Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,785 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? (35077 Views)

Covid-19: Stop Begging; Here's One Meal You Can Prepare With Just N50 / 4 Nutritious Nigerian Meals You Can Prepare With N2000 Or Less / Man Buys Smoked Fish Stuffed With Cartons In Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by udo2018: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
dollytino4real:
use it to prepare okro soup but add meat, kpomo and esam to make sweet. only dat fish does not have good taste, it 4 brokemanage people.
For your mind nau.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by 1miccza: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Panla le leyi now, efo riro soup with some meat, and fresh fish, a bit of snails. Come use better iyan kill am...
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Didcot: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Let me ask my wife.
I will be back.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Reference(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
I will prepare to see my doctor in the morning. These things just knock me off. Hygiene is a problem everywhere. If its not factory made then I pass please. Seafood is very sensitive to spoiling and some of these mongers only smoke them when it cannot be sold fresh and then the smoking itself is only skin deep enabling the bacteria wear hard hats and thermal jackets.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by 1miccza: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
Victurh:

Sometimes they do.

Bros na lie jare grin grin
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Imustreturn(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Looks delicious
thanks babe.

Just made it now
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by 1miccza: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2018
Reference:
I will prepare to see my doctor in the morning. These things just knock me off. Hygiene is a problem everywhere. If its not factory made then I pass please.

Na una type dey fat pass puff puff for the abroad so ooo...
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Beans porridge, yam and dried fish stew. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by mBillz: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Oma Igala chai!!
utenwuson:
Okpeye rice..... Oh MA God
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Imustreturn:
thanks babe.

Just made it now
Enjoy
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ila alasepo lo sure ju!

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
dominique:
I sometines add it to my stew, sometimes vegetable soup. I prefer it's smell to that of stockfish in soup.
be careful the idiott that commented above u have describe u as broke
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Reference(m): 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
1miccza:

Na una type dey fat pass puff puff for the abroad so ooo...

Of course I am bulky. I weigh over 200 pounds. Do I sound like a joke. But I still won't touch that thing.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Imustreturn(m): 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Enjoy
thanks.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by aribisala0(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ikokore any day or Yam pottage
or fry with eggs (better than tinned fish just soak in water overnight in the fridge)
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by thaoriginator: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2018
tuwon shinkafa da miyar taushe da dagedage grin
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Ila alasepo lo sure ju!
o sure pa.she pelu eba to gbono abi ti o tutu
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by 1miccza: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
Reference:

Of course I am bulky. I weigh over 200 pounds. Do I sound like a joke. But I still won't touch that thing.

A nor talk am??

And you still dey find factory fitted abi na wetin you call am

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Tinamoore(f): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
Noodles, porridge and okra soup smiley
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by afilaka(f): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
Always forming,panla is the most common smoked fish compared to any other,i use it alot especially those that contains egg.And mind you,na we yoruba dey use am pass,so stop forming as if itz an olden days tin.

Abimbola29:
who on earth still eats panla fish
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by nwakibe: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
If u use this thing drink gari together with coconut. In fact, e don dey hungry me now. make I go find one for market.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Omoikarekimire(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
dollytino4real:
use it to prepare okro soup but add meat, kpomo and esam to make sweet. only dat fish does not have good taste, it 4 brokemanage people.
Yeeee lolz u have abuse poverty people pa.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Radiant1020(f): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Use it to cook palm oil rice with enough pepper, tomatoes and onions
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by afilaka(f): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Ila alasepo lo sure ju!

Ego better for you jawe......ila alasepo and dat fish na pass mark,i use mine for fried stew,indomie,okro,vegetable ,it s tasty i must say.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by BIXYBABE: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
Vegetables with melon
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Yankee101: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
Jellof rice
Fresh Okra soup with shrimps
Dried Okra soup with dadawa
Vegetable soup with plenty sweet red oil
Yam porridge with pepper
Watery beans with red oil (remove ALL bones to enjoy)
Beans soup
Egusi/Beniseed soup. Red oil

Chei, naija sweet if no be issues i tell you

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dingbang(m): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
Its in this thread you will find wife materials
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by bellville: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
Victurh:
Yoruba's call it_ Kpanla kika (meaning smoked round fish). So tasty in fried stews or vegetables, but sometimes, makes your stew more peppery to taste. cheesy
it is also called osuka egun (roundly folded piece of cloth that egun people use to support their heads when hawking this particular fish)
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dominique(f): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
twinskenny:

My wife know how to season this with jollof and ata rodo lol

My SIL also used it to cook jollof rice once, it was very tasty. Panla Kika is bae, I don't care if people say it's broke people's fish.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Amarabae(f): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
I don't find this kind of smoked fish hygienic enough.
I prefer fresh fish pls.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Lagosian29(m): 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
BUY PAID UDEMY VIDEOS FOR N1K

MERN STACK FRONT TO BACK: FULL STACK REACT, REDUX & NODE.JS
Package: Express, MERN Stack, MongoDB, Node.js, React, Redux, social network, Stack React

MEAN STACK FRONT TO BACK
Package: Express, MEAN Stack, MongoDB, Node.js, Angular

ANGULAR 4 FRONT TO BACK
Package: Angular 4, application, Firebase integration

BOOTSTRAP 4 FROM SCRATCH WITH 5 PROJECTS
Package: Bootstrap 4, CSS3, HTML5 semantics, Sass

MATERIALIZE CSS FROM SCRATCH WITH 5 PROJECT
Package: CSS, CSS framework, HTML 5

NODE EXPRESS MONGODB DEV TO DEPLOYMENT
Package: Express, MongoDB Dev, Node.js, Node.js applications

MODERN JAVASCRIPT FROM THE BEGINNING
Package: JavaScript, Modern JavaScript

OBJECT ORIENTED PHP & MVC
Package: application, MVC framework, Object Oriented, PHP

ANDELA HOMESTUDY TEST ANSWERS (QUALIFIED.IO)

BUY ANY AND GET FREE GIMP GRAPHIC DESIGN TUTORIAL

FOR ENQUIRIES AND PAYMENT
contact lateefabideen@yahoo.com

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Jerrypolo(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
pocohantas:

Noodles? shocked
What does pocohantas know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.