometimes we run an endurance test where we pack them into a room with CCTV and monitor them without attending to them and then conduct a test late in the afternoon.

We might give them a simple task to do and submit or start looking at their Social Media.

But one thing is we must get at most 25 for the interview.

Oh my lawd...I no fit laugh again! cheesy After talking about e-mail, he is now lamenting about fonts. Verdana11? What about Arial10? Or Trebuchet12? You this guy, you are a standard, pompous, illogical joker! grin

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by LaudableXX: 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
Go back and read, but now gently.

Thank you.
I read it. You would accept a firstname & last name with 2 figures, not 3 figures. So the 3rd figure, is the one causing you nightmares, ba? You are a big fat clown. cheesy
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
souljaboi51:

You are a recruiter and you are handling 11,000 cvs when there are applications and algorithms imbeded in websites that can narrow it down for u. Lmaooo is this a joke?

Continue giving yourself unecessary headache in the 21st century. Smh
Read my posts again, now gently.

Like I said before, our system was designed to filter certain email addresses and keywords.

We still take a look at the individual CVs.

Our applications for entry positions run for a month and those that are urgent are filled through placements.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oh my lawd...I no fit laugh again! cheesy After talking about e-mail, he is now lamenting about fonts. Verdana11? What about Arial10? Or Trebuchet12? You this guy, you are a standard, pompous, illogical joker! grin
It seems you have comprehension issue.

I can recommend an adult class for you. It is not expensive.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by boiz2men(m): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
I have never read a thread from start to the end like I have this.

It's very educative.

Laudablexx

Please don't deter applicants from doing what the op has said. I don't think he is much different from other HR.

No boasts but there's hardly an application where I don't get an invite. I have no idea how the companies invite me but if the op is anything to go by, I have a DR in my official mail with my first name and last name and my name also bears a Dr with first name and last name

And yes I'm licensed to practice.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by souljaboi51(m): 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
majekdom2:
again, low comprehension. I meant do you have to debate on how to deal with bias. Answer my question not with what you preach.

You clearly said "you dont have to debate it". Now you are saying a different thing and you have the mouth to say i have low comprehension. Bros pls go and rest.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by LaudableXX: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
It seems you have comprehension issue.

I can recommend an adult class for you. It is not expensive.
You should take those classes first. You truly need them. sad It might help you get rid off your illogical bias and crafty methods of handling recruitment exercises.

souljaboi51:
You are a recruiter and you are handling 11,000 cvs when there are applications and algorithms imbeded in websites that can narrow it down for u. Lmaooo is this a joke?

Continue giving yourself unecessary headache in the 21st century. Smh

Thank you, again. Please continue educating him, until he sees the light! wink

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by Eliusdgenie(m): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2018
Seriously, if u argue and debate all these issues till tomorrow, it's not gonna leave a dent on the standard in place for each recruiting firm.

So, what would wise Elius do?

He would listen(or rather read) the comments carefully ,make adjustments where necessary and hope to lay the trap for unsuspecting HR, instead of always being the prey.

In conclusion, it's always gonna be a win for wise Elius wink

5 Likes

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Give Your Salary Expectation In Range

What is your salary expectation for this role?

Please give that answer in range. If the minimum you can't go below is 70k, tell the Recruiter 70k -95k and stick to that range.

Believe me if you impressed, nobody would give you 70k, but more.

For every position, there is an accompanying salary structure. You don't know it but I do.

Giving your salary expectation in range will ensure you don't over price or under price yourself.

Something happened recently, just few weeks, we were recruiting for a position and the guy gave a range above the existing salary structure. He wasn't willing to go down and I don't want to lose him, I had to reschedule with him in order to convince the management to up the salary for that dude.

Again, one babe gave a range of 60 - 75k for a job the salary is 70k, but our Team approved the 70k for her.

A good Recruiter would want to embarrase or intimidate you with his eye contact, don't break it.

If it is me, maintaining that contact and smiling would do the trick. I noticed it lessen the tension and anxiety that comes with that question.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

You should take those classes first. You truly need them. sad It might help you get rid off your illogical bias and crafty methods of handling recruitment exercises.

Thank you, again. Please continue educating him, until he sees the light! wink
Oga, I don't owe you any apology in the way I chose to pursue my job. Call it bias, your business.

We have recruited for a top oil servicing company 3 times and 1st quarter next year, we would be doing that again.

I have been doing my job for 6 years and I am the Lead for my team.

I am appraised based on the performance of those I recruited. If Team A recruits Mr B and he failed, I would be queried and investigated. If there is any form of relationship between us, I am a goner.

Every query enters your file and that is something nobody wants.

If I employ you, I am betting my certificate and career on, so I don't owe anybody any explanation.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by emmyid(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Please give that answer in range. If the minimum you can't go below is 70k, tell the Recruiter 70k -95k and stick to that range.

For every position, there is an accompanying salary structure. You don't know it but I do.

Giving your salary expectation in range will ensure you don't over price or under price yourself.

Something happened recently, just few weeks, we were recruiting for a position and the guy gave a range above the existing salary structure. He wasn't willing to go down and I don't want to lose him, I had to reschedule with him in order to convince the management to up the salary for that dude.

Again, one babe gave a range of 60 - 75k for a job the salary is 70k, but our Team approved the 70k for her.

A good Recruiter would want to embarrase or intimidate you with his eye contact, don't break it.

If it is me, maintaining that contact and smiling would do the trick. I noticed it lessen the tension and anxiety that comes with that question.

I've been following this thread waiting for this.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by boiz2men(m): 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

The smiles on my face now..

I have been doing all these without knowing there was a rule or etiquette
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by LaudableXX: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
Oga, I don't owe you any apology in the way I chose to pursue my job. Call it bias, your business.

We have recruited for a top oil servicing company 3 times and 1st quarter next year, we would be doing that again.

I have been doing my job for 6 years and I am the Lead for my team.

I am appraised based on the performance of those I recruited. If Team A recruits Mr B and he failed, I would be queried and investigated. If there is any form of relationship between us, I am a goner.

Every query enters your file and that is something nobody wants.

If I employ you, I am betting my certificate and career on, so I don't owe anybody any explanation.

Thank you.
I never asked for your apology or explanation, because I truly do not need your apology. sad It makes no difference to me. I only exposed and debunked the shallow, crafty, flawed, underhand criteria (i.e. e-mail addresses, interview timings, coming in first or last,) you deployed in screening applicants, and depriving potential candidates, of getting jobs.

If truly the appraisal system in your company was fair, transparent, objective and not skewed, then you shouldn't even be retained in that post, based on the subjective methods you have been using to carry out your job.

You started elevating your subjective myopic criteria, as if it is the gold standard for carrying out recruitment exercises. sad And that is where I disagree with you. I am glad another seasoned HR recruiter, was able to spot your biased methods. undecided Try and change, because one day your methods will unravel, and you would bear the brunt of your illogical exercises.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by K0y3: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

God bless you! cheesy

Hey! Man just shut it. You got several good jobs at different stages of ur life doesn't mean you did the right thing. In life there are always exceptional cases, ur argument is invalid. What worked for u might not work for others. It's like saying a poorly behaved student was exceptional means all poorly behaved students will be exceptional likewise it is wrong to assume all well behaved student will be exceptionally successful. But I'll always favour a well behaved student over a poor one like and most people will too. In rare cases poorly behaved student might be favoured due to a factor or more (exceptional cases)

Now you wrote 3 jobs in space of 3 years meaning you got your first job 10 years ago, don't you think you might have acquired some experience which stands you out from today's applicants even if ur flaws were overlooked 10 years ago. The OP wrote to modern applicants and his choice of screening is modern not someone that got lucky 10years back.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to take these precautions instead of heeding someone that just want to criticise for no just reason.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by LaudableXX: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
K0y3:
Hey! Man just shut it. You got several good jobs at different stages of ur life doesn't mean you did the right thing. In life there are always exceptional cases, ur argument is invalid. What worked for u might not work for others. It's like saying a poorly behaved student was exceptional means all poorly behaved students will be exceptional likewise it is wrong to assume all well behaved student will be exceptionally successful. But I'll always favour a well behaved student over a poor one like and most people will too. In rare cases poorly behaved student might be favoured due to a factor or more (exceptional cases)

Now you wrote 3 jobs in space of 3 years meaning you got your first job 10 years ago, don't you think you might have acquired some experience which stands you out from today's applicants even if ur flaws were overlooked 10 years ago. The OP wrote to modern applicants and his choice of screening is modern not someone that got lucky 10years back.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to take these precautions instead of heeding someone that just want to criticise for no just reason.
No, you need to actually take your own advice and shut it. angry Nigeria is in the poor state it is today, because people like you swallow any gibberish fed to them in the name of information over the internet, without bothering to question anything. sad And that is how mediocrity gets entrenched in the public space, because everyone is running a track, based on his subjective reasoning, rather than applying truly objective criteria. Any candidate worth his salt, who has added value to himself and has great things to offer, would not recycle the crap, you just did. undecided

The OP's choice of screening, is totally flawed. sad That is why some companies who are able to actively mine info, and use truly objective means to hire great talent, instead of using subjective ones like e-mail addresses, will continue to excel. sad If my e-mail address was classified as a flaw 10 years ago, I might not have been able to acquire the experience you recognise that I now have, and that is why I am against the hazy illogical method, being deployed by the OP. undecided

Finally you claim: "You got several good jobs at different stages of ur life doesn't mean you did the right thing." Really? shocked If I had done the wrong thing, do you think I would have gotten those jobs? Those jobs came due to the mercy of God Almighty, and also because seasoned recruiters who knew their onions chose to focus on my CV, instead of illogical criteria like an e-mail address. So I remain grateful for this. cool
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by elwhizzy: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
phemmyfour:
Only in Nigeria, when you drop capable people cos of email that's DUMB

I'm amazed by the level of immaturity by a lot of comments i have seen here today. The OP is telling you all how to have a compelling CV but many are here arguing and bickering and talking about what you know nothing about.
Would it kill you to have an e-mail for recruitment purposes alone? Call the recruiters lazy all you want this is standard practice. Do you think if you want to apply for a grant or a scholarship, your email address won't be used to access you? These companies don't really care about your email address but they want to know if you can do a little more than the average job seeker. Whats wrong with setting yourself apart from being average? Anyone that has a great CV will equally have the common sense to do a little more to ensure the CV is seen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by elwhizzy: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
project4OO:

In a working economy, many HR people would be out of jobs.

Another stupid comment, what does "in a working society..." have to do with this?
This is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, it happens everywhere. Some people will never get their CV's read with this victim-hood mindset.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Rollitout:
You HR people self ona own too much

Please don't blame them if the business of their Clients is based in Nigeria. Lagos, to be precise. Academic Excellence is not always enough for business success in this part of the world. Punctuality, Passion, Smartness, Emotional Intelligence, Humility/Courtesy and lots more have bigger roles to play.

And no other person stand at this Heaven's Gate to help secure the "ready ones" as much as HR. undecided
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by elwhizzy: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

No, you need to actually take your own advice and shut it. angry Nigeria is in the poor state it is today, because people like you swallow any gibberish fed to them in the name of information over the internet, without bothering to question anything. sad And that is how mediocrity gets entrenched in the public space, because everyone is running a track, based on his subjective reasoning, rather than applying truly objective criteria. Any candidate worth his salt, who has added value to himself and has great things to offer, would not recycle the crap, you just did. undecided

The OP's choice of screening, is totally flawed. sad That is why some companies who are able to actively mine info, and use truly objective means to hire great talent, instead of using subjective ones like e-mail addresses, will continue to excel. sad If my e-mail address was classified as a flaw 10 years ago, I might not have been able to acquire the experience you recognise that I now have, and that is why I am against the hazy illogical method, being deployed by the OP. undecided

I disagree with you totally, you think its bias and laziness, i think not. Who would you prefer if you were a recruiter? bigboss4you@gmail.com or tony.Umufo@gmail.com. Seeing these two mails alone will likely tell you the state of mind of the applicant. There are too many mails and CVs to go through, so recruiters who seek out people with above average reasoning. The ones with formal email addresses are thought to be more thoughtful and better prepared. Its basic practice, . will Aliko Dangote use an email address like brosaliBillionnaire@gmail.com. We need to start being reasonable. Put yourself in the shoes of the recruiters, what would you do? Your email address is a sieving process in itself.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by elwhizzy: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
angelbulksms:

Please don't blame them if the business of their Clients is based in Nigeria. Academic Excellence is not always enough for business success in this part of the world. Punctuality, Passion, Smartness, Emotional Intelligence, Humility/Courtesy and lots more have bigger roles to play.

And no other person stand at this Heaven's Gate to help secure the "ready ones" as much as HR. undecided

I agree totally, there are soft skills that will make you rise in any organization like these points you have mentioned but who sees all these skills when you are sending a CV? The CV gets you to the table, how you handle yourself during the interview gets you the job, these remaining skills will keep you valuable to the company

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

No, sir. His points were NOT valid in any way. sad He simply discarded those e-mail addresses due to his inner prejudice, without giving any concrete reason. Which law says that an applicant's e-mail address must consist only of his name?? shocked In reality, I know people who got high-flying jobs, using e-mail addresses that did not contain their names! I got 3 multinational jobs, using my personal e-mail address which does not even reflect my own name. So what is he saying? He is just trying to sound important. His post is nothing, but a lot of hot air! undecided

I repeat: a recruiter does not have any business with your e-mail address. His business should only be with your CV or resume! End of story.

Seriously?

Well, except I'm running an entertainment business, I will never ever employ someone that could be dumb enough to use a ridiculous email address to submit his résumé irrespective of his academic performance. I see such as someone that can cost me a business deal when eventually employed.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
Don't Put These In Your CV

Class of Degree
Unless you graduated with a first class or the advert specifically requested for that.

Believe me we are not interested in the class of degree you graduated with. So don't bother putting them.

The last recruitment we did for a company in PH, they specifically requested for Bachelor degree, second class upper, but I cleared a lot of HNDs and even a second class lower who happened to be successful.

Personally, I don't give a shitt about your class of degree because I graduated from a Nigerian Uni and I understand what happens there. But for some other Recruiters don't put that, the might take interest in that. Just enter the room and do your best.

I have seen a recruiter that recruited a 3rd class in Lagos because she impressed at the interview. If she had included that on her CV she won't be invited.

State of Origin

I am Igbo, and I can jump the fence for them.

Yes, I am biased. But you gave me no choice by putting that on your CV.

But one thing I will never do is to reject someone who is more qualified than any of my brother.

If A is Igbo and B is others and they basically have the same merit, for instance if they both score 9.5 or same score, sorry I am taking my brother and other Recruiters would do the same.

Call me names, that is what I do. Buhari taught me.

To avoid this, don't put your state of origin.

I Don't Need Your Secondary School

If I need it, I will check your credentials.

Avoid them. It makes your CV unnecessarily long.

Marital Status

Believe me, for entry position Singles have better chances of being employed.

If you are married, remove that from your CV. But if you are applying for a mid-level position, please indicate your are married.

In Mid level positions, we need a Leader, someone who can take responsibility and someone who is focused. A married person cast better image than singles, but if you are single remove that from your CV.

If we are recruiting for a top position and you are Single, you have to be extremely good to be considered but if you are married and applying for an entry position, we won't even look at you, one of the reasons are because of Staff Turn Over Rate.

2 Likes

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
LaudableXX:

I never asked for your apology or explanation, because I truly do not need your apology. sad It makes no difference to me. I only exposed and debunked the shallow, crafty, flawed, underhand criteria (i.e. e-mail addresses, interview timings, coming in first or last,) you deployed in screening applicants, and depriving potential candidates, of getting jobs.

If truly the appraisal system in your company was fair, transparent, objective and not skewed, then you shouldn't even be retained in that post, based on the subjective methods you have been using to carry out your job.

You started elevating your subjective myopic criteria, as if it is the gold standard for carrying out recruitment exercises. sad And that is where I disagree with you. I am glad another seasoned HR recruiter, was able to spot your biased methods. undecided Try and change, because one day your methods will unravel, and you would bear the brunt of your illogical exercises.
Most of you talking rubbish have never seen an application before or know how a HR Software works.

Let me ask you again, all your life have you ever received 11,000 CVs for just one position and there are 9 other positions to be filled and only 25 for each position would be cleared for interview.

If you have not, then take back seat.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by hapinesy: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
A recruiter will still know your tribe through your name and surname even without including state of origin in the CV

OfficialAPCNig:
Don't Put These In Your CV

Class of Degree
Unless you graduated with a first class or the advert specifically requested for that.

Believe me we are not interested in the class of degree you graduated with. So don't bother putting them.

The last recruitment we did for a company in PH, they specifically requested for Bachelor degree, second class upper, but I cleared a lot of HNDs and even a second class lower who happened to be successful.

Personally, I don't give a shitt about your class of degree because I graduated from a Nigerian Uni and I understand what happens there. But for some other Recruiters don't put that, the might take interest in that. Just enter the room and do your best.

I have seen a recruiter that recruited a 3rd class in Lagos because she impressed at the interview. If she had included that on her CV she won't be invited.

State of Origin

I am Igbo, and I can jump the fence for them.

Yes, I am biased. But you gave me no choice by putting that on your CV.

But one thing I will never do is to reject someone who is more qualified than any of my brother.

If A is Igbo and B is others and they basically have the same merit, for instance if they both score 9.5 or same score, sorry I am taking my brother and other Recruiters would do the same.

Call me names, that is what I do. Buhari taught me.

To avoid this, don't put your state of origin.

I Don't Need Your Secondary School

If I need it, I will check your credentials.

Avoid them. It makes your CV unnecessarily long.

Marital Status

Believe me, for entry position Singles have better chances of being employed.

If you are married, remove that from your CV. But if you are applying for a mid-level position, please indicate your are married.

In Mid level positions, we need a Leader, someone who can take responsibility and someone who is focused. A married person cast better image than singles, but if you are single remove that from your CV.

If we are recruiting for a top position and you are Single, you have to be extremely good to be considered but if you are married and applying for an entry position, we won't even look at you, one of the reasons are because of Staff Turn Over Rate.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
elwhizzy:

I disagree with you totally, you think its bias and laziness, i think not. Who would you prefer if you were a recruiter? bigboss4you@gmail.com or tony.Umufo@gmail.com. Seeing these two mails alone will likely tell you the state of mind of the applicant. There are too many mails and CVs to go through, so recruiters who seek out people with above average reasoning. The ones with formal email addresses are thought to be more thoughtful and better prepared. Its basic practice, . will Aliko Dangote use an email address like brosaliBillionnaire@gmail.com. We need to start being reasonable. Put yourself in the shoes of the recruiters, what would you do? Your email address is a sieving process in itself.
Abeg tell them.

Email address is the first thing our Software would hit at, then the email subject and if was programmed for a particular keyword, the software will filter out those that doesn't have that keywords.

For instance, if we need ICAN for a particular position, even if you like get accounting certification from Heaven, our software will filter out any CV without ICAN or Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria or any of it's variant.

All the dudes making noise have never handled 100 CVs at a time talk more of 11,000.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by larkz(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
OfficialAPCNig is saying it "as is". Just the way it works in his/her firm. Not best in class HR practice in Nigeria or the world. As is.

LaudableXX is saying that it could be better. That recruitment could be less subjective than it currently is in OfficialAPCNig's firm.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
hapinesy:

A recruiter will still know your tribe through your name and surname even without including state of origin in the CV

Then leave that to chance then, you can't help that.

Anyway this happens during the interview itself. Nobody will withhold your invite because of tribe.

It is always rare to have candidates with the same score. So basically, you have nothing to fear.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by missyojo(f): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
OP, have been following this thread and it's really educative. Pertaining to the salary range you made mention of. I went for an interview last week in Lagos and I was asked my salary expectations for the position, I told the panel I would like to be paid according to the salary structure of the company for that position because I don't know how much they pay. But the panel insist I tell them the amount I would like to be paid, I told them 120k. They asked how much I was earning in my current work place and I told them I was being paid according to the company's salary scale and they insisted to know the amount of which I told them. I sent a mail to the mail invite thanking the HR and his panel team but I haven't heard anything from them yet. What should I do?

NB:I got talking with one of the Ex-staff of the company and I was told the salary structure for the position is less 80,000 then. I got to know this after have had the interview with them.
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
abumeinben:

name.initial.surname@gmail.com kwani?
I have no problem with that, but our system might flag it down as a spam, I think even gmail would.

If you send 5 CVs and you were not called for at least 2, you might consider taking a look at that email.

Something like:
Ifeanyi.K.Preye@gmail.com

The many dots makes it look spammy.

1 Like

Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
jagagbosa:
. story I was interviewed last in the first company I worked for and I got the job....who God has blessed no man can curse.. abeg park well
It do happen. It simply means those that came before you were crappy.

Anyway, I have completed that particular post. But how many people attended that interview?
Re: Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter by OfficialAPCNig: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
Egeri:

Is anything wrong with "JanesDung021@gmail.com
Don't use that please, unless you are applying in one-man organisations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Hilton Worldwide FINESSE Graduate Finance Programme. / Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG / Npower Recruitment 2017 Names Shortlisted candidates – www.Portal.npower.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.