Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex (6143 Views)

MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
In the new year, we are considering the following programs and would like your thoughts:

1) routine maintenance and basic car care class for women only. Will most likely be one hour mini-courses on Saturdays for women to learn basic things to take care of on their cars to avoid problems.

2) youth program. These will be most likely be semester long programs for children ages 10-17 to come and learn about cars.

All classes will be free.
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by thebigkendo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
radautoworks:
In the new year, we are considering the following programs and would like your thoughts:

1) routine maintenance and basic car care class for women only. Will most like be one hour no l mini-courses on Saturdays for women to learn basic things to take care of on their cars to avoid problems.

2) youth program. These will be most likely be semester long programs for children ages 10-17 to come and learn about cars.

What about we the baba? Ages 40 - 75

Me & Diportivo will like to volunteer our services for the women only class grin..
I can take engine cooling system..
Diportivo will take on suspension grin

4 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

Me & Diportivo will like to volunteer our services for the women only class grin..

Wetin I wan teach baba? Me I be small girl o!

Suspensions on the women or the cars? wink

4 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by thebigkendo(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Wetin I wan reach baba? Me I be small girl o!

Suspensions on the women or the cars? wink

Now that you mentioned it.. Is like i will take the suspension classes, especially frontwheel drives wink

Lexusgs430 is good with rear wheel drive setups grin

4 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
SMH.

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by thebigkendo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
On a serious note though its a great idea especially the teenager classes.
As for the women class.. Most Nigerian women are not really into car care/maintenance
I know a woman whose Peugeot 406 engine was making a funny sound, so she was advised on the phone to check engine oil and topup if short.. She opened the bonnet & thought the power steering fluid container was for engine oil & topped it to the brim with our favorite oil 20W-50 grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by Lexusgs430: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

Now that you mentioned it.. Is like i will take the suspension classes, especially frontwheel drives wink

Lexusgs430 is good with rear wheel drive setups grin

Indeed, that is my forte...... I have special tools + lubricants, to effect proper maintenance regimes....

3 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
thebigkendo:
On a serious note though its a great idea especially the teenager classes.
As for the women class.. Most Nigerian women are not really into car care/maintenance
I know a woman whose Peugeot 406 engine was making a funny sound, so she was advised on the phone to check engine oil and topup if short.. She opened the bonnet & thought the power steering fluid container was for engine oil & topped it to the brim with our favorite oil 20W-50 grin grin

Chim oooooo!!! That's exactly what the mini-course are to avoid. So they at least know the difference between oil, coolant etc. You think it catch on?

The teenager class is something my husband really wants to do. That's how he started out in Jamaica. Same challenges then. Mechanics had no respect and it was looked down on. Noone considered it a viable option. People don't know how technical it actually is. Not everyone can be a lawyer, doctor or engineer. This is a good career path for a lot of people. If a child shows interest, it will be a good foundation for them to go on from.

In Houston, we actually took on a pair of brothers for a year. Today, one of them is a tech at a Nissan dealership and doing excellent for himself at age 17. The other helps out every once in a while with his nephew's repair shop but chose a different career path.

3 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Indeed, that is my forte...... I have special tools + lubricants, to effect proper maintenance regimes....

You know you have to go sit in the corner for a while and think about what you just said right? lol
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
radautoworks:

You know you have to go sit in the corner for a while and think about what you just said right? lol

I already done that Boss.....

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
smiley
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by Pitokwe(m): 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

Badt guy cheesy cheesy
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by thebigkendo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Yeah naughty corner
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by timifakay(m): 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

5 Likes

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by thebigkendo(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Chim oooooo!!! That's exactly what the mini-course are to avoid. So they at least know the difference between oil, coolant etc. You think it catch on?

The teenager class is something my husband really wants to do. That's how he started out in Jamaica. Same challenges then. Mechanics had no respect and it was looked down on. Noone considered it a viable option. People don't know how technical it actually is. Not everyone can be a lawyer, doctor or engineer. This is a good career path for a lot of people. If a child shows interest, it will be a good foundation for them to go on from.

In Houston, we actually took on a pair of brothers for a year. Today, one of them is a tech at a Nissan dealership and doing excellent for himself at age 17. The other helps out every once in a while with his nephew's repair shop but chose a different career path.

Nice.. Teenager class is a GOAL.. But the women class I still believe our slay mama and Queens are not interested in that, but you can try.

Another woman had a flat tyre..Abandoned the car Called her husband while in a cab, told him to go & carry his car at so so so location grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nice.. Teenager class is a GOAL.. But the women class I still believe our slay mama and Queens are not interested in that, but you can try.

Another woman had a flat tyre..Abandoned the car Called her husband while in a cab, told him to go & carry his car at so so so location grin grin grin

ROFL!!!! I think na the single pepeyes this one go work for.

SIMPLE SOLUTION: You guys will start putting it out here how sexy it is when a woman knows a bit about a cars. Classes will be FLOODED. grin
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2018
N19,000 FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL CHANGE PROMOTION

Until the end of August 2018, N19,000 fully synthetic oil change. Includes up to 5 quarts of Carquest fully synthetic oil, oil filter and free performance check. Additional quarts extra.

Mention coupon AUNTYRADU grin
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
radautoworks:
N19,000 FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL CHANGE PROMOTION

Until the end of August 2018, N19,000 fully synthetic oil change. Includes up to 5 quarts of Carquest fully synthetic oil, oil filter and free performance check. Additional quarts extra.

Mention coupon AUNTYRADU grin

Hello Ma'am generous offer here. What does the bolded mean though, is it the same thing as a general evaluation/scan/inspection to detect and preempt any looming fault or improve on the performance of the car? If yes, yaay! grin If no sad, how much would it cost to get this service at your outlet?
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
tolusan:

Hello Ma'am generous offer here. What does the bolded mean though, is it the same thing as a general evaluation/scan/inspection to detect and preempt any looming fault or improve on the performance of the car? If yes, yaay! grin If no sad, how much would it cost to get this service at your outlet?

Yes sir it is! We check everything on the first sheet below.

If you need something more in-depth, we do either of the other two and it's still free if repairs are done with us. Otherwise, it's an hour of labor.

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Yes sir it is! We check everything on the first sheet below.

If you need something more in-depth, we do either of the other two and it's still free if repairs are done with us. Otherwise, it's an hour of labor.
Great. Quite an impressive checklist you got here. I'm hoping that you work on public holidays, I would love to come in during the Sallah break (August 21/22/ or 23). My car is due for an oil change at the end of August (I recently changed to what I believe is full synthetic oil (Lubex is what the current mech. recommended/used after de-sludging the engine), so I might as well just take advantage of this. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2018
tolusan:

Great. Quite an impressive checklist you got here. I'm hoping that you work on public holidays, I would love to come in during the Sallah break (August 21/22/ or 23). My car is due for an oil change at the end of August (I recently changed to what I believe is full synthetic oil (Lubex is what the current mech. recommended/used after de-sludging the engine), so I might as well just take advantage of this. Thank you.

embarassed no public holidays...
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by DabFrankNG: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
I fully subscribe to the idea of taking teens for various reasons.
1. You will inspire in them the love of technology, thereby raising a crop of innovators.
2. You will raise an army of technopreneurs and not job seekers.
3. You are expanding their career horizon at a very good stage. Medicine is not the best course and it's not dropouts that become auto technicians.
4. Given that solid foundation, some of them will surely pursue higher education abroad along that line and design cars, invent or finetune critical components thereby expanding the frontiers of auto technology.

As for the teaching women the basics of auto maintenance, the first person to drive a car in Nigeria was a woman and they still don't care to know more than driving.

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by DabFrankNG: 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
You may however ensure that at least 35% of the attendees are girls to stimulate the interest of the girl child in automobile technology.

Bill Gates attributed his prowess to early exposure to computers at Lakeside School.
Fifty years to come, some gurus will attribute their success to your training.

Think impact!

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
I am. impressed
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
DabFrankNG:
You may however ensure that at least 35% of the attendees are girls to stimulate the interest of the girl child in automobile technology.

Bill Gates attributed his prowess to early exposure to computers at Lakeside School.
Fifty years to come, some gurus will attribute their success to your training.

Think impact!

We totally love everything you said. As a matter of fact, I'm upset because I wasn't able to hire at least one female tech before I left angry

Thank you!
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I am. impressed

smiley
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by thebigkendo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
DabFrankNG:
I fully subscribe to the idea of taking teens for various reasons.
1. You will inspire in them the love of technology, thereby raising a crop of innovators.
2. You will raise an army of technopreneurs and not job seekers.
3. You are expanding their career horizon at a very good stage. Medicine is not the best course and it's not dropouts that become auto technicians.
4. Given that solid foundation, some of them will surely pursue higher education abroad along that line and design cars, invent or finetune critical components thereby expanding the frontiers of auto technology.

As for the teaching women the basics of auto maintenance, the first person to drive a car in Nigeria was a woman and they still don't care to know more than driving.

At bolded, I have been telling Aunty Radu samething..

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 4:04am On Aug 14, 2018
thebigkendo:

At bolded, I have been telling Aunty Radu samething..

I'll believe you guys when a woman says it grin
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by ivoryhouse(m): 4:06am On Aug 14, 2018
radautoworks:

1) routine maintenance and basic car care class for women only. Will most likely be one hour mini-courses on Saturdays for women to learn basic things to take care of on their cars to avoid problems.

Great idea. The youth program will be awesome, the women classes will be great as well though our ladies appear not to be interested in acquiring such knowledge but who knows, you may be the one to turn things around. My only advise is that you make sure lady techies takes are part of your training team so the ladies-in-training will see that its not impossible for them to practise smiley
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by radautoworks: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Great idea. The youth program will be awesome, the women classes will be great as well though our ladies appear not to be interested in acquiring such knowledge but who knows, you may be the one to turn things around. My only advise is that you make sure lady techies takes are part of your training team so the ladies-in-training will see that its not impossible for them to practise smiley

Exactly. I feel like the men will be a lot happier not having to constantly rescue their wives and/girlfriends. If the attitude is to shift,men have a large role to play.

I have my eye on a female tech from Abuja right now but don't know how that's going to play out.
Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2018
radautoworks:

embarassed no public holidays...
I will come, this Saturday or next.

1 Like

Re: FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2018
radautoworks you are doing a good job. Those kids have a lot of opportunities. Last year when I graduated auto repairs was the first thing I wanted to learn. I tried to volunteer in a lot of auto workshops in Nigeria but was rejected. Some even asked me to come pay money. This year I eventually got a place and they fix my favourite brand Mercedes. I work very hard Monday to Saturday 7 to 6 and I enjoy every bit of it. I am really grateful to God for the opportunity and I wasn't asked to pay any dime and I am learning a whole lot. I complement with books and YouTube when I get home.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Engine Number Location / Autologic offering world -class auto training / Vehicle Registration With No Engine Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.