Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Adventures With Theresa 18+ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventures With Theresa 18+ (10244 Views)

My Adventures With Jehovah Witness (episode 1) � / Twins Adventures / The Adventures Of Czar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 4:44am On Nov 17, 2022
Adventures With Theresa��

Episode 1

Written by: Frank The Writer

It’s been a while since I started feeling incomplete. I can’t really tell the reason, it just happened. There were nights that I didn’t write down lyrics on my notepad. There were days I had inspiration but zero vibes to pen them down.
This brought a lot of pressure onto my plate. I needed time to think everything through. I’m used to being around my crew members and touring with them, not only as crew members but as friends, doing my music stuff. I definitely need a break. Maybe that’s what I will do now.

This music of a thing ain’t as easy as it looks. Especially here in Nigeria where a lot of competitors rise every day. Maybe I’ll take a holiday for some time or probably go for a vacation and cool off and not think about music for a while. On second thought I haven’t taken a break before. I was really focused on composing and recording new songs.

I barely feel happy these days. Nothing makes me feel better. Nothing!
I sat down and relaxed on my Avalon having random thoughts about my diminishing music career. It was on a cool Friday evening and I have just closed for the day. I took out my phone from my pocket and immediately I placed my hand behind it, it unlocked.
My mom was the first thought that ran through my mind. I was already on my dialer and I dialed her number which was among the recent calls.
It's always her all the time and it’s looking like I call her much lately.

But the truth is I miss her. Mom was the only that could make me feel better. She has always loved me unconditionally. She’s the only person that can make me feel one piece even in the darkest times. She answered at the first ring, and her voice instantly made me smile.

“Frank, how are you?” Came her ever-calming and soft voice I have been waiting for your calls,” she added.
“How are you doing? And how’s everyone at home?”

I have really missed her so dearly and can’t wait to see her again. She always brings my mood up each time we talked on the phone.

“Everyone is fine, and we all have been busy lately.”
“Busy? What are you people up to this time around?”
“Frank! Are you really asking me that? Your uncle’s wedding is next week. Have you forgotten?”

“Wedding? My uncle? You mean Uncle Jude is finally getting married? Wow!”
“Hmm.. what is wow? So you haven’t spoken with him? I thought your siblings already discussed that with you,” she yelled on the phone. I could almost picture her facial expression.

“No mom. They never told me anything about wedding. Besides they barely call unless I call them.”

“I thought I overheard your sister the other day telling you on phone.”
“No. She wasn’t talking to me. Maybe she was probably discussing with someone else. When is the wedding?”

“Next week Saturday, that’s more reason I’m surprised nobody told you about it.” She answered but I heard another voice in the background.

“I will call you later. I’m with my tailor.. there are a few adjustments she needs to do to my dress. Will you meet up to join the wedding?”

“Of course, I should be there. You know how my uncle would react if he eventually didn’t see me there. He will be u happy if I don’t come.”

“So you are coming? That’s okay.”
“Where is the wedding?”

“Asaba. The wife-to-be is a Ghanaian.”
“Wow! Jude is getting married to a Ghanaian girl. God! What have I been missing? I can’t wait to come around.”
“No problem. We’ll talk better when you come.”
“Alright, mom. Thank you.”

“Erm, remember you promised us a wife soon. We are still waiting,” mom added jocularly and we busted into laughter.
“Are you expecting me to come with anybody?”
“You already know what to do.”

She hung up.

This woman already wants a grandchild from me. I’m just 33. I can’t believe my uncle is getting married. He’s almost 60 years old but he still has a young spirit. I wonder who the lucky girl could be. So Nigerian girls didn’t suit him that he decided to marry a Ghanaian. I really can’t wait to ask him this kind of question.
I held my steering and turned on the ignition. The only thing that kept ringing in my head was the last thing mom said. I felt she already want me to get married as her only son and first child as well. She probably didn’t want me to marry late like my uncles.

Damn!

That’s another thing I have to work on. I haven’t really been stable with anyone in a long time. I have been jumping from one girl to another for the past few months. It’s not something I’m even proud of. Having a new girl every month ain’t the kind of life I want but I’m just not happy with any of them. The ones I have met are just so fake, especially Cynthia. If there is another word better than being fake, I think that’s what they represent.
Maybe I’m just unlucky with them. Fake plastic girls with no manners. More focused on looking good for the cameras than taking care of anything else. Always on Tiktok and SnapChat.

Well, not my fault. I really tried. I bet they weren’t my type and didn’t match my energy. For some reason, they don’t understand me, the real me. They only try to impress me. I can’t wait for the day I find the right girl; one that has something upstairs besides being obsessed with Tiktok and makeup. I would give anything to just have a good conversation while I hold her to sleep caressing her hair as I sing her a love song.

Damn! This is just a fantasy. I’m f*cking alone.
Where do I get a date? The wedding is in a week. I should be leaving Lagos for Asaba before Thursday or latest Friday morning if I want to arrive on time to spend time with my fam.

I wouldn’t take a random girl and introduce her to my mom or family, let alone think of the ones I have dated previously. Not even going to happen!

When I drove into my apartment, it was almost 8 pm. I had been stuck in Lagos traffic. Lagos and traffic are like tea and bread. It’s usually horrible and hectic during the weekends.
I got upstairs and took a cool bath. Aside from music I was into other several businesses that generates money I used in fueling my music career. If my dependence had been only on music, I would have gone back to the farm in my village.

After making myself noodles for dinner, I sat on the sofa in the living room staring at the TV. I felt the calmness and loneliness of my space. I don’t like being alone.
That’s why I always end up with random girls late at night. Definitely not this time. I need to find a date, a serious one this time.

Mentally, I ran a list of possible dates I could bring. There is Lucy, the last time I saw her was probably last month and we didn’t end up on bad terms. That’s a good thing. Yet she’s still not the girl I would want to introduce to my fams. Lucy is the guy's type with numerous followers on IG. She’s a model as well. Most of her pictures are too revealing! Nothing to hide anymore.

I stood and walked towards the window and lean against the wall.

There is Cynthia, the chubby girl I met at a particular night show in Abuja. Well, now that I think of her, she’s definitely not an option. She’s a nice girl but she threw her phone at me when I later told her I didn’t want anything serious. She’s that crazy and weird type. We didn’t end in good terms.

I then walked from the living room to the bedroom. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment. I always do that often and sometimes I rehearse my lyrics before the mirror. On other days I prophecy good things to myself.

An image of a pretty damsel returned to my mind after so long. A beautiful laugh and the most irresistible lips on earth. I remember her, Theresa, (Terry). The girl with the most unique personality. I had forgotten about her.

“Damn!” I groaned, now remembering the promise I didn’t keep. I promised to call her the day we met, but I never did. I actually forgot. I remember vividly I met her on a radio station that morning after I had an interview session. I remember the entire conversation we had. She was serving in Lagos and would soon round up.

F*ck! How did I forget Theresea? I remember I opened up about my life to her. Something I never do. Why did I even let that happen?

This has to be a signal and I have a better reason to call her, at least I have to try. I have missed a girl like her, so carefree and sincere. I will just call her right away. She’s the one I want to take to the wedding. Yeah, she is.

To be continued…
© Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader

If you are following, drop a comment let me know if I should continue here.

Do well to follow my Facebook page
@ Frank The Writer

6 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by adekusibe10(m): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2022
Continue
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by ddlondon(f): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2022
Thanks for this
nxt pls[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Christiansimon: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2022
Good To Have U Back Bruh

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2022
Episode 2

~ Theresa's POV ~

Fred sang a melody with his guitar while everyone else sat around singing along to his melody. The location was Elegushi beach. Fred, Micheal, Ruth, and Justin happened to be the amazing fellow corpers I met here in Lagos during this period of my Youth Service and we have been together for months.

Our passing Out Parade (POP) was going to be the following week so we decided to have fun and share good memories at the beach. It was my idea because I haven’t been to the beach before. So I literally made the decision when they asked for a place we could hang out. They had no option but to oblige to my decision because it was my birthday month, and my birthday was around the corner.

I felt my skin warm from the sun making my head light, my lips were salty, something usual when you spend a lot of time on the sea and my feet felt a little tired. This couldn’t be a better last time with my friends and colleagues in Lagos.

We sang together, moving our bodies from side to side.
We all busted into laughter when Fred sang the wrong lyrics, and sometimes we let him sing alone when we don’t know the lyrics.

It was a perfect melody for a perfect environment. I was already having a good time.

“He’s very cute, isn’t he?” Ruth whispered into my ear.
She was referring to Fred. During the past few weeks, we spent in Lagos I have seen Ruth look at him with hearty eyes. There’s definitely chemistry between them but they haven’t interacted with each other.

“Why not talk to him,” I said, nudging her arm. She looked at him and blushed. Fred was looking back at her while he played the guitar.
“Really? You dey whyne me ni? Ruth smiled shyly at him, looking away and hiding her face on my shoulder.

“Whyne you ke? You won’t lose anything if you talk to him. It’s probably our last outing together, so…” I encouraged her, nudging her arm again.
“I won’t take no for an answer,” I added.
“Okay, alright,” she giggled, sitting up and accommodating her hair.

“Do I look good?” she whispered.
“You look great, go!” I pushed her as she stood up and walked to where Fred was while she stared at me. She gave me a small thumbs-up and sat beside him.

As I stared at both of them interacting, a smile formed on my face. I really liked being here, being rounded by these amazing people that I’m lucky to call Friends. Real friends, the ones that support you and are always there for you. I’m definitely going to make sure I keep in touch with them when I leave Lagos. I might even create a WhatsApp group chat to help us reach out to each other.

Maybe this is the State I would settle in. I could look. for a job nearby. Ruth or Micheal could help me look for a place since their parents live in Lagos.
My smile kept growing at the thought. I can’t wait to tell them how much I have fallen in love with Lagos State.

Micheal had been my loyal companion through this journey. We have been besties for the past five months and I couldn’t love his vibes less.

Sadly, everything was going to end soon. It was time to part ways and find adventures by ourselves. We would sign out the coming week and that was why we decided to have a beach day. We ate grill, burger, drank wine, and of course, surfed. I’m definitely going to miss this place and these amazing souls.

“Hey, Terry! Your Phone!” Michael yells, taking my phone out of my bag and then handing it to me.

None of them addressed me as Theresa. “Terry!”

“Thank you.” I let out a dim smile and took my phone.

It kept ringing loudly so I needed to stand up from there and walk away from the music. When I walked towards the shore, I looked down at the screen to see who was calling. I couldn’t recognize the number. An unknown number. I barely answer unsaved contact due to some reasons.

“Hello?” I decided to just answer.
“Theresa?” I heard a rough voice on the other side of the line, somehow low that I had to focus my hearing.
“Yes? Who I’m speaking with?” I moved with my foot in the sand, while I played with my toes.

“Erm, Uh, It’s Fra..nnk.” He finally replied.
I felt my heart stop for a second.
“Uh, you remember Frank?”
“Frank… the musician?”
“Yeahhh…”

Everything around me vanished away and all I could picture was the guy with a body structure of an athlete, pink lips, and sexy eyes. His voice, how I missed that voice. It took me back to the radio station where we met and spend time talking. It’s really been a while since the last time I thought of him.

“Frank,” I said, short of breath, moving my hand to my hair. I was surprised he called after how many months? Seven or eight.

“Hi Frankie, how are you? It’s been a long time.” A nervous laugh escaped my lips.

Suddenly silence stood between the line but after a second we both laughed nervously. I felt my cheeks heat just as it did long time ago when I was around him and felt butterflies in my stomach.

“It’s been a long time, Terry!” He said.
“I know.” I laughed, sitting down on the sand while my eyes faced the sunset.
“So tell me… are you still stealing meat from your mother’s pot?” I asked.
“I haven’t had the chance. I have been away from her for a long time.” He chuckled, making me laugh, and I can almost picture his dimple showing.

Frank once made mentioned of stealing from his mom’s pot in an interview on the radio station.

“So how have you been?” he asked.
“I have been great.” I smiled, lifting my knees to my chest and resting my arms on them.
“I have been traveling a lot,” he said.
“Nice. That sounds lovely.”

“Thank you.” His voice was so slow and happy. I bit my lips containing everything inside of me. How beautiful his voice was.

“So what have you been up to?” I asked right away, not letting my mind control me.
“Um, you know, here and there, pushing my music and other stuff.” He sighed afterward.

It’s crazy to think that I didn’t think of him for like seven months and now here I am talking to him on the phone, line as if nothing happened. I’m not going to say I wasn’t hurt when he didn’t call the first week that passed after we first met, but I moved on eventually since he was the one who took my number. I came to Lagos to serve and not to find someone else.

“Are you still in Lagos? Are you done with the service? Where are you now?” He queried in one breath. He was so eager to find out that I could feel it in his voice.

“Guess.” I decided to play a bit with him, just like the old times.
“Um, I don’t know. Not good at guessing, Um….” He thinks for a second and said, “Calabar.”

“Nope.” I laughed, shaking my head even though he can’t see me. I remember telling him I’m from Calabar and he probably feels I already left Lagos.
“Ouch! Did I fail? F9?” He said, laughing.

I couldn’t help but think about all the fun we had that day. Frank was really funny and he made me laugh. I guess our sense of humor is alike. I have missed him, I can’t lie.

“I'm still in Lagos, at the beach right now. “ I said, feeling the wind as it played with my hair.
“Wow! I never knew you would still be around. Which of the beach?”
“Elegushi.”
“Have you been there before?”

“Nope. It’s my first time here. I still have a lot of places I’d like to visit here in Lagos.”
“Oh! You must be having fun right now.”
“Sure! I’m loving it.”

There was something inside of me then that I was speaking with him that slowly returned to me. As if my nerves sense him and they make an electric response inside of me.

“Can I be honest with you?” He asked and I nodded my head, before remembering he can’t see me.
“Yeah?” I replied.
“Well, I was wondering… I know we haven’t seen each other in a long and that…” He stuttered and took a pause. He sounded nervous but I couldn’t tell why.
“I promised to call you and I didn’t but… Um..” He laughed nervously, making another pause.

“Hmmm… what’s that thing you are finding hard to say?” I asked him.
“Would you like to travel with me?” He broke the short silence.

I thought for a moment. I know I’m happy that he finally called, even after eight months. And I’m flattered he’s asking me this but it still felt weird. It was so sudden, not something you would ask a person that you only met one time during an interview even when you felt a connection with that person.

Is he serious?

“I don’t know. This is very sudden,” I answered frankly.
“Um…,” he stuttered.
“Travel to where? I don’t understand.”
“Well, my uncle will be getting married and….” He was going to say something but I interrupted, now I know where this is going.

“And you need a date or something? Isn’t it?” I completed his sentence.
“That’s not what I was going to say but you’re right.” He chuckled nervously. I could picture him scratching the back of his neck.
“Yes, I do need a date. The wedding is next week Saturday and…”
“Wow! That’s so soon.” I was puzzled.

Minutes ago I wouldn’t have thought I would be talking to him let alone being invited by him to a wedding. Like for real?
“I know this is sudden and I’m sorry.” He sighed in disbelief.
I should have called you right away when I stepped off the radio station.” He said in a lower tune.

“I was busy and distracted, I guess. But I did think of you, sometimes.”
“Why me? I mean, it’s been a while, Frank.” I stood up from the ground, and walked along the beach, feeling the sand in my toes as I walked, it eased my nerves.
“Don’t get me wrong it’s just sudden.”

“Yes, I know. I….. something reminded me of you and I had to try at least.” He said deliciously slowly, making it so tempting for me.
“I thought of you, too,” I said shyly, covering my belly with one arm.

“Really?” His voice illuminated like it was hard for him to believe what I just said.
“I have missed you, Theresa,” he uttered. As weird as it sounds.

I closed my eyes letting the butterflies consume my body. That electric feeling suddenly returned to my body.

“Me, too,” I admitted shyly, stopping at the shore while looking at the few stars appearing in the sky.

"So are you going with me?" He asked.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

_______
Don’t be a ghost reader

3 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
Episode 3

❌ Do Not Copy or Repost❌

~ Theresa's POV ~

After finishing our call yesterday, I had to sit in the sand at the shore for some minutes to let everything sink in. I couldn’t believe Frank finally called after months of not knowing anything about him. I thought he didn’t remember me again. I had accepted to go to Asaba with him. Our Passing Out Parade would be on Monday while we would go on the trip that week Thursday. I was literally free to go with him.

Why did I accept? I don’t know. The memories of my first meeting with him were enough to give it a try. I’m probably crazy for accepting but this will be my last trip in a while.

Saying goodbye to my amazing friends at the beach was hard but we sure bid each other. I told them about my trip to Asaba with Frank.
Michael supported my idea and he said I should just be careful to avoid stories that touch the heart. I asked if he could at least follow me to where Frank asked me to meet up with him before we leave for Asaba. Michael obliged and told me to inform him once I’m ready.

Monday was the day we had long anticipated to come. It was the day we officially received our certificate for having served Nigeria for one year. Memories were made and pictures were taken. Joy in the air and sadness somewhere around the air, too.

For some of us, we barely knew what the future holds for us, and for some, another journey of life began. I had a good time with a few of my colleagues and the lovely friends I made during this period of one year. Micheal, Ruth, Justin, Fred, and I took some shots and made some short videos just to create memories. I was really going to miss them all. I noticed Ruth and Fred were getting used to each other. I teased her about it and she jokingly landed a friendly punch on my shoulder.

Fast forwarding, Thursday soon arrived. It was the day Frank said we would be going to Asaba. He said he needed to stay there on Friday before the wedding proper on Saturday.

Thursday morning, Michael and I were on our way to meet Frank. I needed him to see Frank and probably know who he is or perhaps know what he looks like. Peradventure anything happens…Just in case. You know, for security purposes. Michael quite understood that too.

The phone rang and rang but Frank didn’t pick up. I waited until the last ring to end the call. I called him again but it turned out the same result. When Michael and I were leaving Mile 2, I told him (Frank) I would arrive in an hour and he said he was going to be there.

I called again and this time the call went to voicemail, so I hang up and decided to text him: “I just got to Surulere.”

“He didn’t pick up,” I informed Michael. I was feeling down and it was boldly written on my face.

“Uh-oh.” He said, moving his eyebrows up.
“Are you sure he’s not pranking you or something?” Michael looked me in the eyes.
“He wouldn’t do that. He tries no such thing with me.”
“Hmm. What if…what if.. You know..” Michael giggled.

My mind was probably exaggerating but it still felt weird. He told me he was going to be here and now he doesn’t even pick up his calls.
Honestly, a big part of me was extremely excited about this trip, especially because it was going to be my first time in Asaba and I would be with him the whole time. I felt girly and giggly during our call yesterday, the same way I felt back then in the first place. It was special, something unique. I don’t know how to explain it but it was like something clicked when we were together.

I met a couple of guys during my stay here in Lagos. Kenneth, Ade, Mfon, and others. I won’t forget to mention Charles. He taught me how to navigate through Twitter and that made me addicted to the app thereafter. Even when I spent more time with these names I mentioned than just a few moments I shared at the radio station with Frank, I didn’t feel what I felt for Frank for these guys.
The butterflies and the nervousness weren’t there. They didn’t make me laugh as Frank did. They weren’t that talkative or secure of themselves. I didn’t feel connected with any of them. I did have fun but that was it. Fun!

I was going to call Frank again and I realized I have a text message from him. Goosebumps instantly covered my back. I quickly checked the message:
“I'm sorry, Terry. These officers pulled my car over. They took my car. It’s a long story. Can you make it to my house? I’ll text you the address.”

I frowned reading his text. I decided to call back and this time he answered on the second ring.

“Terry! Did you read my text?” He asked right away, not even saying hi. I’m sorry, I know I said I was going to pick you up.”

“Don’t worry, Frank. What happened?” I asked, pointing to my phone, and walked a few steps away from Michael.
“Um, I parked my car at the place I shouldn’t have.” He sighed.
“Chaii…”
“So they towed my car. I had to locate their office and pay before I got my car back.”

“I’m so sorry about that, Frank.”
“It's okay. I’m home now. Are you still up for the trip?” he asked in a nervous voice, making me feel enormous.
“Of course, I am. I want some wedding cakes and rice.” I chuckled, trying to make him feel better. I understood the kind of emotional stress those gullible men in uniform had made him pass through. They are always mean and inconsiderable sets of uniformed men.

“Oh! Wedding cake? That’s not a problem. I’ll text you the address of my apartment.”
“Okay. See you in a bit.” I said right before hanging up, and walking back to Michael.
“Take a cab. I’ll pay.” He sent a text.
“Terry, what’s next? Is he around here or on his way?” Michael asked, feeling worried.

“Um, change of plans.”
“Change of plans? How?”
“I will have to meet him at his place and then we hit the road. He had a little-ish with those road safety men.”

“Oh! Okay.”
“Yeah! So we are taking a cab.”
“Nice. I will like to see his place. I hope he’s rich.” Michael added jokingly.
“Please, don’t embarrass me there, that’s all I ask.”

We busted into laughter.

We found a cab. I gave the address to the driver and we set off. It still feels strange to me. I’m going to follow him to Asaba. I can’t believe I am going to see him again. I was pretty nervous.
"Will I have fun with him like I did the other time? Has he changed?”

I was suddenly realizing how much time we are going to spend together. Three days and two nights or so. That’s a lot of time compared to the moment we shared when we first met. It’s really crazy like I was going on a trip with a total stranger.

“So you’ll be coming back to Lagos to pick up your things after the trip?” Michael asked me, waking me up from my thoughts.
“Yes, once we are back. I’ll be leaving Lagos finally the following week.”
“How time flies! It feels like yesterday. I remember when this service of a thing began.” Michael said, remembering how the journey began, how we met, and how one year seemed like one week.

“We are almost close. The house is around the corner,” announced the driver.

After a couple of minutes, he stopped in front of a big black gate rounded with a tall painted fence.

“We are at the place,” the driver announced and I nod my head, taking my small bag out. It took like forever because I couldn’t find it in the other bag I was carrying. I finally found it and brought out money to pay. I was about to pay before Michael interrupted. “Terry, I think he’s here,” Michael shook my hands and I looked up.

And there he was standing by the gate, wearing a long sleeve and jean trousers. His entire outfit speaks volumes of whom he is, a musician!
Wow! So this is real. This is actually real. I’m finally here.

The driver took the payment and then Michael said something, he whispered something but I didn’t quite hear him.

“No, no, I’ll take care of it.” Frank came, handing the driver two thousand naira. So the driver handed me back my money. I was still looking at Frank from my spot.
“Thank you,” said the driver as he took the money.
“Hi, Terry, how are you?” said Frank.

I felt paralyzed. I couldn’t stop looking at him. It felt just like when I first saw him. I know better so I decided not to speak just now. If I do, I will probably stutter and I didn’t want that to happen.

“How was your journey?” he asked and that forced me to move and say something, but for some reason, nothing came out.
What is happening to me? Say something!

“Hey, man! Nice to meet you. I’m Michael.” He extended his hand for a shake.
“Nice to meet you, too. I’m Frank.”

They shook hands and finally, I began to lose the tension inside me.
Frank seemed to understand I was kinda shy, so he stole a glance and smiled.

“I should be going now.” Michael looked up at me. “Take care of the lady, Frank,” he turned to Frank.
“I will.” Frank moved to hold the gate open for me.
“Please, call me when you get back home.” I hugged Michael and stylishly squeezed the money in my hand inside his pocket. He then entered back inside the cab.
“Take care of yourself,” Michael said.

“I will. Thank you for coming with me.”
“No qualms. Don’t forget to use a condom!” Michael popped his head and said.
“Yes, sir!”

We all laughed. The cab driver too. He then zoomed off on the tarred road.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is Mr. Frank, the music man. His smile was infectious. I smiled back.
“I like him. He seems fun.” Frank said as I stepped in. He was referring to Michael. He shut the gate as soon as I walked in.

A white modern house was before me. It has big long windows that give you chance to see everything inside.

“Your apartment is nice.” That’s all I said in a low voice, twisting my fingers.
“Thank you, Terry.”
“Hold the key let me get my bag.” He went inside while I leaned against his navy blue Avalon.

My mind doesn’t seem to process all of this. Being inside his apartment, with his car keys in my palm. A car that probably cost millions of naira. And about to go to Asaba with him. It seemed totally insane.

“Missed me?” He suddenly appeared at my side making me scream.
“Ouch! You scared me!”
“I'm sorry.” He laughed and took the car keys from me.
“So, should we start going now?” He scratched the back of his neck.
“Yes, of course.” I swallowed hard.

He calmly opened the front door for me. He probably shouldn’t have done that for me but I still didn’t mind his kind gesture. I sat in the front seat and buckled my seat belt, waiting for him to enter.
I still can’t believe I was with him, in his car, about to leave for a road trip. He then hops in, buckling as well.

For almost a minute we didn’t say a word. There was a cloud of tension between us but for some reason, it doesn’t feel awkward.

The first day, I was the nervous one but then we both were. Why? I don’t know, but it made my cheeks rise. I missed feeling this way around someone, and something tells me he felt the same way, too.

I turned to look at him slowly—only to find him staring back. He quickly averted his eyes, clearing his throat and placing his hand on the wheel.

“Let's get on our way.” He licked his lips, turned the wheel,l and drove out of the apartment.
“Asaba, here we go!”

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer
_______

Don’t be a ghost reader

✅ Check the Comment Section to answer the questions correctly and stand a chance to win 1GB of Data.
_____

Follow me up on Facebook
@ Frank The Writer

4 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by jullyrosy(f): 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2022
Next pls..

Frank, hope dis one isn't a short story

2 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by osuolale95(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2022
I hope this is not Bahuballi? Just joking!!! Let go...
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Typicool8(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2022
frankwriter:
Adventures With Theresa��

Episode 1

It’s been a while since I started feeling incomplete. I can’t really tell the reason, it just happened. There were nights that I didn’t write down lyrics on my notepad. There were days I had inspiration but zero vibes to pen them down.
This brought a lot of pressure onto my plate. I needed time to think everything through. I’m used to being around my crew members and touring with them, not only as crew members but as friends, doing my music stuff. I definitely need a break. Maybe that’s what I will do now.

This music of a thing ain’t as easy as it looks. Especially here in Nigeria where a lot of competitors rise every day. Maybe I’ll take a holiday for some time or probably go for a vacation and cool off and not think about music for a while. On second thought I haven’t taken a break before. I was really focused on composing and recording new songs.

I barely feel happy these days. Nothing makes me feel better. Nothing!
I sat down and relaxed on my Avalon having random thoughts about my diminishing music career. It was on a cool Friday evening and I have just closed for the day. I took out my phone from my pocket and immediately I placed my hand behind it, it unlocked.
My mom was the first thought that ran through my mind. I was already on my dialer and I dialed her number which was among the recent calls.
It's always her all the time and it’s looking like I call her much lately.

But the truth is I miss her. Mom was the only that could make me feel better. She has always loved me unconditionally. She’s the only person that can make me feel one piece even in the darkest times. She answered at the first ring, and her voice instantly made me smile.

“Frank, how are you?” Came her ever-calming and soft voice I have been waiting for your calls,” she added.
“How are you doing? And how’s everyone at home?”

I have really missed her so dearly and can’t wait to see her again. She always brings my mood up each time we talked on the phone.

“Everyone is fine, and we all have been busy lately.”
“Busy? What are you people up to this time around?”
“Frank! Are you really asking me that? Your uncle’s wedding is next week. Have you forgotten?”

“Wedding? My uncle? You mean Uncle Jude is finally getting married? Wow!”
“Hmm.. what is wow? So you haven’t spoken with him? I thought your siblings already discussed that with you,” she yelled on the phone. I could almost picture her facial expression.

“No mom. They never told me anything about wedding. Besides they barely call unless I call them.”

“I thought I overheard your sister the other day telling you on phone.”
“No. She wasn’t talking to me. Maybe she was probably discussing with someone else. When is the wedding?”

“Next week Saturday, that’s more reason I’m surprised nobody told you about it.” She answered but I heard another voice in the background.

“I will call you later. I’m with my tailor.. there are a few adjustments she needs to do to my dress. Will you meet up to join the wedding?”

“Of course, I should be there. You know how my uncle would react if he eventually didn’t see me there. He will be u happy if I don’t come.”

“So you are coming? That’s okay.”
“Where is the wedding?”

“Asaba. The wife-to-be is a Ghanaian.”
“Wow! Jude is getting married to a Ghanaian girl. God! What have I been missing? I can’t wait to come around.”
“No problem. We’ll talk better when you come.”
“Alright, mom. Thank you.”

“Erm, remember you promised us a wife soon. We are still waiting,” mom added jocularly and we busted into laughter.
“Are you expecting me to come with anybody?”
“You already know what to do.”

She hung up.

This woman already wants a grandchild from me. I’m just 33. I can’t believe my uncle is getting married. He’s almost 60 years old but he still has a young spirit. I wonder who the lucky girl could be. So Nigerian girls didn’t suit him that he decided to marry a Ghanaian. I really can’t wait to ask him this kind of question.
I held my steering and turned on the ignition. The only thing that kept ringing in my head was the last thing mom said. I felt she already want me to get married as her only son and first child as well. She probably didn’t want me to marry late like my uncles.

Damn!

That’s another thing I have to work on. I haven’t really been stable with anyone in a long time. I have been jumping from one girl to another for the past few months. It’s not something I’m even proud of. Having a new girl every month ain’t the kind of life I want but I’m just not happy with any of them. The ones I have met are just so fake, especially Cynthia. If there is another word better than being fake, I think that’s what they represent.
Maybe I’m just unlucky with them. Fake plastic girls with no manners. More focused on looking good for the cameras than taking care of anything else. Always on Tiktok and SnapChat.

Well, not my fault. I really tried. I bet they weren’t my type and didn’t match my energy. For some reason, they don’t understand me, the real me. They only try to impress me. I can’t wait for the day I find the right girl; one that has something upstairs besides being obsessed with Tiktok and makeup. I would give anything to just have a good conversation while I hold her to sleep caressing her hair as I sing her a love song.

Damn! This is just a fantasy. I’m f*cking alone.
Where do I get a date? The wedding is in a week. I should be leaving Lagos for Asaba before Thursday or latest Friday morning if I want to arrive on time to spend time with my fam.

I wouldn’t take a random girl and introduce her to my mom or family, let alone think of the ones I have dated previously. Not even going to happen!

When I drove into my apartment, it was almost 8 pm. I had been stuck in Lagos traffic. Lagos and traffic are like tea and bread. It’s usually horrible and hectic during the weekends.
I got upstairs and took a cool bath. Aside from music I was into other several businesses that generates money I used in fueling my music career. If my dependence had been only on music, I would have gone back to the farm in my village.

After making myself noodles for dinner, I sat on the sofa in the living room staring at the TV. I felt the calmness and loneliness of my space. I don’t like being alone.
That’s why I always end up with random girls late at night. Definitely not this time. I need to find a date, a serious one this time.

Mentally, I ran a list of possible dates I could bring. There is Lucy, the last time I saw her was probably last month and we didn’t end up on bad terms. That’s a good thing. Yet she’s still not the girl I would want to introduce to my fams. Lucy is the guy's type with numerous followers on IG. She’s a model as well. Most of her pictures are too revealing! Nothing to hide anymore.

I stood and walked towards the window and lean against the wall.

There is Cynthia, the chubby girl I met at a particular night show in Abuja. Well, now that I think of her, she’s definitely not an option. She’s a nice girl but she threw her phone at me when I later told her I didn’t want anything serious. She’s that crazy and weird type. We didn’t end in good terms.

I then walked from the living room to the bedroom. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment. I always do that often and sometimes I rehearse my lyrics before the mirror. On other days I prophecy good things to myself.

An image of a pretty damsel returned to my mind after so long. A beautiful laugh and the most irresistible lips on earth. I remember her, Theresa, (Terry). The girl with the most unique personality. I had forgotten about her.

“Damn!” I groaned, now remembering the promise I didn’t keep. I promised to call her the day we met, but I never did. I actually forgot. I remember vividly I met her on a radio station that morning after I had an interview session. I remember the entire conversation we had. She was serving in Lagos and would soon round up.

F*ck! How did I forget Theresea? I remember I opened up about my life to her. Something I never do. Why did I even let that happen?

This has to be a signal and I have a better reason to call her, at least I have to try. I have missed a girl like her, so carefree and sincere. I will just call her right away. She’s the one I want to take to the wedding. Yeah, she is.

To be continued…
© Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

If you are following, drop a comment let me know if I should continue here.

Do well to follow my Facebook page
@ Frank The Writer

Continue
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2022
Episode 4

❌ Do Not Copy or Repost ❌

~ Theresa's POV ~

Silence stood between Frank and I as he drove through the streets of Lagos. That gave me time to inspect the space around me. The car looked nice and smelled like a new one. The cream leather seats looked almost untouched which made me wonder how many times he had driven the car.

While he drove, I couldn’t help but check the view outside. I haven’t really had the chance to explore Lagos yet — at least not fully. The first week I arrived was the only time I had time to visit a relative who lived in Mushin. It wasn’t enough to say I have visited places in Lagos.

The street was full of people and there was a bit of a traffic jam. It was around 10 am.
He stopped at a red light and I heard his hand full of rings slide along the wheel. I felt his eyes on me which made me blush slightly but I still kept my eyes focused outside.

“You have changed.” He finally said, breaking the silence in the car. It took my attention, so I slowly turn to look at him, a shy smile on my face.
“How?” I asked, placing a flick of my hair that was covering my face behind my ear.

“Well, you look different, in a good way.” He moved his hands to where mine was, placing my hair behind my ear for me.
“You look serene, happy.”
“Thank you,” I said shyly, biting my bottom lip.

He dropped his hand to my shoulder, moving his fingers there.

“Your hair looks different. It’s lighter and it suits you.” The traffic light turned green, so he drove past.

I blushed slightly at his words, taking a look at him. “Your hair is different too. Even though it’s difficult to tell because of the cap.”
“It's shorter, right?”
“Yeah, I cut it reverently.” Frank Shook his hair with his hand but it didn’t let him do it properly.

“Are you trying to hide from someone?” I chuckled moving my eyes front. “The cap and the sunglasses seemed like you are trying to hide.”
“Well, not really.” He laughed and took off the cap and threw it at me. He ruffled his hair and pushed it back. “Better?”

I looked at him once again, a smile forming on my lips. He does look better without it; you could see his face better.

“Yea, you look better now,” I simply said, taking his cap in my hands.
“Why are you trying to hide?”
“Well, I don’t want to bring much attention.” He held on tight to the wheel. “Especially not when I’m about to be on the highway for hours,” he added.

Then the car went in silence again. It was weird to be quiet around him when the conversation seemed to flow naturally last time. Not like there wasn’t a topic, it was just that for some reason, we were nervous around each other and I didn’t understand why. I decided not to give much thought to it, letting my mind go somewhere else.

Suddenly my stomach grumbled. I put my hand over it hoping it wasn’t loud enough. All of the nervousness made me forget I didn’t take breakfast. I was hungry. I took a look around the car but I didn’t find any sign of food or snacks.

“Do you have any food in here?” I turned my head to the backseat but there was nothing there either.
“No,” he responded, glancing at me. “Are you hungry?’
“What kind of trip is this if there are no snacks?” I looked at him holding a giggle. “We have to get some food,” I added.

“It does sound like a good idea.” He gave me a smile turning the wheel.
“There’s a filling station a few meters from here. We can stop there.”
“Alright, no qualms.”

In less than five minutes, he parked at the filling station. It looked like we were out of Lagos State already, so I asked him and he said: “We are in between Lagos and Ogun State.”

I unbuckled my seat and got down of the car, and opened the back seat to grab my purse from my other bag, and also my phone. I forgot it earlier.

“We need to hurry up,” Frank said, standing beside me. He looked down at my hand. “You should leave that here I’m paying.”
“Oh, no, we are not having this conversation.” I shut the back door.
“But I invited you. You don’t have to pay for anything.” He said while following me inside the shop.

I walked straight to the snacks area and grabbed a bag of chips and two packets of something that looked like cake. He held a medium size bread and a can of alcoholic drink. He then followed me to the end of the aisle.

“You are underestimating my appetite, Frank.” I chuckled, grabbing a shortbread. “I eat a lot, I’m not letting you pay for everything.”
“Let me help you with that.” He grabbed a basket and puts everything in my hands inside.
“So what about.. if we pay half each.” He suggested.
“That sounds cool," I said, walking back to where the drinks were.

He stood beside me checking the drinks with me. I saw different brands of soft drinks but couldn’t grab anything yet. I could feel his eye on me as I moved, it made my cheeks rise. I can’t tell why but I liked the feeling. I didn’t feel that nervous around him then, maybe because we were in public. Being around food also helped.

I stopped walking and finally grabbed two bottles of water. I didn’t feel like drinking soft drinks because of the side effect on menstrual cycle. When I turned around, I found Frank a few steps away from me with a bottle of wine in his hand.
“What are you doing?” I asked while placing the water inside the basket he was holding.

“You like wine. Don’t you?” He asked, placing the bottle inside.
“Yes, I do,” I said with a shy smile. “Wine is never a bad choice. I think we are missing something.”
“What's that?” He asked, standing right in front of me, looking at me through his sunglasses.

I didn’t respond right away. I looked up at him seeing myself in the reflection of his glasses. I remembered his beautiful and sexy eyes but the glasses didn’t let me see them. So I slowly move my hand and took the glasses off. He allowed me, moving his lips to a side forming a half smile. I could feel my heart beating fast in my chest.

And there they were, those sexy eyes. I bit the inside of my cheek at the sight. He really made my knees weak.

“Cho—chocolate,” I finally said, putting the glasses in the pocket of his flannel. “I need chocolates.”

“Okay. Let’s get you some then,” he smiled at me, letting me pass first.

I walked past him to the cashier where all the candies were. I took a bunch of different chocolates and threw them on the counter. Frank placed the basket on it and emptied it. The cashier looked at us with a strange look and I had to hold my laugh at his expression. It was a lot of junk food.

“Can you get one Fan milk ice cream for me?” He said to me with a smile. “Chocolate and milk flavor.”
“Okay,” I said, walking to the fridge and taking the first flavor I found.

Walking back, I found Frank handing his Atm card to the cashier. I walked fast enough to reach him but it was too late.

“Nooo!” I dropped the ice cream at the counter but the cashier was already sliding the card into the machine.
“But we agreed on paying half each.”
“You were taking too long.” He looked at me biting his bottom lips. This fo*l, he totally played me with that ‘fan milk' thing.
“C’mon, it’s no big deal.”
“It is!”

I grabbed a bag and started packing everything, rolling my eyes at him. I wasn’t really mad at him. I just don’t like when people pay for everything.

“Now, you’re not going to touch the ice cream as a penalty.”
“No qualms. If that will make you happy.” He smiled.

He took the bag and we walked to the car. “After you my lady,” he opened the front door for me. He then placed the bag in the back seat, giving me time to round the car and hop in. Just when I was about to sit, I noticed two girls approaching our direction. Frank noticed them too and turned to see what they were up to. The girls were smiling.

“That’s Frank. He’s the one,” I heard one of them say.
I turned at him and he had an expression I couldn't explain.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer
______

Don’t be a ghost reader

✅Check the comment section to answer the questions that follows and stand a chance to win 1gb of data.

______
Follow me on Facebook to participate

@ Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by osuolale95(m): 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
Here we go...

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by osuolale95(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
Abeg give us something to read!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
Episode 5

~Theresa's POV ~

“Oh! My God. Hi Frank! We are your fans!” Said one of the girls who was nervous. She was literally shaking. I guess she must be a teenager. Both were on trousers and crop tops, even in the cold weather.

“Hey! How’s it going?” He gave them a quick hug to each of them.
It was a new side of him I didn’t know.

“Can we take a selfie with you?” she asked, taking her phone out with shaky hands.

“Sure!” Frank politely accepted, posing between them.

The girl took the snap and took a step back, staring at her phone.

“Thank you so much. You are so humble.” The girl said holding her friend.
“It’s okay. You guys should take care.” He bid them goodbye and hopped on the driver’s seat, closing the door.

When he ignited the car, I was already eating the ice cream. I was so hungry. My mind was still by the scene that just happened in front of me.

“How come you never told me this part of you.”
“What part of me? He glanced at me, he seemed surprised.
“Are you this popular or what?” I took another spoon from the ice cream. He laughed. “I'm not popular like you think.”
“So how come they recognize you but you barely know them?” I took another spoon to my mouth, looking at him while he drove.

He tried to say something but nothing came out of his mouth.
“So you actually want to finish the ice cream?” He said and I chuckled. I felt bad for not sharing work with him.

“Um, do you want some?”

He glanced at me with a smirk on his lips. He just nodded and took the cup from me, taking a full spoon to his mouth.
“You know…” He said after a couple of bites. “We didn’t greet each other today. Not even a small hug.”

I took a moment and realize he was right; it made me giggle. I was too nervous and too focused on the fact that we were in the same place that I forgot to do so.
He did say hi to me but nothing else, not even a handshake. I took the ice cream from him and another spoonful.

“You are right.” I chuckled, placing the spoon on the cap.
“Hi, Frank,” I said, laughing.
“Hi Theresa,” he laughed and turned to look at me.
“Long time no see.” He continued.

I said the same thing and giggled, looking at him. His sexy eyes looking back at me. It made my heartbeat accelerate but I managed to stay calm.

“So should we hug now?” He asked, opening his arms but I went back to my ice cream.

“I’ll think about it first,” I said, hiding my laugh.
He slowly moved his arms down.
“Huh!” he huffed, surprised, returning to his driving.
“Alright, no problem. That didn’t hurt me.”

“Good. You can claim your hug later.” I said hiding a giggle, moving the spoon to my mouth.
“My heart is not broken,” he said in a funny voice, acting hurt, which meant the opposite of what he just said. “My weak fragile heart,” he added.

“Want some ice cream to heal your pain?” I said jokingly, moving the spoon to his mouth.
He glanced at me with an eyebrow up, but then frowned with a pout on his mouth and shook his head. He looked very cute doing that.

“Okay. More for me.” I said with a winning smile, sitting back in my seat.
I finished the ice cream and placed the empty pint in the plastic bag, taking the water bottle with me. I drank a few sips to make the taste of the ice cream go away.

My eyes were on the road and I could see we were already out of Lagos State. The signposts and posters we drove past had Ogun State written on them. There were open fields and fewer buildings on both sides of the road as he drove.
The sky was turning a bit darker, just making me realize we have a long road ahead.

Frank had been silent, his eyes never leaving the road. I turned to look at him while he looked away. I was completely overwhelmed by being there with him and this still doesn’t feel real.

To erase some of the silence I decided to turn the radio on. I instantly regretted it because the volume was too loud, a hard rock song playing through the speakers, making me flinch in my spot.

“Oh! Damn!” I pressed a lot of buttons trying to lower the noise but I only made it worse.
“Wow! Here.” He finally pressed the mute button and then lowered the volume with the right key.

“It’s okay.”
“I just wanted to listen to some music— not that noise,” I said changing the radio station.

“Ah! That noise was my band.” He said awkwardly, smirking at me.
“Oh! My God.” I hid my face in my hands. I didn’t mean to call it noise. I’m…I'm so sorry.”
“You don’t have to apologize, that was a demo that didn’t make it to the album.” He explained to me. It wasn’t good enough, he added.
“Still, I should watch my words. Oh! God. I’m sorry.”

“You are quite a character, Terry,” He chuckled, moving his hand to the panel and changing the station. “Oh, this station is my favorite.” He said.
Instantly a piece of classical music started filling the space. A set of instruments played a thrilling beat.

“You really like this music. Don’t you?” I smiled at him, looking at him.
“I do. It relaxes me.” He said moving a hand back on his hair. His long locks kept falling over his face and he always push them back.

“Here, use this.” I took his sunglasses and place them over his hair, using it as a headband. “Better.”
“Wow, thanks.” He smiled, checking himself on the rear-view mirror.
“You look better with your hair pushed back,” I said in a low voice, loud enough for him to hear.

He suddenly glanced at me with his eyebrows up. “Are you flirting with me, Terry?”
“What? No! I’m not!” I opened my mouth, or was I?
“Well, I was only kidding. Thank you.” He smirked at me, turning his eyes back on the road. I kept silent for about a minute. I breathe deeply trying to compose myself. I turned into a wave of nerves when I was around him. And the worse thing is that I liked it. No one else made me feel that way.

After some minutes, there was a commercial break on the radio, someone speaking was promoting a play in theaters. I moved my hand to the panel and changed it to the next station. A song from The Weekend was playing and instantly I recognized it. I love this song.

“Wow! Turn it up,” Frank said and I did. I turned it up.

“And I know she’ll be the death for me at last…” He sang.
“The worst is yet to come,” I completed the lyrics for him.

He moved his eyebrows up at the sound of my voice.

“All the misery was necessary when we were deep in love.” He sang with spirit, feeling the song all the way.

“Yes I know, and I know.” I closed my eyes as we approached a bridge.
“She told me don’t worry about it,” she told me don’t worry about it. We both sang loudly, turning to look at each other.

“Woow!” Frank screamed in a high pitch, just like The Weekend does. He had such a nice pitch.

We finished the song and started dancing. I danced, moving my hair from side to side and laughing at Frank who was trying to dance as he drove. I moved my shoulder up and down and he tried to do the same but he failed terribly, making me chuckle louder. When the song ended, I felt the tension in the car as it went down. It totally helped us.

“That was good,” Frank said with a smirk on his lips. “You have a great voice.” He added.
“Aha, you kidding me right,” I looked at him, putting my hair in a ponytail.
“You are the singer here and a pretty good one.”

“Super story. Now, let's see if I can make you sing again.” He took the aux cord and took his phone out. It made me nervous to see him maneuver with the phone in his hands but he seemed like he could take care of it.

“You can try,” I said, giving up.

“Sure. I will.” He finally pressed play, Freddie Mercury's songs came through with a piano that followed.

Even if you are not in the mood, you’d definitely sing the song.
“You know what you are doing,” I said, getting ready to sing the song with all I have inside.

And so we did. We sang 'We Are The Champions Together' being loud and careless, even letting our voices break at the high notes.

For the first time in the short time we have been driving, I felt like the way we were back in the radio station.

Suddenly, we looked up at the same time, and guess what?. A big lorry was right before us. It seemed like the Lorry failed brake or something. I screamed! Frank turned and turned the wheel.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer
______

Don’t be a ghost reader.

________

Follow me up on Facebook
@Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Nuhskhut: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
Frank,na beg I beg you.let those guys be safe o.

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by osuolale95(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
Toooor!!!

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
Episode 6

Frank suddenly hits the break, making the bottle in my hand fall on my chest and my head hit on the side of the car. F*cking hurt.

“Jeez!” I screamed, holding my head and moving my eyes on the road.

“He took out a turn out of nowhere.” He yelled, pointing to the other driver and flipping him off, moving his eyes back to the road.
“Idiot!” He screamed at him.

“Oh! No, my head hurts,” I said, closing the bottle and moving my eyes down to my shirt. The back of my head hurt from the impact, and my shirt was completely damped.

Just today I decided to wear my favorite white shirt with my black trouser. I calmly put the bottle on the floor of the car and tried to think of what to do. I was wet from head to toe, even a part of my hair was wet.

“Oh, someone is wet here,” he said with a smirk on his face, glancing at me. “You should have told me you wanted to do a wet t-shirt contest.”

“Hahaha..You are so funny.” I said trying to dry my shirt a bit but it was worthless. “And don’t look at me! Eyes on the road, Frank.”
“Alright.” He moved one hand up apologetically, moving his eyes front. “You should change. I don’t want you to get cold.”

I took my jacket off and tried to use it to dry my shirt but once again it did nothing. The air conditioner wasn’t helping matters. It rather made my skin covered with goosebumps. Not to mention, my nipples were starting to show from the coldness.

“I’ll be right back,” I said putting my jacket down and unbuckling my seat belt.
“What are you doing?” He asked me with one eyebrow up.
“I’m about to change,” I said, turning around in my seat and standing up on my knees.

“You know we could stop.” He said as I put one knee on the arm seat and my leg in the back seat.
“That’s not necessary, just keep driving.” I let my body fall on the back seat, moving my other leg on this side of the car.
“Okay. I got it.” He said looking at me in the rear-view mirror.
“Do your thing,” he added.

We had been singing for the past half hour. Just old classic songs. From The Weekend to Justin Bieber, even a couple of Michael Jackson tunes. My mood noticeably changed. I was kinda shy at the beginning and but then felt completely comfortable. If felt good to act like this with him — so freely and carefree.

Singing definitely helps. It was nice to hear him sing different songs than the music he his band played.

“Take this,” he said, handing the water bottle back to me and I took it.

I then turned around on my knees and grabbed my bag from the back seat and sitting it down on the seat and opening it. I took a few shirts off and decided to wear a black simple T-shirt, just in case another accident happens and my bra decides to make an appearance. I threw everything inside and moved it inside, holding my shirt a bit up to take it off until I noticed Frank still looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

“What are you doing? Look away!” I said hysterically, moving my shirt down. “Eyes on the road!” I bellowed.
“Sorry. Go ahead,” he chuckled slightly, shaking his head, his eyes focused on the road.

“I can’t believe you. If I catch you staring again, I swear…” I took my shirt off rapidly with my back to him, grabbing the next shirt and unfolding it quickly.
“Nice bra,” he said and I blushed deeply, pulling the black shirt down.

“Frank!” I yelled at him and that only made him chuckle louder. Thank God I was completely dry and dressed.

“God…” I huffed, running my hand back on my hair.
“You haven’t changed a single bit.”

“What do you mean?” He asked amused while I returned to the front seat, one leg at a time until I was fully sitting down.
“You still like to snoop on people's privacy.” I looked at him and he smirked. He thought it was funny. “What's funny?”

“I just don’t understand the big deal,” He said with a smile, moving his hand to his lips.

“I mean people go to the beach in their bikinis all the time but they go crazy if you see them in their underwear.”
“I guess you’re right but…” I opened my mouth, finding myself out of words, but after a moment I said, “You want to know the meaning behind it?”

He simply nodded his headed and eyes on the road.

“Bathing suits and underwear are different things if you think what they truly mean.”

“Hmmm… It’s literally just clothes,” He said, moving his eyes to me for a brief moment. “They even have the same shape.” He added.

“Then think of it as something more.” I widened my eyes using my hands as I talked.

“Underwear means a form of intimacy. Not everyone gets the chance to see you in those clothes. They have to earn that right, that privilege.” I explained.

He stayed silent for a moment, taking his bottom lips between his thumbs and index finger, looking pensive. I had to look away. I really get distracted by staring at his face.

“Fair point, I guess you win this time.” He nodded his head at me, bringing a smile to my face. “I apologized for snooping on you. I haven’t earned that privilege yet.”
“Oh-no. It’s not going to stay that way.” I bit my bottom lip, moving my eyes to the window.

Just the thought made me blush and I knew it was impossible to happen.
“We’ll see.” He said with a smirk, making me blush deeper.

For some reason, my thought drove me back to that radio station, to all the gazes and moments we shared. It brought butterflies to my stomach. There I was with him again but somehow, I felt different. I wasn’t that nervous even when he was still the same person.

The first week I spent in Lagos with Michael was intense. I couldn’t stop thinking about the dude I met at the radio station, the boy with sexy eyes and a dreamy smile. The one that shared things with me that I know he doesn’t easily tell. It was hard for me to push him out of my mind but I managed to do it. Being rounded up with new things and new people definitely helped me, but still, he was always in my thoughts for a few months. Frank was just that person you don’t forget easily.

“You are quiet.” He said, waking me up from my thoughts, and making me move my head up which had been resting on the window.

“Yeah,” I sat back on my seat, grabbing my jacket and putting it on. It was kinda cold.

“Why? Thinking about something special?” He asked with a smile, but I stayed serious. I decided to just go straight ahead and asked him. After all, I had nothing to lose.

“Why didn’t you call, Frank?” I asked looking down at my hands and playing with my fingers. “Eight months is quite a long time.”

“Terry….” His expression instantly changed, running a hand through his hair, and taking the glasses out.
“Tell me,” I looked at him, speaking slowly.
“I…I waited for you, you know?” I confessed, feeling a weight on my chest.
“I thought we…I don’t know… I thought we connected or something.”

“I…” He breathed, tensing his hand on the wheel.”
“Just tell me the truth, like the old times,” I said, this time not moving my eyes from him. He looked nervous and tense.
“Even if you didn’t want to call me, just tell me.” I swallowed, biting my bottom lip. “I can handle the truth.”

“No, it’s not that. I wanted to… well, Terry you won’t understand.” He turned the car and stopped on the side of the road.

“You think I didn’t want to call you? After the things I said to you? After spending an amazing time with you? After…” He sighed, moving his eyes down. “I…I can’t do this.”
“After what, Frank?” I moved my hand and rested it on his thigh, I wanted to know what he got to say. “Tell me.”

He took long seconds to reply, but then he slowly moved his hand and held mine, sending shivers all over my body. My heart stopped moving at his touch. He squeezed my hand and turned to look at me. I forgot how his hand felt in mine.

“I can’t tell you.” He said, looking at me with his bright sexy eyes. “I just can’t.” He added.
“Why not? Is it some sort of a secret?” I said, looking at him.
“I'm sorry. I know I should have called.” He said, moving his eyes down, frowning a lot.

I stayed silent looking at him. He seemed like he wasn’t telling me the whole truth but I decided to not push it. Something inside of me made me move my hand to hold his face and moved him up to look at me. His expression softened at my touch. It made me smile lightly. My stomach twirling inside of me. All the feelings I felt back were returning to me. I looked directly into his eyes. They still made my knees go weak.

“It’s okay. I understand you have been busy,” I said, trying to comfort him.
“Come here,” he moved me closer to him, planting a kiss on my forehead.
“There's still a lot of things we have to talk about. We have enough time to discuss it as well.”

I nodded my head, returning the hug and feeling completely overwhelmed by the moment. He still smelled the same, his unique scent.
After a moment, we both let go, taking a deep breath and returning to my seat.

“The good thing is that I called, even after so long.” He said in a breath, holding the wheel and moving his hands along it. “But what about you? Why did you accept to come with me? After all, it’s been eight months, a long time indeed.”

“Well, I haven’t visited Asaba before. Let's say I want to explore," I said with a chuckle. He focused back on the road.

“And I missed you, you were fun last time, so I said to myself, why not.”
“I’m glad you accepted.” He said with a slight chuckle, a smile lingering on his lips. Going to a wedding alone is boring. Thank you for being my date.”

“My pleasure.” I smiled at him even though he wasn’t looking at me. “I still don’t know what to wear to the wedding. I’ll have to buy something.” I told him.

“Don’t worry you’ll have enough time when we arrive. I haven’t gotten mine as well. We will go shopping together.”
“That will be nice.”
“I’m sure my mom will be happy to see you.” He said with a smile gracing his face.

“Oh! Really. I can’t wait to see her too,” I said looking outside the window.
By the look outside, I think we had gone a far distance. We barely saw buildings, only small houses. The road was a bit free. It was the dry season and the road was dusty. Our trip was going well and I was so enjoying every bit of it with Frank the music man.

To be continued...
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

Meanwhile, my debut African Literature "No One Sleeps Forever" will be out on 1st of Dec.

Available on Amazon; ebook and paperback.

Follow me up on Facebook
@ Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by osuolale95(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
Okay!
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by emmanex2000: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good evening sir/ma,

Are you in need of a prompt, fast and professional ebook or course content writer, both fiction and non-fiction? If yes, I believe you've found the right person.

Haven written on different topics, non-plagiarised and with a high grammar quality, i believe I am cut for this.

My pay isn't high.It's negotiable.

If interested, contact me on 07012809662.
Let me make your next writing project a success with ease!!!
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Solexsafs(m): 10:47am On Nov 28, 2022
Hello

✨Welcome to my post✨

In need of a good writer that writes well researched and creative pieces or ebooks of different niches? Then you are in the right place.

Below are things that I'll provide you;

* Unlimited Revisions.

* Well Formatted, Edited and Proofread Contents

* Superfast Delivery.

* Free High-quality Images with all Packages.

* Transparency Free Content.

* Plagiarism Free Content and Sending of Reports.

* Friendly Communication.

* 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

* No Copyright Issues.

* High Quality Works.

Hence, to get all these benefits in a single piece of yours, DM @ 09071487956 or Email @ thescribe40@gmail.com ASAP

☺️Thanks☺️
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2022
Guys, I'm back to continue the story. Sorry for the break in transmission. grin
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:54am On Dec 24, 2022
Adventures With Theresa

Episode 7

Written by: Frank Frank The Writer

~Theresa's POV~

We were passing by Ore in Ondo State. It looked more like the other districts we have passed by, not–so–busy streets. There were filling stations and restaurants here and there. I looked at the map in the GPS on the panel and we still have a long way to go. The estimated time for us to arrive Asaba was in about 3 hours and fifteen minutes. That was a long way ahead.

The car was silent, for the past half hour, Frank was telling me about one great musician from South Africa he’s a fan of. He described his work in detail. He said he had plans of featuring him in one of his tracks in his incoming album, the perk of being famous, I guess. Frank said he might not be able to meet up with the required funds to feature him in his song.

He told me everything he learned from him, from the way he sings and how he collaborates with other African artists. I could see Frank really likes music. It was more of a passion for him. It reminded me of the time he told me that he was raised to play guitar in church. He talked about it with so much passion that it was entertaining to hear.

We were both quiet, and my thoughts kept me distracted. I was still wondering… Why did he invite me? He said it himself, it’s been eight months. I guess I just have to enjoy this road trip with him and not put much thought into it.
But I have to be honest with myself, just the thought of him thinking about me for the wedding made me blush. I really thought he forgot about me after our first meeting.

“Tss. Damn.” I heard Frank say from his seat. When I turned to look at him, I found him frowning with one eye closed and a gritted grin.

“What's wrong?” I couldn’t tell by his expression if he was in pain or just laughing at something. He moved his left foot tapping the floor of the car repeatedly as if he were in discomfort.

“I need to pee.” He said and then bites his bottom lips, scrunching his nose.
“Oh! I thought you were in pain,” I said.
“Yes, I am in pain.” He said to me holding onto his inner thigh.
“Um, we need to make a stop,” he added.

“A stop? Here? We are in the middle of nowhere.” I said moving my eyebrows up and looking at him.
“Unless you want me to pee on my trousers. We are making a stop.” He glanced at me right after turning the wheel to the left, leaving the road, and stopping the car right next to a field.

“Stay here.” he alighted from the car.
“Where are you going to?” I asked frantically as I saw him open the driver’s door.
“To pee!!” He answered me as if it was the most stupid question someone could have asked.

Then, he left the car, throwing the door on his way. I stayed inside with my mouth open, turning my head to where he was heading to.

He hid between some bushes, checking if someone was around. I stared with my mouth wide open. It was a hilarious moment.

“Are you seriously peeing there?” I asked as soon as I rolled the window down, feeling a few drops of rain hit my hand. He turned his head to look at me and blushed.

“Terry, I’m trying to pee!” He yelled from where he stood, making me laugh.
“If you keep looking… I won’t do it.”

“Oh! Really? Now, you know how it feels like when someone snoops on you.” I yelled back, hiding my laugh.
“So now we are even,” I said.

“See, if you don’t look away, I’m turning around.” He looked at me dead serious with his hands tucked in front.
“Do you want the full picture?” Frank said jokingly.

“Frank!” I yelled.

He laughed sheepishly and just when he was about to turn around, I quickly closed my eyes and moved my face the other way.

“Keep it in your trousers!” I said.

“Yes! I will, ma.” He smirked while going back on his business.

After two minutes or so, he returned to the car. He sat down and closed his door. He looked up at me, hiding a laugh on his face. I rolled my eyes at him, looking away. He was actually the Frank I remembered from back then.

“How does it feel to snoop on me?” He asked with a smirk on his face, opening the front compartment and taking a bottle of hand sanitizer out.

“Not cool at all,” I responded with a chuckle, looking at the bottle.
“You were about to flash me. I think it was fun.” He chuckled cheekily, placing the bottle back inside

“I think you have learned your lessons.”
“Oh, yeah, I did. Never doing it again.”
“Good.” He smirked at me, pulling down the lever brake. “Let's get back on the road,” he added.

Once the car was ignited again on the tarred road, he touched the GPS that was currently on hold. It didn’t turn on again. So I decided to be a great co-pilot and helped. I pressed the ‘On’ button a few times but nothing happened. After a few tries, it turned on but the screen was glitching and made it hard for me to see the map. I turned it off and when I turned it on again, the letters on the screen were Chinese. What the Bleep!

“Oh no!” I looked at the device not knowing what to do.
“What did you do?” Frank asked, looking concerned. A Chinese voice came out of the speakers making me frown in confusion.

“Nothing! I did nothing. I think it broke.” I confessed, pressing a few words and that made it to change the language; from Chinese to Portuguese. “Jeez!”

After some tries, I finally did it. I managed to change the language back to English and left the damn device alone.

“Finally….” He said.
“You should be thankful I’m here to fix your broken GPS,” I said with a proud smile on my face. I grabbed the bottle of wine from the bag and opened the small wrapper on top. “I deserve to have a drink.”

“You were the one that broke it in the first place.” He chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road.
“Still… I managed to fix it.” I finally took the cork out, taking the bottle to my lips.
“Cheers to me.”

“Cheers to you, I guess.” He chuckled once again, taking his bottle of water up.
“Don’t drink that much. I don’t want you to fall asleep.”
“Okay, that only happened once.” I looked at him gasping.
“And I was drinking pure Vodka, not wine.”

“Still….” He smiled, not even glancing at me.
“Save me some for later, when it’s your turn to drive.” He said.
“My turn to drive?” I moved an eyebrow up.
“Yeah. You weren’t thinking I have been driving the whole hours. Were you?” He glanced briefly at me.

I shrugged

“I guess it never crosses my mind,” I replied.

Then it occurred to me I once told him I was a badass driver and how I drove my family to church on Sundays. Remembering all those times my dad used to freak out every time I was behind the wheel.

“Well, you’re a girl. It’s understandable.” He said it as if it was the most common thing to say. “Girls just weren’t born to have good driving skills.” He added.

“Excuse me?” I punched his arm softly, keeping in mind he was driving. “We are capable of anything.”

“I'm just saying anyways…”
“If you must know, there are hundreds of studies on the subject. Just google it. Women are most dangerous behind the wheel than men.”

"Oh okay! You won." He said.
"Yeahhhhh.... I won! Women are not underdogs!"
"Okay, I agree. Well, I'm stopping right there. You'll take over from here." he said.

Immediately, a chill ran down my spine; frightening thoughts raced through my mind, and a haze of fear surrounded me.

To be continued...
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

IF YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET NOTIFIED WHENEVER I POST A NEW EPISODE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY Facebook PAGE
���

Frank The Writer

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Nuhskhut: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2022
Frank,where the heck have you been all this while.

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2022
Nuhskhut:
Frank,where the heck have you been all this while.

Sorry, I have been busy.
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2022
Episode 8

~ Theresa's POV ~

I couldn’t stand risking our lives on the express road, so I told him: “I can’t drive on the highway.”
Frank felt I had lied about being a badass driver but then I couldn’t stress it further. I simply told him that I haven’t driven on the highway before and that was the truth.

Well..well, I know I have been stressing about this trip so much. I only wanted to give you full details of everything that happened during our journey, but right now, I’m going to bridge the long story and tell you about our Asaba experience.

We arrived at Asaba safely around 6 pm or thereabouts. Frank suggested we lodge in a hotel and then go see her mom the following day.

The darkness of the room makes you use your other senses at their full capacity. The sound of the rain falling outside was the only sound surrounding us apart from our breathing. It was cold and humid, it made my skin fill with goosebumps. There was a faint smell of wet wood in the air mixing with the lavender of the sheets, and even from where I was I could smell his breath of wine coming out of his mouth.

We were quiet, too quiet for my taste. We laughed for a couple of minutes and then we just remained on our sides of the bed, not saying a single word.
He finished the bottle and was still holding it. I saw only the silhouette of the bottle resting on his knee while he made circles with its bottom.

“I like this place.” He said after long seconds of silence, his eyes looking front.

The room was dark but once your eyes get used to the darkness you could distinguish the furniture in the room.

“It's nice.”
“Aren't you used to staying in five-star hotels?” I asked leaving a yawn right after I spoke.

“That’s exactly why I like it.” He pointed out, glancing at me for a moment.
“It’s pretty cozy.” He said.
“Yeah, it is.” I secured the covers on top of me. It was pretty cold outside. I wonder why he was putting on a simple T-shirt and joggers.
“Aren't you cold?”

“Not that much. The wine heated me.” He said leaving a slight chuckle out.
“Well, that sounded wrong, but you can understand what I’m saying.”
“Oh dear, you must be tipsy.” I giggled, sitting up and shaking my head at him.
“I'm not tipsy!” He said a little offended, placing the empty bottle on the side table next to him.

“Just a little woozy.” He smiled.
“You technically drank a whole bottle by yourself without sharing,” I said looking at him in the dark. He looked back and even with the lack of light his gaze felt powerful.

“Stay here,” he said, sitting on the edge of the bed and turning the lamp on his side table up. He stood up barefoot and walked to the door.

“Where are you going?” I sat up as well, looking at him while he took the key to our room and opened the door. He grinned, hiding something behind his smile.
“I’ll be right back!” He said, winking at me and leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

I stayed in the bed for some minutes, just looking around the room. The room was really cold. Cream wallpaper, a painting of a landscape hung right above our bed, and a mirror in front of the small dresser that also reflected the painting.
In the corner, there was a chair with Frank's bag on top. The clothes he was wearing previously hanging on the back of the chair were neatly placed.

After another minute, I decided to stand up and went to the bathroom to fill a cup with water. And once again I found his things neatly organized in the bathroom. I found it cute how organized he was.
I wonder what he was doing out there and why he told me to stay back. When I walked back to the bed with the water in my hand.

Frank came in hiding something behind his back while he held two red cups in his other hand. I was still on my feet and was about to get on the bed. He giggled while closing the door and stepping inside.
“What’s funny?” I asked while moving the covers down, preparing him for me to climb in.

“Cookies.” He giggled again, looking at my shorts and holding his laugh. “Coo-keez!” He then said in the cookie monster's voice.
“You are drunk.” I rolled my eyes at him, hoping inside the bed and covering my legs with the covers.

“What did you bring?”
“Oh, um..” he suddenly remembered he was holding something behind his back. He then moved his hand front revealing an unopened bottle of wine.
“I brought this. I felt bad for not sharing with you.”

“Frank, it’s almost one o’clock,” I said with a chuckle. He climbed the bed from the bottom and sat in front of me looking at the header, handing me one of the cups.

“And so? The night is young. Live a little.” He said leaving his cup down and getting something from the pocket of his joggers; a corkscrew.

“Besides, you are going to love this wine. It’s one of the best in the country.”
“Well, okay. If you say so.” I gave up, waiting patiently until he opened the cork and filled both of our cups, giving me the bottle to place on my side table.
“How did you find it though?” He hides a chuckle moving his jaw to the side.

I moved the cup first to my nose, swinging the liquid inside to smell the wine. It smelled sweet. I tasted it; only a small sip. It really does taste amazing. It was so fruity and I was surprised it wasn’t a strong wine. I didn’t want to drink before but it made me change my mind suddenly.

“I'm sure you like it. Isn’t it?” He said with a half smile.
I nodded my head looking down at my glass. His proximity was kind of overwhelming but I didn’t think about it.
He started at me tenderly, making me flush, just by feeling his eye on me.

“Can I ask you something, Terry?”
I nodded my head once again, moving my eyes to him. His hair was dry and away from his face.
“What do you think of me?” he asked, taking me out of the base. I never expected him to ask a serious question like that.

“Um, what do you mean by that?” I ran my hand through my hair, placing it behind my ear, and taking a nervous sip of my drink. “What do you want to know?”
“I’m curious. You treat me differently from everyone else, there has to be a reason.” He said giving me a reassuring smile.
“I just want to know. And whatever you say, I promise to not get hurt.”
“Hmmm…”
“Yeah. Tell me.”
“Oh! Okay, but with one condition.” I moved one finger up.
“What condition?”

“You'll tell me what you think of me afterward.”
“Deal.” He moved his cup and took a sip, resting his weight on his hand and leaning his body back.
I took a moment to think. What do I think of him? It wasn’t an easy question. I really have to watch what I say. I surely didn’t want to give him the wrong response. I took a deep breath, getting ready to respond.

“I think you are….witty.” I moved my eyes to the ceiling not wanting to meet his eyes. A smile appeared on my face. “You always find an interesting way to answer anything. And also, you’re dorky. It’s an interesting combination for such a smart and outgoing boy.” I chuckled, moving my cup to my lips.
His sexy eyes were deep, never moving from mine.

“You are a true gentleman. Very attentive.” I smiled at him, feeling butterflies inside my stomach. “I think you’re a pretty awesome person,” I added.
“Really?” He grinned. His dimple appeared on the side of his lip. He took a moment, just smiling down at his cup.
“I have met a lot of people in my life and career and the move of them has defined me as you did.” He took a drink, moving his eyes away. It feels nice to be the good guy for once.

There was a hint of sadness in his voice that broke my heart a little. Somehow I understood what he meant. He lived a life full of people thinking he is someone else. I have been there, in a different scenario, but I understand what he said. It made me realize we were more alike than I imagined.

“Well, Frank, It’s your turn now,” I said moving my leg to indulge his.
“Okay, okay.” He sat up, moving his cup down and holding it between his legs.
He looked at me with a glare, pushing his lips to a side. He answered in just a couple of seconds, it didn’t take him long to reply.

“I think you are special.” He said, making the abused expression on his face erased, turning serious. “You are smart and funny in your clumsy way.” He chuckled and I giggled too. He was kind of right. “I think you are a free spirit. No one is going to ever tell you what to do because you would never pay attention to them. You are not insecure, it’s the best quality about you. It’s very attractive seeing that in a woman.” He looked deeply into me, making me swallow hard under his gaze. “I think you are unique. You have got me hooked on you since the day we met.”

His words seemed so real. They got inside my skin easily. He never broke his gaze, which doesn’t help me absorb all the beautiful things he just said to me.
In his eyes, I’m the person I have always wanted to be. It made me happy and sad at the same time because sometimes it’s hard for me to see it. It was too overwhelming, too much to handle in just a small moment.

“Wow! You are making me feel special.” I uttered.
“You look pretty when you are blushing.” He said with a smirk on his lips, taking the rest of his drink in a gulp. “Good to know I still make you all flustered.” He added.
“And here we go.” I laughed a little, shaking my head at him.

After a moment of just staring at each other, I started to feel just like back in the radio station when we first met. His scent and voice. He seemed irresistible even when I shouldn’t be accepting that. The alcohol was doing something to me. I couldn’t control my thoughts anymore.
He looked at me for long seconds. We didn’t pay attention to our glasses. I felt my heart beating fast in my chest, and my eyes suddenly moved down to his dark pink lips and then back up to his eyes.

My whole body was heated and by the look on his face, I think he felt it too.
I finished my drink in a gulp trying to numb the nervous butterflies in my stomach. He placed his almost empty cup on his table and I did the same with mine.
The silence in the room was tense. I sat up, looking in front at the reflection of the mirror where we both reflected. He was looking at me. I could see him through the mirror.

I turned to look q5 him, our legs were touching, and our chests were just inches away. He carefully moved his hand and placed it on my face, moving me a little closer so our bodies were fully touching. My throat was dried, my lips parting instantly in a gasp for air.

Shyly, his other hand moved to my lip, securing my body in a gentle touch. My heart was beating faster in my chest, breathing through my mouth trying to get oxygen inside of my lungs. He looked at me and then at my lip. He ran his fingers down, making my lip pop down and then back to its usual place. His touch was burning me, and I couldn’t crave it more.

“Can I—?” He breathed looking down at my lips— nervously, like asking for permission. But before I could say yes, he moved my face slowly closing the gap between us. Our lips crushed together in a swift movement, moving in synch slowly. He moved his lips carefully, very gently until I kissed him back.

My hand moved to his chest, realizing that this was happening. We were actually kissing. Our lips moved in synch, I moved my hand to the hairs on his chest and ran my fingers through his unruly hair. I felt his hand tighten on my hip.

Our tongues touched; it sent electric chills down my spine. His hand went inside my shirt and I ran my have down his back, the kiss was growing hungrier. We were kissing. I thought for a moment. I smiled but then, the tiniest bit of reason made me open my eyes.
This shouldn’t be happening.
“No, Frank…” I moved away after a second, realizing how stupid it was as much as I was enjoying it.
“I can’t do this,” I said and he stopped the kids instantly, pulling himself up from me.

To be continued…
© Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2022
Episode 9

~Theresa's POV~

“Is there something wrong?” he asked as he moved away and I moved to my side of the bed and sat up.
“Uh, I… Yeah, I don’t know.” I looked away, now realizing the rain outside was starting to dissipate.

“What’s wrong? Did I go too far?”

He rested his back on the header as well, looking straight at me. “I'm sorry, I definitely overstepped. I..I shouldn’t have done that.”
“No, it’s not that.”

I turned to look at him, a slight frown on my face.
“Is this the reason why you invited me?” I finally asked the question that was haunting me throughout the trip.

“Is this the whole purpose of the trip? To get inside of my pants?”
“What? Where is this coming from?” He said, frowning and moving an inch back.

“Why did you invite me? Why? It seems that now.” I bit the inner of my cheek while looming at him, and suddenly felt a harsh pain in my chest.

“Am I just a girl that fell on your game and gave in easily..the whole flirting”
“Terry! No! What are you talking about?” He looked offended but he still didn’t answer my question.

“Then why did you invite me? Just tell me.” I asked once again with pleading eyes.

“Or am I just another girl on your list that you want to score? Is that it?”
“God! Terry, what is wrong with you?” he sat on the edge of the bed, looking at me. “Are you listening to yourself? Do you think of me this too low?”

“Why are you avoiding my question? Why did you nvite me?” I asked for the millionth time “Just explain it to me! Because I’m sorry I don’t understand why. I’m literally a stranger to you.”

“I fell for you back then, Terry.” He said with frustration in his voice. He stood up from the bed running his hand back on his hair.
His confession made my mouth fall open.

“Damn! I was just trying to have a good time trying not to think about how I bleeped up for long because I didn’t call you. Is that a sin? To have a good time with someone that I thought was cool?” He threw his hand in the air.

“Yes, I didn’t call you but I couldn’t face the truth back then, Terry. But good to know what you really think of me. A womanizer, a ladies' man. If you really think that of me, you’re not so different now.”

I remained mute, just looking at him staring back at me. I felt wrong but I didn’t know the whole truth. But never in a million years, I expected that answer from him.

Him… failing for me?

Before I could reply, he took a pillow and started walking to the door, leaving me with my words in my mouth. I didn’t even know how to stop him.

“Where are you going to?” I asked, confused, looking at him already opening the door.
“To sleep somewhere else,” he said not even bothering to look at me.
“We leave first thing in the morning, be ready by then.”

Frank said and slammed the door, leaving me completely alone in the room. I was speechless.

Falling asleep the previous night was different. I couldn’t believe that I was left alone in the room, especially after what happened between us. I was confused but mostly hurt. It made me feel strange, guilty, even. Did I cross a line with him? Was I overreacting? I couldn’t tell.

I woke up to the sound of a door closing, making me half awake.
When I sat up, I noticed his bag was no longer there and that there was a slight smell of aftershave coming from the bathroom. I think he took a shower here recently without waking me up and then left the room. It was no longer raining as well.

Confused, I stood up from the bed and got my things, and decided on taking a quick shower before we leave. It was almost nine in the morning and he said we are to leave first thing in the morning. I should probably hurry.

His words from last night were still haunting me. He told me that he fell for me. It made me feel so bad because a part of me felt the same way back then. Was I wrong for asking him that question last night? I just wanted to know the reason why I’m here.

I mean, he didn’t answer my question exactly but his words were more than enough for me to realize I’m not just that another girl on his list. He didn’t just invite me because he wanted me, but because he cared about me.
Is It bad that I still want to hear that answer from him?

Yelling at me and leaving in the middle of the night especially after we kissed doesn’t tell me he cares.
It hurt me and it confused me too. I felt we have a lot to talk about. Why didn’t he call before? What does he mean by saying that he couldn’t face the truth back then? Why now? What changed?

It was hard for me to believe that he fell for me when he completely forgot about me. I just didn’t want to be the Terry from eight months ago all over again, that lost girl looking for a new beginning. I grew up a lot during these months, exploring the world and meeting new people, and finally finding myself.

I knew what I was and my worth. I knew what I want to do and where I want to settle. I didn’t want to back to those weeks of me missing a person that I only met once.
I didn’t want to feel heartbroken all over again. But I guess he was right to react the way he did. I guess it wasn’t the time to approach that question. I was a bit rude to him, he didn’t deserve that.

Being in his shoes, I totally overstepped by reacting like that. The alcohol in my veins didn’t help either, or the adrenaline ran through my body after that steamy kiss we shared.

Oh, how I missed his lips. Just that brief touch sent me to paradise.

He really made me confused and I still don’t know if it was a good or a bad thing. I guess I’ll have to figure it out on this trip. After all, I accepted to go with him to the wedding. I just couldn’t bail on him, and I didn’t want to, even after our little fight last night.

Finally, I got out of the shower and dressed up, brushing my teeth quickly and glancing at the clock, realizing we were about to leave. After wearing some perfume on me, I opened the door of the room, checking twice if I wasn’t leaving anything behind.

I got down and Frank was already inside the car, waiting impatiently. I hopped inside the car buckling my seat belt instantly. He didn’t even glance at me and it hurts me. Should I feel this way? This stingy feeling in my chest.

Soon enough, he started the car and drove away, getting on the driveway in no time. We were finally heading home to meet his mom and prepare for the wedding the next day, Saturday.

The car was completely silent, not even the low classical music from yesterday. I tried my best to keep my eyes focused on the road but the immense silence was killing me. The tension was almost cutting. Not even the moving cars, nor my phone could keep me distracted.

“You paid for another room last night?” I said, breaking the silence, and keeping my eyes on the window.
He didn’t respond. He just kept driving as if I didn’t say a word. I took a deep breath, feeling my chest closing slowly. I didn’t know why he acted like that. I was trying to be nice and erase how I was last night.

“How did you spend the night? Did you have any sleep?” I asked, moving my eyes to him. His jaws looked tense along with his hand pressed hard on the wheel. I was dying to see a different response from him. He never moved his eyes up and I sighed, feeling defeated.

“Frank, I want to apologize,” I began, wanting so hard to erase everything that happened last night, but even before I started speaking, he cuts me off.
“I don’t want to talk right now, Terry.” He said moving his jaw to a side, his jawline prominent from here.

“So don’t waste your time,” he added.
I looked away instantly feeling my eyes watering at his harsh words. I crossed my arms in my chest, feeling totally confused and sad, a little bit angry.
For the first time in the whole trip, I wish I never accepted the invitation. I hope these hours we have left pass out quickly.

I didn’t want to be trapped here next to someone that doesn’t want to talk to me.
I didn’t know when we finally arrived at his abode. He woke me up by moving my shoulder briefly. I didn’t even notice I had been sleeping.

Well, I needed it. If I had two hours of sleep last night, it was a miracle. I blinked a few times before being completely up. When I moved my eyes up, I found that we were parked outside a big mansion. It looked big with a modern design.
After stretching my arms, I looked at Frank, he was still wearing his shades but he look less tense and I was glad.

“What time is it?” I asked, yawning, still looking around the place.
“10:47 a.m,” he said

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

IF YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET NOTIFIED WHENEVER I POST A NEW EPISODE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY FACEBOOK PAGE
��

Frank The Writer

4 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by jupitre(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nice piece you've got here...
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by onwumereoluebub(f): 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
This is very nice bro....
Keep it up,anticipating more
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Keep it coming boss �
I don land gidigba
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Ann2012(f): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2022
Following
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by AdiscoPele: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
Following
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by AdiscoPele: 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
@Frankwriter, compliment of the season. Pls when should we be expecting updates

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / I Did Not Rape Christiana / High School Love: A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 291
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.