Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Naughty gods - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Naughty gods (10401 Views)

Naughty By Choice (18+) / The Naughty Sisters / Emi(spirit): Lineage Of Gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naughty gods by Ayotomiwa29(m): 11:29am On Sep 26, 2018
Op we are waiting oo pls come and update.. I love the story
Re: Naughty gods by donteanz(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
honestly, I still do find it very hard to believe your imaginations are from here walahi
Re: Naughty gods by ghostwritter(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2018

Sumaya sure had had enough of the talk, even with proofs, she wasn’t ready to admit he is right. To her, reincarnation isn’t true, just superstition. She stood and headed for the kitchen leaving her mysterious guest seated confused of her expressionless attitude to his narration.

“I am really telling the truth, gods don’t lie” the man called out to Sumaya as she was about entering the kitchen.
he could read her body language and could tell she didn't believe him.

Sumaya turned around, “No wonder you told me you are Kamla, Kia and Coke”.
she said sarcastically.

The man got her point. “You can call me Atila” he said after shrugging with a sense of guilt.

“Atila” Sumaya gently called out the name much to herself in admiration and a sense of familiarity. She loved the name. “Atila, if you don’t mind, I need to get something to eat” she confessed. Famished she had been all along.

“You can as well get mine, I am starving” requested Atila.

Sumaya turned to him startled. “Do gods eat?” she asked.

“Yes of course, why do you think people feed us all kinds of food in calabashes and mud pots as sacrifices? And what do you think happens to it afterwards?…we eat them if it so pleases us and then we grant them their wishes through the permission of the Almighty”.

"And what about those who drink blood and take lives for sacrifice?"

"Those are the nasty ones, the tyrant who only aim to create fear in the mind of their worshippers, they report to Satan".

Sumaya sighed as she shook her head in resignation. “I see!” she wasn’t ready for any more tale, she dived into the kitchen and got busy with cooking while Atila walked himself around the beautiful room, he loved the orange-black coloured theme of her room, everything within were arranged with much preciseness.

He saw her pictures on the small shelf and two other hanged to the wall, he couldn’t fail to notice she was all smile and happy and lively in all of it. The images had as well given her out as the second child of her beautiful family with two siblings, that she had been the best law student of her set three years in a row and graduated the overall best, she has got an office space of hers. He could tell from one of the pictures of a birthday setting she is in a happy relationship with a young fella. When done with pictures, Atila switched on the television and happily sat when he saw it was football match goin on.
After awhile, Sumaya appeared with two plates of noodles and chicken, she was surprise to see Atila engrossed in a worldly sport.

“It appears as well you gods watch football” said Sumaya.

“Not all of us if you must know” Explained Atila, “Just like human, we have our favorite sports and in some cases, we lay bet as well”

“You gods bet…with what?” she asked astonished.

“We bet with shares of our powers...power is all we've got”

Sumaya looked Atila all over, “I guess you gods aren’t much different from humans”. She dropped the food and went to go get bottles of water from the fridge.

Atila nodding mindfully “Yes. If that will make you feel better”.

Then came a rapt knock on the door, it was a heavy one, Sumaya rushed to peep through the door hole and gasped by who she saw standing ahead. Panicky, she turned to Atila who still had his attention stuck to the television. She sprang to him, pleading he finds somewhere to hide within the apartment.

“Why?” asked Atila confused.

“Faroq is behind that door, you’ve got to leave now” she said in hush tone while hurrying him up to his foot.

“Who is Faroq?”

“My boyfriend!” she snapped at him like he was supposed to know already

“That’s good, I’m sure it will be a nice opportunity to meet him” he said ignorantly with a smile across his face.

Sumaya’s eyes widen with disbelieve “Are you out of your mind? Faroq mustn’t see you here, just leave, go hide under the bed in my room” she urged him towards her bed room.

“Under the bed? That’s ridiculous!” he exclaimed.

“If not under my bed then hide inside my cupboard, I promise he will be done soon and I will come get you. Please, he mustn’t see you here”. She said in hurry amidst sounds of rapt knock from the door.

“Okay” Atila agreed seeing how desperate Sumaya wants him away “But I will neither hide under your bed nor cupboard” he added.

“So where will you hide?” asked Sumaya curiously.
“I will simply…” Atila snapped his fingers and burst into greenish flame before he could complete his statement. He vanished.

Sumaya stood awestruck, slack-jawed like she wasn’t expecting such move, she was more convinced of Atila’s claim “gods indeed” she acknowledged between breaths before heading for the door. She unlocked and slowly opened for Faroq who majestically walked in with his eyes searching the room.

“Who the hell where you talking to?” Faroq asked still scanning the room with his eyes.

“Nobody” Sumaya grumbled trying hard to be much of herself and desperately avoiding Faroq’s gaze knowing how hot tempered and unreasonable he gets at situations like this.

Faroq smiled mischievously knowing for certain something fishy is up, his eyes had caught something, clues. “Where the hell is he hiding?” he turned to ask Sumaya who looked nervous.

"I don't know what you are talking about" she looked away.

“Don’t play dumb with me, you know what I’m talking about. Where the hell is he hiding?” he yelled furiously as he was already losing his calm.

Sumaya trembled under his burning gaze knowing how inquisitive and insecure Faroq could be. She had tried hard within their three years relationship to change him but had failed, rather he seem to get worse, trying to have her under his locks and fingers, intimidating and threatening her at the slightest of his provocation, forcing her to his wills all because he had been there to finance her business from the scratch to top and used his influence as the governor’s son to link her up with the juicy client’s across the country. She had tried many times to flee from him but Faroq seem to be everywhere waiting for her. Now he has come for her despite running from far north to the western part of the country “Faroq please, just leave me alone…I beg you. Don’allah”

Faroq pointing to one of the two plates on the table “Who is that for?” he asked.

“It’s for me, I will eat the two” she replied looking away.

Smiling mischievously, Faroq pointing to the television “And who is watching football?”

“Me” Sumaya replied in dead whispered.

Faroq’s eyes caught something else, he walked up to it and picked it up for Sumaya to see, it was a male leather boot dangling in his grip.
"and this?"

“Oh my God!” she exclaimed with eyes widen in horror.

3 Likes

Re: Naughty gods by Ann2012(f): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2018
Interesting

Well done OP
Re: Naughty gods by Fazemood(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2018
god Atila couldn't be smart enough to clear off with his shoes :\ Yeye god grin
Re: Naughty gods by queenitee(f): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
God
Re: Naughty gods by Cloud007: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
Clumsiness.... putting someone in trouble. Is that one god... cheesy
Re: Naughty gods by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2018
More updates!
Re: Naughty gods by ghostwritter(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2018

Faroq masked himself with a mischievous grin one too familiar to Sumaya, she knows that look and could tell he is vexed beyond limit. She was scared of what irrational action he would likely be coming up with. Faroq walked up to her with the boot still on him, trying hard to contain his rage. “Sumaya!” he called out authoritatively “So you ran away from me just to be with someone else, despite all I had done for you ehn? So you think I Faroq ibn Dantata prince of the north will just let you go like that. Wallahi you must be a fool!”

“Faroq I can explain, it’s not what you think. Believe me” Pleaded Sumaya.

Faroq slapped her hard on her face with Sumaya’s eyes instantly going blur and drops of blood burst out of her lower lips.

“Don’t you ever lie to me” Faroq thundered, he looked around the room disgustingly, “There are enough evidences enough to tell me there is a man in here”

Sumaya sobbing quietly without arguing, it’s of no use with Faroq, he is the stubborn type, very arrogant and inquisitive. She wondered what he was up to when she saw him brought out his phone, dialed a number and started to converse with someone on the other end. Shortly after he ended the call, two hefty men walked into the room. They are familiar faces to Sumaya, both Aliu and Nuhu are Faroq’s body guards, like flies to wound, they followed the prince of the north everywhere, she realized they probably had been standing guard outside all along before Faroq called upon them.

Faroq ordered his guards to fish out the man hiding somewhere in the apartment. As soon as Aliu and Nuhu dashed away to the various components of the apartment ransacking everything across their path, Faroq sat down comfortably and began to consume the noodle and chicken in expectant of the unfortunate fella that would soon be dragged out to receive an unforgettable beating, or most probably inflicted a mortal blow.

Sumaya moved closer to Faroq and knelt down, she looked around like hoping no one was watching, “Faroq, please you and your men need to leave” she whispered pleadingly.

Faroq stared with a frown on him, wondering what Sumaya was talking “What do you mean, so you’ve got the effrontery to plead on his behalf.”

“Faroq I don’t know what better way to explain this to you but you must believe me” she paused to think for a while and resumed “There is a god in my house, he said he has come to protect me. I am sure he will get pissed off if he sees you’ve slapped me…please leave before he comes back”. She looked around fearfully again.

Faroq was puzzled by what Sumaya had said, it made no sense, and he followed Sumaya’s nervous eyes as it scanned the room. “What are you watching out for?” he asked.

“Him!” she replied in hush tone.

“Who?”

“god…he might kill you” she said with fear all over her.

At that moment, there was a sound of struggle, blows and groaning coming from the bedroom. Sumaya feared for the worse, she was certain that was Atila knocking the hell out of the guards, she hopes he doesn’t leave anyone dead in her apartment. She would prefer he Atila takes the party somewhere else.

“I told you… he has come to protect me” Sumaya whispered in a bit of excitement. Nuhu and Aliu shortly appeared dragging a man out on the floor to the living room.

Sumaya was surprised to see it was Atila being dragged and dumped in front of Faroq.

Atila scrambled to his kneels looking from Aliu, Nuhu, Faroq and then Sumaya.

“Atila, what are you doing here? I thought you__” Sumaya was trying to say when Atila interceded.

“I am sorry, I realized I had forgotten my boot and so I came back for it. I am sorry if I ought not to be here” said Atila.

Sumaya sighed deeply, shook her head disappointingly “You are god, aren’t you suppose to know?”

“Is this the god you were talking about, the one that had come to protect you?” asked Faroq staring at the man in front of him carefully in search of any godly attribute but was greatly disappointed to see none, there in front of him was just an ordinary modern looking man, helpless in the midst of three men and soon to be severely punished. Faroq laughed and his guards joined.

“He must have been hitting her hard in the right places to have called him ‘god’”. Aliu joked mindlessly amidst laughter.

Faroq lashed Aliu with a frown, hits him hard on the face, a caution. The guards comported themselves immediately. He keenly turned his attention back to ‘god’. “Do you know me?” he asked.

“Yes” replied Atila “You are Faroq Danbaba, the second son to Danbaba Umar and Hawau Mustapha, you were born thirty-two years ago, had your primary education here in the country, had both your secondary and tertiary education abroad, precisely Crownford University London…but you were expelled in your second year because of bad conduct. It is nice to meet you” he happily stretched his hand hoping for a handshake.

Faroq stared dumb folded, shocked by the information “I see Sumaya had told you everything about me. What else did she tell you?” sounding sarcastic.

“Sumaya never told me anything” Atila ignorantly denounced the claim and went further “Infact, she never told me you are presently having an affair with your father’s third wife”

Everyone around were surprised.

Atila continued, going on and on in revealing more personal and hideous details Faroq never believe could ever come to the know, “…She never told me you are on drugs and that you smoke, she never told me you suffer low self-esteem and that is why you always want to have her around you to be threatened by your presence. She never told me you are HIV positive”

“HIV positive!!!” everyone exclaimed except Faroq who felt more furious than shocked by the exposure, he knew about it three days ago . Faroq stood up and stretched his hand towards Aliu. Without words, Aliu knowing what his master wanted yanked out a pistol from his back waist and handed it to him.

Faroq realizing Atila had known so much of him enough to have him jailed, he was determined to end him here, to kill Atila and probably Sumaya who had witnessed it all, a collateral damage she would serve. He couldn’t risk letting her leave with such delicate details. He pointed the short gun towards Atila’s, aiming for the head. Sumaya trembling in great fear for Atila’s life, she could already imagine his head crack open with bullets and bloods splashed across her neat wall. Atila staring calmly at Faroq, while Aliu and Nuhu were expectant of a tragic end.

“Who the hell are you to have known so much about me, are you a spy?” Asked Faroq.

Shaking his head slowly, Atila replied “No, I am a god, my worshipers call me Sua-regna or Atila…but you can just call me Atila. I am here to protect her” pointing to Sumaya.

The three men glanced at one another in amazement, not sure of the state of mind their victim was talking from, he could just be putting up such act for fear.

“Are you mad? Are you stupid!!?” Faroq yelled impatiently while he wades the gun threateningly at Atila “Do you think this is a joke, do you think this is a comic show?. I said who the hell are you and how do you know so much about me?” he questioned curiously knowing he never got such intimate information from Sumaya, it was just impossible.

Atila looked up at Faroq and replied with much calmness enough to intimidate the men “I know you better than you can ever know yourself”.
The men stared at one another again and this time it followed with laughter.

“I don’t care what they call you anymore” Faroq began as he leaned forward to him, he sure had ran out of patience “You seem too big mouthed to be let go”.

“Faroq please don’t kill him, just let him go. I promise you, he will tell no one” Sumaya pleaded to Faroq knowing he will DO IT but rather, Faroq got more pissed-off hearing her beg on Atila’s behalf. He settled the aim on Atila’s head and squeezed the trigger…BANG!! shocked

Re: Naughty gods by Ann2012(f): 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Naughty gods by Fazemood(m): 7:40am On Oct 06, 2018
Hahahahaha... Kai this god no go kee me o grin grin
Re: Naughty gods by Evold: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
Atila will go in history as the first god to be shot in the head
Re: Naughty gods by queenitee(f): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
This god gan grin
Re: Naughty gods by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hahaha hahahaha! Interesting! Atila my guy keep rocking them!
Re: Naughty gods by suurutu: 11:45am On Oct 09, 2018
Go and vote for him! Ghostwriter deserves some accolades!!

https://www.nairaland.com/4762830/nomination-october-5k-awards/4#71922937
Re: Naughty gods by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2018
da king of suspens...
Re: Naughty gods by Holluwaphlexy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ghostwriter please don't kill us with suspense
Re: Naughty gods by hidhrhis(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ghostwriter since four days ago
Why now
Re: Naughty gods by Ayotomiwa29(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ghost writer update pls....
Re: Naughty gods by emmakin8(m): 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
undecidedPLS UPDATE NA
Re: Naughty gods by ghostwritter(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2018

Sumaya couldn’t belief what she was staring at, Atila laid dead, a god is dead, lifeless with a bullet stuck to his head. She trembled like jelly fish. Faroq and his men appeared indifferent and remorseful.

“Faraq, you’ve kill a man” gasped Sumaya on her kneels.

Faroq laughed out, then followed a wicked grin “No I didn’t kill a man, I killed your god” he laughed again along with his men. He aimed the gun to her head this time.

Sumaya terrified, pleaded to a desperate man who looked determined to go for the kill ones again.

“Sorry dear, I just can’t let you leave like that” said Faroq ready to hit.

Sumaya shut tight her eyes in expectation for the worse, it was going to be her end, a tragic end.

A loud knock suddenly erupted from the door, they held still, staring suspiciously at the door as they tried hard to be silent. They looked at one another.

“If you try it, I will blow off your head along with whomever is knocking” Faroq sternly warned in hush tone on seeing Sumaya was intending for distress call.

Nuhu followed Sumaya to the door amidst the knock with a knife pointed to her.

“Who is there?” asked Sumaya hoping for the police or the local vigilantes around the neighborhood.

“Na me Mama Kudi” a farmiliar voice replied.

Sumaya’s heart gladdens, she was certain mama Kudi had come to enquire about the noise from the gun shot. Sure, it must be noise, but as well she feared for Mama Kudi’s life if things turns the other way.

“Mama Kudirat, what is it?” Sumaya tried to sound discreet enough.

“Aunty Sumaya abeg no vex o, e be like sey you get some visitors inside abi?” asked Mama Kudirat from the other end.

The three men gazed at one another again, each wearing a deadly frown as well threatened to kill her if she dare does anything ‘funny’. They were uncomfortable but Faroq geared Sumaya to keep up while he made his aim at the door in case.

“Yes, but why do you ask” Sumaya inquired.

“Abeg help me tell your visitors sey I dey sell recharge cards for all networks” she paused hoping for a response and when she got none she reiterated.

“I have heard you”.

“Abi make I bring am?”

“No..no…no. we are not buying, please just leave” she was quick to say.

“Okay o, make una just take am easy inside that room o” Mama Kudi sounding sarcastic and malicious.

The men sighed in relief as they heard Mama Kudi’s foot-step fade away from the door but Sumaya wished her lousy neighbor never left, wished Mama Kudi could be smart enough to read her ‘cry for help’ through her tone…but to what end for them both if not death?

Sumaya turned to face the gang, she could feel her end with each majestic step Faroq took towards her, he aimed the gun at her head again, just that this time, at a closer range. Faroq who had his image to protect more than anything else looked determined with his finger fumbling around the trigger.

Suddenly, another knock came up on the door again, a gentle one this time, with suspension they lashed their eyes on the door. Aliu walked up to the door without Sumaya, he peeped through the door hole for a while.

“Who is it?” Faroq hushed to Aliu.

Aliu turned around shaking his head, looking confused he replied “I can’t see anyone”

The strange knock went on, leaving the men perplexed.

“I think it’s Atila” whispered Sumaya suggestively.

Faroq threatened her with the short gun, ordering her to “Shut up!” as her could see Atila still laying lifeless beside him.

With order from Faroq, Aliu opened the door and the knock ceased but as he was about to shut back the door, an invisible force lifted him off the ground to snap hard his neck mid-air, Aliu fell down lifeless. The two other men pushed back in fright and so did Sumaya. Faroq shot into the space ahead with fear crawling all over him, and while at it, Nuhu fell dead with deep cut on his throat. Faroq’s eyes widen in horror to the mystic around, and then a human figure slowly took shape in front of him, it was a man, a strange looking man who was unclad. Faroq attempted to shot at the creature but he had no more bullet. The man knocked Faroq out with a heavy blow as he attempted to flee. The man turned to Sumaya who had been staring with her jaw dropped and walked up to her. She couldn’t help but looked him all over as he stood unclad right in front of her, he looks nothing like Atila as he is more huge and well-muscled with well shaved beard like a black model ready for an explicit photo-shoot, another distinctive feature is his long twisted dreadlocks that ran down his strong shoulders...and unlike Atila, he had a red lens in his eyes.

The man kept staring at her with a sheepish smile just like Atila had done, he wouldn’t say a word.

“Who are you?” she managed break the awkward silence even with her heart in her mouth.

“I am Th-ermo-cool” he fumbled with the words after his eyes had caught a label on the fridge beside him.

Sumaya glanced at the fridge and back to him “You meant to say Thermocool?”

The man simply nodded with a smile.

Sumaya was shock “Oh my God, not another one” exclaimed with sense of awareness.

Atila suddenly gasped to life, he sat up, yawned and stretched before slowly picking himself up to his foot to see the strange man beside Sumaya. He frowned, “Aku, what the hell are you doing here?” he yelled in displeasure.

The unclad man turned around to Atila with a mischievous grin, “I have come to do that which you failed to do” he replied calmly.

6 Likes

Re: Naughty gods by ghostwritter(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sorry the last update came late... too much office work killed my literary morale.

For those of you who missed RELIC or wish to have a full read on a go, send me a mail...It comes at a price.
Re: Naughty gods by Ann2012(f): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
I'm Thermocool grin

1 Like

Re: Naughty gods by Fazemood(m): 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
Thermocoal Hahaha, next could be LG or SAMSUNG. Crazy Naughty gods indeed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naughty gods by emmakin8(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nice one Sha update on time

1 Like

Re: Naughty gods by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Ghost writer i know it aint easy updating but you kipping your audience waiting......

1 Like

Re: Naughty gods by Bobosneh: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
as i dey read ham it dey sweet me. weldone op more knowledge to your brain

1 Like

Re: Naughty gods by queenitee(f): 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Naughty gods by ken9ice: 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
the suspense is too much

3 Likes

Re: Naughty gods by ghostwritter(m): 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2018

Poor Sumaya watched in disbelief as both men kept arguing at one another, Atila and Aku kept on yelling furiously, they spoke strange language which was nothing Sumaya had ever heard before. Sumaya in a sense of unwilling consciousness looked around the living room, she was yet to believe she was standing in her own apartment that had turned out like war zone, both men still engulfed in a heated argument that they had forgotten Sumaya was still standing watching. She so wished to be awoken from the nightmare she had found herself.

“Who are you?” Sumaya asked after finding both her voice and courage, strange even to her but she did. And yes she did shut them up, both men kept quiet and turned to her, staring at her like they weren’t expecting her to be there. “Who are you?” Sumaya reiterated a bit gently, the question was for the one who had no cloths on.

Atila was the first of the two to speak, “Sumaya, trust me on this, Aku here needs to leave” pointing at the unclad man beside him.

“Don’t dare listen to him, it is he who should leave” said Aku furiously.

“No it is you” argued Atila

“It is you who should leave, not me” Aku defended

“No it is you”

“It is you who don’t belong here”

And so it went on between the two who were more concerned in eliminating the other’s presence, for a while Sumaya watched from Atila to Aku and back to Atila continuously like a game of Ping-Pong. She had had enough for a day to fill her lifetime. Sumaya gathered the courage to yell for decorum. Both men when mute again. “I don’t get it, what exactly is happening, are you two real, did you just kill these men?” Sumaya asked after looking both men closely and realizing they weren’t products of her imagination like she fared to admit.

The unclad man stepped forward to her, “My name is Aku the god of vengeance, I have come to protect you”

Sumaya sized him up in swift glance, She admits he looked much like a wrestler. “god of vengeance?”

“Yes, god of vengeance, here to protect you” Aku pushed out his chest in pride like a proud peacock, he smiled along revealing his white set of tooth in exaggerated manner.

She made him realized Atila was already around to protect her and would not be needing his service, she couldn’t stand one weirdo stalking her around already talk less of two. He just needs to leave.

“That is impossible, I have a task to fulfill and I am here to see to it” said Aku with the sense of seriousness.

Sumaya was puzzled, she couldn’t understand what he meant, what is he trying to say? What task is he talking about, she then turned to Atila in a sense confirm “What is happening here, what is he talking about, is he even real?”

Atila stepped a bit forward, “As for me, I am real”

“But I saw you died moments back” said Sumaya while pointing to his head.

Atila looked confused about what next to say, he avoided eye contact with her, ignorant of what Sumaya was staring at.

“Is this a sought of freak show meant to prank me?” asked Sumaya with her eyes still glued to Atila’s head.

“It’s not a prank, it’s real”

“Then if it’s real, why is the bullet still stuck inside your head” Pointing at Atila’s head, she stared in beweildment at the hole on it.

Atila realized his mistake, he quickly snapped his fingers and the bullet puffed out like it was a magic stunt, the wound healed as well.

The unclad man tried hard not to laugh at Atila’s foolishness all along but he failed, he had burst into laughter on seeing how the 2cm bullet puffed out of a head without it owner looking unhurt. “You could at least spare the poor lady a heart attack by pretending the bullet actually hurt, she is human you know” Aku reminded amidst laughter, giggling so hard.

“Shut up you fool, and that’s none of your business” Atila frowned at Aku, and then back to Sumaya who still stared like one hit with hypnosis, he lets out a wide grin, a poor attempt to cover his wield act “gods don’t die, I was merely pretending to be dead”

Sumaya saw shocked, “You never died?” sounding curious.

With a big and confident smile, Atila replied “Yes”

Suddenly, Sumaya frowned “You meant to tell me that you were conscious all through the time Faroq was about to kill me?”

Without waiting for Atila’s response, Aku began to laugh already as he knew what Sumaya was insinuating. Atila got hold of his mistake but too late to reverse his words.

Sumaya had begun to boil already, she couldn’t belief Atila whom she thought had come to protect her would leave her to be shot dead.

“Atila, what is happening, who are you and why are you here? I thought you were here to protect me like you said?” she asked curiously, desperate to know what is going on.

Aku cuts in with sincere tone “He is not here to protect you, he has come to watch you die. Atila can’t protect you but I can”

Sumaya was lost, what is Aku talking about, is this some kind of joke? She looked at Atila hoping he debunks the claim but Atila turned his eyes away from her in guilt.

“That is what his kinds do, liars!” Aku added with despise like he knew him too well, his gaze disgustfully at Atila.

“Atila, is he telling the truth, did you lied to me?” Sumaya asked disappointed, her emotions drifting to tears.

Atila couldn’t bring himself to look at her, his eyes roaming around the room aimlessly like a naïve boy trying hard to escape from the truth.

Aku is right calling him a liar and perhaps a fool but he had come for a better reason. He turned to gaze at her watery eyes all of a sudden, “Truly, I am not her to protect you, I am here to safe you” he said.

More confused than ever, Sumaya inquired to know what he meant.

“I wanted you dead, I wanted Faroq enraged enough to kill you without remorse” gradually sounding enthusiastic, Atila continued “Your death that moment was your big opportunity to heaven as you were without blemish” Atila paused to catch her reaction, he need not be told Sumaya was helplessly confused, and so he resumed again “If only Faroq had shot you dead, you would had made it straight to heaven and most importantly, you wouldn’t have to live to experience the wrath of the last days.

Sumaya thought it over and it then began to make sense, it seemed Atila had it all figured out until ‘the naked one’ literally burst in. One had come to safe her while the other is here to protect her. She turned to Aku curiously, “And why have you come to protect me?” she asked with lashing him questionable looks.

“You prayed every day and night to me for protection against your enemies”. Aku made a mischievous grin “…And here I am” he added in his strong tone.

4 Likes

Re: Naughty gods by Culin(f): 12:31am On Oct 19, 2018
embarassed that coke update has got me tiptoeing to my window to check every little sound. Pheew! I'll just stop there for tonight.
Re: Naughty gods by Ann2012(f): 4:32am On Oct 19, 2018
Atila's and Aku's drama ehn grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vivian ‘Lam Book "Nigeria, Re-awakening The Giant" Set To Be Launched In Abuja / Understanding The Word FAMZING / Who Do You Guys Think Is The Best Writer Here on Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.