Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Mesut Ozil 100s Of German Fans Protest In Support Of Midfielder In Berlin - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mesut Ozil 100s Of German Fans Protest In Support Of Midfielder In Berlin (335 Views)

German Fans Riot In Italy After Osimhen Knocks Out E. Frankfurt With 2 Goals / Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo / Arsenal Announce Signing Of Midfielder, Lucas Torreira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mesut Ozil 100s Of German Fans Protest In Support Of Midfielder In Berlin by Oluwayaboi: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
https://www.godgobless.com/2018/07/mesut-ozil-100s-of-german-fans-protest.html?m=1

100S OF GERMAN FANS PROTEST IN SUPPORT OF MESUT OZIL IN BERLIN

Supporters on Monday wearing ‘I am Ozil’ T-shirts, took to the streets with Turkish and German flags.

100s of German fans protest in support of Mesut Ozil in Berlin (Getty Images)

Hundreds of German fans took to the streets to protest in support of Mesut Ozil after the midfield quit international football.

Ozil announced that he has retired from international football after feeling that he has been targeted because of his Turkish root following Germany poor World Cup campaign.

Supporters on Monday wearing ‘I am Ozil’ T-shirts, took to the streets with Turkish and German flags.

Ozil who is of Turkish descent was criticised for taking a photo with Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan before the World Cup.

The 29-year-old was singled out for more criticism following German’s exit from the World Cup in the first round and he responded by accusing the German FA and media of racism while announcing his retirement.

"I am German when we win, but I am an immigrant when we lose," he said in a statement.

Source:https://www.godgobless.com/2018/07/mesut-ozil-100s-of-german-fans-protest.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Fifa Ban- Amaju Wins Again As Nigeria Escapes Fifa Hammer / Super Eagles Set For First Match After World Cup Exit / Corruption In NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.