Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) (7905 Views)

The Gods Must Be Crazy / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
Which of your family members has attained half of what I've achieved in life? Who are you to stand up against me questioning my authority in my own house? If not for me in your life, would you have amount to anything in life?

That's the voice of my dad echoing and trying to stampede and register his authority as always over my helpless mom.

It was 7:13a.m, I was in bed though awake, thinking & meditating, trying to figure out when my post jamb result will be out, I just need to leave this house for good. It's better I'm away than keep hearing your parent arguing and fighting on the simplest of things, things they could sit and iron out in their room without the children hearing about it, that's the most emotional torture a child can ever wish for. It was tough I must tell you.

Phew, I knew my elder sister wouldn't bulge or pay attention to them as usual, she's tough emotionally or should I say un concerned, she is never bothered about anything of such, even if you wanna raise a point regarding that, she will just wave it off like it's nothing. I don't know where they got her from. Being the only boy among them, I wouldn't want anything to happen to my mom, she is not perfect, but I love her.

Pushed off my duvet, sat upright to listen to them more and see if it's something I can wade into or better still leave them to their trade, then I heard my mum, "what do you think you even have, is this the kind of house your mates are building? My father built nine houses before he died, you built a bungalow and you are here cursing my family members, I won't take that from you never.

I stood up and walked briskly to the direction where the noise was coming from, I saw my dad sitting and my mum standing over him lecturing him on how to treat a woman and not just a woman, but mother of his children... I didn't bother greeting, not that they would have answered if I'd done that anyway, I just leaned against the wall with folded arm watching them with contempt and all anger I could muster within me. They didn't care if i was there or not as they both continued exchanging banters, my dad doesn't talk much but when he does, it hits my mom so hard that she raised her voice more telling him if not for her children, she would have left him long ago. I'm sure most people are used to that sentence when growing up, it's sad!

Sigh, I decided to wave in as I don't talk too much myself, not that I don't envy boys who talks too much, but it's not just part of me, this has made alot of my peers to term me as being proud when in secondary school, do i need to say I'm a shy type too. All my friends had girlfriends in secondary school, not that i dont wish for that either, but I couldn't because I did not know what to tell a gal despite my good look, pocket money & intellect. A gal I've had crush on since SS1 walked up to me one hot afternoon In SS3 after church service and told me i smell nice, ��my legs nearly failed me, I was shocked to the marrow, I really embarrassed her cos I was just staring not knowing whether to dance or laugh, she walked away smiling. I avoided that gal till we graduated. Now you have a glimpse of who I am now. I wouldn't say introvert cos some introverts knows their onions when it comes to relating with opposite sex, I would term mine as having a weak balls!

Dad, mum.....i started slowly, they kept quiet like they just noticed I was there, what sort of example are you setting for us now? All the neighbours would say they've started again this early morning, if this doesn't stop I will leave this house and not return again. My mum waded in, don't mind him, it's your dad, he's always looking for excuses and faults, I don't know what I've done to deserve this treatment from him. My dad said in a very low tone, don't bother yourself ok? Just go back to bed, everything will be fine. That's who my dad is, all his friends call him EAZY, a tall, light business man and also a civil servant, he is comfortable and caters for all our needs, drives a mercedez benz, but he is an adulterer, rumour has it that he once dated his secretary, though he always try to conceal it from me whenever I followed him to the office, and the said lady was always overly nice trying to impress me with everything at her disposal except her body ofcourse.

What could she be up to? Was she trying to prove a point to me that she is better than my mum or perhaps trying to tell me she could be a caring step mum? So many thoughts on my mind as a teenager, it nearly messed up my head a bit. I couldn't hold it one afternoon and I ensured I was alone with my dad when I asked the question I've always wanted to ask..

To be continued....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
nice one you have there continue please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by hahn(m): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
Continue please

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 7:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
Dad, I called out gently, he looked at me squeezing his face like he already knew what was in my head. Dad, I called again, he didn't say anything but a little grin appeared on his face, do you want to marry another wife? At this point he busted into laughter, I gave him time to finish laughing when I told him I'm not joking and I need a sincere answer, he stood up and rubbed my head where I sat, and pulled my head closer to his waist, he said he doesn't know what I've been thinking but whatever it was, I should let go. I can never have two wives ok he continued, you can never have two wives? I asked, he reiterated his earlier response, then I asked, so you intend divorcing my mum to marry her? Pointing to the direction of the secretary's office, he seemed shocked, and squeezed his face a bit as earlier, then he started...as much as you are my son, there somethings you shouldn't worry yourself about ok, I'm your dad and I can take care of myself, and by the way, who told you I was dating Laura? (secretary name). I know dad, it's written all over the place. He kept quiet like he was deep in thought, have you told your mum about this, he asked in a low tone... no dad, then he sighed, well I know you haven't told her because if you have done that, your mum would have been here...i kept quiet staring at him, dad you haven't told me if you are going to marry her. Now listen to me carefully, he started, I'm not dating her ok, myself and your mum do have disagreement sometimes but it's nothing you should worry about, when you grow up you will understand my point better. At this point, Laura knocked and entered, she saw us having a tete-a-tete. Oh, dad and son time, she muttered, I got you something Gabriel (my name), when you are done, you can come have it ok and she made way for the door, all this while I was gazing at my dad who doesn't feel comfortable all along, he gave me that look of *don't bother yourself, It's just a fling and nothing more*.

When it was 4:30pm, he told me to get ready so he could go drop me at home, your mum would have been expecting you, he said. And truly, if there was global system for mobile communication(GSM) then, she would have been calling him to bring her son home. The only reason why she allowed him to take me to his office is due to the fact that she was worried at a point, I could stay in my room from morning till night without talking to anybody, I only get called whenever my food is on the dinning table, no friends visit me though I went to a boarding school, I don't relate with family members, and sometimes when they are having family time gisting about uncle's, cousins & aunties, and my mum forced me to sit in the sitting room with my three (3) sister's for this special moment, I just kept on smiling and staring at the tv set, she would call on me sometimes to give my opinion on smth I wasn't even listening to in the first place, and my reply would be well, I don't have a personal relationship with them, so my opinion doesn't count mum. She would look at me like she should slap me, she would then say, either you like it or not, you have to relate with them, they are your family and nothing would deter you from associating with people, not when I'm alive. My sisters would then come for my jugular, leave him alone, he is a recluse, he doesn't even have female friends not to talk about galfriend, they always chorus, and my mum would then come to my defense saying I don't even want him to have a girlfriend yet, so leave him alone. And all the while, I was lost in my own world of imagination, my comfort zone, there i found solace, I could decide to be a king, a playboy, a Michael Jackson, dating the most beautiful gal in the world, just name it... The day I discovered this fantasy world was the best day and my greatest achievement so far!

To be continued....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
Following
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Arhyohme(m): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
Following step by step...

Lead the way...

Update regularly
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Kaycee9242(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
nice start wizzie, I am here keep it up
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
We got home by quarter to 6p.m, I didn't bother asking him if i should open the gate or not, I knew by that time of the day, the day is just breaking by my dad's standard. I alighted and made way for the gate, I was about knocking the gate when he honked and waved in my direction, I went back to him, the he began, Gab ( what he calls me), I know you are not happy, whatever it is bothering you, you've got to face it, you are on your way becoming a man, and I know you are going to be a great man and make us proud eventually, but if you need money, you can always ask me you know that? I shook my head in affirmative, good boy he continued, he dipped his hand in his chest pocket and gave me #100 new note (highest denomination then). Thank you dad, but I need you to help me ask professor (my dad's friend who happens to be a HOD in the school of my choice), when our post jamb result would be pasted. Okay, I will make sure I see him before retiring home later in the night ok? Okay dad, thank you. He watched me knock the gate, my elder sister came to open the gate before he zoomed off to meet his concubines as always. You won't be wrong if you refer to my dad as Solomon the second, you cant quantify the numbers of concubines he has.

Permit me to digress a little....
......There once was a time I was injured in school, I had a very deep cut very close to my right eyes, I needed urgent operation and my parents were contacted, it was hell as all the drugs given to me to make me sleep didn't work on me, the doctor had to instruct able bodies around to pin me down so he could do the needful. After the whole process, I was discharged that same day with half of my face covered with bandage. We were home around 8pm, when we heard a knock at the gate, my dad instructed my uncle staying with us to check who was at the gate, he came back after 5mins with a yellow skin elegant lady, she greeted my mum and my dad mentioned her name asking why she was out this late with an evident smirk on his face, she said she had a flat tyre somewhere far away and she came calling so my dad could help her out...Jesus shocked shocked,see format! When did my dad become a vulcanizer embarassed. All the while, my mum didn't say anything, she knew what was going on obviously but she decided to be cool. My dad was acting like he didn't wish to go but we all knew it was planned, he was home all evening because of my injury and he needed an escape route somehow which he devised and actualized.

Back to when he dropped me and I entered the house, my elder sister(Kicky) saw me stuffing my new #100 note in my jean pocket, she became nice all of a sudden. This boy, you just fine sha, she started...thats why my friends are always talking about you, when is your post jamb result coming out? I trust you are going to clear it efiko.....dont disturb yourself Kicky, if you are being nice all of a sudden because of my money, forget it, I'm not giving you a dime! She pushed my head from the back as she went ahead of me to the sitting room calling me a stingy asshole, I don't mind I muttered.

I greeted my mum as i entered the sitting room, where is your dad was what she asked next, he dropped me and left. She shook her head and asked what i took for lunch, I ate jollof rice and chicken mum, she wiggled on the chair and asked if it was my dad who got it for me, no mum I said as I made way for my room, auntie Laura did... I didn't wait to see her reaction, poor woman, she has been through alot and all she resulted to was always praying day in day out and it looked God has something against her for him not to have answered her all the while...

The gods must really be angry!!!

To be continued......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
op thanks for the update, when are we expecting the next one
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by hahn(m): 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
This is a touching story.

When parents cheat it always seems like they totally disregard their kids' feelings.
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
Well done Op
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
hahn:
This is a touching story.

When parents cheat it always seems like they totally disregard their kids' feelings.

And to even think little or nothing is being done to create awareness and nip it in the bud once and for all, it has adverse effect on children I tell you sincerely!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
I was in my room for the rest of the evening fumbling on my mini keyboard when mum called me, I reluctantly stood and dragged myself to the kitchen where she was, we are eating pounded yam tonight, so be on standby as you are going to pound, she stated. Mum I started protesting, you know I will have blisters on my palm if i pound, and by the way you should allow my sisters to learn how to pound as you never can tell if their husband to be will take delight in eating pounded yam on daily basis just like my grandpa. I saw a grin on my elder sister's face, any husband that can't make do with rice and other light food should enter the kitchen and pound himself to death, she said.
Jesu.....my mum screamed, how dare you talk like that Kicky, you know you are no longer a baby huh, you are in 200l and yet you reason like someone that wasn't trained at all, I don't know where you got this your foolish behaviour from because obviously I'm not like that and all of you can bare me witness, my mum said.

Mum I can't be anyone's slave o, I meant what I said, infact I can't take half of what you are taking from dad, I would have divorced him since or better still poison him..... She reiterated..... Ah, E gba mi(pls save me), my mum said as she stood from the small stool she always sit on whenever she want to stir amala and the likes and made way towards Kicky, Kicky got the message on time and bolted towards the dining room, if not she would have received a slap that would have taught her to behave in a Christian way. My mum stood still for sometimes staring towards the direction she ran to, and made way back to her stool and sat visibly angry. At this point, I couldn't protest again, I just grabbed the pestle and started pounding not minding the aftermath effect, at that junction she could transfer the anger on whoever within who misbehave. The kitchen was just like graveyard except for the sound of mortal and pestle.
When she was done serving, I picked my food and was going towards my room when she called after me, where do you think you are going to ni ti e? I didn't even argue, I just turned and came to sit. My youngest sister couldn't hold up her laughter anymore, she started laughing and my immediate young sister joined, I looked up to see my mum's reaction, she was smiling lightly... My sister was already back in her room all the while, she knew she wasn't taking dinner with that her utterances, she has embraced her fate .

Mum attends Christ Apostolic Church, and she ensured we all follow her to church whenever there was service, so we are practically prayer warriors in our house if you know what I mean. She wakes everyone up with her bell by 5:30am every morning for general prayer in her room, that was always the most difficult part of the day for all of us, we would be there sitting and dozing when she reads her bible and then proceeded to singing hymns and you would see us struggling to stay awake or else it's a slap that would gear you back to reality and the sleep would disappear immediately.

My dad was never a party to morning devotion, he won't even stand up not to talk of praying. He doesn't go to church, yet he refer to himself as a prophet, he claimed God always appear to him in his dream and show him visions. There was one of its like where he said God showed him Obasanjo would not win the 1999 election, he said he saw another contestant(Falae) with a white robe and God placed a crown on his head. Your guess is as good as mine, I couldn't ask him what happened to the Vision when Obasanjo eventually won the election.

Fake prophets everywhere.......

My dad got home very late as usual, my uncle had to always stay awake to open the gate for him irrespective of whenever he comes back and ofcourse my mum too to always in standby to serve his food. We Men have undue advantage I must tell you, God has placed us to be the head, we shouldn't abuse that power no matter what.....

He was barely in the sitting room when I strolled in, good evening dad, he looked in my direction shocked. Gab, you are still awake, at that point, I knew he didn't even remember asking his professor friend what I told him to help me make enquiry of, I'm still awake, did you see prof? No, he said sharply, he wasn't home when I checked on him, give yourself rest, the result will soon be pasted. If not for my mom's presence, I would have told him I knew he didn't check on prof, but my mum doesn't like confrontation, she would scold/lecture you for being so rude and un-mannered*.
Goodnight, I said as I retired back to my room, then I heard my mum faintly saying she doesn't want me to go to that school, I would rather he goes to same school with Kicky so she could look after him. I was about running back in protest when I heard my dad said " he can take care of himself, when I was at his age, I was already in charge of my father's cocoa business. That response laid to rest whatever argument or reasons she has, I opened my door and retired to my bed.

Hardly was I in bed when I switched into my imaginative world, my comfort zone. I was already in the university in there, calling the shot and being centre of attraction, Cruising with the chics of cream and the big boys on campus....oh my imagination brings all I couldn't dream of having in reality!

..........................to be continued

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by hahn(m): 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
Kids with home issues always tend to retreat into a shell.

Actually you must do the opposite
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Ann2012(f): 12:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by philpwresh(m): 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by tolufase: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Amazing story! Ride on
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 7:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
We always have busy morning on Saturday, just like every other home I guess, I always join my uncle in washing the cars, while the girls work their ass* off scrubbing and mopping every where. Mum in her usual style every Saturday morning prepares jollof, fried and white rice for the household and our unending weekend visitors. Dad stocks the fridge always with can beers for his drunkard friends too, it's always carnival like most times.

Gab, I will need to smuggle some can beers from the fridge, and i will need you to help me watch if the coast is clear, are you game? That was the voice of my uncle (Mayor), he is a graduate of civil engineering from OAU, he has been staying with us since his university days. He is the best thing to have happened to me in our house, he gives me gist about university life, how to combine studies with convincing random ladies and bedding* them without any hassle. He sometimes gives vivid illustration on how he sleeps with light clean babes, as he would say he can never have anything to do with dark gals. He knew I was a virgin that hasn't even pecked a gal before not to talk of kiss. He gives me orientation and also helping in building my confidence level when it comes with the opposite sex.

Permit me to digress a little.....

We once had a crazy funny experience, my parents were scheduled to be at a wedding party on a Saturday, and ofcourse my siblings likes party, we knew they would follow as usual.
We were washing the cars as usual when Mayor confided in me what he intend doing as soon as my parent leave. There was a supermarket at the entrance of our estate, the owner has this beautiful light skin lady who stays with her mum sometimes attending to customers, I never knew how my uncle convinced this lady or how they met as she was always in the company of her mum.

One of my female friends is coming around, he started....i was shocked, you mean a lady is coming to this house? Wh.. What, how....i mean how do you intend pulling that of? Just calm down, he continued...i have everything mapped out, they won't come back until late evening I can bet with you, and that's enough time to pull things off... I just stood there admiring his level of confidence but at the same time scared of the unknown. So what role do i have to play, or you just want me to stay in the room like I wasn't around?

No, I will introduce you to her, she knows you even... She knows me i exclaimed?
Yea very well... who is she? I asked......
Chioma, the daughter of Mile 6 supermarket' owner, he answered. I opened my mouth, that light lady? I can't believe this, how did you meet her? What did you say to....... It's okay, he cut me short... you can ask all these questions later, now you just need to cooperate with me and everything will work out fine. I was still standing staring at him while he washed the tyre when my mum called out.....

Gab, leave that car to your uncle, you need to get prepared as you are following us and don't even argue. And she went back inside..... At that point, it was like my world came crashing, I hate my mum at that moment.... You don't have to go, Mayor called in, you can fake headache or stomach ache or something similar.... Good suggestion, I was about going inside when he called me back... No, you don't have to tell her you are not feeling fine, she might decide to stay back or ask one of your sister to stay back with you which would jeopardize the whole plan... That's true, I said. So what do I do now?

Well, just tell them you are working on writing a poem and you promised to show Dr James in church tomorrow. Ah Uncle Mayor, you are a smooth criminal, and i made way into the sitting room.
My dad was at the dining when I entered, he has almost finished his plate jollof rice, i quickly took advantage of the moment and told him about the poem I've been working on and i needed to show Doctor in church tomorrow. How is that a problem? he asked. Dad, the problem is that mum want me to follow you. He sighed, he knew it could lead to another argument if he supported me against my mum' wish....
Well, don't worry, call your mum on your way to your room, thank you dad as I made way to my room.

I didn't come out until I heard the sound of the gate opened, I peeped through the window and I saw all of them in their traditional attire looking breathtaking seated in the car already, I was even surprise my mum didn't tell me they were going before they left. I knew she was angry obviously, then I headed to the dinning and realized she didn't serve my food, meanwhile my uncle's food was there. Then i headed for the kitchen only to realize she has locked the kitchen door... shocked embarassed embarassedJESUS!!!
Tears rolled down my cheek, why is my mum this wicked I thought...well I can make do with soft drink and cake, I was speechless when I realized the fridge was locked too... When did she start locking the kitchen and fridge for crying out loud, I screamed, my uncle rushed in when he heard my voice.... what happened? He asked. She didn't serve my food and she locked everywhere..
You don't mean she locked the fridge too? With shock and disappointment written all over his face. His own worries was the beer he wouldn't get and the soft drink to give the visitor. His look depicted that of someone who just lost a family member... I busted into laughter, his confusion was a consolation...

Then we started cleaning and arranging everywhere to impress our visitor, he brought out his perfume and started spraying the air from the door to the sofa where she was going to sit. Everything looked set, then I lent him some money to take care of the soft drink and snacks.

After he has taken his bath and all, he set out to bring our August visitor, and i was home waiting for them.... Not long after, I heard the sound of the gate, and suddenly my heart started beating faster....whats my own in this whole situation that I would now die before my time, I summoned courage and went to open the gate.

Lo and behold, she was standing there beside my uncle smiling, she wore a short white dress that barely reached her knee cap thereby exposing her straight legs and thighs. We were introduced and they made way into the living room whilst I follow..... They sat on the sofa as pre planned, and i was sitting at the opposite direction adjacent to the tv. My uncle was just all over her whispering sweet nothing into her ear while she was smiling sheepishly like a new bride, at that point I knew i was suppose to excuse myself as planned.

I went to my room imagining what they were doing all by themselves, at a point I remembered my mom might ask for the poem I stayed back to write, then I started fumbling with some sentence which wasn't making sense to me, I couldn't think straight, I was a science student though, and my favorite subjects were mathematics, Chemistry and English.

Then I remembered my immediate younger sister was a literature student, I didn't think twice as I made my way to her room, as soon as i stepped out, I started hearing some funny sounds coming from the living room....been very inquisitive, I decided to tip toe through the other route to the dining where I could have a better and closer view....Your guess is as good as mine, he was butt naked on Chioma panting. I tip toed back immediately and was wondering what guts he has to be sleeping with Chioma on the same sofa my dad and mum sits on to watch news every evening. And I became infuriated immediately, I went back to my room as soon as i got the textbook from my sister's room. I got back to scribbling somethings in my jotter and it was barely 5mins interval when I heard someone honking at the gate... I quickly stood up to lock my room, I knew he was going to come running for my help. I've barely locked the door when he came calling my name and knocking with urgency, what do you expect? I didn't answer ofcourse!

...............to be continued
Please pardon my errors, I just came back right now and needed to rush through to keep in touch with my readers!

Regards!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Kaycee9242(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
wow!!! am really liking this wonderful story. op u too much keep it up sir

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Arhyohme(m): 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oboi...
Wahala don land
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
.......hey fam, we have some silent readers on here I know, but your comments will go a very long way in term of motivation. Constructive criticism is welcome too....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Ann2012(f): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 29, 2019
Lol.. Uncle o
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by dammy96: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2019
Hehehehe......
Uncle don enter one chance.
Nice update. Following...
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by hahn(m): 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
wizzie001:
.......hey fam, we have some silent readers on here I know, but your comments will go a very long way in term of motivation. Constructive criticism is welcome too....

Just carry on ogbeni. We are following bumper to bumper
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by swegiedon(m): 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
wizzie001:

Nice story bro,waiting for update.
Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by wizzie001(m): 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Gab..... please open the door, I beg you in the name of God, I read fear in his voice but that didn't bother, he needs to learn his lesson in a hard way. All the while, the honking continues non stop, it didn't sound like my dad's initially, but I later heard his... it must be two vehicles I thought. There and then I stood up and opened the door, I saw Mayor coming out from his room too sweating and looking confused, I just went ahead of him and realized Chioma was nowhere to be found as soon as i entered the living room.... Bad guy, he has hidden her in his room, poor lady.

By the time I got to the gate, my mum was already at gate banging at it... where have you been since we've been outside honking? I didn't answer squeezing my face, two vehicles drove in as I've guessed. One was that of my dad's friend who just came back from America and the second was my dad's, I realized my siblings were not in the car, they must have dropped them off at the party I thought.

Wow, My godson is now a man, look at you Gabriel all grown up (in American accent), that was the voice of my dad's friend... come, come hug me son, I went closer as I made way to prostrate, he pulled me to himself in a tight embrace, he smells America I must say. His wife, young daughter who was in my age bracket, my dad &mum looked on smiling all the while... I then proceeded to greet his wife who hugged me too and told me how handsome I looked. You won't greet your wife? My dad's friend said as she pointed to his daughter.

Well, I wouldn't mind if she is my wife, I thought silently.... She is really a beauty to behold with good dentition, tall with good structure, chocolate in color...she has a short dread on, White polo shirt, black knicker that hugged her hips & thigh so well, and white pair of stockings with snickers... A typical America teenager.

Hallo, she said briefly as she waved...i won't allow this gal intimidate me i thought silently...which one is hallo again...

How you doing? I said trying to polish my English too, I might not have been to America physically, but I've been there in my imaginations, coupled with too much cartoons and America movies at my disposal, I've mastered the rhymes and rhythm of the language so well...

My mum must have been shocked with the way I greeted her, Ekun(Tiger)... She exclaimed..as we all moved in the direction of th living room.

Mayor was nowhere in sight, omg...both of them must be in sifia* pain by now. What did you eat? My mum called after me as I was already heading to check what Mayor and his gal was going through, I felt for the poor lady now.. Gab come back here, my mum called. So after this woman refused to serve my food, she still want to embarrass and de-value me in front of this beauty? I thought.. Mum, I'm not hungry, I'm fine. Where are you going to when you have a visitor here? Who do you think will keep Sophia's company? She asked... I'm coming back mum, just wanna tidy up somethings(in my fake American acceent).

I was surprise not to have seen Mayor and Chioma in his room, where could he be? I knew he was home since I didn't see him going out, I opened his wardrobe, no one. Where could he be? I thought aloud...
I went back to my room and knew immediately I entered that i have companies but they were not in sight. The smell of Chioma was evident in my room, I proceeded to the rest room, and lo and behold, they were there!
Mayor is smart, he knew my mum could open his door and see him with a gal because his room doesn't have a rest room, so improvised and quickly came to mine.

I came face to face with Chioma crying, and Mayor fidgeting trying to calm her to keep it low... You don't have to worry about anything, I said calmly. You can come to the room instead of hiding here. Don't worry she won't come inside my room, I will lock the door. Despite my sweet words, she didn't seem convinced, my uncle was just standing there staring at the wall. They will soon go back, they just came to entertain their friends and I'm sure they will soon go back to pick my siblings ok? Okay, she said....
Let me stay in here, I feel safer here. She said.... okay, if that's what you want. I stepped out of the room at that instance and Mayor called after me asking if they've asked of him, Nah, I said.... okay tell them, I'm not home he said as I closed the door after me locked with my key. Their destinies lies on my shoulder now I thought....

Hey Gabriel, your mum just told me you seeking admission to Unilag, what course do u wanna study? Sophia asked in her accent. I sat not far away from her side. Pharmacy, i said. pharmacy? What informed your decision, why not medicine? She asked again. Must everybody study medicine, and by the way I can't stand the sight of blood I thought silently within myself.

Medicine is a good course ofcourse, but I've always seen myself improving and discovering potent drugs that will combat diseases and ailment that takes the lives of hundreds of Africans yearly. I said, and by the way, I want to be the one to research and proffer lasting solution to HiV Aids, I concluded.

Wow that sounds so nice, why don't you tell your folks to let you come study abroad Huh? You are gon be exposed to lots of research materials you know?

I blended with Sophia effortlessly, we kept on impressing on each other our level of understanding of various subjects raised, she is my type of gal... beauty with brain!

When are you gon come visiting before we travel back? She asked...she is fond of me already I thought.
When are you due? I asked.
Our return ticket is next week Tuesday she said. I was disappointed she will be leaving Nigeria soon enough.
Since when have you been in the country? I asked.... 2 weeks, we travelled down to Ekiti State to spend time with my grand parents. Oh I retorted, hope you enjoyed every bit of your stay there? Sure did...
Well, you haven't answered my question, when are u coming to say hello? She asked again....

Well, it has to be one of the coming days, I'm not sure which, but I will definitely make out time, I need to ask my mum though! Oh, she exclaimed!

Mum, she called out, she got the attention of the two women chatting away since, she pointed to my mum.... Mum please Gab would like to visit tomorrow, can you please allow him? I was shocked, when did i say tomorrow? And my mum was more shocked as she was even confused as she said really? How come he want to visit all of a sudden? He doesn't go out, he hardly visit anyone, she narrated the event that transpired that morning to her friend and how she is still punishing me for it... They both laughed over it while Sophia was busy smiling waiting for my mum's response. He doesn't know anywhere, how will he maneuver his way to Lekki? See how this woman just dey fall my hand, I thought.
I will ask our driver to come pick him up, Sophia's mum said... You don't have to bother yourself, I will ask his uncle to drop him off.....

Jeez, that was when I remembered my uncle and his babe has been holed up in my rest room all the while... Sophia must have really struck a chord in me for me to have forgotten my uncle's predicament...

Where is your uncle even? My mum asked, he has gone out, I said..... I trust, she replied!

Beaming with smile, what would you like to eat when you visit tomorrow GABRIEL? Sophia asked..... do you like sea foods? Or you prefer Chinese crays & crabs? E gba mi, how all this thing wey she mention take be food? I don't want to sound local either.
Well, I've had enough of sea foods this past few weeks, I'll just stick to jollof rice if you don't mind... oh no prob, anything.. I mean anything you want...........she said obviously happy... I like this gal, there is a chemistry between us.

to be continued.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Arhyohme(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the update
BOSS

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Ann2012(f): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by Kaycee9242(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2019
op well done, that uncle and his babe need to be forgotten in that closet make heat reset their brain. they no fit afford guest house ni

1 Like

Re: The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) by swegiedon(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) / THE LONG WAIT / "MOTIVATIONS FOR SUCCESS" BY TAYO DEMOLA: A Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.