Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra (9240 Views)

On S Serious Note, Igbos Stop Including Niger Delta In Your Zionist Lesotho / Dr. Kingsley Obiora: Is Delta In South South Or South East? / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Get biafra with the same stupid and irrational citizens. Sure why not
If u bold enough give us ur biodata
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

How would biafra not have corruption and bad governance? Answer this.
by correcting every nigerian phenomenon in our constitution.

We would have a highly central system of govt...yet...the head of state will not easily becoming dictatorial because of cultural institutions.

Also we would only have few cities...so development would be easily seen. U cant be lying that u are building 2nd niger bridge and ppl in ibadan who have never been to onisha will be clapping for u wen no structure is on ground. If u say u are building it...u will show it or be disgraced out of office

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

They couldn't revolt during obj umy gej and pmb regimes. It is when they get their own nation they will magically revolt
yes...that is wat u dont know. U revolt against pmb and fulani ppl will start agitating...that wont happen in an igbo nation because we are one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I did it to show how racist you tribalist are.

I think this is th height of insults for daring to call igbo nation and igbo land in general tribalist......This is the height of insult to igbo land.....

Your plan to mortgage Igbo future to others won't work....

Is certified.....take note....This guy is enemy to IGBO RACE and igbo land in general......

but am assuring u the land and soil of igboland will reject u...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
by correcting every nigerian phenomenon in our constitution.
So a new president cannot do this?

We would have a highly central system of govt...yet...the head of state will not easily becoming dictatorial because of cultural institutions.
Bullshit. Nigeria has a central system of government. See where it got us with our culture. Cultural institutions that are outdated in today's world.

Also we would only have few cities...so development would be easily seen. U cant be lying that u are building 2nd niger bridge and ppl in ibadan who have never been to onisha will be clapping for u wen no structure is on ground. If u say u are building it...u will show it or be disgraced out of office
What? What about U.S.A? It is bigger than nigeria yet it works well. We are in the digital age. I know what is happening in Nepal on my phone so you have no point.
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
yes...that is wat u dont know. U revolt against pmb and fulani ppl will start agitating...that wont happen in an igbo nation because we are one
The same we are one where they call abakaliki fake igbo or anambra traders are foolish or imolites were fools to have supported rochas. All these from igbo men.

Finally, no nation can have one ethnicity. This is the age of globalisation. So stop clinging to the past (culture and tradition) and reach for the future
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I think this is th height of insults for daring to call igbo nation and igbo land in general tribalist......This is the height of insult to igbo land.....

Your plan to mortgage Igbo future to others won't work....

Is certified.....take note....This guy is enemy to IGBO RACE and igbo land in general......

but am assuring u the land and soil of igboland will reject u...
You are the only tribalist you dumbass
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You are the only tribalist you dumbass

My joy is that ur post has already proved whom u are.....enemy to igbo nation....and am happy others are seeing it.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:

My joy is that ur post has already proved whom u are.....enemy to igbo nation....and am happy others are seeing it.....
Hahaha
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by gidgiddy: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
Yes...u heard right. I dont want Biafra. If Biafra would be a collection of Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik, Ogoni, Igbo, Ejeagham etc...i dont want it. It would be a mini nigeria.

What I want is a Republic or Kingdom of Igboland. We would develop faster alone. If we ever link up with the tribes of SS to form a country, we would suffer the same things we have been suffering in Nigeria. We would go and be developing p.h, uyo and calabar... leaving our own Enugu, onitsha and aba.

We would also have a rebellion in our hands. The tribes of SS will see every Igbo move as a way of dominating them. Let everybody answer his papa name abeg.

We have everything we need in Igboland...we have smart professionals, Onitsha River port, international airport, fertile lands, a portable landmass that will be easily developed.

What we should how ever ensure (as smart politicians) is that if nigeria ever divides anytime in the future, that it divides along tribal lines. In that way, we will maintain our hegemony as a large nation...together with the Yorubas and the hausa-fula nation.

We must never allow a Republic of Niger delta to form...nor allow the middle belt tribes to form one nation. Let every tribe (or closely related tribes) stand on their own

I know that some people would rather have an 'Igbo only Biafra' rather than a Biafra that has other tribes in it. I'm open to either. However, having an Igbo only Biafra would cause certain problems.

1) There is hardly any state in the SS that doesnt have an indigenous Igbo/Igbo speaking population. From Igbanke in Edo state to Ika in Delta to Legbo in Cross River to Omuma/Etche/Oyigbo in Rivers. I even heard that there are Indigenous Igbo of Bayelsa although I'm yet to confirm this. A referendum has to cover the SS or we risk losing our brothers there.

2) If we are to pursue an Igbo only state then we cannot use the name Biafra. Biafra is about the various ethnic groups that live along the Bight of Biafra. If it is to be just Igbos, we will have to come up with a new name, new flag and the national anthem will have to be in Igbo. It would be like starting from scratch

3) An Igbo only country will create tension and boundary problems with the closest neighbours of Igbos. Although there is a general map of Igbo land, it is still not well defined

4) If we opt for an Igbo only country, what happens to the Ibibios of Abia? The Efiks of Ebonyi and the Igalas of Anambra?

An Igbo only country is not a bad idea but a general referendum based on states makes more sense because Biafra has never been just about Igbos. The last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong was not an Igbo man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

So a new president cannot do this?

Bullshit. Nigeria has a central system of government. See where it got us with our culture. Cultural institutions that are outdated in today's world.

What? What about U.S.A? It is bigger than nigeria yet it works well. We are in the digital age. I know what is happening in Nepal on my phone so you have no point.
but let me ask u one question.
We have tried one nigeria...it hasnt worked. We have had yorobà, hausa, fulani, kanuri, ijaw and idoma leaders...non has worked. We have sold coal, oil, agric products, we are still a shithole..we have tried military rule, tried democracy...nothing has worked.

Why dont we try to break up and go our way?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Hahaha

and I must remind u that the God igbos worship works in a mysterious....there is a sense the God igbos worship never sleeps.....

Bear this in mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Ojiofor: 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
I agree with u. We have everything that makes a nation. So moving forward, we igbos will have 2 choices.

1. Drop the biafra struggle entirely and become patriotic nigerians..

2. Drop the Niger Delta from Biafra. And continue the agitation as an igbo struggle

Igbo nation is a cool idea but you know what?
Nigeria will not allow it even if we limit the demand to current 5 SE states.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
but let me ask u one question.
We have tried one nigeria...it hasnt worked. We have had yorobà, hausa, fulani, kanuri, ijaw and idoma leaders...non has worked. We have sold coal, oil, agric products, we are still a shithole..we have tried military rule, tried democracy...nothing has worked.

Why dont we try to break up and go our way?
Because we have had bad leaders and bad mindset. Can't you get it into your head that being igbo or yoruba does not guarantee you being a good or bad leader. Get biafra and we will still have the same problem.

Your logic is also wrong as well.

South Africa could have split up because of apartheid, xhosa zulu Indians Dutch British everyone to their own land. They did not. They are currently better than us.

America had a civil war between those who wanted to abolish slavery and those who didn't. Did they split up after even when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated? No. Did Martin Luther King Jr call for all the blacks to secede from America when they were suffering injustice? No. He called for equality and even though he was killed he succeeded.

All these examples of nations with more than one ethnic population are successful. Nigerians be they igbo yoruba haulage or fulani or any of the 250 ethnic groups all suffer under Buhari. The northerners even suffer more due to Herdsmen and Boko Haram which kill hundreds and displace thousands.
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
gidgiddy:

I know that some people would rather have an 'Igbo only Biafra' rather than a Biafra that has other tribes in it. I'm open to either. However, having an Igbo only Biafra would cause certain problems.
great contribution as always bro

1) There is hardly any state in the SS that doesnt have an indigenous Igbo/Igbo speaking population. From Igbanke in Edo state to Ika in Delta to Legbo in Cross River to Omuma/Etche/Oyigbo in Rivers. I even heard that there are Indigenous Igbo of Byelsa although I'm yet to confirm this. A referendum has to cover the SS or we risk losing our brothers there.
we already have a working map of igboland. So if we are asking nigeria for a referandum, we would be asking it for the boundry of the map we are working with. The referandum will be done at the local govt or ward level in order to capture where we want.

2) If we are to pursue an Igbo only state then we cannot use the name Biafra. Biafra is about the various ethnic groups that live along the Bight of Biafra. If it is to be just Igbos we will have to come up with a new name, new flag and the national anthem will have to be in Igbo
exactly. We can call it Igboland. It could be a republic or a kingdom...depending on wat we agree. The current biafra flag may be modified a little and the anthem can always be written by great igbo writes and translated in english

3) An Igbo only country will create tension and boundary problems with the closest neighbours of Igbos. Although there is a general map of Igbo land, it is still not well defined
if we get a referandum with the map we are working with....then we would accept the out come. Any igbo sub group that votes not to join...we will remove there territory from the map and redraw the final map. Once land tension start, we deal with it through legal means

4) If we opt for an Igbo only country, what happens to the Ibibio of Abia? The Ego is of Ebonyi and the Igalas of Anambra?
They would be part of it...but if they opt out, then we see how we can carve them back into nigeria...but we would 1st diplomatically ask them to stay with us.
An Igbo only country is not a bad idea but a general referendum based on states makes more sense because Biafra has never been just about Igbos. The last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong was not an Igbo man
yes..but if we truly want to get biafra, then we must sacrifice and make it an igbo affair. Igbo is recognised as an indegenous nigerian tribe. We can show that igbos have suffered many genocide in nigeria in the hands of the north...biafra is not recognised as anything. We cant push biafra but we can push igbo.

And believe me...if we know wat we are doing, we would get at least authonomy within nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:

[s]and I must remind u that the God igbos worship works in a mysterious....there is a sense the God igbos worship never sleeps.....

Bear this in mind[/s].
Trash. God that cannot kill Buhari is that one God? And keep worshipping a foreign God.
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Because we have had bad leaders and bad mindset. Can't you get it into your head that being igbo or yoruba does not guarantee you being a good or bad leader. Get biafra and we will still have the same problem.

Your logic is also wrong as well.

South Africa could have split up because of apartheid, xhosa zulu Indians Dutch British everyone to their own land. They did not. They are currently better than us.

America had a civil war between those who wanted to abolish slavery and those who didn't. Did they split up after even when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated? No. Did Martin Luther King Jr call for all the blacks to secede from America when they were suffering injustice? No. He called for equality and even though he was killed he succeeded.

All these examples of nations with more than one ethnic population are successful. Nigerians be they igbo yoruba haulage or fulani or any of the 250 ethnic groups all suffer under Buhari. The northerners even suffer more due to Herdsmen and Boko Haram which kill hundreds and displace thousands.
ok...u have told me those who didnt break up.. wat about those who did? Ussr and yugoslavia..they are better off now.

We have bad leaders because of ethnic bias and the nigerian bad system...which also stems from ethnic bias.

Kenya is rising fast..things are happening all around us..its time we go into our cultures seperately and bring out the best in us. The world is tired of waiting for africa to get past tribe and religion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ojiofor:

Igbo nation is a cool idea but you know what?
Nigeria will not allow it even if we limit the demand to current 5 SE states.
they have no reason to allow or disallow it currently. There is simply never been any OFFICIAL call for referandum by our igbo leaders. And we have not become a security threat.
And neither have we shown persistence
But history tells me that one day..nigeria will reach the tiping point. And it will start from the west
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by OMANBALA1: 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ignorance , arrogance and lack of public etiquette was at the root of the fall of Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB followers. Nnamdi Kanu of all people should have known how much these SS ethnic minorities resent the Igbo yet you ffoollishly carved them into your imaginary Biafran state. These people denied you publicly and even joined Yorubas to insult , incite and mock you yet you think they are your allies!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Ignorance , arrogance and lack of public etiquette was at the root of the fall of Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB followers. Nnamdi Kanu of all people should have known how much these SS ethnic minorities resent the Igbo yet you ffoollishly carved them into your imaginary Biafran state. These people denied you publicly and even joined Yorubas to insult , incite and mock you yet you think they are your allies!!
i tell u bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
ok...u have told me those who didnt break up.. wat about those who did? Ussr and yugoslavia..they are better off now.

We have bad leaders because of ethnic bias and the nigerian bad system...which also stems from ethnic bias.

Kenya is rising fast..things are happening all around us..its time we go into our cultures seperately and bring out the best in us. The world is tired of waiting for africa to get past tribe and religion
And the best way to advance is to use tribe and religion to break up?

The US so broke up because of economic reasons. Do you know why I won't respect nnamdi kanu? He had the opportunity to campaign for a better nigeria regardless of religion and tribe but he let that define his movement. Biafra is an igbo Christian nation? Gerrarahia
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

And the best way to advance is to use tribe and religion to break up?

The US so broke up because of economic reasons. Do you know why I won't respect nnamdi kanu? He had the opportunity to campaign for a better nigeria regardless of religion and tribe but he let that define his movement. Biafra is an igbo Christian nation? Gerrarahia
no insults bro

Let me ask u...wats ur origin?
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by OMANBALA1: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
The average Igbo man is politically deficient I guess because we never build a kingdom to afford us the experience on how to play national politics. An Hausa shoe shiner is more politically equipped than even an Igbo University graduate.

I listened to Nnamdi Kanu and his followers and I was stunned by the carelessness with which they insulted the Fulani,Hausa and even the Yoruba.

Listen, you see a northerner has nothing to lose , the Yoruba has Lagos and they could careless if you Yeebos burn to ashes. A northern is accustomed to living in a deplorable condition and their mentality is million miles apart from the Igbo man who want to be rich and live an affluent life. The northerner is comfortable with the way their elites exploit them and to them its the wish of ALLAH MAGNIFICENT...LOL. You, the Igbo is the only one concerned with the state of governance. They have nothing to lose and they will do anything humanly possible to frustrate you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
OMANBALA1:
The average Igbo man is politically deficient I guess because we never build a kingdom to afford us the experience on how to play national politics. An Hausa shoe shiner is more politically equipped than even an Igbo University graduate.

I listened to Nnamdi Kanu and his followers and I was stunned by the carelessness with which they insulted the Fulani,Hausa and even the Yoruba.

Listen, you see a northerner has nothing to lose , the Yoruba has Lagos and they could careless if you Yeebos burn to ashes. A northern is accustomed to living in a deplorable condition and their mentality is million miles apart from the Igbo man who want to be rich and live an affluent life. The northerner is comfortable with the way their elites exploit them and to them its the wish of ALLAH MAGNIFICENT...LOL. You, the Igbo is the only one concerned with the state of governance. They have nothing to lose and they will do anything humanly possible to frustrate you.
we built the Nri kingdom beyond the river niger and the aro confederacy that streches to uyo. We are not politically defiecient. We are just up against formidable opposition. The yoro moslems are an extention of the vast hausa fulani empire...we are even trying if u ask me.

As for yoro ppl having lagos, lagos is an urban jungle...if u go to paris, brussels, and many european capitals u will see that there are no skyscrapers there...its not about skyscapper...if the igbo business man like don jazzy establishes his biz in enugu and not in lagos, lagos will decline and enugu will grow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by mrbaba18(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
we should nt 4get our bro in asaba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Trash. God that cannot kill Buhari is that one God? And keep worshipping a foreign God.

Remain with ur yoruba brothers and leave igbos alone...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Ojiofor: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
they have no reason to allow or disallow it currently. There is simply never been any OFFICIAL call for referandum by our igbo leaders. And we have not become a security threat.
And neither have we shown persistence
But history tells me that one day..nigeria will reach the tiping point. And it will start from the west

Nigeria has a date with destiny,It will definitely go the way of Yugoslavia.For this reason I hate to see our youths die unnecessariyly for agitating for Biafra.Nigeria will die a natural death when the time comes.
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by OMANBALA1: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
The Yorubas , take the arrival of the Europeans and they are not much different from the Northerners. Have you been to the Yoruba villages and see their living conditions?? Their bread and butter is THE ALMIGHTY LAGOS WHERE EVERY ONE OF THEM ORIGINATED FROM. As long as Lagos exist Yorubas will keep playing the ostrich. Yorubas don't really know what they want from Nigeria nor their destiny. If Yeebos clamor for secession Yorubas will start their own, if Northerners push an agenda they will equally join them. I don't think Yorubas are people who are ready to do anything tangible to define their destiny in the present Nigeria. But I know one thing, they will not chose to stay with the north if Nigeria breaks but they will not ask for secession. They just want you Yeebos to do the work...lol. I guess that the definition of that sanctimonious word SHOFISHTICATED..LOL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by nonhuman(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
I agree with you , the only reason why Nigeria and their politician are corrupt is because of oil money and the reason why Nigeria have refuse to develop thereby undermining our our own( biafra)development as. oil money is doom
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
OMANBALA1:
The Yorubas , take the arrival of the Europeans and they are not much different from the Northerners. Have you been to the Yoruba villages and see their living conditions?? Their bread and butter is THE ALMIGHTY LAGOS WHERE EVERY ONE OF THEM ORIGINATED FROM. As long as Lagos exist Yorubas will keep playing the ostrich. Yorubas don't really know what they want from Nigeria nor their destiny. If Yeebos clamor for secession Yorubas will start their own, if Northerners push an agenda they will equally join them. I don't think Yorubas are people who are ready to do anything tangible to define their destiny in the present Nigeria. But I know one thing, they will not chose to stay with the north if Nigeria breaks but they will not ask for secession. They just want you Yeebos to do the work...lol. I guess that the definition of that sanctimonious word SHOFISHTICATED..LOL
i agree

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

World Bank, US EXIM Bank Commit $3bn To Nigeria Energy Transition Plan / Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo / Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.