Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,298 members, 7,850,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:40 PM

I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra (9236 Views)

On S Serious Note, Igbos Stop Including Niger Delta In Your Zionist Lesotho / Dr. Kingsley Obiora: Is Delta In South South Or South East? / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by horsepower101: 1:32am On Aug 01, 2018
justtoodark:

just pack your things and go....makes no sense talking with you.....

So what is the name of your urohobo village? You still haven’t answered his question for years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Ikenna0b: 1:33am On Aug 01, 2018
horsepower101:

Thanks and God bless for this statement. The fight for Biafra or I might say igbo republic is for the unborn generation. I want all precious igbo children yet to be born to have a far much better life than we did.

Gbam!!!!!!! That's my number one priority as well. Our parents and us may not have gotten a proper nation but unborn Igbo generations will. By God's grace they will.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by justtoodark: 1:34am On Aug 01, 2018
horsepower101:

So what is the name of your urohobo village? You still haven’t answered his question for years.

what...??
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by justtoodark: 1:35am On Aug 01, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Gbam!!!!!!! That's my number one priority as well. Our parents and us may not have gotten a proper nation but unborn Igbo generations will. By God's grace they will.

look at you...something is telling me you are in europe somewhere making noise online...
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Ikenna0b: 1:38am On Aug 01, 2018
justtoodark:

look at you...something is telling me you are in europe somewhere making noise online...

Can someone get this Fulani off my mentions. It's like the idiot does not have a cow to Bleep tonight or something.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by justtoodark: 1:38am On Aug 01, 2018
you igbos in nigeria should be careful...many igbos on this forum are abroad,married to white females and have nasty looking children....

and have foreighn passports....

when trouble start,nothing will happen to them....na una in nigeria will suffer the consequence....
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by justtoodark: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2018
me i don say my own...

nobody can accuse me i was not my brothers keeper....

am out....!!....

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Bede2u(m): 4:06am On Aug 01, 2018
justtoodark:
me i don say my own...

nobody can accuse me i was not my brothers keeper....

am out....!!....
lol I see u gloating over this thread with an air of superiority. Like u think ur tribe is colonising igbos or something. Saying things like biafra will never come. wat i can make out of ur euphoria is someone who has been lied to.

Bro the simple truth u can take to the bank is that ur tribe is not performing any better than any nigerian tribe. And if u foolishly take the nairaland joke too far and go and insult an igbo senator or vip...the police officer that will deal with u for him might even be from ur village. I have seen pictures of most nigerian cities and i can tell u now that they are all the same shithole. so nobody is ahead of anybody. Every state gets oil money monthly from govt. every person is allowed to live and work in any part of nigeria. the development in lagos doesnt benefit the yorubas more than it benefits igbos. we all use the same lagos or abuja airports, so if u see me in the airport u will greet me as ur uncle.

But unlike u and indeed most other nigerian tribes, the igbos feel that they will fair better if they go it alone. U can respect that. nigeria doesnt belong to u any more than it belongs to me. we are equal partners in this project and if a party wants to truly pull out, u should respect that.

what u dont know is that while buhari and the northern leaders are winning election and living large, the masses in the north who bought into their lies and helped them win are getting poorer. Not a whole lot has changed for the average northerner since biafra surrendered in 1970. Today there are 60 million poor northerners..yet their own people have been controling oil money since 1970. LIfe in birinin kebbi is still as dull and poor as it was in 1970. oil money has been shared and so many industries got abandoned...now we cant see the impact of our oil wealth and we cant find any other industries to fall back to. oil gives govt 97% of its forex and 83% of our export. we are basically depending on oil that will soon finish. Funny the north was exporting tons of agric products in the 60s, building tall buildings in kano.

our situation is terrible but u dont even know it. most of the tall buildings in nigeria today were build b4 1970..most of our glory come from wat we were b4 1970. A lot of time has passed and a lot of money spent...but is nigeria now really better than it was in 1970? no. Its basically the same or worse. pictures dont lie. Nigeria was better organised, more beautiful and richer b4 oil came into play. we need to realise the problem. Where did nigeria airways go? NITEL? Our universities in the 60s and 70s were beacons of excellence and beauty, NIPOST..where is the hope of a nigerian graduate today? have u ever heard that a nigerian graduate was arrested for drugs in the 60s...or that terrorsits were attacking people? where is the great nigeria our fathers grew up in?

bro..ur tribe is not colonising igbo and so will not decide if igbo will leave or not. bro...ur tribe is not better than igbos and therefore u dont get to laugh at us...bro we are all in the same deep mess together. the only difference btw us is igbos believe that things will get better if we go it alone while ur own tribe dont have any hope but to remain in the deep mess and laugh like u are winning

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Fearlez: 4:29am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:
Another important attribute to development is the people's temprament.
The Igbos have a cool...non violent...non confrontational temprament. The Niger Delta dont. They have this ''i be creek boy'' ''our oyel'' ''warri no dey carry last'' mindset. U cant build a developed, peaceful nation with such people.
River Niger is not a sea port, it's an inland water.

Without port Harcourt which is over 70 percent Igbo, it means Biafra will be a land locked state without access to the sea. Very vital for economy, ask Niger and Austria.
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Bede2u(m): 4:36am On Aug 01, 2018
Fearlez:

Without port Harcourt which is over 70 percent Igbo, it means Biafra will be a land locked state without access to the sea. Very vital for economy, ask Niger and Austria.

paris and london ports are located on inland water...yet they are among the two busiest ports in the world

the suez canal is even artificial water...yet its being heavily used by egypt and it revolutionised water travel. bro igboland is good to go without port.

any shipping company that wants to work in igboland will know to make use of vessels that can go on rivers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by justtoodark: 4:36am On Aug 01, 2018
Fearlez:

i dont think ijaws will agree with your argument...

even if its true....you can forget ijaws will hand over their land to biafra....
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by justtoodark: 4:39am On Aug 01, 2018
Bede2u:
paris and london ports are located on inland water...yet they are among the two busiest ports in the world

the suez canal is even artificial water...yet its being heavily used by egypt and it revolutionised water travel. bro igboland is good to go without port.

any shipping company that wants to work in igboland will know to make use of vessels that can go on rivers

you dont just get it do you...??

you still have to pass nigerian territory to reach the ocean....

your biafra pipe dreams cant work if you are not ready to get it by force.....

its like am talking to a wall here....
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 5:10am On Aug 01, 2018
Fearlez:

South sudan is landlocked..but it has a river port.
Juba port is the main river port in South Sudan. Other main ports in the country are located in the towns of Bor, Mangalla, Shambe, Adok, Malakal, Melut and Renk. Barges are not confined to docking at these locations and will travel to where they are needed and where it is safest to dock. General cargo barges docking in Juba can contain anything from food and household goods, to building supplies, heavy engineering machinery, vehicles and fuel. Passenger barges carry IDPs from conflict areas in the north of the country also terminate at Juba making the port an important transit area for IDPs.

If u see...a ship will pass thru somalia and ethiopia b4 it reaches the port...if river niger passes thru nigeria or anyother country, then we must negotiate to keep our vessels flowing thru...

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Fearlez: 5:15am On Aug 01, 2018
Bede2u:

England is surrounded by North And Irish Seas with London at the very edge with a crack of ports making way into the city. Which kind talk be this one?

England itself na island country inside Europe so which one you come dey compare London and Biafra?

Egypt isn't a landlocked country and it doesn't share the canal as a border with another country.
Biafra Without Port Harcourt will be surrounded all around by Nigeria and would need sea access from Nigeria as well.
Cameroon will also be landlocked at the Eastern border.

Very uncomfortable.
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Fearlez: 5:16am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:
South sudan is landlocked..but it has a river port.
Juba port is the main river port in South Sudan. Other main ports in the country are located in the towns of Bor, Mangalla, Shambe, Adok, Malakal, Melut and Renk. Barges are not confined to docking at these locations and will travel to where they are needed and where it is safest to dock. General cargo barges docking in Juba can contain anything from food and household goods, to building supplies, heavy engineering machinery, vehicles and fuel. Passenger barges carry IDPs from conflict areas in the north of the country also terminate at Juba making the port an important transit area for IDPs.

If u see...a ship will pass thru somalia and ethiopia b4 it reaches the port...if river niger passes thru nigeria or anyother country, then we must negotiate to keep our vessels flowing thru...

That's why south Sudan is still a chief destination for UN charity and UNESCO aid since breaking away from Sudan .
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 5:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Fearlez:

That's why south Sudan is still a chief destination for UN charity and UNESCO aid since breaking away from Sudan .
lol..so u believe that once ur nation is not opened to the sea...it will be poor...well here is the irony...ethiopia is landlocked even worse than biafra...but its richer than togo with miles of coastal line and oil...

Austria is rich than nigeria...yet its landlocked without oil.

I repeat...igboland is not landlocked...we have water ways...we dont need nigerdelta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Fearlez: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:
lol..so u believe that once ur nation is not opened to the sea...it will be poor...well here is the irony...ethiopia is landlocked even worse than biafra...but its richer than togo with miles of coastal line and oil...

Austria is rich than nigeria...yet its landlocked without oil.

I repeat...igboland is not landlocked...we have water ways...we dont need nigerdelta

Ethiopia is over 80 million people with an economy of 72 billion dollar GDP. That my friend is a textbook definition of poor and miserable.

Being landlocked doesn't necessarily condemn a country to being poor, it simply makes them overly dependent on their neighbours, restricting trade and geopolitical reach.

Take a look at what South Africa is doing to Swaziland!
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by selemempe: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2018
Fearlez:

Ethiopia is over 80 million people with an economy of 72 billion dollar GDP. That my friend is a textbook definition of poor and miserable.

Being landlocked doesn't necessarily condemn a country to being poor, it simply makes them overly dependent on their neighbours, restricting trade and geopolitical reach.

Take a look at what South Africa is doing to Swaziland!

Togo with sea access is even poorer. Meanwhile landlocked ethiopia is the fastest developing country in africa...and Adis Ababa looks better than both lagos and abuja in terms of modern streets and infrastructure...

I wont stand here and tell u that having biafra without port harcourt will be all rosy...but its not worse than we have it now.

At least people will start using onitsha river port..cos now nobody is using it. At least we can use our international airports instead of going to lagos. If we need to loby the niger delta to keep river niger open for us, we will...other wise we threaten to dam it. They lose nothing by keeping it open to us...but they lose a lot if we dam it for electricity...remember it flows from north into the ocean.
We are not swaziland...and the dynamics are not the same. Swaziland dont have a river port. We do. The only thing we need is for nigeria to keep their part of the niger open to us. They can...its all diplomacy.

The ikwerre shakara is too much for people bringing only sea access that we have an alternative to

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Fearlez: 6:09am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:
Togo with sea access is even poorer. Meanwhile landlocked ethiopia is the fastest developing country in africa...and Adis Ababa looks better than both lagos and abuja in terms of modern streets and infrastructure...

I wont stand here and tell u that having biafra without port harcourt will be all rosy...but its not worse than we have it now.

At least people will start using onitsha river port..cos now nobody is using it. At least we can use our international airports instead of going to lagos. If we need to loby the niger delta to keep river niger open for us, we will...other wise we threaten to dam it. They lose nothing by keeping it open to us...but they lose a lot if we dam it for electricity...remember it flows from north into the ocean.
We are not swaziland...and the dynamics are not the same. Swaziland dont have a river port. We do. The only thing we need is for nigeria to keep their part of the niger open to us. They can...its all diplomacy.

The ikwerre shakara is too much for people bringing only sea access that we have an alternative to

A $70 billion dollar economy will always be the fastest because it's like a child growing everyday still at the budding stages.

Meanwhile Ethiopia has been the only African country not to be colonised and has remained as a country for centuries building and growing when the rest of Africa was blundered by colonialism. That's very poor argument from you.

Besides Togo is just 7 million in total population.

Compare Ethiopia with tiny Angola, or South Africa or Nigeria, stop looking for a 7 million population Togo for comparison.

Please which Niger Delta community will you lobby to open up the River Niger?
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Thank God another is saying what I have been saying. We don't need the south south tribes. I tell my dad this all the time. I grew up in calabar and I know how much hatred the efiks have for igbos. It's best to be on your own or you end up creating another Nigeria. This people are lazy and have a lot of environmental degradation due to oil spillage. You can't start a new nation if it ever comes with that much liability. They aren't even educated that much. Check the unity school cut off points of bayelsa and cross river. What exactly are they bringing to the table that IPOB is romancing with them lipsrsealed. I have nothing against the tribes against the south south and Philip effiong God bless his soul really did his best for the old biafra but that period has gone and a lot of water has since passed under the bridge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by gidgiddy: 8:11am On Aug 01, 2018
pyxon:

I have seen times without number how ikwerre vehemently deny their igboness to the point it has gotten embarrassing. Igbo is a successful tribe that has cultural ties with a lot of tribes and Trust me there are tribes that will choose to leave with Igbo when the time comes. Ikwerre can go with ijaws and continue playing politics with them

Depends on who you talk to. Not all these people claiming to be Ikwerre are actually Ikwerre. Some are migrants from Ogoni, Ijaws and Ibibio who have lost touch with their ancestral lands and now claim Ikwerre

Chibike Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers state and a proud Ikwerre man has warned that nobody should deny him his Igbo heritage in the video below. So not all Ikwerre deny being Igbo, the larger percentage have no problem with their Igboness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yriYzb61PEM
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by gidgiddy: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2018
justtoodark:

you dont just get it do you...??

you still have to pass nigerian territory to reach the ocean....

your biafra pipe dreams cant work if you are not ready to get it by force.....

its like am talking to a wall here....

Under International law, nobody owns the River. You may own the land but you do not own a River. If it were not for that, Guinea, which the River Niger originates from, would have claimed ownership of the River Niger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by pyxon(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2018
gidgiddy:

Depends on who you talk to. Not all these people claiming to be Ikwerre are actually Ikwerre. Some are migrants from Ogoni, Ijaws and Ibibio who have lost touch with their ancestral lands and now claim Ikwerre

Chibike Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers state and a proud Ikwerre man has warned that nobody should deny him his Igbo heritage in the video below. So not all Ikwerre deny being Igbo, the larger percentage have no problem with their Igboness.

In my years on this earth, I have never seen an ikwerre man that accepts he is Igbo except when it favors him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Naajjii: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:
Yes...u heard right. I dont want Biafra. If Biafra would be a collection of Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik, Ogoni, Igbo, Ejeagham etc...i dont want it. It would be a mini nigeria.

What I want is a Republic or Kingdom of Igboland. We would develop faster alone. If we ever link up with the tribes of SS to form a country, we would suffer the same things we have been suffering in Nigeria. We would go and be developing p.h, uyo and calabar... leaving our own Enugu, onitsha and aba.

We would also have a rebellion in our hands. The tribes of SS will see every Igbo move as a way of dominating them. Let everybody answer his papa name abeg.

We have everything we need in Igboland...we have smart professionals- people like soludo and pat utomi..we have business mugols- people Tony Elumelu and Orji kalu. , we have Onitsha River port and we can always connect a railway to onne seaport into Aba, we have international airport and soon cargo airport, we have fertile lands, a portable landmass that will be easily developed.

What we should however ensure (as smart politicians) is that if nigeria ever divides anytime in the future, that it divides along tribal lines. In that way, we will maintain our hegemony as a large nation...together with the yorobàs and the hausa-fula nation.

We must never allow a Republic of Niger delta to form...nor allow the middle belt tribes to form one nation. Let every tribe (or closely related tribes) stand on their own and answer their papa name.

Which tribes in middle are you referring to here!!
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Favor99(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:
u are the childish one here bro. U are not welcomed in any future biafra...and u wont be allowed to merge as niger delta republic...deal with it.

Let ur tribe stand on its own...are u afraid that u are too small?
Hey watch your mouth there. Treat the woman with respect.
She was being respectful, and now your talking to her anyhow.

Limeta
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by mightguy(m): 8:47am On Aug 01, 2018
gidgiddy:

bros forget about amaechi. He is jst saying this for his own selfish political interests. Isn't it funny that when things are going good they will ride on igbonese to some certain position. People like lauratta onochie and when they reach there they turn around and bash u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by mightguy(m): 8:50am On Aug 01, 2018
I think I agree with selemempe. The time we realise that biafra is igbo nation the better for all of us and for some clans denial their igboness. We will jejely carve them out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by Naajjii: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2018
selemempe:

What we should however ensure (as smart politicians) is that if nigeria ever divides anytime in the future, that it divides along tribal lines. In that way, we will maintain our hegemony as a large nation...together with the yorobàs and the hausa-fula nation.

We must never allow a Republic of Niger delta to form...nor allow the middle belt tribes to form one nation. Let every tribe (or closely related tribes) stand on their own and answer their papa name.
This is the mentality that has placed you people in this situation. You are struggling to get Biafra yet you are thinking of adding other tribes that don't share anything or share little at the boundary with you into Biafra. How do you think you will succeed with this mentality ?
Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by mightguy(m): 9:00am On Aug 01, 2018
pyxon:

In my years on this earth, I have never seen an ikwerre man that accepts he is Igbo except when it favors him
oga adiri gi na mma. Don't mind them. They will claim igbo to attain some certain areas in politics while we we think our broda is there already
He will be working against us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by mightguy(m): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2018
Naajjii:

This is the mentality that has placed you people in this situation. You are struggling to get Biafra yet you are thinking of adding other tribes that don't share anything or share little at the boundary with you into Biafra. How do you think you will succeed with this mentality ?
please xplain more. Tribes like what? Can u mention the tribe u accuse of of grabbing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by mightguy(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2018
Naajjii:

please can u explain more?tribes like what are you accusing us of grabbing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra by pyxon(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2018
mightguy:
oga adiri gi na mma. Don't mind them. They will claim igbo to attain some certain areas in politics while we we think our broda is there already
He will be working against us

Yes. You're right bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kaduna Governorship: I Am Not Desperate To Win - El-Rufai / Imo: Panel recommends sacking of VCs, Rectors appointed by Okorocha / Court Restrains Enugu PDP From Tampering With Delegate List After Ward Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.