Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Interracial Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interracial Dating (2752 Views)

Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans / Interracial Dating? / Interracial Dating & Marriage ("Jungle Fever") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interracial Dating by joicee(f): 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,

Have you interracially dated before, in a interracial relationship at present or kinda considered it.
What did you friends, family say?
Share your experiences.
Re: Interracial Dating by ugodaniel(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2007
reads post, smiles smiley, smiles even more cheesy, humming sweet tunes and sayn "life's beautiful" grin
Re: Interracial Dating by uspry1(f): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2007
Yes I had been interracial dating in the past. My family has no object! I have several relatives who is currently in interracial long-term steady relationship (with cohabitation and raising children just like married couples) but I never seen them (my family/relative) are interracial marriages.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as this person respects my culture accepting who I am.
Re: Interracial Dating by chuckdee4(m): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2007
My interacial relationship was a disaster, she was an okay person but she had certain bad habits that put me off (Weed) aside that she was cool, just couldnt handle the weed, ever kissed someone who smokes weed, leaves a nasty taste in ur mouth, the colour was never a problem sha and she was easy going, its somthing i'lld try again but sadly i dont seem to get on too well with non blacks (I aint racist)

1 Like

Re: Interracial Dating by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2007
Great just be prepared to accept a different outlook to life.
Some of them are the most loyal girls you will ever date. Besides they wont press you for a commitment you are not ready for, i know a couple who are just willing to come around and do whatever you ask them to do. No stress, no unecessary nagging or whining and no RULES.
Re: Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2007
Yeah, wasn't a problem, don't think it ever will be a problem in my family just as long as he treats me right and we jive well. Problem though is that i seem to steam roll them, he has to be made of sturdier stuff to handle me.
Re: Interracial Dating by ugodaniel(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2007
iice:

Yeah, wasn't a problem, don't think it ever will be a problem in my family just as long as he treats me right and we jive well. Problem though is that i seem to steam roll them, he has to be made of sturdier stuff to handle me.

can you be more explicit please
Re: Interracial Dating by Balthier(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2007
I have always considered it as an option. Lets see I'm Haitian-American and my Gf is Indian, and the only issue my family brought up was religion. Of course in interracial relationships there are cultural differences, but religion is an issue that sadly can't be ignored. I just don't like when parents only want there children to date or marry someone of the same race, sounds pretty narrow minded.
I remember there was a Filipino girl in high school i liked and the only reason we couldnt date is because she didnt think her parents would like the idea of an her dating a black guy. Lol, we sorry next time im born ill check off a different race on the way out.
Re: Interracial Dating by ugodaniel(m): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2007
I remember there was a Filipino girl in high school i liked and the only reason we couldnt date is because she didnt think her parents would like the idea of an her dating a black guy

can you imagine, poor wretched filipinos. angry
Re: Interracial Dating by Busta(f): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2007
Yes, I have

and it was dating every other guy besides the colour difference undecided
Re: Interracial Dating by sisimose(f): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2007
ugodaniel:

can you imagine, poor wretched filipinos. angry

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Interracial Dating by whiteNkem(f): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2007
Yep. Did that. Had no problem. It's all good. Everyone's happy wink
Re: Interracial Dating by sisimose(f): 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2007
indeed cheesy
Re: Interracial Dating by chuckdee4(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2007
Balthier:

I have always considered it as an option. Lets see I'm Haitian-American and my Gf is Indian, and the only issue my family brought up was religion. Of course in interracial relationships there are cultural differences, but religion is an issue that sadly can't be ignored. I just don't like when parents only want there children to date or marry someone of the same race, sounds pretty narrow minded.
I remember there was a Filipino girl in high school i liked and the only reason we couldnt date is because she didnt think her parents would like the idea of an her dating a black guy. Lol, we sorry next time im born ill check off a different race on the way out.

Like they're any better, let me not get started, thats teh issue with interracial dating the reason why im sticking with the devil that i know (dudu)
Re: Interracial Dating by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2007
Balthier i want to tell you that interracial dating means nothing to me , as far as i am concern, i have had a lovely experience with different race, tribal sect in my country and will be glad to date you for you to experience the power of love that can not be substituted for any orm of Interracial dating or any other forms.
i give no damn about any reason why i will need to marry from my hometown simply because i must follow culture.
Re: Interracial Dating by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2007
Balthier i want to tell you that interracial dating means nothing to me , as far as i am concern, i have had a lovely experience with different race, tribal sect in my country and will be glad to date you for you to experience the power of love that can not be substituted for any orm of Interracial dating or any other forms.
i give no damn about any reason why i will need to marry from my hometown simply because i must follow culture.
Re: Interracial Dating by cuteass1(f): 12:36am On Mar 30, 2007
@ topic

the truth of the matter is that it works out for some and for some, it just dosen't work wink

some will say that the difference in traditions and culture makes the whole thing tiresome, because on some issues, they never tend to be on the same page.

For some the same difference is what strengthens them, because they always find a way to compromise or meet each other half way and it makes them feel stronger in the relationship for everyday that goes by cheesy

For some its the best thing that has ever happened to them cheesy, and for some it was their worst nightmare sad

it all depends on the individuals involved, one's got to be patient,enduring, tolerating and good at communicating to make it work
Re: Interracial Dating by popey(m): 3:12am On Mar 30, 2007
i want an ibo girl they are the most romantic and sexiest of Nigerian races .
Re: Interracial Dating by chuckdee4(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2007
popey:

i want an ibo girl they are the most romantic and sexiest of Nigerian races .

Thats ur prefernce, people's taste varies
Re: Interracial Dating by anyialora(m): 2:59am On Apr 15, 2007
david is what you are saying applicable to a german lady?
Re: Interracial Dating by anyialora(m): 3:01am On Apr 15, 2007
cute ass you have said it all,you spoke my mind.
Re: Interracial Dating by cuteass1(f): 3:03am On Apr 15, 2007
anyi_alora:

cute ass you have said it all,you spoke my mind.

wink wink cheesy cool
Re: Interracial Dating by OmoEko1(f): 6:21am On Apr 15, 2007
Well i dated this guy for 3yrs he was half Dominican and Black American, he was the sweetest thing ever, but it couldn't work out because we both have different cultures and views.

For examples when he comes to my house, he greets my mum by saying hey or hello but she felt offended by that, he complains his very disrespectful which he isn't.

Oh when he calls, he doesn't greet who picks up the phone but just ask if am round or not.

In another word Interracial Dating doesn't work at all.

I have an aunt that got married to a white guy, he  even  moved to naija because of her but the wedding this last more than 2yrs.

Interracial dating is hard.

Yoruba and Ibo doesn't understand each other culture, talkless of dating a foreigner
Re: Interracial Dating by outlaws(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2007
cool
Re: Interracial Dating by outlaws(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2007
cool
To Omo Eko:

Is this your way of apologizing to your Black bros. that you rejected them and decided to go with Mr. White? Apology not accepted. Now that Mr. White have used you and you have messed with him, I don’t think that any of the Black bros. out that you rejected are interested. Why don’t you go find another Mr. White?

“Yoruba and Ibo doesn't understand each other culture, talkless of dating a foreigner.”

Word.

I think that ‘s one of the smartest statements I have read in this forum. It’s like not thinking outside the box but thinking the box doesn’t exist.

I know a lot people wasting their money, time, energy, and doing all kinds of devilish acts by dating a white guy or lady. The fact is whether you like it or not the chance of the relationship succeeding is .5% or less out of 100%

If you disagree go figure.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Dating by OmoEko1(f): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2007
outlaws:

cool
To Omo Eko:

Is this your way of apologizing to your Black bros. that you rejected them and decided to go with Mr. White? Apology not accepted. Now that Mr. White have used you and you have messed with him, I don’t think that any of the Black bros. out that you rejected are interested. Why don’t you go find another Mr. White?
“Yoruba and Ibo doesn't understand each other culture, talkless of dating a foreigner.”

Word.

I think that ‘s one of the smartest statements I have read in this forum. It’s like not thinking outside the box but thinking the box doesn’t exist.

I know a lot people wasting their money, time, energy, and doing all kinds of devilish acts by dating a white guy or lady. The fact is whether you like it or not the chance of the relationship succeeding is .5% or less out of 100%

Point of correct i never said dated a White guy ohhhhhhhhh, i said my anuty married auntte guy becos i see u misunderstood what i said.
Re: Interracial Dating by outlaws(m): 5:32am On Apr 17, 2007
cool
To Omo Eko:

There was no misunderstanding. The only misunderstanding is that you think this furum is for kids that you can lie to and they will just take it without thinking.

Read what you posted again. Maybe you will rember the date. There is no point of lying now.
Re: Interracial Dating by nferyn(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2007
outlaws:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Where exactly did you find that .5% figure? I guess it must be somewhere the sun doesn't shine.
Re: Interracial Dating by aloib(f): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2007
who says filipinos are wretched, u wan wound!!!!! angry angry
Re: Interracial Dating by OmoEko1(f): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2007
outlaws:

cool
To Omo Eko:

There was no misunderstanding. The only misunderstanding is that you think this furum is for kids that you can lie to and they will just take it without thinking.
Read what you posted again. Maybe you will rember the date. There is no point of lying now.
Where in my post did i said i dated white guys, plz don't twist my words. what kind of nonsense is this angry angry angry angry angry, maybe you should learn to read better so u can understand clearly[b]. hissing and rolling eyes

Am sure there is a clearly difference bet Dominicans which are hispanic and white. angry angry angry

Who are u calling kids, abeg go and sit your retarded ass down. angry angry angry

People have better things to do rather than making up so stupid story to look good.[/b]
Re: Interracial Dating by IBDat(m): 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2007
Have dated interracially before, both White and Asian. It wasn't a problem for anyone except my mother who just had to ask the question as to whether i was serious. Aside from that people, friends, brothers, sister, father and hers were all cool with it.
The Asian one proved more difficult as her father was not prepared to accept it but everyone else including her mother was fine, but it wasn't a major as we both knew it wasn't going anywhere and it was her chance to be experimental & rebellious.
Re: Interracial Dating by evilmia(f): 12:52am On Apr 18, 2007
hey i am filipino, lol, Most filipino parents are extremely conservative and that is the main reason why they go ballistic when their precious children date men other than filipinos, tongue. interracial dating is fun and interesting, it is a mixture and blending of two cultures, grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Prefer Your Partner To Have Natural Body Odour? / Women Should Never Call Men Dogs Again! / Are Your Flaw(s) Obvious?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.